PDA

View Full Version : New Video of Ruins & Destroyer of History Update Info

EvilMag
Oct 26, 2012, 01:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJkcxTyrLjA&feature=g-u-u

Pretty cool!

Also shows off the Photon Drop and EXCUBE shops.

Mod EDIT:
Using this topic for info on the upcoming "Destroyer of History" update (http://pso2.jp/players/update/20121107/).

Ruins

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=31991
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=31990

The Ruins are found past the frozen area on Navelius. Even though Navelius isn't supposed to have any traces of culture, there are several abandoned relics in the Ruins area. The Ruins will be available from level 25 and the completion of prerequiste client order (of course).

New Monsters

Crabarda
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=31988

Cycloneda
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=31993

Cyclonada
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=31989

Zeshreida
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=31994

EXCubes and Photon Exchange

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=31995
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=31997
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2415&pictureid=31996

The EXcube and Photon Drop exchanges will be opened in the old Item Labratory stall in the shopping area. After you've capped at level 50, you'll receive EXcubes when you've gotten a level's worth of experience. You can then take these EXcubes to the exchange shop in the shopping area to exchange them for a variety of things. A fair number are listed in this news post (http://www.pso-world.com/news/02478-pso2-jp-excube-system-photon-drop-exchange-shop-and-ruins-november-7th). It also lists the things you can get with photon drops too.

cheapgunner
Oct 26, 2012, 01:22 AM
The new enemies look very wicked. The boss is some sort of Starfish=Dragon-Turtle-Humaniod beast. Best part though is the fact exp boosting items and such are now more obtainable.

goldwing
Oct 26, 2012, 01:56 AM
Im looking forward to this. Im hopeing for bloody arts XD

Konflyk
Oct 26, 2012, 02:05 AM
Bet you they dick move all the low level players and lock this out exclusive to VH level players only until next update, just like they did with H only Mines, Islands, Tundra.

Mike
Oct 26, 2012, 02:23 AM
Bet you they dick move all the low level players and lock this out exclusive to VH level players only until next update, just like they did with H only Mines, Islands, Tundra.

Ruins can be done from level 25 which means the CO to unlock it should be doable at about the same level.

jooozek
Oct 26, 2012, 02:29 AM
Lv. 49 to 50 is 9 million exp, is that what one cube is worth?

"1 PB Device / Helix P for 10 EXcubes"

Guys, don't die while trying to get one of those! Health before grind!

Mike
Oct 26, 2012, 02:32 AM
Lv. 49 to 50 is 9 million exp, is that what one cube is worth?

"1 PB Device / Helix P for 10 EXcubes"

Guys, don't die while trying to get one of those! Health before grind!

You get multiple cubes. Sega doesn't say how many exactly but they do say you do get more than one.

jooozek
Oct 26, 2012, 02:38 AM
Then that might be indeed not too bad, hoping for the best, bracing for the worst.

Tomeeboy
Oct 26, 2012, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the info EvilMag and Mike! Put it on the front page:

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02479-new-video-teaser-site-pso2-jp-november-7th-update-destroyer-history

Going to direct people here for further updates, in case there is more useful info translated from the video and new teaser site.

gigawuts
Oct 26, 2012, 04:03 AM
+250% rare droprate? PB devices? Vastly superior affix and grind bonus devices?

Units with lucky rise?

Good content that doesn't cost cash?

Angelo
Oct 26, 2012, 04:11 AM
A levels worth of experience post-50?

Oh, Sega.

Crystal_Shard
Oct 26, 2012, 05:53 AM
In before predictions of fast sales at the Exp Boost 100% ticket counters...

I see some interesting rear units in the posted pictures. In any case, I can just imagine reaching the threshold of 50 and suddenly getting the announcement of... a level cap increase!

:3

darkante
Oct 26, 2012, 06:14 AM
I like the idea, but not something i prioritize over leveling my favorite classes whenever that happens.

NoiseHERO
Oct 26, 2012, 07:12 AM
Doesn't sound...

