PDA

View Full Version : So about release

Foxkoun
Oct 21, 2012, 07:16 AM
Am I reading sources right that release will be 2013ish? Admittedly that comes like rubbing salt on a sore...and I'll refrain from buying a jp copy because I'd done that once with another game and spent half the time refering to a page translating what I had done/was about to do or what I had fought, picked up, etc.
Not trying to troll as much as getting an idea whether it'll be something to save up for or not.

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 07:23 AM
It's free to play. Many people here haven't spent a single cent to be able to play this game.

There IS a boxed version with numerous goodies, and there's extra features for premium such as trading, your own player shop, and your room access, but to be able to play, buy from players, etc. is free.

Ezodagrom
Oct 21, 2012, 07:25 AM
and I'll refrain from buying a jp copy
The game is free, but yeah, english version is only coming in 2013.

Shirokami
Oct 21, 2012, 12:03 PM
Yesterday we were trying to make a grinding group, and a group of retards (English speakers, btw) Began trolling.
And that's exactly the reason why I want to stay at JP, far from those assholes who'll ruin your exp grinding just because they are damn retards.

Griffin
Oct 21, 2012, 12:11 PM
Yesterday we were trying to make a grinding group, and a group of retards (English speakers, btw) Began trolling.
And that's exactly the reason why I want to stay at JP, far from those assholes who'll ruin your exp grinding just because they are damn retards.

With all due respect, I found this post extremely funny. The only thing keeping us from getting spat on is the language barrier. You'd be surprised on how much shit-talk some Japanese players deliver to us and we don't even know it.

So no, it's not the fact that they are English speakers at all. I don't use the JP servers in trepidation of the US servers. These assholes are closer than you think.

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 12:19 PM

Ever say something in english and then see some JP players say something followed by w's?

Yeah. The only difference is you can't read squiggles.

There may be more english players that go out of their way to fuck your day, but JP players are hardly angels.

freyt
Oct 21, 2012, 12:23 PM
Ever say something in english and then see some JP players say something followed by w's?

There may be more english players that go out of their way to fuck your day, but JP players are hardly angels.

This happened once and they kicked me out of their party. No idea if it was because I was foreign or they didn't want a 3rd party member.

So I just found their party again and joined as a separate party, and then stuck to them for a while. In spite.

But yeah they said stuff with W's at the end. I plugged it into google translate but it didn't seem to say anything bad in particular...

Shirokami
Oct 21, 2012, 12:27 PM
Never was bothered by a japanese, actually I was warmly welcomed into their grind party (Had to go to a different block because there was no one to play at 20) They even attempted to communicate with me! Perhaps I was lucky?

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 12:34 PM
Well, it's a mixed bag really, just like any other culture. They do on average tend to value politeness etc. more than your typical english gamer, but there's still swathes of JP players that will gleefully kick you as soon as you join just because your name looks english, without a word spoken either way. It's the nature of online gaming.

edit: I'd say it's rarer than being kicked for being a class someone doesn't want, which I've only ever had happen in english parties. Honestly I make a point to never join other peoples' parties because of how many people are kick-happy, so that's not an issue for me anymore.

Sebastian & PSO
Oct 21, 2012, 12:41 PM
I feel like such a loser but what the hell, grinding group? As in level grinding? And exactly how were they 'trolling' were they joining the group or saying mean thing or what? I don't understand.

I have found some really nice JP players who went out of their way to help me, even attempting to type in english and re-attempt quests. And then i have found the selfish and rude ones who are forces and don't even revive you when your dead at a boss. I always let them have it lol.

Shirokami
Oct 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Well, it's a mixed bag really, just like any other culture. They do on average tend to value politeness etc. more than your typical english gamer, but there's still swathes of JP players that will gleefully kick you as soon as you join just because your name looks english, without a word spoken either way. It's the nature of online gaming.

edit: I'd say it's rarer than being kicked for being a class someone doesn't want, which I've only ever had happen in english parties. Honestly I make a point to never join other peoples' parties because of how many people are kick-happy, so that's not an issue for me anymore.

Well, I was never kicked for being X class.
Actually I was never kicked...

gigawuts
Oct 21, 2012, 12:53 PM
Yeah, luck of the draw then. I've been kicked from plenty of JP parties as soon as I load the campship, but have also friended a good number of nice JP players who coordinated just fine with the dumb english player (aka me).

eharima
Oct 21, 2012, 01:07 PM
I'm not surprised, I'm forever having to tell people about standard party netiquete
>stay with the group
>don't run ahead
>wait for the group
>follow the designated leader if applicable

Always seems to be the americans tho, never JPs ... funny huh?
Its as if they have this Pokemon master iwannabethebest run ahead TA mentality, splitting the group and messing up spawns making a code destruct appear over the other side of map.

