PDA

View Full Version : Event PSO2 Halloween Costume Contest

Reiketsu
Oct 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
This is the PSO2 Halloween Costume Contest.
You may have noticed there are more Halloween Contests than this one, so, if you haven’t already, please check here for general information about what the heck is going on:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201616

Now for the contest itself!

Task:

It's Halloween, so we want you to dress up your character in a fitting Halloween costume (that you might even wear during the Meet & Greet)!
It doesn't necessarily have to look absolutely horrifying and give us a heart attack, but it should be obvious you want to attend a Halloween party and scare some people!
All screenshots have to be taken in the fashion salon/character creator (more on that in the rules), so you might as well play around with it a bit and give your character weird proportions, different eye color, etc., if you think it might add to the costume. You can also create a completely new character that's just made to give people the creeps!
Oh, and don't forget about equipping units that might add to the costume! Be creative!

The winner will receive 1000AC!
You have until October 31st (midnight PST) to send in your entry.

Rules:

1. You have to take at least three screenshots of your character and they have to be made exactly like this:
[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/Reiketsu-Himizu/pso20121019_013205_000_zps87761899.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/Reiketsu-Himizu/pso20121019_013228_003_zps3b01a6e5.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/Reiketsu-Himizu/pso20121019_013250_005_zpsc02354e5.png[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]
Yes, two full body shots, one from front and one from the back, as well as a close-up of your character's face.
They have to be made in the fashion salon/character creator!
This is to ensure fairness, so no one can strike any cool poses or use backgrounds in hopes it might help him win!
This contest is strictly about the appearance of the character, nothing else!

If units are a vital part of your costume, there might be a problem, because they cannot be seen in the fashion salon.
Therefore, you may add two additional screenshots (again front and back), showing your character with the units equipped.
These screenshots have to be taken in the campship and again, no posing or speech bubble mugshots are allowed!
The unit screenshots should look exactly like this:

[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/Reiketsu-Himizu/pso20121019_013526_007_zps0234f0cb.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/Reiketsu-Himizu/pso20121019_013539_008_zpsbe1bcdfd.png[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]
2. The user interface should be turned off, though it isn't absolutely necessary.

3. No editing is allowed! So no, don't add flesh wounds, vampire bite marks or even pyramid-like hats to your character via photoshop or something similar!

4. You can only take part with one costume. In case that you already sent in an entry, but suddenly get a much better idea for a costume, you can write me a PM.

5. Send your entry screenshots to me via PM, as well. Please put ‘Halloween Costume’ in the Title of the PM.

6. You are free to enter all three contests, however, keep in mind that you can only win ONE! In the rather unlikely scenario that you should be picked as first place in multiple contests, you will only win one of them and your entries for the others will be disqualified!

This should be everything! Ask further questions in this thread!
Good luck to everyone and have fun!

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac202/serafisenba/WIP/EmergencyEventHAlloween.png

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 01:31 PM
What if you want to dress up as a character in the game? Are we able to be standing next to them or something?

Reiketsu
Oct 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
What if you want to dress up as a character in the game? Are we able to be standing next to them or something?

What exactly do you mean by that? O_o Like if you want to dress up as Zeno for example?

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 01:41 PM
What exactly do you mean by that? O_o Like if you want to dress up as Zeno for example?

Yes something like that, would we be able to stand next to them?

Reiketsu
Oct 20, 2012, 01:45 PM
Yes something like that, would we be able to stand next to them?

No, like stated in the rules, all pictures have to be taken in the fashion salon/character creator (or on the campship if you want to use units or weapons)!

Why would you like to stand next to the character you're dressing up as, anyways? O_o

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 01:48 PM
No, like stated in the rules, all pictures have to be taken in the fashion salon/character creator (or on the campship if you want to use units or weapons)!

Why would you like to stand next to the character you're dressing up as, anyways? O_o

To show how much we would look alike. o.o

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 01:51 PM
6. If you decide to take part in this contest, you are not allowed to take part in the other two! If you do send in submissions for every contest, you will be automatically disqualified from ALL of them!

What? And Why?

MissMalice
Oct 20, 2012, 01:54 PM
What? And Why?

Probably to keep people from winning more than one contest at a time... I'm pretty sure that the prize is WebMoney like it was last time.

Reiketsu
Oct 20, 2012, 01:55 PM
To show how much we would look alike. o.o

Well, if you really dress up as an NPC like Zeno, you don't need to stand next to him. I know what he looks like and if in doubt, can always check on the game xD

And on a sidenote: if you really want to dress up as an NPC, you are free to do so, however... be a little more creative than just copying an NPC! If you wanna be Zeno make it a zombie- or possessed version of him xD

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 01:57 PM
Probably to keep people from winning more than one contest at a time... I'm pretty sure that the prize is WebMoney like it was last time.
Then why not say that if you win in one then you can't win in another?