All that interesting. Usual invest Hours and hours and endless hours of unfun (emphasis on the unfun) work to get a few overpowered items. But it'll just be something I won't pay attention to, as long as they don't put 2334234 interesting non-shitty clothing on it. Then I'd assume SEGA hates their costumers. D:

My extra disappoint when ruins looks x234234234234 better at night, but it probably only turns night 30 seconds a day.

Galax
Oct 26, 2012, 07:26 AM
^Yeah, see, when I read RUINS, I didn't expect a brighter version of Oblivion City Paru in the way it's all foresty and green and ... almost happy :/ I expected more DOOM AND GLOOM THIS IS THE HOME OF FALZ RAAAAAARGH.

eharima
Oct 26, 2012, 07:28 AM
+250% rare droprate? PB devices? Vastly superior affix and grind bonus devices?

Units with lucky rise?

Good content that doesn't cost cash?

excube points cost more than what your life is worth in grind.

I'd rather pay AC for those item.....

whats the plan then, level 50 untill mid-next year?

Start buying up PD's so we at least double in price, ive got alot invested in this =.=;;

Ezodagrom
Oct 26, 2012, 07:46 AM
^Yeah, see, when I read RUINS, I didn't expect a brighter version of Oblivion City Paru in the way it's all foresty and green and ... almost happy :/ I expected more DOOM AND GLOOM THIS IS THE HOME OF FALZ RAAAAAARGH.
Check this video at around 2:00, most likely the area shown there will be released in the winter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BAYKvH58xU

Papilio machaon
Oct 26, 2012, 07:50 AM
Im just glad this game finally has a giant enemy crab.

We can attack its weak point for massive damage.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 26, 2012, 08:03 AM

*Slow clap*

Galax
Oct 26, 2012, 08:10 AM
Check this video at around 2:00, most likely the area shown there will be released in the winter:

?TGS2012?Phantasy Star Online2??TO THE NEXT STAGE?PV - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BAYKvH58xU)

Holy....Freeze it at 2:05. Start at 2:00 and pause at 2:05. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT IN THE BACKGROUND?

Enforcer MKV
Oct 26, 2012, 08:17 AM
Holy....Freeze it at 2:05. Start at 2:00 and pause at 2:05. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT IN THE BACKGROUND?

It's either background scenery or scenery from the zone itself.

I don't think it's much more than that. What I want to know is what the hell is floating in the skybox?

gigawuts
Oct 26, 2012, 08:18 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm interested in. It looks like the underside of some kind of floating city, possibly an arks ship? Some other ancient race's ship? It's certainly not got the colors of the rest of the environment.

And yeah...needing to do ten level 51 grinds to change your mag's PB...I thought there would be more than 1 per level. That's pretty bad. They really are just going to go with the method of massive chores to get people to pay, aren't they? I want to say it beats everyone wearing obnoxious pink parachute pants, but I'm not sure it actually does...

Maronji
Oct 26, 2012, 08:33 AM
And yeah...needing to do ten level 51 grinds to change your mag's PB...I thought there would be more than 1 per level. That's pretty bad.

You get multiple cubes. Sega doesn't say how many exactly but they do say you do get more than one.

I'm sorry. Run that by me again?

Also, do want that zone.

NoiseHERO
Oct 26, 2012, 08:48 AM

It's probably the remains of pioneer 1 and 2 turns into a darker incubation/nest/breeding ground/dark falz tentacle city where he makes this game's 234234234 lolis his play thing.

Plot twist. This game's plot is actually the Loli race vs Pedobear, which is why 7X% of this game's population is of loli characters, and dark falz is the pedo bear's new tentacle monster invention and we have to kill all the monsters before they grow tentacles.

Zeota
Oct 26, 2012, 09:56 AM
Hmmm interesting!

eharima
Oct 26, 2012, 09:59 AM
[spolier-box]
?TGS2012?Phantasy Star Online2??TO THE NEXT STAGE?PV - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BAYKvH58xU)[/spoiler-box]

if you compare the upper scenery at 2 min, to the actual first scene at 5 seconds,
my bet is that at 2min that will be the new emergency stage,
looks like that is where that boss hangs out in the what seems to be wreakage in the atmosphere of previous colonies ships, Pioneer2?

so the new stage will be the planet, (which is seen traveling to)
and the new emergency stage will take place on the ship wreakage.

