PDA

View Full Version : PSO Char Signatures

Miraclearrow
Oct 19, 2012, 02:03 PM
Hey Everyone!

So I've noticed that a lot of you have made some really cool PSO 2 forum signatures using your characters. I know that a lot of other communities do something where they will have an art section and people can request signatures etc. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to make me a cool signature using my character. Its totally open to your artistic tastes and I would just supply a couple cool pics of my character. Would anyone be interested in doing this for me. I can't really offer anything in return except for a sincere thank you. Let me know if anyone is interested. I think it would be a really cool idea. I have tried in the past to be apart of these but I am just terrible at them lol.

Griffin
Oct 19, 2012, 02:05 PM
Every cool signature I made was removed for filesize being over the limit. It's really hard for me to make something with great quality and maintain a low KB count.

blace
Oct 19, 2012, 02:11 PM
Every cool signature I made was removed for filesize being over the limit. It's really hard for me to make something with great quality and maintain a low KB count.
You could upload it to a photo sharing site, but there are restrictions on that as well.

Griffin
Oct 19, 2012, 02:18 PM
You could upload it to a photo sharing site, but there are restrictions on that as well.

Yea, it wouldn't help.

I don't mean to pry, but yours is 200,000 Bytes, when mines was about 40,000 Bytes less. The limit is 50,000 Bytes, granted I find it to be too low.

Z-0
Oct 19, 2012, 02:20 PM
I personally don't understand the restrictions. It's not like anyone uses Dial-Up anymore.

blace
Oct 19, 2012, 02:26 PM
I don't mean to pry, but yours is 200,000 Bytes, when mines was about 40,000 Bytes less. The limit is 50,000 Bytes, granted I find it to be too low.

Don't get it either to be quite honest, just did the photobucket route and lo and behold it worked.

Griffin
Oct 19, 2012, 02:28 PM
Don't get it either to be quite honest, just did the photobucket route and lo and behold it worked.

Yea, it's gonna work, but it will eventually be removed, and letting you know WHY it was removed. I dunno really if it's automatic or a moderator does it. It's the second time it happened to me a couple weeks after posting the signature. I mean, you HAVE to use an image uploader anyway to link it here. I use Imgur and I'm sure using Photobucket would make no difference; the filesize will be the same.

Zorafim
Oct 19, 2012, 02:49 PM
Just do what I do. Take a cool picture, cut out a small shot, and use that as a sig.

I highly suggest having a picture of your character in your signature, by the way. As you post, people just see words, and no face. The sig adds that face, and makes the exchange of information more human.

Miraclearrow
Oct 19, 2012, 02:51 PM
^ You were the reason i wrote the thread lol. I read your whole little bio and thought it was cool and at least wanted some pics of my char on here :D

P.S.

Any takers for doing a more photoshop style for me? It doesnt' have to be anything crazy!! If not thats cool. I will probably end up taking some pics in the mean time :D

Shirokami
Just do what I do. Take a cool picture, cut out a small shot, and use that as a sig.

I highly suggest having a picture of your character in your signature, by the way. As you post, people just see words, and no face. The sig adds that face, and makes the exchange of information more human.

You look like a cast to me.

valmont
look at my sig, if that interest you. just pm me xD

Griffin
Oct 19, 2012, 02:52 PM

I probably should just make something smaller, like a circle portrait.

Gama
Oct 19, 2012, 02:55 PM
still working on mine....

the current one is an unfinished version.

Miraclearrow
Oct 19, 2012, 02:55 PM
look at my sig, if that interest you. just pm me xD

PM'd!

Zorafim
Oct 19, 2012, 03:09 PM
Remember to keep in the forum limits, found here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forumrules). Your signature can only be 600 pixels in width, 180 pixels in height, and 50,000 bytes in filesize. Your photo editing program should be able to tell you its size, or you can check your picture's properties.
The average picture most people come up with is always over this limit. Keep a close check to see if you're good.

