PDA

View Full Version : So, is anyone even going to be playing the English version?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nexoz
Oct 27, 2012, 10:02 AM
Try to keep this clean, people.

I've heard a lot of opinions back n forth about playing the English version of PSO2. Some people are "NAW" and others are "Sure." I'm one of the folk who'll be playing on the English version cuz I'm tired of having to alt + tab every 5 minutes to look up quest information and trying to navigate the game is honestly very frustrating.

But, yeah. Are people even going to at least try the English version of this game when it hits?

The Walrus
Oct 27, 2012, 10:09 AM
Yeah I'm gonna give it a shot

Jakosifer
Oct 27, 2012, 10:10 AM
I know of plenty of people who are doing the switch when its released. I won't be, cuz none of my relevant friends will be, and I'll be damned if I start over from scratch with no one to suffer alongside me. :wacko:

Reiketsu
Oct 27, 2012, 10:11 AM
No, because I put too much effort into my account, so I wouldn't start over.
A few people apparently want to play on both servers, but I don't have the time to play two accounts. Thanks to the new exp requirements my progress in this game is already drastically slowed down, so I sure as heck won't start back at zero again... X__x

And even if they should ban all foreigners from the Japanese servers, after all, I still wouldn't play on the US ones. Not because I mistrust SEGA of America, but because I would hate starting all over again after achieving so much ^^;
My motivation to play already decreased, but that would entirely kill it...

So for me it's either JP servers or no PSO2, at all u_u"

Raven5_1
Oct 27, 2012, 10:11 AM
Yep, I will.

Kimil Adrayne
Oct 27, 2012, 10:15 AM
I will too. None of my RL friends are on the JP server, when the World Wide servers open, I'll switch over. I won't delete my character on the JP server persay, but I think I'll be focusing on the new servers when they are out.

[Ayumi]
Oct 27, 2012, 10:31 AM
A few people apparently want to play on both servers, but I don't have the time to play two accounts. Thanks to the new exp requirements my progress in this game is already drastically slowed down, so I sure as heck won't start back at zero again... X__x

And even if they should ban all foreigners from the Japanese servers, after all, I still wouldn't play on the US ones. Not because I mistrust SEGA of America, but because I would hate starting all over again after achieving so much ^^;

I'm pretty much the same here.

Link1275
Oct 27, 2012, 10:40 AM
I'll play it until I beat the story, and then I'm going back to the JP server.

Ezodagrom
Oct 27, 2012, 10:49 AM
Maybe yes, maybe not, depends on how much content there will be on launch.
If there's a good amount of content on launch, I won't start playing right on release, I'll wait a few weeks for the early days rush of players to calm down, the wait will also allow me to see how SoA will handle the release of the game too.
I'm still going to keep playing in the JP version though, even if I make an account in the EN version, my main focus will be in the JP servers.

Shirokami
Oct 27, 2012, 10:52 AM
Mh, I won't be able to get my fighter at english version.
Anyways, I got used to Japanese already.
I won't be playing english version unless I'm banned at JP.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 27, 2012, 10:55 AM
I'll be on english. I'm planning on expanding my WoW guild into PSO2 and the english version is the easiest way to do it. I may still hop on JP to do some early testing of the new content though.

Gama
Oct 27, 2012, 11:05 AM
ill stick to the jp version, since well, i dont want to start over, and everyone i enjoy playing with will stick to it aswell.

gundam0079
Oct 27, 2012, 11:13 AM
Ill still keep to JP pso2 for the most part, but ill do ENG pso2 to play with some friends who dont want to play jp.

Drifting Fable
Oct 27, 2012, 11:58 AM
I will be rolling both severs. I've already started over like 8 times in the JP servers. A 9th won't be too over bearing.

Fox2Tails
Oct 27, 2012, 12:02 PM
I'm bored enough as it is on the JP server, let alone starting again

Rika-chan
Oct 27, 2012, 12:42 PM
I'm sticking to the JP server, no way I'm starting over again.

Home Dog
Oct 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
I'll play it. :) Maybe not as often as I do JP server but I will definitely be on.

Shirokami
Oct 27, 2012, 12:46 PM
I'll be on english. I'm planning on expanding my WoW guild into PSO2 and the english version is the easiest way to do it. I may still hop on JP to do some early testing of the new content though.

WoW Players in PSO2, this is exactly the reason why I don't want to be there.

Gama
Oct 27, 2012, 12:52 PM
lol, pardon my ignorance but why?

played wow "too boring for my taste but" whats wrong with wow players?

Chik'Tikka
Oct 27, 2012, 12:56 PM
I'll make a cameo on ship 2, but i doubt I'll level much+^_^+

Shirokami
Oct 27, 2012, 12:57 PM
lol, pardon my ignorance but why?

played wow "too boring for my taste but" whats wrong with wow players?

You don't know how childish retarded and infuriating they are, right? :/

blace
Oct 27, 2012, 01:03 PM

Not every single WoW player is like that.

I'll play on it, there's always the opportunity to meet new people on either end of the spectrum, so it can be interesting.

Jungo Torii
Oct 27, 2012, 01:11 PM
For me, in all likelihood, no. Considering most of the friends I've made will continue to play jp PSO2, I don't see any reason to make the switch.

Yamishi
Oct 27, 2012, 01:12 PM
I'll be there for the story missions.

I'll hop back to JP once they completely ruin it and stop updating.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 27, 2012, 01:47 PM

while i have never played WoW myself (not my cup of tea) most of the older and more mature people i know that do play horde+^_^+ can't say i know anyone that plays the non-horde side+^_^+

Dragonlily
Oct 27, 2012, 02:31 PM
I want to play the english version so I can understand all the stories (including side stories). I know there's translated versions to read but it's a completely different experience when reading them in game. Right now it's all gibberish and I wish I knew what was happening.

Pirrip
Oct 27, 2012, 02:38 PM
I can account for 10 friends(sounds pretty exact, doesn't it?) who will be playing the English version. I'm sure some people will play.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 27, 2012, 02:39 PM
I'll be playing it while still playing JP
Mostly just to play with certain friends that refuse to get the JP one

ClothoBuer
Oct 27, 2012, 02:48 PM
I might give it a look, I have a few friends who said they'll play when it comes stateside, but the amount of launch content is going to be a big factor of when I decide to join. I can play the JP version just fine, and a couple of my former "english version only" people have jumped on to try the JP version, so I'm not hurting either way.

Gama
Oct 27, 2012, 02:53 PM

have you ever played pso in a en server? lol

darkante
Oct 27, 2012, 02:55 PM
I play the english version when i get IP banned.
Even though i hardly know people here, it's the content i'm after.

moorebounce
Oct 27, 2012, 02:59 PM
I will switch because I like premium too much and the mark-up to do it on the Japanese server is double the price. I'll still use my Japanese account(s) to play the new content when released.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 27, 2012, 03:02 PM
I'd rather break my thumbs than play the english version of PSO2 considering there's an english patch that fixed any problems I had with the JP version

jooozek
Oct 27, 2012, 03:03 PM
If the EU/NA version gets the exp required for levelling lowered (at least /3), then I'll switch over. What if not? I won't be playing either version by that time.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 27, 2012, 03:09 PM
If the EU/NA version gets the exp required for levelling lowered (at least /3), then I'll switch over. What if not? I won't be playing either version by that time.

leveling isn't even that bad until you get to 45

jooozek
Oct 27, 2012, 03:13 PM
leveling isn't even that bad until you get to 45

My hunter is at 46 and I want to throw up. I'm like 23 million exp away from lvl 50.