OR EDIT, that is the final fallz area that we havent seen yet? end boss business for chapter 1??

OH GOD THAT MUSIC PLEASE PLAY ALL THE TIME

Rien
Oct 26, 2012, 10:14 AM

And the boss is a Starfish

Where's our sponge

Ezodagrom
Oct 26, 2012, 10:27 AM
if you compare the upper scenery at 2 min, to the actual first scene at 5 seconds,
my bet is that at 2min that will be the new emergency stage,
looks like that is where that boss hangs out in the what seems to be wreakage in the atmosphere of previous colonies ships, Pioneer2?

so the new stage will be the planet, (which is seen traveling to)
and the new emergency stage will take place on the ship wreakage.

OR EDIT, that is the final fallz area that we havent seen yet? end boss business for chapter 1??

OH GOD THAT MUSIC PLEASE PLAY ALL THE TIME
The music is most likely for the humanoid boss that is shown in the TGS "to the next stage" video, Falz Hunar.

Saffran
Oct 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
Damn, and I just unlocked the level cap yesterday, to boot... I really don't want to start back from scratch...

Crysteon
Oct 26, 2012, 11:10 AM
I can see them putting some ridiculous exchange rate to get a pack of 10 EXcubes...like 10mil exp = 10 Excubes pack...yeah, that seems fair enough, lol.

Also...dat debugging output text at 2:01! x:

gigawuts
Oct 26, 2012, 11:14 AM
I can see them putting some ridiculous exchange rate to get a pack of 10 EXcubes...like 10mil exp = 10 Excubes pack...yeah, that seems fair enough, lol.

Also...dat debugging output text at 2:01! x:

Actually, one level = one excube...a million experience per cube is extremely low.

Crysteon
Oct 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
Actually, one level = one excube...a million experience is extremely low.

Iirc, Ricardo's blog (bumped) mentions that after leveling up you will receive a certain amount of Excubes. And video shows a character holding 10 cubes after "leveling up". That's why I came to that conclusion that 10mil exp might give you a pack of cubes....of course, it can always be more to make the shit more grindy.

Arika
Oct 26, 2012, 11:19 AM
I think it is going to be 2 mil per Xcube. from the look.

gigawuts
Oct 26, 2012, 11:19 AM
Oh! Great then. I missed that. Was that changed or did I just skim past it? Derp, sorry.

Crysteon
Oct 26, 2012, 11:24 AM
Quoting Ricardo's blog:

"The Excube system allows one to acquire EXP even if they are at the level cap. When you acquire EXP equivalent to one class level, you receive several EXCubes. You can acquire them over and over and save them up each time you gain a level. You must clear all level cap unlocking client orders to acquire EXCubes."

Also...have any of you seen a Lv50 so far? I have this feeling that Excube stuff should have better been released until December (seriously...I'm barely 46 in a single class atm, lol)

Zorafim
Oct 26, 2012, 12:08 PM
Ruins looks neat. The enemies look like fun, too. This game continues to impress with enemy designs.

I don't think I'll ever have to worry about these cap crystals. I'm having a tough enough time keeping up in levels through the six classes (my lowest is 25 yay!). To be EXP capped long enough to be rewarded for it? I don't think it's going to happen.
Though, at least it gives me an excuse to catch up on content even when I'm capped. Being capped on 3 classes before I finished mines was kind of annoying.

You made an account just to post this. Was it worth it?

Plot twist. This game's plot is actually the Loli race vs Pedobear, which is why 7X% of this game's population is of loli characters, and dark falz is the pedo bear's new tentacle monster invention and we have to kill all the monsters before they grow tentacles.

You know... I think this is one fight I'm alright losing.

Damn, and I just unlocked the level cap yesterday, to boot... I really don't want to start back from scratch...

Doesn't matter. You only get these at lv50.

Griffin
Oct 26, 2012, 12:15 PM
Those new enemies look like they'll rape.