HURRY NA SERVERS PLS

gravityvx
Oct 21, 2012, 01:16 PM
I've lead a few JP MPAs before, and there were a few times that there was that one player who runs around the map spawning everything and causing area to be clear by time we reached it. I have no idea why they do it, but they are there for sure.

freyt
Oct 21, 2012, 01:35 PM

Maybe, I was a techer/force, and they were both physical classes.

Spellbinder
Oct 21, 2012, 06:45 PM
They do on average tend to value politeness etc. more than your typical english gamer, but there's still swathes of JP players that will gleefully kick you as soon as you join just because your name looks english, without a word spoken either way.

I find this fairly unlikely since the use of the Roman alphabet is considered "cool" here.

Raymee
Oct 21, 2012, 07:04 PM
I've noticed that at Vardha EMs:

Americans don't destroy the front laser cannons
And Japanese people do because they know they'd get a better reward for destroying everything

Seraphus
Oct 21, 2012, 07:24 PM
ITT: Huge amount of stereotyping.

Link1275
Oct 21, 2012, 07:55 PM

And Japanese people do because they know they'd get a better reward for destroying everything

I destroy them, not sure why most Americans don't want to break everything to be honest.

Griffin
Oct 21, 2012, 08:00 PM

Lol Americans are dumbasses.

...wait.

gravityvx
Oct 21, 2012, 08:13 PM
Breaking things only leave broken dreams of having something actually drop. No seriously though, break stuff.

Raymee
Oct 21, 2012, 08:17 PM
Rip America.

Zyrusticae
Oct 21, 2012, 08:37 PM
I've never had problems with JP players.

But then, I never join JP parties because I'm absolutely terrified of fucking up because of my piss-poor Japanese (ironically, considering it's the best way to get some real practice in). I even have a hard time joining passworded MPs because of this. Social anxiety ftw?

Renvalt
Oct 22, 2012, 12:34 AM

I had noticed that they could be destroyed, but I didn't know how to do so optimally, or that it was actually worth it to break the cannons too (mostly because I don't notice these things - I'm too busy worrying about Vardha being able to 2-shot me even on Normal if FPS slowdown has its way with me).

That being said, using the Double Saber, what would be the best way to go about killing the laser cannons, assuming one can do so without getting their ass kicked?

Chik'Tikka
Oct 22, 2012, 12:38 AM
i saw a player hop on the side, with the 2 little machine gun turrets, and use a sword to kill them, finished his 2 right after i finished mine+^_^+ i always kill the lasers, after that 1st fight when Vardha was new, i got sucked up and spit out then killed by those things, i aint ever going on deck unless those lasers are gone+^_^+ also, at stereotype people, I've never been in an "American" party that didn't try killing the lasers after a week of free mines release+^_^+

Griffin
Oct 22, 2012, 12:49 AM
I be sure to spam "Destroy ALL the things!" during a Vardha run.

Zyrusticae
Oct 22, 2012, 01:02 AM
That being said, using the Double Saber, what would be the best way to go about killing the laser cannons, assuming one can do so without getting their ass kicked?
Don't use double sabers.

Use a gunslash in shoot mode. Going into melee range on those things is impossible.

Keii
Oct 22, 2012, 01:03 AM

I didn't know that using "lol" meant that you're trash talking/behaving like an idiot etc. I can read "squiggles" and after 400+ hours in PSO2 have yet to see Japanese players behaving that way.

gigawuts
Oct 22, 2012, 01:07 AM
I find this fairly unlikely since the use of the Roman alphabet is considered "cool" here.

Never helped me.

I didn't know that using "lol" meant that you're trash talking/behaving like an idiot etc. I can read "squiggles" and after 400+ hours in PSO2 have yet to see Japanese players behaving that way.

Yes because popping text into google translate to find insults, after copying that text from your chatlogs because you're curious what the JP players said before they kicked you from the party surely means the w's are harmless lols.

Wow, a whole 400 hours? I guess you've seen literally everything.

edit: What is it with people on this forum and questioning fairly plain statements like this? JP players are not all angels. Some of them dislike the foreign invaders that don't speak their language. Some of those people that dislike the foreigners kick them on sight. This is so likely on its own that it should be expected in every language and culture - some people are assholes. Why this is even in doubt is way beyond me. Why people are saying they doubt that it actually happened when a person is saying it has? Way, way beyond me.

Keii
Oct 22, 2012, 01:10 AM
Never helped me.

Yes because popping text into google translate to find insults, after copying that text from your chatlogs because you're curious what the JP players said before they kicked you from the party surely means the w's are harmless lols.