Shirokami
Oct 27, 2012, 03:14 PM
while i have never played WoW myself (not my cup of tea) most of the older and more mature people i know that do play horde+^_^+ can't say i know anyone that plays the non-horde side+^_^+

Kids calling WoW clone to every single game that's released, kids saying WoW has the best graphic designs, kids saying you're shit and suck as a MMO player if you never played WoW, etc.
I have 7 years of online gaming and WoW players got me pissed for a while already.

Inazuma
Oct 27, 2012, 03:42 PM
Why would I switch to a vastly inferior version? I will be sticking to the Japanese version because it's simply better.

gigawuts
Oct 27, 2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah I'll be popping on, but I doubt I'll abandon the JP server completely even if I start spending loads of time on the eng server.

MissMalice
Oct 27, 2012, 04:33 PM
I had first seriously considered going to the NA/EN version simply because (and this is going to sound REALLY shallow) my husband was slowing me down. He always kept having to stop me in between CO's to go check the translated guide for him and whatnot. He's a smart guy, just not with video games (unless its a puzzle/strategy games). So, now that there's the English patch, he can pretty much run around at his leisure without having me stop every 10 minutes to tell him what to do/where to go.

Piraya
Oct 27, 2012, 04:51 PM
Not sure yet. I've plowed about £70 into the Jap servers, spent 400+ hours on so I'll see. Probably like most depends if any of my actual mates come and play, I know a few who are interested.

But with the English patch, don't really see much point.

Noblewine
Oct 27, 2012, 05:32 PM
I'll be on the english server. I want to be able to comprehend what they are saying and understand the story. The combat looks appealing too.

Eman2417
Oct 27, 2012, 05:36 PM
I'll be staying on JP as well. As much as I'd like to get AC, I just don't see myself switching for that reason alone.
Inb4 someone says webmoney

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
I'm bringing them not to hurt the community but to try to make the international version more successful. If any of them decide to buy some arks cash, it gives Sega more of a reason to keep the servers up rather than shutting them down early before JP every goes down like what happened with PSOBB and PSU PC/PS2. (Which is what brought me there in the first place anyway.)

For the record it's an 18+ guild with some casual raiding. It's never been hardcore and any childness has been dealt with swiftly. Why are you trying to stereotype every one that would be coming from there. If I had named any other MMO that has raiding would you have said the same thing?

Shirokami
Oct 27, 2012, 05:55 PM
I'm bringing them not to hurt the community but to try to make the international version more successful. If any of them decide to buy some arks cash, it gives Sega more of a reason to keep the servers up rather than shutting them down early before JP every goes down like what happened with PSOBB and PSU PC/PS2. (Which is what brought me there in the first place anyway.)

For the record it's an 18+ guild with some casual raiding. It's never been hardcore and any childness has been dealt with swiftly. Why are you trying to stereotype every one that would be coming from there. If I had named any other MMO that has raiding would you have said the same thing?

>Halo
>SWOTR

You seem to understand what kind of childish people I'm talking about!

MissMalice
Oct 27, 2012, 06:07 PM
Like that one really drunk girl/guy at your party. Some of the party guests won't come back, thinking all your parties will suck because they attract obnoxious people. Though, other (more experienced) people will know that it happens at almost everyone's party, and learn to deal with it and end up having a good time anyways.

Reyson
Oct 27, 2012, 08:24 PM
I've been waiting for the English version to start playing. I want to support it, and plan on buying premium and such, so even though it's been absolutely painful waiting I've somehow managed so far. I don't want to burn myself out on the Japanese version...

Agitated_AT
Oct 27, 2012, 08:53 PM
Yes I will

eharima
Oct 27, 2012, 09:28 PM
The only reason to join the na server would be for 'teh lulz' of spam explicit symbol arts, trolling Edward@Sega, seeing how shit the player base will be and of course day zero exploit hacks and injust bans.

I'll make an account to kick back and watch that.

I also heard a rumour that English patch support will end when the na servers come up.
*waits for QQ...

Shirokami
Oct 27, 2012, 09:56 PM
The only reason to join the na server would be for 'teh lulz' of spam explicit symbol arts, trolling Edward@Sega, seeing how shit the player base will be and of course day zero exploit hacks and injust bans.

I'll make an account to kick back and watch that.

I also heard a rumour that English patch support will end when the na servers come up.
*waits for QQ...

After all the time we've been playing if we still need an english patch then we should just die.

blace
Oct 27, 2012, 10:01 PM
After all the time we've been playing if we still need an english patch then we should just die.

You have no idea how many people rely on it. I can imagine some kind of riot to happen on their forums when or if it goes down.

moomoopenguin
Oct 27, 2012, 10:27 PM
I will be playing eng server side, as well as some people i knew from psu 360

EvilMag
Oct 27, 2012, 10:29 PM
You have no idea how many people rely on it. I can imagine some kind of riot to happen on their forums when or if it goes down.

At this point I don't even need it.

supersonix9
Oct 27, 2012, 10:34 PM
No, I didn't play for (what will be) 1000+ hours for nothing.

blace
Oct 27, 2012, 10:44 PM
At this point I don't even need it.

Memorizing the menus isn't hard, but there are those that are too stubborn to try to play without it.

[Ayumi]
Oct 27, 2012, 11:28 PM
Memorizing the menus isn't hard, but there are those that are too stubborn to try to play without it.

Most people I know use mainly for the orders.

Stormwalker
Oct 28, 2012, 12:57 AM
I certainly don't intend to give up my JP characters, I've invested too much time (and money, via AC) into them.

But I will play (and pay for) NA PSO2 as well.

If NA gets good support and access to all content, I'll probably end up playing most of my time there. If it doesn't, then I'll probably end up playing most of my time on JP.

GreenArcher
Oct 28, 2012, 01:10 AM
Given the track record, I've gotta stick to JP. Couldn't give two shits about hours put into JP and not wanting to start over, I just have no faith for the English version of the game. Been around the block one too many times with Sega.

Sebastian & PSO
Oct 28, 2012, 01:22 AM
Fuck yeah, don't you want to take everything you have learned so far and play it in an ENGLISH community (who are much more KIND and less SELFISH and actually LIKE using MOON AUTOMIZERS to revive dead party members AND don't kick you out of teams for no god damn reason)

And also don't you at least wanna hear the american voice acting and cut scenes that will finally make sense?

I'm excited to start over, I will have both my account so there's no big deal. I'm going to start up a Force which will be a first for me : )

BIG OLAF
Oct 28, 2012, 02:14 AM
No, I didn't play for (what will be) 1000+ hours for nothing.

This. Well, almost. Even though I will "play", it'll just be for social aspects, and maybe for story-related purposes if I'm bored.

(who are much more KIND and less SELFISH and actually LIKE using MOON AUTOMIZERS to revive dead party members AND don't kick you out of teams for no god damn reason)

Whoa, where is this EN community, because it's certainly not in any US/EU online game I've ever played.

Sebastian & PSO
Oct 28, 2012, 05:29 AM
There's a communication barrier between us and the Japenese. They obviously feel like it hinders their playing experience so they kick you from groups or don't care about aiding you in battle. I'm not out ruleing all of them, but your chances are gonna be much higher with an english party VS you and a Japanese party. It's fact.

Agitated_AT
Oct 28, 2012, 05:36 AM
My hunter is at 46 and I want to throw up. I'm like 23 million exp away from lvl 50.