Link1275
Oct 26, 2012, 02:08 PM
It's probably the remains of pioneer 1 and 2 turns into a darker incubation/nest/breeding ground/dark falz tentacle city where he makes this game's 234234234 lolis his play thing.

Please read the end of PSO Ep III.

Gama
Oct 26, 2012, 04:46 PM
i really like the new slideshow's in the main page :3

NoiseHERO
Oct 26, 2012, 05:35 PM
Please read the end of PSO Ep III.

Non-canon

Z-0
Oct 26, 2012, 06:05 PM
Non-canon
...Episode 3 is canon. While it may be seen as a "side-game", the story definitely still stands.

Also PSO2 pretty much has nothing to do with PSO, from the looks of it (I could possible be wrong though, as "Arkz" were the Darkside in Episode 3).

gigawuts
Oct 26, 2012, 06:09 PM
PSO2 is meant to take place some time after PSO1, I think official numbers place it at a couple hundred years.

For most intents and purposes it's merely in the same universe, but that's it. Most lore doesn't seem directly linked so they can be more open with their stuff (characters aren't mentioned aside from cameos as char names in trailers, etc.), and to keep it simpler for new players, and any tech differences can be handwaved however which way they want.

The big point is arkz, but you could easily say they gained new leadership and turned over a new leaf.

Handwavium.

BIG OLAF
Oct 26, 2012, 06:30 PM
"Arkz" does not equal "ARKS". That is all.

NoiseHERO
Oct 26, 2012, 06:31 PM
I meant that it was non-canon to my awesome better story.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 26, 2012, 07:21 PM
Jeez, every update the game gets some awesome stuff, and some really nice improvements, but people just complain and overly nitpick everything or make up contrived bullcrap to whine about, like whining about "loli's" and what-not. FFS if the ex-cube earning, having daylight in ruins, or having client orders to do inconvieniences you so much then quit, just quit. Go play something else.

NoiseHERO
Oct 26, 2012, 07:26 PM
Jeez, every update the game gets some awesome stuff, and some really nice improvements, but people just complain and overly nitpick everything or make up contrived bullcrap to whine about, like whining about "loli's" and what-not. FFS if the ex-cube earning, having daylight in ruins, or having client orders to do inconvieniences you so much then quit, just quit. Go play something else.

And then you come in and whine about the people whining, different people like/dislike different things. Just because there's some new content, doesn't mean it's automatically fun and it doesn't mean it's going to rub everyone the right way.

"FFS"

Hell in the last update where they nerfed how much money we get, along side other badnews. A bro's entire JP team on another ship fell apart. >_>

gigawuts
Oct 26, 2012, 07:33 PM
That's the spirit! Don't like it? Fuck off! No improvements or opinions allowed.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 26, 2012, 07:45 PM
The meseta earning nerf was unfortunate, the cheaper prices in the shop help alleviate things a little. Yes it is agrevating that it take a ridiculous amount of time to earn meseta for those of us that don't have a player shop.

But I don't see the point in whining abour trivial things like daylight in Ruins, players with "loli" characters, or earning ex-cubes predicting the worst case scenarios. Not saying no one should be disappointed with things that actually make rational sense to be disappointed about. It's like even when Sakai does something that is pretty *good* IMO, there are those that still twist it into a negative and gripe about it. I only "complain about the complaining" because some people here seem to do nothing but post negative comments/reactions to every damn content update and almost never see or say anything postive about the new content. It's like even when Sakai does something good, it's never "good enough".

Come on, if your not enjoying the game, and if soooo many things are troubling you or are inconveniencing about the game. Go play something else. Repeating that same crap about "too many Loli's" is not constructive criticism IMO.
Sure there are some aspects to the game open to *rational* critique, and there are some
less-than-desirable in a *subjective* sense to comment on. But it's tiring to read the same kind of blanket whining over and over again. Well reasoned, educated opinions are fine, constructive suggestions to translate into japanese to send to Sakai & team is even better. Suggesting reasonable improvement is great. But I see very few doing that.

Rock Eastwood, Do you ever have anything positive to say about new content, ever?
FYI, I have the right to "complain" about the overly negative whining when it's not going to directly change anything in the game. I highly doubt Sakai is reading everyone's posts here.