Wow, a whole 400 hours? I guess you've seen literally everything.
"w" means lol, that's about it. It's all in the context it's used, but just seeing it and thinking you've been trash talk is, well, not true.

edit: What is it with people on this forum and questioning fairly plain statements like this? JP players are not all angels. Some of them dislike the foreign invaders that don't speak their language. Some of those people that dislike the foreigners kick them on sight. This is so likely on its own that it should be expected in every language and culture - some people are assholes. Why this is even in doubt is way beyond me. Why people are saying they doubt that it actually happened when a person is saying it has? Way, way beyond me.
I'm questioning the statement that "w = being trash talked", which is simply not true and sharing my own experience in which Japanese players were behaving way better than the English speaking players, that's all.

gigawuts
Oct 22, 2012, 01:22 AM
I'm aware of what w means. I never said w=trash talk, I said if you find yourself saying something in english and the chat lights up with squiggles and strings of w's you're probably being insulted. In fact, I didn't even say that - I barely even suggested it. Which was exactly what I meant to do, because without fail if anyone ever says anything remotely negative about JP players here someone gets all up in arms over it, then takes the stance that if you don't like JP players that you shouldn't play this game. Because thinking that JP players are not all saints means you automatically hate an entire culture, right guys? Right?

If you went on to even finish the post you're talking about, you might have noticed where I said english players can suck but JP players can also suck.

hope breaker
Oct 22, 2012, 01:46 AM
soo true i can't join a party they kick me out maybe i should put my name in japanese..
but is kinda the same whit the other U.S cougt cougt if they hear me talking spanish bye bye .
the best way is to lock the game for friends only .

Kanade
Oct 22, 2012, 04:37 AM
Maybe, I was a techer/force, and they were both physical classes.

Maybe they were doing a hunter only client order

SEVENDUST
Oct 22, 2012, 05:15 AM
How can anyone play this if its all in Japanese text?

supersonix9
Oct 22, 2012, 05:18 AM
Whoa, arguments! Cool!

Spellbinder
Oct 22, 2012, 05:18 AM

I can only help but guess my comment is included in this in some form.

But I will agree with one thing you said here.

in every language and culture - some people are assholes.

I know Japanese players with names that use roman characters instead of hiragana, katakana, or kanji, and none of them have ever complained about being immediately kicked out of a party on the basis of what their name was. If your being immediately kicked the moment you stepped in was in fact because your name used roman characters, I'm sure a regular Japanese player would find that to be just as ignorant as you do.

I can't comment on the whole Japanese players laughing thing because I don't know what was said, and I'm not in a position to experience that kind of problem.

gigawuts
Oct 22, 2012, 05:35 AM
It first happened to me during the pre open beta test, in like my third game. I was also insulted in that instance, with a mixed bag of japanese and broken engrish. After that I became wary of it, and have indeed definitely had success in joining several JP parties (including boss rush parties during an emission, where coordination is generally valued I guess). But still, every so often when I dare to join a party, I'm met with a boot straight off the bat without a word spoken or even loading the MPA itself. One time I didn't even have time to get from the quest terminal to the campship.

Maybe it's nothing to do with the language, but they forgot to put up a password or a friend DCed etc.

This is also part of why I keep my distance from passworded MPA's. They tend to be firm on their 3 party rule, and it's a whole chunk of effort I'd rather not exert to get into passworded MPA's and be booted right off the bat for reasons I'm not even informed of.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd get it if I actually did something potentiall wrong. Maybe I'm a bad PSO2 player and they don't want me in their party. But, no, I don't even have time to get into the level most times I'm dropped right away.

edit: Honestly I expected other people here to be familiar with this, maybe I'm in the minority with my bad MPAing experience? Could be luck of the draw, I guess I could keep at it and see if I've just been unlucking out. Seems to happen in a lot of things I do in PSO2, ha ha ha. I'm sure it'll balance out eventually.

eharima
Oct 22, 2012, 05:46 AM
Gigawuts, between this and dodo, man, are you this unlucky in everything else you do?

gigawuts
Oct 22, 2012, 05:47 AM
Oh, no, only most things.

Some things I have ungodly luck in though.

The cosmos man, it works in downright bizarre ways.

eharima
Oct 22, 2012, 05:56 AM
Never a truer word spoken.
Hope your luck picks up (or at least levels out abit) wwww

^^

jtenma
Oct 22, 2012, 06:44 AM
Just came here to say, you 're not the only one, Giga.

And all of the hard heads that don't want to listen actually know this.

The reason why it seems like it is only you because the people who "have Japanese friends" or "are skilled in the art of Japanese language" are louder than those who DO get kicked or mistreated.