I know, it's a terrible thing that it's so hard to reach the cap. The game gets boring when all the sidegoals are so hard to reach. Without that, where else will I get my satisfaction? From the content alone? No way man. Impossible

HandOfThornz
Oct 28, 2012, 07:45 AM
I'm waiting on western servers. :)
Played Jp servers from BETA > release. i felt i wasn't able to fully enjoy the full game without ARC cash shop items (room, shop, extra inventory space, etc....) once the game was fully release in Japan.

Personally i'm really looking forwarded to the full English servers! \o/
Just wish SEGA would hurry up with western server details.

Will_Nonheim
Oct 28, 2012, 08:00 AM
If NA gets good support and access to all content, I'll probably end up playing most of my time there. If it doesn't, then I'll probably end up playing most of my time on JP.

This.

Besides, I haven't got a clue about half of the stuff going on in the quests story-wise since I can't read japanese. The patch is a great help but it doesn't replace a full game translation. However, above all that is SEGA's level of support. If they mess up on the english servers (and I think that's pretty likely.), then at least I'll already have a character with a few levels in that I can play is on a properly supported server.

I've basically been waiting to see how that whole Worldwide Servers VS JP Servers turns out before starting to use up AC. No point in paying for something I'm not sure I'll use; whichever server wins in my eyes will see me paying up. >.>

gigawuts
Oct 28, 2012, 08:07 AM
I think the higher level cap is great. I just wish the excube system kicked in at level 1 - every like 2 million experience would get you a cube at all levels.

Ezodagrom
Oct 28, 2012, 08:47 AM
And also don't you at least wanna hear the american voice acting and cut scenes that will finally make sense?
Nope, I don't. I'm actually hoping they have an option for Japanese voices. I don't need english voices to understand what's going on, just subtitles. ^^;

[Ayumi]
Oct 28, 2012, 10:13 AM
Fuck yeah, don't you want to take everything you have learned so far and play it in an ENGLISH community (who are much more KIND and less SELFISH and actually LIKE using MOON AUTOMIZERS to revive dead party members AND don't kick you out of teams for no god damn reason)

I'm excited to start over, I will have both my account so there's no big deal. I'm going to start up a Force which will be a first for me : )

Is this sarcasm?

Taking everything I learn won't get me my friends, my levels, my rares, my items to the other game.

Next, kind? less selfish? reviving? kicking?
Most of the time I have died in a multi and was someone to revive me they were jpn.
I've had people in english names jump, walk, run, and fight on top of me as they continue to kill a boss or something. While yes, some jpn players did as well... if I'm going by ratio it's 1 out of every 10 english players (which usually my friend or someone in my party) and 8 out of 10 japanese players.
I've also had an experience of someone refusing to revive me due to my character's name but revived my friend who also died near me. Moved just enough to revive them and not me which my friend had to revive me in the process.

As for selfish, I guess you mean player shops? I won't go there. And as far as kicking I have yet been kicked from a party so I can' say anything there... but I CAN say my time on PSU US/EUR I've been kicked numerous times that I just decided to make my own party and lead from then on.

I won't say anything about voice acting as it's a matter of opinion (mine is that english voice acting I'm guessing would suck)

Shirai
Oct 28, 2012, 12:59 PM
;2875247']
Most of the time I have died in a multi and was someone to revive me they were jpn.
I've had people in english names jump, walk, run, and fight on top of me as they continue to kill a boss or something. While yes, some jpn players did as well... if I'm going by ratio it's 1 out of every 10 english players (which usually my friend or someone in my party) and 8 out of 10 japanese players.
I've also had an experience of someone refusing to revive me due to my character's name but revived my friend who also died near me. Moved just enough to revive them and not me which my friend had to revive me in the process.

Sadly,
I think its less than 8 out of 10 Japanese players that revive people.
I usually play among the Japanese and I've seen people, even myself, dead for a few minutes or so. That's usually during boss fights, half the time they kill the boss before reviving, unless a party member revives.

Won't get started on the English community though, enough of it can be seen on this site and lobby 20.

Shirokami
Oct 28, 2012, 01:05 PM
;2875247']Is this sarcasm?

Taking everything I learn won't get me my friends, my levels, my rares, my items to the other game.

As for selfish, I guess you mean player shops? I won't go there. And as far as kicking I have yet been kicked from a party so I can' say anything there... but I CAN say my time on PSU US/EUR I've been kicked numerous times that I just decided to make my own party and lead from then on.

I won't say anything about voice acting as it's a matter of opinion (mine is that english voice acting I'm guessing would suck)

If I'm not low on reviving items I usually revive anyone who dies as soon as possible.
But yeah, I've spent whole Vardha fights dead in front of everyone without anyone even giving a fuck about reviving me, not even after boss was dead.

Eman2417
Oct 28, 2012, 01:09 PM
I'm gonna have to agree that english players tend to revive me a lot more than jp.
When there's a boss and no other english players, I always get left until the boss is dead. Sad part is, their right on top of me hitting the boss and they don't bother to do anything. I usually just go back to camp if they don't help at all ( while the boss is alive ).
Not to say english players don't do this, it just tends to be jp more in my situation.

Z-0
Oct 28, 2012, 01:20 PM
The only reason people don't revive is because they have no moons or because they don't notice. If you speak up, they will revive you. There's been plenty of times people have been dead at my feet and I just haven't noticed because it's not easy to notice (not everyone runs around with HP bars above their heads).

I don't say anything Japanese myself, but "; ;" usually does the trick.

Shirokami
Oct 28, 2012, 01:29 PM
The only reason people don't revive is because they have no moons or because they don't notice. If you speak up, they will revive you. There's been plenty of times people have been dead at my feet and I just haven't noticed because it's not easy to notice (not everyone runs around with HP bars above their heads).

I don't say anything Japanese myself, but "; ;" usually does the trick.

Try with /ci7 ... so they see you dead.

EvilMag
Oct 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
The only reason they don't revive us is because they are Sega ninjas and want to you to buy a Scape Doll to revive yourself.

Link1275
Oct 28, 2012, 01:34 PM
The only reason they don't revive us is because they are Sega ninjas and want to you to buy a Scape Doll to revive yourself.
I think that might actually be accurate to be honest. Most of the JP players are likely able to put in tons of cash on AC, and they don't get/like it when people can't just buy a scape doll.

eharima
Oct 28, 2012, 01:53 PM
Worst speculative concepts ever.
Might as well say, JP are all leet and if you die its shamfur dispray.
Don't expect to be rez'd when you should be returning to campship, leaving game and never show your disgraced face ever again. SPECIALLY if your a baka gaijin .

blace
Oct 28, 2012, 02:04 PM
Worst speculative concepts ever.
Might as well say, JP are all leet and if you die its shamfur dispray.
Don't expect to be rez'd when you should be returning to campship, leaving game and never show your disgraced face ever again. SPECIALLY if your a baka gaijin .

And yet I see Japanese players get ignored as well even when they ask.

Shirokami
Oct 28, 2012, 02:06 PM

Same over here.

gigawuts
Oct 28, 2012, 02:06 PM
Man I don't get this hate I always res I don't even care how often you die it's cool we cool.

Plus everyone in every language understands that it's nice to be resed. Resing someone else crosses the language barrier that you're a nice guy. Then they're more inclined to res you later.

There are three universal languages: Math, love, and resing in an internet video game.

BIG OLAF
Oct 28, 2012, 02:08 PM
There are three universal languages: Math, love, and resing in an internet video game.

What about violence?

Shirokami
Oct 28, 2012, 02:10 PM
What about violence?