I never said or implied people can't express reasonable opinions or suggest improvements.

NoiseHERO
Oct 26, 2012, 08:28 PM
The meseta earning nerf was unfortunate, the cheaper prices in the shop help alleviate things a little. Yes it is agrevating that it take a ridiculous amount of time to earn meseta for those of us that don't have a player shop.

But I don't see the point in whining abour trivial things like daylight in Ruins, players with "loli" characters, or earning ex-cubes predicting the worst case scenarios. Not saying no one should be disappointed with things that actually make rational sense to be disappointed about. It's like even when Sakai does something that is pretty great IMO, there are those that still twist it into a negative and gripe about it. I only "complain about the complaining" because some people here seem to do nothing but post negative comments/reactions to every damn content update and almost never see or say anything postive about the new content. It's like even when Sakai does something good, it's never "good enough".

Come on, if your not enjoying the game, and if soooo many things are troubling you about the game. Go play something else. Repeating that same crap about "too many Loli's" is not constructive criticism. Sure there are some aspects to the game to *rational* critique and there are some less-than-desirable in a *subjective* sense to comment on. But it's tiring to read the same kind of blanket whining over and over again. Well reasoned, educated opinions are fine, constructive suggestions to translate into japanese to send to Sakai & team is even better. Suggest reasonable improvement is great. But I see very few doing that.

Rock Eastwood, Do you ever have anything positive to say about new content, ever?
FYI, I have the right to "complain" about the overly negative whining when it's not going to directly change anything in the game. I highly doubt Sakai is reading everyone's posts here.

I never said or implied people can't express reasonable opinions or suggest improvements.

I'm pretty sure you're only paying attention to me when I'm saying something negative, then. Especially because the loli-thing was a joke that clearly flew over your head. No one is expecting game developers to read these forums and listen to our "irrational" complaints. We're just sharing our thoughts on it and in conjunction with the current state of the game.

I'm sure you whining about whiners isn't any more of a constructive and educated opinion worth discussing either. More along the lines of you failing to prove some point in the most ironic way possible. You're overreacting more than you're saying we are.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 26, 2012, 10:23 PM
Without any indicators of what is meant as sarcasm or a joke, it's not clear to me when something is meant as a joke/sarcasm.

I would not "complain" if I saw the person's being IMO, a bit too nit-picky, include positive comments along with their nitpicks.

NoiseHERO
Oct 26, 2012, 11:49 PM
Without any indicators of what is meant as sarcasm or a joke, it's not clear to me when something is meant as a joke/sarcasm.

I would not "complain" if I saw the person's being IMO, a bit too nit-picky, include positive comments along with their nitpicks.

It was a story about tentacle monsters...

THAT I SAID WAS CANON.

Oh my god.

LOOOOOOOL...

You've just revealed that you're so dense, that I don't even have to-

Yeah...

ShadowDragon28
Oct 27, 2012, 01:37 AM
Way to go and insult me. I'm not dense. So calling me that was uneccessary dude.

I never played PSO Ep III, and you didn't indicate you were joking, such as a " :p" or " :D" " *sarcasm* "

Aaaanyways. Enough with the verbal attacks now. Let's get back on fucking topic:

IMO
1) Ruins looks great, and the enemies look wicked bad ass
2) I happy that the game is finally we'll be getting a shop to trade in photon drops. Hopefull more items, and maybe mag devices and other very useful items get added to it in the future.
3) I hope players do get at least 5 or 10 Ex-Cubes for each "lvl" reached after capping lvl 50.
4) I wonder if well get 11 star and 12 star weapons and units dropping from enemies in ruins.

NoiseHERO
Oct 27, 2012, 02:11 AM
Way to go and insult me. I'm not dense. So calling me that was uneccessary dude.