We are here, but it is pointless to argue with someone who can clearly see no wrong in cultures they like/make their favorite anime....

The difference between western trolls and eastern trolls is that the former are trolls to EVERYONE where as the later tend to only be trolls to other people. (see: not japanese)

Like someone said before, this is not ALWAYS the case. There are people in Japan who like western culture and are fascinated by it.

oh, and to the people who always come in these threads just to say "oh look another argument", just don't come in this thread if you don't like it. People obviously want to discuss this. We are not going to stop because you think you are better than everyone else by not being argumentative. All you are doing is bumping the thread anyway....

Spellbinder
Oct 22, 2012, 08:16 AM
The reason why it seems like it is only you because the people who "have Japanese friends" or "are skilled in the art of Japanese language" are louder than those who DO get kicked or mistreated.

We are here, but it is pointless to argue with someone who can clearly see no wrong in cultures they like/make their favorite anime....

Is there really such a need to be so overgeneralizing bordering on insulting?

jtenma
Oct 22, 2012, 08:21 AM
Is there really such a need to be so overgeneralizing bordering on insulting?

Was my post referring to you? Yes or no.

Spellbinder
Oct 22, 2012, 08:26 AM
Was my post referring to you? Yes or no.

Referring to me? No

Was the tone of the post somewhat rude? Yes or no.

eharima
Oct 22, 2012, 08:28 AM
Gaijins can't game.

(See; ぐるぐる①②③12人 vs random 12p block 20 central time probably with at least 3npc w)

Headless chickens much?

Miraclearrow
Oct 22, 2012, 09:48 AM
LOL Gaijin. Any of the JP players I've played with have been super nice. Who cares anyways... I prefer to speak to people I can understand. Ignorance is bliss.

jtenma
Oct 22, 2012, 10:32 AM
Referring to me? No

Was the tone of the post somewhat rude? Yes or no.

yes. Was meant for a particular person. Does not concern you, actually.

Griffin
Oct 22, 2012, 10:57 AM
yes. Was meant for a particular person. Does not concern you, actually.

Lol maybe you were never taught that being a dick doesnt necessarily has to direct at everyone to be found unlikeable.

This thread wasn't that bad until you typed something.

jtenma
Oct 22, 2012, 11:34 AM
Lol maybe you were never taught that being a dick doesnt necessarily has to direct at everyone to be found unlikeable.

This thread wasn't that bad until you typed something.

I'm sorry.

Moving on.....

<.<

I'll just say my "insulting" line again.

People who see no wrong in the cultures they like.

That's how I feel about this; Japanese are "angels". But everyone else...? PFFFt.

I love being the big bad wolf! Rolls eyes*

lol whatever. *gets kicked from party before getting in again. sigh**

Griffin
Oct 22, 2012, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry.

Moving on.....

Get back here! I want your rebuttal!

Zyrusticae
Oct 22, 2012, 12:27 PM
Seriously, I've never had the problems you guys are talking about. Then again, I never actually join a party itself, only multiparties. I don't see any point in joining a party if you can't actually speak Japanese anyway - what's the point? If you just join the multiparty you can still play with the added benefit of not being able to be kicked by some randomly belligerent yahoo.

Side note, I've found that players in PSO2 are generally pretty nice, both EN and JP. I think the fact that it's all cooperative helps that. I get the same thing in Guild Wars 2 - surprisingly relaxed atmosphere, not too many dickheads to deal with. Refreshing change of pace from all the bullshit I get to deal with in, say, League of Legends (hogawd!).

Crysteon
Oct 22, 2012, 12:39 PM
Aaaaaand...that's why I dont join randoms and stick to Team-only parties or just solo the shit out of the game.

But honestly, I havent crossed any japanese dickhead so far...some of them are pretty well organized and competent players. It's not like all of them are good players...some of them are just terrible. Gaijns are not any better than them in any possible way, which is sad, lol.

Konflyk
Oct 22, 2012, 06:30 PM
Not going on block 10
Not joining as another party
Not locking your own room
Not sticking with the group and keeping your mouth shut with the exceptions to say "thanks" and "I'm dead plz help"

Foxkoun
Oct 23, 2012, 05:56 AM
Never was bothered by a japanese, actually I was warmly welcomed into their grind party (Had to go to a different block because there was no one to play at 20) They even attempted to communicate with me! Perhaps I was lucky?

I played ff11, plenty of that. Regardless of nationality, there are always good people, and absolute assholes. It's just how life is now.
I enjoy a good game with good sportsman, the trolls are doing nobody any favors and would just as easily amuse themselves by picking a fight with a landmine.