You look like a cast to me.

They didn't have any fish races. I had to improvise.

^ You were the reason i wrote the thread lol. I read your whole little bio and thought it was cool and at least wanted some pics of my char on here :D

I'm trying to start a revolution. Post your character in that same thread (which should be as popular as the screenshot thread), and any information you want on it. Then link the thread in your sig, and anyone who wants to know more about you can get the info easy.

PSOW is rather famous for its pointless arguments. I think if everyone gets to know everyone else, it'll be harder for these to start up.

supersonix9
Oct 19, 2012, 03:17 PM
Picture + Photoshop.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 19, 2012, 04:15 PM
+^_^+ i tried to make a thread in the art section where people could ask the community for awesome siggies+^_^+ but, it never caught on, which is a shame, there are some awesome artists out there+^_^+ i did end up with four awesome Siggies though+^_^+ 2 were too big for PSOW but i use them elsewhere, FB banner, other forums, etc.+^_^+ at any rate, MissMalice (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=74213) and Mimo (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=50584) made great Siggies within the 180x600 pixel size and 48KB file size limit+^_^+

Griffin
Oct 19, 2012, 11:19 PM
I see many people with over-the-limit signatures that have been on much longer than mine ever have, so I'm thinking it's personal vendetta. >:U

Drifting Fable
Oct 19, 2012, 11:31 PM
While we're on the subject:

Are GIFs in signatures allowed? Or is it mainly a problem with trying to meet the file limits?

And in the cases of mulitple images, I'm assuming their combined height must even out to 180?

blace
Oct 19, 2012, 11:36 PM
I see many people with over-the-limit signatures that have been on much longer than mine ever have, so I'm thinking it's personal vendetta. >:U
Funny how you say that and my signature gets removed for the second time.

While we're on the subject:

Are GIFs in signatures allowed? Or is it mainly a problem with trying to meet the file limits?

And in the cases of mulitple images, I'm assuming their combined height must even out to 180?

GIF's tend to use up quite a bit of memory than static images, but you'll need to consult a mod about it.

freyt
Oct 19, 2012, 11:37 PM
I wouldn't see why not. Just make sure it's under 48.8kb and meets the image size limits.

Griffin
Oct 19, 2012, 11:44 PM
Funny how you say that and my signature gets removed for the second time.

Damn, sorry, bro. It wasn't my intent for that to happen. I guess it something mods will do if they're bored or remember to look out for it.

Crystal_Shard
Oct 19, 2012, 11:50 PM
@Griffin: Don't ascribe to malice, what can be attributed to being unlucky. Unless you've made an effort to annoy a mod, I think you just happened to be unlucky enough to have your sig seen by a mod. (and no, I'm not one ^_^')

There are a few people with GIF sigs - mostly blinking eyes or simple animation - that the mods have let through before. Something with a lot of animation is invariably going to be massive in size however. Anyway, it wouldn't be that good an idea for those file and dimension limits to be lifted. Imagine a discussion thread where everyone has 1-2 MB 1024x768 sigs. Hard to read, slow to load, impossible to browse on a mobile device, and it'll play havoc with the forum's CSS. Browsing the Screenshots thread on a 3G mobile device is already hard enough as it is without adding sigs into the mix

Griffin
Oct 19, 2012, 11:54 PM
@Griffin: Don't ascribe to malice, what can be attributed to [insert text here]. Unless you've made an effort to annoy a mod, I think you just happened to be unlucky enough to have your sig seen by a mod. (and no, I'm not one ^_^')

Trust me, I knows. :U

[Ayumi]
Oct 20, 2012, 12:27 AM
I see no way to make a sig below 50kb without looking horrible.

blace
Oct 20, 2012, 01:15 AM
Damn, sorry, bro. It wasn't my intent for that to happen. I guess it something mods will do if they're bored or remember to look out for it.

Nah, it's cool. Needed to update it sooner or later, but trying to make it look decent at such low quality is a hassle.