What about tsundere lolis with kneesocks and glasses wearing goth clothes?

gigawuts
Oct 28, 2012, 02:16 PM
All that falls under love.

Some people are into some strange things.

supersonix9
Oct 28, 2012, 03:05 PM

Invalid :T

eharima
Oct 28, 2012, 03:18 PM

Sarcasm, your head ect...

Shirokami
Oct 28, 2012, 03:28 PM
English dub... never thought about that...
I'd hate to hear english dub in such a nice game.

EvilMag
Oct 28, 2012, 03:28 PM
English dub... never thought about that...
I'd hate to hear english dub in such a nice game.

They are going to hire people off the street to do the VA.

Reiketsu
Oct 28, 2012, 03:42 PM

Tommy Wiseau will do every voice in the game, regardless of gender.

Zyrusticae
Oct 28, 2012, 03:44 PM
Realistically speaking, they're going run ads and audition people.

Usually, however, "bad voice acting" in games is NOT actually bad acting, but either bad direction or bad writing (or both!). Don't blame the messenger an' all that~

Shirokami

I had english dubs on P3 and P4 and I don't love them, neither I hate them, but still, Japanese will always be superior.

gigawuts

I'm actually expecting them to drop money on this. Nicholas Cage will be doing every voice in the game, regardless of gender.

Z-0
Oct 28, 2012, 03:45 PM
Honestly, I've never understood the HUGE problem with English Dubs. I've never disliked them myself and often thought that the VAs are fine for the character, and on the other hand, really thought some of the JP voices weren't so great (Yuto's voice in PSPo2, for example. =v= I also wasn't a fan of Emilia either, but I liked her western voice. Mika's also fit more in the US version too)

It's like people hate the English language, as any mention of English Dub just gets shot down.

gigawuts
Oct 28, 2012, 03:50 PM
No, for the most part people just hate the VA's.

You might not, but they do.

blace
Oct 28, 2012, 04:04 PM
I'm fine with dubs, just really depends on the direction as you have mentioned. Of course, I hope they do something better than PSP2's voices. They weren't bad, but it felt that there wasn't much emphasis on trying to make them sound any better.

SuperChoco
Oct 28, 2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I'll play the english version. I've purposefully have not been playing the JP version so I could not dig myself a hole of regret over hours.

Oh, and all online games and communities have jerks. I expect the community for NA PSO2 to be a little worse than PC/PS2 PSU, when that was still up (it wasn't bad).

Reyva
Oct 28, 2012, 04:48 PM
Sure, I'll play.............about 3 months after I see how its doing. If they launched with everything the JP have though........I'd say about 1 month 8-). Don't care about dubs, the community and so on. Just see how Sega handles the NA version is all I care about.

lostinseganet
Oct 28, 2012, 04:57 PM
At first I was all like NUUUUuu but it is free soo probably...Butt! I will not pay for anything if they do not update in a timely fashion. So i will not buy anything for like the first 4 months; then i will think about it.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
I'm 99,9% sure I'm staying on the Japanese version, unless like my whole friend list is moving over.

Nameh
Oct 28, 2012, 05:15 PM
Now really sure if I do. (When I get my laptop, maybe I'll get both versions. Or just make the switch.) But honestly, I'm not sure if SEGA US if going to keep the english version up as long as the Japanese. And, hey, maybe the japanese will have more to offer. DLC-wise I kinda think sega US is kinda "lazy". No offense so anyone please? ^_^

RemChu
Oct 28, 2012, 05:41 PM
Plan on playing casually with a old friend who I use to play pso 1 and 2 with. It will be fun to actually understand teh story now.

Laxedrane
Oct 28, 2012, 06:09 PM
I'm actually expecting them to drop money on this. Nicholas Cage will be doing every voice in the game, regardless of gender.

Well at least Lisa will be properly voice acted!

Anywho I plan on playing on English servers. I am treating my Jp server character as an experimental one. Trying out things not on the beaten path seeing what fits me. Making mistakes that I would have to pay RL money to correct. That way I can make my English server character in a more educated way.

I also like to not have to jump through hoops to be able to get AC pay for premuim etc etc.

The usual friends that are holding out for the English version also applies to me.

So yeah.

Fujiko
Oct 28, 2012, 07:04 PM
All my friends couldn't deal with the Japanese version and are waiting for the English release, so I will be playing that.

Rave64
Oct 28, 2012, 07:32 PM
Of course for the social aspect

Ezodagrom
Oct 28, 2012, 08:19 PM
Honestly, I've never understood the HUGE problem with English Dubs. I've never disliked them myself and often thought that the VAs are fine for the character, and on the other hand, really thought some of the JP voices weren't so great (Yuto's voice in PSPo2, for example. =v= I also wasn't a fan of Emilia either, but I liked her western voice. Mika's also fit more in the US version too)

It's like people hate the English language, as any mention of English Dub just gets shot down.
In my case, I prefer watching things in their original language, be it games, anime, animated movies, cartoons, for me character voices usually sound better in the original language, for example, I wouldn't enjoy watching something like The Simpsons in any language other than english. There are exceptions, of course, where the dub sounds better than the original.

Coatl
Oct 28, 2012, 08:40 PM

If you've watched any anime you'd know english dubs are always an ear-bleed.

MaRayearth
Oct 28, 2012, 08:58 PM
Back to level 1 basic class with only Normal Mode Forest and Caves? all COs all over again (the tedious and the not so tedious ones)? Slower updates, fewer events? English voices (urgh) or no voices at all for the scenes / emergency codes, etc? and worst of all... play a game run by SOA??

I believe I'll pass, thank you...

May0
Oct 28, 2012, 09:31 PM

I'd say its more of a mixed bag but video games typically get the short end of the VO stick. I helps if the director understands the material and understands how to translate it to whatever audience the game is intended for. See metal gear.

Maronji
Oct 28, 2012, 09:34 PM

Assuming we're talking about the generalized opinion about dubs, I just won't understand people and why they think like that. Not all dubs are bad, like the dub for Panty and Stocking, for example (which I thought was a breath of fresh air over dubs done by, say, Sentai Filmworks or Geneon (before they dropped out of the business)).

If not, "always" sounds like a bit of a stretch. "Often", maybe. Hell, I'd even settle for "most of the time" (even though I don't entirely agree with that degree), but "always"? On that note, I wouldn't say all bad dubs are ear-bleeding level. It ranges from "simply unremarkable" to "absolutely unwatchable", depending on the licensing company, the writing/directing, and the voice actors hired for what roles. I can't comment too much on the subject, however, as I am not familiar with how the casting process works out here in the west (or in general, for that matter).

Anyway, getting back on subject, I'm in the "I'll play (while keeping my JP characters in reserve in case of the Apocalypse) but I'll reserve initial judgment until I can get an idea of how it's going to run after service officially begins" camp. I'd explain why, but I get the feeling that I'd end up offending a few people in the process (though not out of any intent of my own; I've seen how some people react to differing opinions on this subject before, and I personally don't want any part of it).

and worst of all... play a game run by SOA??

I believe I'll pass, thank you...
This is almost exactly why I don't wish to share my opinion on the topic at large. With posts like this, taking my chances has so little appeal that I don't even care to try anymore.

Ryoten
Oct 28, 2012, 09:45 PM
In my case, I prefer watching things in their original language, be it games, anime, animated movies, cartoons, for me character voices usually sound better in the original language, for example, I wouldn't enjoy watching something like The Simpsons in any language other than english. There are exceptions, of course, where the dub sounds better than the original.

http://youtu.be/UMyZobdp8vA
Prime example. lol

eharima
Oct 28, 2012, 10:06 PM
Japan= voice acting is a serious profession, with tons of competition, increasing general standards.
Rest of the world= people who can read a script do one time takes. More likely to get a job if annoying voice.