I never played PSO Ep III, and you didn't indicate you were joking, such as a " :p" or " :D" " *sarcasm* "

Aaaanyways. Enough with the verbal attacks now. Let's get back on fucking topic:

IMO
1) Ruins looks great, and the enemies look wicked bad ass
2) I happy that the game is finally we'll be getting a shop to trade in photon drops. Hopefull more items, and maybe mag devices and other very useful items get added to it in the future.
3) I hope players do get at least 5 or 10 Ex-Cubes for each "lvl" reached after capping lvl 50.
4) I wonder if well get 11 star and 12 star weapons and units dropping from enemies in ruins.

I'm sorry you find "dense" so terribly insulting, maybe rude, but I've called people way worse. And it's a pretty common male trait. Also I'm sorry that it had to be more obvious than me saying ridiculous things for you to be able to tell that was a random joke story.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 27, 2012, 02:31 AM
Yeah. Whatever. Moving on.

The new boss looks pretty awesome, kind of like Gamera on steriods. I do really like the look of the ruins area at night. The mini obelisks seem to be one source for the pods that get implated in monsters "boosting" them.

gigawuts
Oct 27, 2012, 05:08 AM

I think that comes down to just a familiarity with the person's subtler wording habits. I could tell he was joking or just adding his two cents.

Out of curiosity, what's your stance with my positivity/negativity?

Link1275
Oct 27, 2012, 10:54 AM
"Arkz" does not equal "ARKS". That is all.

They may change the spelling in the international release. It is also possible that if it is the PSO Ep III Arks, then they may have changed their name over the years as well as what they do(eg went from fighting the government to fighting for the government).

ShadowDragon28
Oct 27, 2012, 03:26 PM
I do wish that there was a few more Halloween decorations around the central hub lobby, such as spooky trees, wiggling gravestones, and transparent ghosts floating around in the air like in PSU's Halloween lobby.

I speculate that the scaled down decorations are due to not wanting to burden players with "low-end" PC's running the game, since more, large decorations would present more models to have to load. But what's there is pretty cool. I really wish that they would of had the Halloween Rappies drop jack-o-lantern pumpkin boxes that when after pick up and "using" one it opened and would give you a random mag evolution device, similar to the original PSO jack-o-lanterns had mag-cells.
But this is just me being overly nostaglic for PSO lol.

The "Treat Or Treat" quest is pretty cool. Interupt Events seem happen alot more frequently in it, and the code protection for the Cake Shop is fun, (but a really tough challenge to protect more than 2 boxes when solo).

NoiseHERO
Oct 27, 2012, 04:57 PM
They may change the spelling in the international release. It is also possible that if it is the PSO Ep III Arks, then they may have changed their name over the years as well as what they do(eg went from fighting the government to fighting for the government).

Confirmed by sakai.

Not the same arkz/arks

Also our "A.R.K.S" stands for something... I think it was something engrishy and silly sounding though.

Awesome Rock Killa from Space...

No...

Alien Rescue or Kill Squad(Probably close)

Can't remember.

Eternal255
Oct 29, 2012, 11:44 AM

omg that'd be awesome. gonna spend all of mine on the 250% rdr items xD

maybe ill actually be able to find something i can use!! grrr

also, really wish i could run standard pixels for ruins, my god that looks awesome D:

fuck you nvidia! >.<

and im one of those guys who got lvl 40 in a few days or so, but im still only lvl 46

46 to 47 is 3.5 million, ive got about another 1.1 million to go...

So i'd say it should at least take a week or two for the more hardcore players to get their first set of excubes, and as little as one month for average players, up to two months for casual players. I think this is what they intended to happen, especially considering the exp rate prior to the nerf for lvls 40+. They never intended for us to gain so much exp so quickly. Now theyre just making it so that obtaining extra exp is useful.

I guess I approve of this. I mentioned before that i liked PSO1's method of high exp requirements passed lvl 150, but the need to be passed 150 was little as you could explore all areas easily at that level. Getting passed that was just an added bonus to farming items. This is something similar only we are given all of our stats and SP at lvl 50, yet we can still "level" afterwards.

Raymee
Oct 30, 2012, 09:02 PM
Do you guys think they're going to release the L&K14 Combat or Guld Milla in this next patch? :O

Mechguns need more 10* xd

Although Guld Milla shouldn't be 10* material IMO, but rather the original 12*