PDA

View Full Version : Could I get a Verification on if Voices Differ for the Races?

Duplosion
Oct 20, 2012, 08:33 PM
It is definitely a newbie thing to ask, especially as my first post, but the voices certainly do differ from what I see of them in the videos I was watching of female Gunners.

The Human is very teasing and has a laugh to rival any ojou-sama when charging an attack, the Newman seems diligent in a cute girlish way, while the Cast is very quiet and no nonsense. I can certainly appreciate different voices for each Race, I simply didn't want to blindly press ahead in creating the character I'd likely be keeping for quite a while, only to figure out much later down the road that the laughter was indeed not on every race when charging your attack. ^^;

The main reason that I ask is because that while I do certainly enjoy the concept of those Cast hover boots, as well as the slight boost to attack & health from choosing a Cast, I didn't want to miss out on that Human's laughter if she is the only one like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkcbBD8TgjE&list=FLgzujstbvkq0izQz_t4DDXA&feature=mh_lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qld9iNanA8M&list=FLgzujstbvkq0izQz_t4DDXA&feature=mh_lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rPAQRq3KIU&feature=BFa&list=FLgzujstbvkq0izQz_t4DDXA

Chik'Tikka
Oct 20, 2012, 08:36 PM
I've heard several casts laughing including my own (Lisa more then others)+^_^+ also, casts get that voice that sounds like it's coming from an old speaker+^_^+

Vashyron
Oct 20, 2012, 08:44 PM
You choose a voice when you create a character. (There is also some voices you can get from the AC scratches.)

There is no race specific voices except that Casts get the same voices but processed to be "robotic."

Duplosion
Oct 20, 2012, 08:48 PM
I've heard several casts laughing including my own (Lisa more then others)+^_^+ also, casts get that voice that sounds like it's coming from an old speaker+^_^+
Heh, that is definitely very charming and cute, the laughter that Lisa gives off. ^^

You choose a voice when you create a character. (There is also some voices you can get from the AC scratches.)

There is no race specific voices except that Casts get the same voices but processed to be "robotic."
My thanks, Vash. I thought this might be the case, but I haven't been in-game yet to investigate. At the moment, I'm just hunting around for all the info I can, so that after I make my ideal character I can hop straight into the game. As we all know character creation can take hours, heh.

Out of curiosity, is anyone able to tell which voice option the Human Gunner in the first video has?

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 10:19 PM
As we all know character creation can take hours, heh.

What?! I don't think it's ever taken me that long(and the only thing that I'm unhappy with about my character is the hair color).

Zorafim
Oct 20, 2012, 10:33 PM
It took me weeks. And I still got her too skinny.

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 10:34 PM
It took me weeks. And I still got her too skinny.

:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o

Zorafim
Oct 20, 2012, 10:56 PM
The character creator was out for quite a while. What else was I supposed to do?

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 11:02 PM
The character creator was out for quite a while. What else was I supposed to do?
That was in the CC, not the full game though. Correct? I can understand wanting to get it right in the CC, but if you took hours to weeks in the full game............

Chik'Tikka
Oct 20, 2012, 11:04 PM
^ this, i spent weeks on Mary (especially her face) and she is almost perfect, except her super wide hips (which aren't really too wide, just too wide for Mary), they kill me.... but it's hard to tell with Caseals, not having a nude option and the different torsos/legs that change proportions with each one+^_^+ when i have extra AC laying around, i might wear a bikini and get her right in the esthe parlor+^_^+

That was in the CC, not the full game though. Correct? I can understand wanting to get it right in the CC, but if you took hours to weeks in the full game............

the CC Demo had an option to save the .fcp file of your character, and then immediately load it into the full game's CC+^_^+ just a matter of us hitting "Load", selecting our character, picking a voice (which wasn't in CC), and playing+^_^+

Link1275
Oct 20, 2012, 11:13 PM
the CC Demo had an option to save the .fcp file of your character, and then immediately load it into the full game's CC+^_^+ just a matter of us hitting "Load", selecting our character, picking a voice (which wasn't in CC), and playing+^_^+

I know that you can do that. That's why I was saying that he had been doing it in the CC. I actually played around with the CC a little bit too(trying to figure out which character type would give me the best score).