MissMalice
Oct 20, 2012, 01:59 PM

Not my contest, not my rules. :c I'm sorry.

TenebriS
Oct 20, 2012, 02:01 PM

I guess because they will all end in about the same time, and it would complicate things more.

zamoth
Oct 20, 2012, 02:36 PM
For player with units, why not to use the player shop ? (Just an idea for you, I don't realy care). Thanks for organizing all those contests !

Reiketsu
Oct 20, 2012, 03:03 PM
What? And Why?

I've discussed the rules with the others again and changed them.
Please check rule 6 again.
You are now free to enter all three contests, but you can only win one!

For player with units, why not to use the player shop ? (Just an idea for you, I don't realy care). Thanks for organizing all those contests !

Well, I thought about that too, first, but please just use the campship instead and take the screenshots the way they are shown in the example!

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 03:07 PM

Well, I thought about that too, first, but please just use the campship instead and take the screenshots the way they are shown in the example!

Plus the shop thing is small.

Mokyu
Oct 20, 2012, 03:09 PM
My Male Cast is sad :(

Chik'Tikka
Oct 20, 2012, 03:10 PM
Plus the shop thing is small.

shop thing can be re-sized like any Window, just grab a corner and drag it+^_^+

Reiketsu
Oct 20, 2012, 03:13 PM
My Male Cast is sad :(

Why? O_o"

Mokyu
Oct 20, 2012, 04:09 PM
Why? O_o"

He has a hard time getting into a costume T-T

Zorafim
Oct 20, 2012, 05:23 PM
Welp, better start working on my sea demon outfit.

[spoiler-box]
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/Champions%20junk/screenshot_2009-10-21-23-49-06.jpg

It worked in Champions. I'm sure I can get it to work here. Might take a bit more work, though...
[/spoiler-box]

Lostbob117
Oct 20, 2012, 07:17 PM
Does dressing up like a mafia leader person count as a costume?
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/pso20121020_164911_000.png?w=398ab6bf

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 10:24 PM

Ok, I'll see if I can figure out a Symbol Art to enter after I finish my costume contest entry.

How zoomed in the does the face picture need to be? Does it need to be max zoom or will one before max zoom be enough(my char has a big hat)?

TenebriS
Oct 21, 2012, 01:41 AM
Ok, I'll see if I can figure out a Symbol Art to enter after I finish my costume contest entry.

How zoomed in the does the face picture need to be? Does it need to be max zoom or will one before max zoom be enough(my char has a big hat)?

Since the hat will be part of your costume it should be on picture. You will see it on full body view, and face shot is with a focus on face, sure you can zoom out if you think that would show some details about the hat wouldnt be seen other way. But i think full body would cover up it aswell.

Thats just my opinion, reimu makes the rules so wait her answer to be sure^^

BIG OLAF
Oct 21, 2012, 02:26 AM

I'd still go with a bust shot, which is from the chest up (like the one Reimu posted in the OP (http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/Reiketsu-Himizu/pso20121019_013250_005_zpsc02354e5.png)), but making sure that there's a noticeable space between the top edge of the picture and the top of the character's head (or hat/whatever). But, it will be impossible to do that with, say, the super-tall FOmar hat. I'm sure a stipulation can be made for anyone in that situation, however.

Reiketsu
Oct 21, 2012, 06:57 AM

In the example I did a max zoom on the face and also slightly changed the angle, so you can see at least a bit of the eyes ^^;

Like TenebriS said, the important thing here is to show your face!
Your full body picture will already cover the hat. I don't need to see any details on it, because that's something I could always look at myself in-game.
Your face, however, isn't. So try to take the best shot possible.

Crimson Exile
Oct 22, 2012, 03:35 PM
Whats the prize for first?

Rika-chan
Oct 22, 2012, 04:01 PM
1000 AC for this contest and the screenshot contest. Reward for the symbol art contest is a custom forum avatar.
...IIRC :-P

Resanoca
Oct 22, 2012, 05:06 PM
Custom avatar for the symbol art contest? Of course it is. >:

Reiketsu
Oct 23, 2012, 02:36 PM
Just updated the opening post. The winner of this contest will receive 1000AC!

ShadowDragon28
Nov 1, 2012, 06:20 PM
will winners for the contests be announced soon?

Reiketsu
Nov 1, 2012, 07:01 PM
Yes, but it might take a few days!
Can't give an exact date, but I'd say the winners will be announced no later than sundayish!