There are like, 3 okay English voice e actors, and they sound the same in EVERY piece of work they do.

Shirokami
Oct 28, 2012, 10:23 PM
Japan= voice acting is a serious profession, with tons of competition, increasing general standards.
Rest of the world= people who can read a script do one time takes. More likely to get a job if annoying voice.

There are like, 3 okay English voice e actors, and they sound the same in EVERY piece of work they do.

Yep, true, that's why I hate English Dubs.
Spanish dubs are even worse.
Japanese dubs have their actor's soul applied to the character's soul, they make the characters give a feeling like they're real and alive.

SuperChoco
Oct 28, 2012, 11:39 PM
I'm so glad voice acting is so important for a game about whacking things with a big sword. I know that my entire gaming experience would be completely ruined because the language being said is in a language that I know.

It's not important, voice acting should be the least of your concerns with the western release of this game.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 28, 2012, 11:48 PM
lol, you know, now that Agra and gang can encrypt files to work with JP PSO2, (and i think they had to do so to quite a bit of the JP VAs, cause SEGA mixed text files with them, like Hilde calling out code stuff) and I'm sure it wouldn't take them long to just create a patch with the English dubs ported over, biggest issue between US/EU servers and JP servers will for me be AC accessibility, especially now that they cut out AmEx+^_^+ although, i wouldn't be surprised if SEGAC was lazy enough to cut VAs out altogether and western release only had text (with silent mouth moving)+^_^+

Coatl
Oct 29, 2012, 12:27 AM
I'm so glad voice acting is so important for a game about whacking things with a big sword. I know that my entire gaming experience would be completely ruined because the language being said is in a language that I know.

It's not important, voice acting should be the least of your concerns with the western release of this game.

PSO2 would get pretty tedious if all you did was whack things with a big sword. While voice acting is not as important as say, the combat mechanics, it's a nice icing on the cake. And most people like their icing being delicious.

After all, Lisa wouldn't have such a large JP and non-JP fanbase was it not for her voice actor.

Konflyk
Oct 29, 2012, 12:31 AM
lol, you know, now that Agra and gang can encrypt files to work with JP PSO2, (and i think they had to do so to quite a bit of the JP VAs, cause SEGA mixed text files with them, like Hilde calling out code stuff) and I'm sure it wouldn't take them long to just create a patch with the English dubs ported over, biggest issue between US/EU servers and JP servers will for me be AC accessibility, especially now that they cut out AmEx+^_^+ although, i wouldn't be surprised if SEGAC was lazy enough to cut VAs out altogether and western release only had text (with silent mouth moving)+^_^+

English VAs suck who would want dubbing at all anyway?

Crystal_Shard
Oct 29, 2012, 12:39 AM
On-Topic: I'm too entrenched in the JP system to even consider moving, so I'll just watch on the sidelines. I might make a leisure account some other time if I'm bored.

---

Off-Topic: I realise that it's been many years since that era, but for some fairly fearsomely bad dubs, go see if you can find any videos of Saturn era dubs. Specifically, the dub of Shining Force III Scenario 1. It was one of the major factors that turned me away from english dubs back then, and I've never regretted doing so.

You can't compare what amounts to a sidenote in US voice-acting work, to what is a dedicated craft in Japan, where the voice actors/actresses are practically celebrities, and can make or break the success of games or anime. The industry in the US simply does not have the demand that would enable them to churn out much better VAs on par with the original voices, at least not for anime and games. Western Animation is another animal altogether.

I do admit that VA work has come a long way since then. Even with that in mind there's also another reason not to go to dubs - experiencing the work in the way the original creator intended it to be experienced. Even the best dub (or sub) cannot recreate the exact nuance 100% of the time, simply due to the differences in the language. You'll only realize this if you've tried to translate sentences from Japanese to English directly before.

As for the idea that voice overs aren't important enough in a game about whacking things with a pointy stick, try to imagine playing the game with all the voices replaced with teletubby ones. :3

Mikura
Oct 29, 2012, 12:45 AM
Had you asked me this question 2 months ago, I probably would have said no. But since I've been playing other games lately and have fallen behind considerably in my progress, I'm going to say yes. The fact I can no longer purchase AC with a credit card of any kind sort of kills the JP version for me as well. I'll still keep my JP account though and play it casually in case any of my friends decide to stay there.

Vashyron
Oct 29, 2012, 12:46 AM
English VAs suck who would want dubbing at all anyway?

They could all sound like Ethan Waber and I'd still use it.

Konflyk
Oct 29, 2012, 12:49 AM
They could all sound like Ethan Waber and I'd still use it.

I mean some VAs aren't terrible, Goku EN vs Goku JP, but it won't always end up like that, and like someone posted above in Japan VAing is an art/profession, here it's just something to do on the side to make some spare cash. There are a few that are tolerable but the majority of English VAs make me cringe and go into a blind rage just from hearing their joke of a voice, they don't even put emotion into it which makes it worse.

AlexIII
Oct 29, 2012, 01:36 AM
I would consider it if the US version has ALL of the current updates. Even then, I wouldn't play for three months, I'd just sign up and wait to see if they keep it up.

This is sega, and they don't have a great history with this sort of thing. They hate the gaijin and love the nipponjin.

If they ban us, I'll see you all in Final Fantasy 14 (it looks pretty good these days with all the updates). I'll never play another sega MMO ever again if they do IP ban us, but I doubt that will happen.

I just wish they wouldn't hate our money so much. It was hard for them to process some foreign credit cards they said, so we switched to Amex, which has a very Japanese-like delay in processing, they stop allowing it with little explination. The only way to get AC these days is by paying a huge premium.

The best team on ship 2 is nothing but gaijin, and something like 17 of them have rooms and 9ish win room rankings every week. Those 17 people jumped through sega's bullshit hoops and paid a large surcharge on an already extortionary premium charge. But no, sega isn't grateful for their devotion, time and money. In their mind the cause of every problem = gaijin. The Solution to every problem = make thing worse for gaijin.

People blame Sega of America; because hey, not Japanese - gaijin - clearly the issue. That's the cause of all of Sega's problems.

If you're at head office and you're allowing a subsidiary to perform so poorly, it's on you. Just like a parent having to take responsibility for their child's actions. So no, I don't buy the SoA are the problem attitude. It's on the head company; Sega of Japan. If they really are such a problem, then SoJ needs to shake things up, provide greater funding, fire the talentless .etc

Anyway, like I said, no. I'll never play the English server, because I know Sega will just make everything a year or more late (and some things will likely be JP only on top of that). As an added bonus, as history has shown us, the foreign servers will close a year or so earlier than the JP servers.

I just don't see any reason to pay to be an unappreciated player. I'm doing it at the moment (I'm on a 90 day premium ticket atm), but I sure as hell wont do it on a half-arsed NA server.

Skyly
Oct 29, 2012, 02:25 AM
There any new info on the NA release? Seems like it's been dead since July..

blace
Oct 29, 2012, 02:33 AM
There any new info on the NA release? Seems like it's been dead since July..
Besides the reception it got at PAX, not much else.

