PDA

View Full Version : Gameguard errors

Gladiat
Oct 22, 2012, 12:20 AM
I haven't played PSO2 in a while so I was wondering about the gameguard issues from the August update. Is it affecting a small minority or a large portion of players? Also, if something happens will it end up messing up my computer permanently?

Chik'Tikka
Oct 22, 2012, 12:29 AM
Nothing GameGuard ever did did any permanent damage, a simple reboot fixed any issues, and the issues wouldn't recur unless PSO2 (and thus GG) was started again+^_^+ anyway, while some are still having issues (like getting FRAPS to work, etc.), it seems the majority of players can play just fine now+^_^+ so hop on!! you got another level cap and a ton of content to catch up on!!!+^_^+

.Jack
Oct 22, 2012, 12:40 AM
Having Firefox freezing up has been the only nuisance that GG has ever given me. That seemed to have been fixed a couple of updates ago.

Right now everything is fine for me and most of my friends. You can create a system restore point and restore it back to the way it was before if you think something has been messed up.

Gladiat
Oct 22, 2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks a ton you two! Guess I'll get on sometime soon.

Oh, forgot to ask, does gameguard still blue screen or make Windows think it's not a genuine copy anymore or are those bugs fixed?