PDA

View Full Version : Cross bursting.

Syklo
Oct 20, 2012, 06:37 AM
Somehow got really lucky in a MPA right after a code:protect with crystals getting a triple three-way cross burst :3

Greatest lightshow i've seen :D

But on the subject of triple, is it theoretically possible to infinitely get "ONE MORE!" burst?

P.S. What's the difference between Ice boost and Ice attack boost, and what's Ice Droprate boost?
P.P.S. I heard weather can affect PSE rate, can anyone confirm as well as mention the (relative) probabilities?

NoiseHERO
Oct 20, 2012, 06:59 AM
Maybe there's some kind of RNG related to the chance of getting a "one more" that's increased as you kill more/level up more PSE's and eventually it'll either screw you over or give you a terrible rate by the time you're at +5.

I'm assuming ice droprate boost would be a higher chance of dropping ice element items.

gigawuts
Oct 20, 2012, 07:18 AM
I always figured there was a kill quota, and it would increase to the point of being impossible to meet eventually.

Or maybe it's on an RNG, and the odds get better with more kills.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 20, 2012, 07:27 AM
From what I can guess, "Ice Bonus" does what the Force skill thing does, which is making it more likely to freeze things

And, I thought the Rare Droprate PSE was the only "droprate" PSE

jooozek
Oct 20, 2012, 07:28 AM
And, I thought the Rare Droprate PSE was the only "droprate" PSE

Never saw "Rare Droprate PSE", where did you see it?

gigawuts
Oct 20, 2012, 07:29 AM
Ice droprate supposedly increases the chance of weapons dropping with ice elements. There's a similar bonus for all elements. There's only one rare droprate PSE bonus, though.

The rare droprate PSE is tied to using the fire element IIRC, but is otherwise unrelated to the Fire Droprate PSE.

edit: I'm looking at sites and I think I may be wrong about the rare droprate PSE, maybe that's rare enemy PSE? I saw a page that listed the elemental droprates with pictures of their popup image, but can't find it now. The only pages I'm finding don't have the elemental droprate stuff. Oh well.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 20, 2012, 07:42 AM
The rare droprate PSE is tied to using the fire element IIRC,

You mean like, killing enemies with all of the many Lucky Rise fire weapons? (and foie)

Is this stuff about PSE on a site somewhere

Z-0
Oct 20, 2012, 07:43 AM
Lol, killing enemies with a certain element or affix or type of attack doesn't give different types of PSE. This is most definitely false as if you go and solo, you will get many unrelated PSE effects. And added to this, I have never seen the Rare Droprate PSE and I use fire technics and fire elemental weapons like 99% of the time.

The PSEs you can get are based on area.

gigawuts
Oct 20, 2012, 07:44 AM
You mean like, killing enemies with all of the many Lucky Rise fire weapons? (and foie)

Is this stuff about PSE on a site somewhere

I really don't know, there's threads here with better information than what I can tell you. I got this info from either guides here or JP wikis, and didn't bookmark either because I don't do PSE half as often enough to need to care.

Lol, killing enemies with a certain element or affix or type of attack doesn't give different types of PSE. This is most definitely false as if you go and solo, you will get many unrelated PSE effects. And added to this, I have never seen the Rare Droprate PSE and I use fire technics and fire elemental weapons like 99% of the time.

This is news to me, literally everything I've ever read says the element you use is tied to the PSE bonuses.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 20, 2012, 07:54 AM
So apparently, I was confused due to not actually reading things

The Rare PSE is actually Rare Enemy Appearance Rate, Bonus and Droprate Bonus are the same thing (makes it easier to get elements to use against the current area) and Boost and Attack Boost are the same thing

gigawuts
Oct 20, 2012, 07:56 AM
So it sounds like I read guides that changed the terms then.

Laxedrane
Oct 20, 2012, 08:09 AM
This is news to me, literally everything I've ever read says the element you use is tied to the PSE bonuses.

Just in my personal experience and paying attention to the information scrolling on the screen. Elements are tied to the PSE that are based in elements.(Damage, drop rate bonus. Ever notice that the element enemies are weak to always seem to get boosted? That's why. And I have personally caused pse level ups in elements not commonly used just to prove it.(Although myself alone wasn't enough to get it past 3))

However, I personally believe the ones that have nothing to do with elements. Are randomly picked on the first level up. That's my theory anyways.

Syklo
Oct 20, 2012, 08:30 PM

Just in my personal experience and paying attention to the information scrolling on the screen. Elements are tied to the PSE that are based in elements.(Damage, drop rate bonus. Ever notice that the element enemies are weak to always seem to get boosted? That's why. And I have personally caused pse level ups in elements not commonly used just to prove it.(Although myself alone wasn't enough to get it past 3))

However, I personally believe the ones that have nothing to do with elements. Are randomly picked on the first level up. That's my theory anyways.