Skyly
Oct 29, 2012, 03:01 AM
Besides the reception it got at PAX, not much else.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_so9rY6AQGRs/TTtaQOD02JI/AAAAAAAAAEQ/VPr8QK-kZ84/s1600/charlie-brown-baseball-aaugh.jpg

Synbios
Oct 29, 2012, 09:32 AM
I will. I just found out today about PSO2 :D

Sammickk
Oct 29, 2012, 11:04 AM
I've been waiting for the English version to start playing. I want to support it, and plan on buying premium and such, so even though it's been absolutely painful waiting I've somehow managed so far. I don't want to burn myself out on the Japanese version...

UMMMMMMMMMMMM
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reyson you've hit the NAIL ON THE HEAD!, this contributes to the fail for the rest of the NA players who want this game to succeed.... and i personally WOULD NOT want to play a half translated game.

I STRONGLY WISH Localization was enforced on ALL games....Game developers should LEARN and it might pay off.... this game may have been more enjoyable to people who just couldn't wait and jumped on JP version...but you will never know now.

And on top of that i see tons of posts saying, IM IN TO DEEP!!

So Reyson, i will be standing on the front lines of the NA ship with you come January.

Teleios
Oct 29, 2012, 11:45 AM
I have to agree with Reyson and Sammiickk on this one.

I will definitely wait until the English version comes out.

HIT0SHI
Oct 29, 2012, 12:00 PM
PSO2 JP is like a beta to me IMO
I'll be on both, because the JP side will probably have content for testing before the NA/US version.
IF the NA/US does keep up nicely to JP (unlike PSU:AoI) then I'll happily switch. Besides, how the heck am I supposed to understand the story? :C

Sammickk
Oct 29, 2012, 12:01 PM

Sorry just had to do another, THISSSSS!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^
lol ok i'm finished

Skyly
Oct 29, 2012, 01:49 PM
Overall I'd just rather play the NA version.. It just sucks waiting.

blace
Oct 29, 2012, 01:53 PM
I'm only playing on the Japanese version mostly as to see first hand what the hype was, and it pulled me in. I have no qualms starting over as I have done so countlessly in other games of the same type or genre. Besides, practice with the games mechanics help later on and my experimenting with my mags helps me get a better grasp on how they work this time around.

TheToyDolls
Oct 29, 2012, 03:16 PM
Maybe I'm just too lazy or stubborn to play a game in a language I don't understand. I think it'd be too much work for me to do like you or a lot of others do and alt tab to read translations. I'm content waiting for the English release.

Still upset over no Infinity English release though. Well, at least I haven't checked on one in a while.

I'm sure anyone immersed in the JP version right now has their characters and progression going pretty well so I could see how some of those people wouldn't want to play EN version. As long as there are no stark differences between the gameplay or what is available to players I don't mind. But I can wait. I have the patience of a monk.

Syklo
Oct 29, 2012, 05:48 PM
Hell yeah I definitely will join the english version.
Because I want to read ALL the message packs and understand ALL the event scenes.
And I'm interested to see what will be different.

As for starting over, psssh, big deal. This is why you don't put too much effort into something that you might not stick to (even if it's just a variant).
I play for the game and the content it provides, not the competition it lets through.

EDIT: For those who are certain of migrating, what will be the "official" ship?

Link1275
Oct 29, 2012, 06:24 PM
The "official ship is whatever people feel like playing on I would guess. And would it sound unreasonable to wonder if you can log in to the international version of the game with your JP account?

Fandom Ruck
Oct 29, 2012, 06:27 PM
I have various reasons to be skeptical of the Worldwide launch, as does everyone else but, I will definitely be playing. Hopefully after the amount of effort I've put into the JP server here soon I can trade/give a few things to other community members here.

As with any new video game that comes out anywhere on any platform, the term "we'll see how it goes." comes to mind.

drummer829
Oct 29, 2012, 06:51 PM
I will definitely be getting the US version of the game. Im interested to seeing the event scenes in english and stuff like that. If i cant transfer my player then oh well. im sure there will be many new players as well

Ryoten
Oct 29, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'll play on the US for the story line, gonna stay JP for content & friends.

Syklo
Oct 29, 2012, 07:41 PM
The "official ship is whatever people feel like playing on I would guess. And would it sound unreasonable to wonder if you can log in to the international version of the game with your JP account?
Unreasonable indeed.

thinktank001
Oct 30, 2012, 02:03 AM
Everyone will be playing NA/Global version eventually. There will be IP bans on new accounts as soon as it is released, and it probably won't be too far after they will just IP ban anyone not logging into their appropriate region.

Meta77
Oct 30, 2012, 02:08 AM
Ill be getting it :D get to know me an well be fine. I miss psu and this will give me a actual good mmo to play again finally.

Syklo
Oct 30, 2012, 03:57 AM
I should also mention that I won't be joining the english version immediately.

because of my low internet quota, I have to get someone else to download it for me.

Jakosifer
Oct 30, 2012, 04:43 AM
No. Because English players don't even revive people when one guy clearly has all of the aggro and theyre free to stop dicking around to go revive a fallen ally.

Seraphus
Oct 30, 2012, 05:49 AM
No. Because English players don't even revive people when one guy clearly has all of the aggro and theyre free to stop dicking around to go revive a fallen ally.

I hope you are not serious and you are just bitter about a certain experience. I once was in an all JPN MPA with an assault from Quartz and had revived 6 people, but on the last person I died shortly after finishing and was not revived until the boss was killed.

DemonMike
Oct 30, 2012, 06:51 AM
I doubt many people here will have the choice of which version they would prefer to play.

They're already starting to cut down heavily on the options available to foreign players with AC payment and if you're not able to pay up and keep fueling the game, I have strong doubts as to whether they'd let you stick around. It's a sad reality, but I think a forced exodus is coming.

gigawuts
Oct 30, 2012, 06:56 AM
I hope you are not serious and you are just bitter about a certain experience. I once was in an all JPN MPA with an assault from Quartz and had revived 6 people, but on the last person I died shortly after finishing and was not revived until the boss was killed.

Woah woah woah

Hold the fucking phone

Do you mean to tell me

Just give me a second here to break this down in my head

Do you mean to tell me that an entire race and culture is not represented by a very small group of people?

Like, dude, woah.

[Ayumi]
Oct 30, 2012, 07:49 AM

Just yesterday I was in an Urgent Mission at the City.
I was dead (everyone in the multi was english) and people literally walked over me and kept going. I was only revived because my friend saw my hp and came to help me.

I had to do the same for them when they died, and for another person that was in the team with us.

While earlier that same day when I was fighting a Vardha in another Urgent, the moment I died, a jpn player revived me almost instantly.

Maybe it's because my name in the game is in japanese that english players just refuse to revive me? But even if that's the case, why others that "I" have noticed with their name in english?

Ail
Oct 30, 2012, 08:43 AM
i played just a bit on the jp server. well.. i ended up playing a lot more than i planned, but i stopped now and i'm just waiting for the english version :)

greenlakesage
Oct 30, 2012, 08:49 AM
don't you ever wonder if sega of japan will ban everyone outside of japan when the english version comes out? and if they do then what you going to do :3
all of you worked so hard on your characters on the jp server it will be a shame if they did that.

Shirokami
Oct 30, 2012, 08:50 AM
don't you ever wonder if sega of japan will ban everyone outside of japan when the english version comes out? and if they do then what you going to do :3
all of you worked so hard on your characters on the jp server it will be a shame if they did that.

Everyone is playing with that possibility in mind.
Or at least I am.

Miraclearrow
Oct 30, 2012, 08:58 AM
Get over it :P EZPZ. Don't be so salty folks. Just be polite and mind your own business and talk to people you can and don't with people you can't. Deal with it....

