PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Hud effects & popups

Syklo
Oct 22, 2012, 06:43 AM
Can someone please explain or link to a guide explaining what the random hud effects mean?

By that, I mean things like the random Bar Graph with some colors, a similar popup but with a core in the center and similarly colored dots closing in on it...and the weird 'distortion ring' that occurs on-screen, usually of the darker color scheme.

gigawuts
Oct 22, 2012, 07:02 AM
This should help you out a bit: http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/?cmd=read&page=PSE&word=PSE

I tried putting it in google translate but it kept erroring out, the auto-translate in google chrome is working fine though.

Syklo
Oct 23, 2012, 01:23 AM
This should help you out a bit: http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/?cmd=read&page=PSE&word=PSE

I tried putting it in google translate but it kept erroring out, the auto-translate in google chrome is working fine though.
Ok so that helps out with the radars...

But what about the screen distortion effect that's associated with some 'noise'?
And about the radars, do they indicate that a PSE related to it is ABOUT to occur? Or does it actually initiate a temporary pse-like effect related to it and if so, how long?

Ogni-XR21
Oct 23, 2012, 05:37 PM
I guess the effects with noise are the boss "indicators". If I got this right they indicate that somewhere on the map there is a boss spawn possible.

I always thought the red-black one was for ragne, but I'm not sure about that any more. The vol one has a kind of fire effect... some more insight on this would be nice since I'm rather guessing.

gigawuts
Oct 23, 2012, 05:50 PM
Some are bosses, some seem to be code avoids and destructions, etc.

blace
Oct 23, 2012, 06:09 PM
I always found the red-black effect related to possible bosses spawning on the map. Normally see the effect in caves and desert where Ragne or the Vol Dragon show up and seldom for Banshee and Banther in forest.

Ezodagrom
Oct 23, 2012, 07:45 PM
I always found the red-black effect related to possible bosses spawning on the map. Normally see the effect in caves and desert where Ragne or the Vol Dragon show up and seldom for Banshee and Banther in forest.
The red and black one seems to be about darker related emergency codes, like code destruction, avoid, rescue, ...

blace
Oct 23, 2012, 08:30 PM
The red and black one seems to be about darker related emergency codes, like code destruction, avoid, rescue, ...

When it shows with the distorted noise yes, but there are times when you hear a roar when the effect happens and you'll normally run into the boss associated with the area.

Kondibon
Oct 23, 2012, 08:51 PM
When it shows with the distorted noise yes, but there are times when you hear a roar when the effect happens and you'll normally run into the boss associated with the area.

The one for Vol dragon has red/orage fire. There's also a white one with a roar that usually means it's a boss like rockbear, or caterdran. You can usually tell by the sound they make. There's also a rainbow one that might have something to do with the crystal protection code but I'm not sure.

EDIT: But yeah, the red/black one has to do with darkers. However Ragne doesn't have one. You'll hear her roar but it won't show lines.

Syklo
Oct 23, 2012, 10:53 PM
So all this time I've been missing out on boss spawns.......

dangit

darkprophecies
May 1, 2014, 10:35 PM
ok so let me clarify. the distortion effects at the side = boss. what about the bar and core? what are the specific difference in pse?

Sizustar
May 1, 2014, 10:40 PM
ok so let me clarify. the distortion effects at the side = boss. what about the bar and core? what are the specific difference in pse?

http://i48.tinypic.com/x4ixzl.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/or4j04.jpg

Punisher106
May 1, 2014, 10:51 PM
The "sensations" that you call screen distortions are known as Omens. Usually, hearing heavy wind blowing usually means some sort of miniboss is coming. A red one with a deep buzz and a thumping heart means something like Gel Wulffs, Funji, or Baize. The more lisghtning-ish buzzes with a faster heartbeat are usually visbolts, darchymes, etc. There's ANOTHER zapping red sensation. At the end of it, you'll hear a similar noise to Gilnachs healing. THIS IS A CLONE OMEN. This means that there's a Clone E-trial in the map, somewhere. A crystal-like whoosh with a white distortion is Crystal protection E-trials, etc.

Also, Sizu, there's those heartbeat monitors that are seen in TA's.