Sparzyle
Oct 20, 2012, 01:17 AM
I just made my sig with a picture of my chara's and edited it a little with my crappy GIMP skills :B

freyt
Oct 20, 2012, 01:29 AM
You can do a lot with 48.8kb

Gama
Oct 20, 2012, 02:24 AM
converted my sig from jpeg to gif. 70k to 30k lol

freyt
Oct 20, 2012, 02:27 AM
jpegs normally can't do transparency anyways.

And for images you want to be transparent but make it too high in kb's, you can always fake it by mimicking the forums background color.

Temprus
Oct 20, 2012, 02:28 AM
One day I hope to make a cool sig like others have. I think mine feels kinda simple.

Gama
Oct 20, 2012, 02:28 AM
that's what i did :3

Gama
Oct 20, 2012, 02:29 AM
double post by accident...

[Ayumi]
Oct 20, 2012, 02:31 AM
converted my sig from jpeg to gif. 70k to 30k lol

Thanks. never thought of that.
Went from 80k to 29k.

EDIT: Then again I never thought of it because many times changing to gif makes the colours screwed up... then again all there is in mine are Black, White, and Red.... and hints of blue, lol.

Temprus
Oct 20, 2012, 02:33 AM
Best to convert to gif anyways if you're uploading it to pso-world. It'll become a gif no matter what you do after all.

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 02:45 AM
My opinion about them is, that they're pretty annoying. Though I'm not trying to mean to anyone by saying this.

blace
Oct 20, 2012, 02:50 AM
My opinion about them is, that they're pretty annoying. Though I'm not trying to mean to anyone by saying this.
I can understand that, it's just a way to show off what you can do with programs offered though. More annoying on sites where there is not set limit and people cram large images into that tiny 500 pixel space.

For now, I'll be using an old signature I had made and never used in .gif, the spotty quality irks me.

Priest
Oct 20, 2012, 03:02 AM
I personally don't understand the restrictions. It's not like anyone uses Dial-Up anymore.

I do. But luckily firefox has the option of not loading images automatically. So still, no excuse!

freyt
Oct 20, 2012, 03:19 AM
that's what i did :3

Gimme a brohug :D

Also, the thing about pso-world changing your image into a gif seems to be true. Might as well make it a gif to begin with.

Some image editors have things in place so you can only pick out appropriate colors.

Kinujou
Oct 20, 2012, 03:22 AM
i decided ill ask missmalice for a sig after someone finally finds me in the look for people thread (I'm purposely hiding my user, in hopes someone would use the pictures as hints and find me on their own, somewhat of a game within that game!)

NoiseHERO
Oct 20, 2012, 03:59 AM
I drew the shitty contents of my sig, and was tortured to learn to automatically make any sig I create 500x100 by a previous forum's annoying sig rules.

Gama
Oct 20, 2012, 04:18 AM
Gimme a brohug :D

Also, the thing about pso-world changing your image into a gif seems to be true. Might as well make it a gif to begin with.

Some image editors have things in place so you can only pick out appropriate colors.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/5/55/Hug-Emoticon-1-.gif

Also, in photoshop converting to indexed color "with a background" will preserve most colors, i wouldnt use this with any kind of alpha do "always ends up looking choppy"

Shirai
Oct 20, 2012, 12:41 PM
I'll never be able to make a sig that won't be removed by the mods. .-.
Even if I reduce the KB's through photoshop. It somehow gets taken down even when it follows the rules.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 20, 2012, 01:04 PM
I'll never be able to make a sig that won't be removed by the mods. .-.
Even if I reduce the KB's through photoshop. It somehow gets taken down even when it follows the rules.

rules are file size of 50,000 bytes (48.828 KB) and a pixel height of 180 by a width of 600, and that it contains family friendly content+^_^+ if it met that, and it still got taken down, well, idk what to say!! Mods and Admins are the powers that be for their domains+^_^+