Seraphus
Oct 30, 2012, 09:19 AM
Woah woah woah

Hold the fucking phone

Do you mean to tell me

Just give me a second here to break this down in my head

Do you mean to tell me that an entire race and culture is not represented by a very small group of people?

Like, dude, woah.

You joke about it but people actually don't believe that kind of idea...hence the reply right after yours. I do understand that sometimes you die where it is hard to see on their screen but not on yours. And English or not, you can always say help and they will understand, but sometimes it is too late when you need that boss kill.

Some people make the excuse the won't play on English servers because Americans/Westerners are childish and immature (or are just bad people), but they are just as childish to think that.

gigawuts
Oct 30, 2012, 09:28 AM
Some people make the excuse the won't play on English servers because Americans/Westerners are childish and immature (or are just bad people), but they are just as childish to think that.

I'm glad you posted this, because if there's any one thing people take away from this whole SoJ/SoA and JP/EN communities, I hope it's this.

While a large chunk of a community may behave a certain way due to social norms, and I can understand wanting to avoid that (I don't know maybe someone hates courteous JP players), they don't stand for the entirety of the community. I've dealt with irritating and rude JP and EN players, and I've dealt with nice and amicable JP and EN players too.

darkante
Oct 30, 2012, 09:29 AM

If that happens, then i just restart no big deal.
Just shows how evil they can be and not just ip ban at the start.

Angelic Fae
Oct 30, 2012, 10:47 AM
To be honest I'm gonna wait until the uk version comes out. It's really gonna be down to how far behind we're gonna be on content if were gonna be a year behind no thank you, will stay on jp servers. I don't really think we're in any danger of getting IP banned from the jp servers since they haven't already done it and we ARE still customers. Sega get their moneys we get our game everyone's a winner.

Eternal255
Oct 30, 2012, 10:57 AM

im considering doing this, however, i am hoping that with the localized versions, better 'translations' will be made [for this version] so that i could jus run the story on the jp server and not have to play it elsewhere.

doubtful, but we'll see.

NoiseHERO
Oct 30, 2012, 11:13 AM
Nah I hate both.

EN players are boring or take themselves to seriously. (Or they're just dumb.)

JP players are all ultra casual, or they're ultra uptight and never talk. Yet ironically I could probably get more JP players to talk to me than EN players that take themselves too seriously.

Shirokami
Oct 30, 2012, 11:19 AM
Nah I hate both.

EN players are boring or take themselves to seriously. (Or they're just dumb.)

JP players are all ultra casual, or they're ultra uptight and never talk. Yet ironically I could probably get more JP players to talk to me than EN players that take themselves too seriously.

Not to mention EN players would only talk about retarded stuff and would get all worked up at you if you don't like it.

Tcrusader51
Oct 30, 2012, 11:21 AM
I do plan on playing the NA version and as long as updates are only slightly behind JP and NA doesn't screw it up then I will gladly stay there. If not, then I will have to go back to jp version.
However, it sad to see that a lot of westerners are already assisting in the fall of localized servers by playing too much and thus not wanting to start over. To each his/her own I suppose.

Also, I wanted to make a comment about dubs as people seem to believe in their minds that they are just inferior to jp voiceovers. Have it ever occurred that the dubs just aren't too good on the ears simply because you guys are too adjusted to jpn voiceover with titles?

Nowadays, I too listen to a lot of jp voiceovers with subs as they come out way earlier than english voice overs and, because of that, I cannot really get into english dubs anymore. However in the past before being introduced to subs, I watched a lot of animes in dubs like DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho and later upon watching the jp with subs it just didn't seem right.

That being said, I think it's more the person and what he/she is adjusted to than the voice acting itself.

Digital Satyr
Oct 30, 2012, 11:47 AM
I can see the English servers having more tolls that would do things like attack Umblla, but my friends will be playing on it, and I do like the convenience of having everything translated.

Skyly
Oct 30, 2012, 01:14 PM

That's on an individual basis. I revive regardless just because I'd want someone to revive me.. Plain and simple.

Link1275
Oct 30, 2012, 01:18 PM
That's on an individual basis. I revive regardless just because I'd want someone to revive me.. Plain and simple.
I'd say 60% of Westerners are like that these days.

FineWine
Oct 30, 2012, 01:38 PM
I have some friends from other games that are waiting for the NA release and my original intention was to play with them whenever its open to us. However I have some people I met on these servers that want to stay here and don't really want me to go.

In the end I will probably end up switching back and forth between them, as silly as it sounds. :P

Miraclearrow
Oct 30, 2012, 01:49 PM

I bet its exactly 60 percent based on statistical data collected by you....Don't try to qualify it either :P... I think most players revive on principle if possible. I've always been revived in every circumstance I've died. So maybe you have bad luck, who knows.

Eternal255
Oct 30, 2012, 01:50 PM

i forget to buy moons.

even on boss runs. ask my teammates lol.

Uncle_bob
Oct 30, 2012, 02:13 PM
I'll be playing the English version. Tried to load the JP ONRY one but there were too many moon rune errors and the game crashed when it started, so I gave up.

Syklo
Oct 30, 2012, 08:01 PM

In my case, I have excess moon atomizers so I might as well revive them

That being said, I think it's more the person and what he/she is adjusted to than the voice acting itself.

This.

ZcRaider
Oct 31, 2012, 12:02 AM
Ive always been more or less a lonewolf type of player. So im not to concerned with where the "majority" of english players will be.

Personally I kinda like the fact that im with a limited number of English players. I found that the culture of the japanese...seems more respectable. And the people that are here...WANT to be here. Not just playing just to be playing. The english players in this game are commited. Thats makes for a better gaming atmosphere. But thats just my opinion. Besides I enjoy learning Japanese while playing with them.

Most of the friends that I roll with will be staying on the Japanese version. I would rather play with just a handfull of friends and family members, than to play with a bunch of people that i really dont know...or might not even care to know....I mean...theres always that guy...you know? That one guy that messes it up for everyone....When I play with my friends, i can trust them. And if they make mistakes..or if I make mistakes...we can laugh about it....and have fun. Not everybody is like that you know? You cant always trust just anyone.

This might cut out on some potential new friends...but eh its no biggy for me. I play mostly for myself anyways because i can count on that. Besides with the multiparty system, i can enjoy the best of both worlds. Be a longwolf, while helping out the rest of those around me. I know..a little bit of Chunk Norris's pride...eh.... Or I can just roll with my select group of friends, and play like an elite special forces op hehe ^^.

Ive invested...about 1000 Hours in this game with plenty more to come....hopefully.... I dont really feel like doing all that again.

Besides i have serious gripes with sega's segragation of there game. If anyone has tracked or remember my posts on the subject matter, they will know that im not happy with the "localization" And I am fairly sure that they are going to give the japanese preferential treatment, compared to the NA version of this game. Thats considering in hindsight, how sega has handled things with PSU. In fact i QUIT PSU because of that. I dont want to go through that again.

So unless sega really becomes ass...and sets up an IP_Ban...i will be stayin on the japanese servers. And if they did do such a thing, they will have lost one of there most loyal fans since the dreamcast era. Edit: Genisis too <----

Plenty of other games out there to play.

My 2 cents (condensed version), Delivered Via Fedex Priority mail. Go Tom Hanks go...

Blundy
Oct 31, 2012, 12:27 AM
yes. for sure.

Macman
Oct 31, 2012, 12:54 AM
I'll still dabble in both servers, but if the US version actually handles itself well (a long shot, but still a shot) then I'll probably start focusing on that more. At least I won't have to jump through a dozen hoops to buy AC there.