^^^ Both of these. From experience, the Elemental PSEs obtainable are determined by:

Area
Weakness of the monster being killed

I have some theories on what may affect the chance of PSE occurring, but I believe they have been tested/disproven otherwise already...so i won't post them.

Btw, is the maximum amount of simultaneous PSEs 4?

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 10:20 PM
^^^ Both of these. From experience, the Elemental PSEs obtainable are determined by:

Area
Weakness of the monster being killed

I have some theories on what may affect the chance of PSE occurring, but I believe they have been tested/disproven otherwise already...so i won't post them.

Btw, is the maximum amount of simultaneous PSEs 4?
I think that the max number of PSEs is 3.

Syklo
Oct 20, 2012, 10:51 PM
I think that the max number of PSEs is 3.
Well the most I had at once was 4, and that happened several times.
I'd post an SS but I don't think it's allowed since it contains "patched" content.

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 11:04 PM
Well the most I had at once was 4, and that happened several times.
I'd post an SS but I don't think it's allowed since it contains "patched" content.
Max number of consecutive or max number of different? I was stating that I could only recall seeing 3 different PSEs at a time. As for how many you can have one after another? The world may never know.

Syklo
Oct 20, 2012, 11:33 PM
Max number of consecutive or max number of different? I was stating that I could only recall seeing 3 different PSEs at a time. As for how many you can have one after another? The world may never know.

As in quantity of different PSEs being active at one time i.e. having Fire boost, Rare enemy boost, Meseta drop boost and EXP boost being active at one time (but when each of them were initially activated can be different)

Z-0
Oct 21, 2012, 12:01 AM
Four. All Free Fields can have 4, Emergency Missions can only have 3.

Syklo
Oct 21, 2012, 12:10 AM
Four. All Free Fields can have 4, Emergency Missions can only have 3.

Really?

That's interesting.

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 12:21 AM
Yeah, it looks like a lot more is known about PSE now. It seems certain effects are tied to certain areas. Interesting setup, it means certain areas are inherently better for hunting different elemental weapons, rare multi-area enemies, etc.

Griffin
Oct 21, 2012, 01:34 AM
Greatest lightshow i've seen :D

http://i.imgur.com/t4lYj.gif

NoiseHERO
Oct 21, 2012, 02:10 AM
^ Most accurate Cross burst image ever.

Syklo
Oct 21, 2012, 02:16 AM
If only i could get that as a symbol art

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 02:18 AM

Oh god post of the year

Chik'Tikka
Oct 21, 2012, 02:59 AM
*i'm scared*
(good idea for Halloween symbol art contest though)

+^_^+

Rien
Oct 21, 2012, 03:27 AM
There's also PB gauge gain up/critical up as a PSE during Time Attacks. Pretty interesting.

And yeah, I've gotten PSE bursts off them.

Syklo
Oct 21, 2012, 06:13 AM
There's also PB gauge gain up/critical up as a PSE during Time Attacks. Pretty interesting.

Come to think of it.......how do you tell if you do critical damage?

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 06:15 AM
Ever see slightly larger blue numbers? That's a crit. It's forced to be the max damage in your damage range.

Griffin
Oct 21, 2012, 11:28 AM
If only i could get that as a symbol art

Still looking for someone to pay to do that for me.

Z-0
Oct 21, 2012, 11:42 AM

Also PP Costs Down (The most useful during the TA Quests).

I've actually been making a screenshot collection of bursts I 've gotten in the TA quests; I have so many. x.x

Syklo
Oct 22, 2012, 12:41 AM
Ever see slightly larger blue numbers? That's a crit. It's forced to be the max damage in your damage range.
And is there a way to see this "damage range"?
That's hardly obvious........it should at least come up as yellow or red............or pink even, it's hard to tell if I do crits or not.

Griffin
Oct 22, 2012, 12:46 AM
That's hardly obvious........it should at least come up as yellow or red............or pink even, it's hard to tell if I do crits or not.

It's like a flashy blue with a TV simulator effect to it, and are bigger (number size) than that of the base damage. It's quite noticeable if you pay attention to damage output.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 22, 2012, 12:49 AM
^ grab a rifle and do that PA that shoots like a hundred shots in 2 seconds, you'll see them+^_^+

Syklo
Oct 22, 2012, 01:01 AM
It's like a flashy blue with a TV simulator effect to it, and are bigger (number size) than that of the base damage. It's quite noticeable if you pay attention to damage output.
a BIG IF

gigawuts
Oct 22, 2012, 01:12 AM

It's not like it particularly matters. Crits in this game aren't that important, they're more boosts to your average damage output than awesome strikes like in past PS games. You can deal crit-equivalent damage without even critting, you just randomly hit the peak of your damage range with an ordinary hit.