Grifs Astoni
Oct 31, 2012, 01:09 AM
I think I'm better off at the Japanese version, but the English version might have less RMTers. My only real gripe with the Japanese server (Ship 10) is the lack of English speaking players to do TA with though, other than my teammates; I have a freaking 12-hour gap from their timezone.

Syklo
Oct 31, 2012, 01:20 AM
I think I'm better off at the Japanese version, but the English version might have less RMTers. My only real gripe with the Japanese server (Ship 10) is the lack of English speaking players to do TA with though, other than my teammates; I have a freaking 12-hour gap from their timezone.

I know that feel bro.
Except it's 18 ish hours in my case.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 31, 2012, 01:37 AM
Unrelated, but that's a great idea to stop bringing moon atomizers

Maybe they'll play with more intent on surviving

/not-subtle jab at Syklo

Syklo
Oct 31, 2012, 02:02 AM
Unrelated, but that's a great idea to stop bringing moon atomizers

Maybe they'll play with more intent on surviving

/not-subtle jab at Syklo
Not my fault 3 gilnas cores spawned around me and lazor'd me......on hard mode.

The 2nd time I died that time was for the sake of the protection code/quest

GoldenFalcon
Oct 31, 2012, 02:09 AM
Not my fault 3 gilnas cores spawned around me and lazor'd me......on hard mode.

The 2nd time I died that time was for the sake of the protection code/quest

needs more infinite floating

And yeah, I wish fighters could guard reliably

PS: don't feel bad >:

off-topic is off-topic

Syklo
Oct 31, 2012, 02:13 AM

I don't normally use shoot polka :P

Shirokami
Oct 31, 2012, 04:48 AM

And yeah, I wish fighters could guard reliably

PS: don't feel bad >:

off-topic is off-topic

Shift with Twin Daggers.

Darki
Oct 31, 2012, 05:23 AM
I don't think I'd be too eager to start over again. That on top of most the people I know says they're going to stay so I suppose I'd rather stay in JP unless we all get kicked out. If we do get IP banned, I don't think I'll join the US servers inmediately, though. Don't really feel like playing with so little shit.

Coatl
Oct 31, 2012, 05:26 AM
I want more English-speaking noobies in the JP servers.
I feel like most of the English-speaking population are in the lv30-40s and a very small minority are in the lv1-20s.

Konflyk
Oct 31, 2012, 05:35 AM
I feel like most of the English-speaking population are in the lv30-40s and a very small minority are in the lv1-20s.

Not true, there are plenty of low levels hopping on everyday and plenty of people starting new classes since sub classing came out, it literally takes maybe 2-3 hours to hit level 15 in which you can start doing desert MPAs on normal, I think if you could sit on the game for almost a whole day you could hit 30 with a single class, but expect to do a lot of grinding, bursts and COs.

Also I have people in my Team starting at pretty low levels and a bunch of new recruits.

Also lol at EN servers, DOA calling it.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 31, 2012, 06:10 AM
Shift with Twin Daggers.

I can't really call that a guard if lasers still wipe your face

Syklo
Oct 31, 2012, 06:31 AM
I can't really call that a guard if lasers still wipe your face
and it can't cancel out ground combos, but it IS usable twice from the ground.

It CAN cancel in midair combos, but even then, it didn't last long enough for 3 lasers.

Sammickk
Oct 31, 2012, 09:38 AM

he probably was serious.... i've played in many online games with many different region...this happens everywhere, dont get your panties in a wad, happens to everyone.

drummer829
Oct 31, 2012, 10:22 AM

Im a newbie that just started playing lol. im running into error messages trying to make it work now, but Im just a level 5. If I can get it back to working, I will probably be playing it non stop

Kamikun
Oct 31, 2012, 12:44 PM
I'll def be playing, I like the jp servers but I'd prefer more english players atm

Skyly
Nov 1, 2012, 01:19 PM
Every other day on the homepage is an update about PSO2 JP and still have yet to see anything about the NA version.......... MAN!!!! I'm jealous

Griffin
Nov 1, 2012, 02:50 PM
Most of my friends will be staying, so I will as well. I will play US to experience the English dubs and probably stop.

ThePendragon
Nov 2, 2012, 03:02 PM

This.

Sesheenku
Nov 2, 2012, 04:17 PM
Gonna give it a shot, definitely wanna buy ac without hassle. I also wanna be able to read things.

I won't play right away if they don't start out with at LEAST the content we have now. I mean I'm not going to play with Forest and Caves and no Fighter class e-e.

I don't mind starting over, It takes like two days of effortless playing for me to hit 30 anyways but there's no point if I'm stuck on Hunter, I just don't like that class in comparison to Fighter and I won't wanna be grinding in Caves I HATE caves lol.

So in short I'll play but only when they have Fighter/Gunner/Techer, Tundra, and Mines at the minimum.

If the US server fails to meet expectations and they don't IP ban us well then I suppose I'll go back to JP and jump through the pesky hoops to pay up for AC.. I mean if I don't have another server with proper content to enjoy AC stuff on well then I'll do it on JP even if it is a hassle.

RagolianHunter
Nov 2, 2012, 04:31 PM
To assume that the current content will be available at launch is just silly and your setting yourself up for a let down.

I would suggest you just stay JP, it will be easier on you.

The small community of us that are pso-world'ers that know what the current status of PSo2 JP is in does not warrent SEGA to bring the game stateside with all that is availble now.

Think about, like really really think about it. JP has had soooo many updates since launch if it opened stateside with all this content cats would be going nuckin futs saying wth no updates for xx months.

Be a realist, for real.

EvilMag
Nov 2, 2012, 04:48 PM
Nope. Staying on JP. If we get IP blocked, then I'm quitting this game.

Not dealing with SoA's shit anymore.

Tcrusader51
Nov 2, 2012, 04:53 PM
To assume that the current content will be available at launch is just silly and your setting yourself up for a let down.

I would suggest you just stay JP, it will be easier on you.

The small community of us that are pso-world'ers that know what the current status of PSo2 JP is in does not warrent SEGA to bring the game stateside with all that is availble now.

Think about, like really really think about it. JP has had soooo many updates since launch if it opened stateside with all this content cats would be going nuckin futs saying wth no updates for xx months.

Be a realist, for real.

I can be a realist. Realistically speaking, we all probably won't have much choice anyways as Sega will more than likely IP ban us from teh jp servers. As if Sega is going to put the resources to making a english server just for half of us to stay on the jp server where they can't even make money of us with the AC points.

Sega is a business and they are going to try and place us on the english servers as much as possible where our credit cards will actually work. Either that, or they will allow foreign credit cards to work to purchase jp AC which is extremely unlikely. Now that's real!!

RagolianHunter
Nov 2, 2012, 05:00 PM
I can imagine an IP ban as well. We will be their best advertisers. IP Ban us we goto statestider server were they are most likely hoping we will have friends that will join too.

They are making shitloads of money these days....why not widen the pool.

Only makes finanical sense...if it backfires they can simply remove the IP ban and the diehards will revert back to the land of lolies, JP.

It is never about you or me never, its about money.

Squire Grooktook
Nov 2, 2012, 05:34 PM
Depends on if my friends switch. If they do, I'll go to. If they are dead set on JP, then I'll stay.

Sammickk
Nov 2, 2012, 05:44 PM
I can imagine an IP ban as well. We will be their best advertisers. IP Ban us we goto statestider server were they are most likely hoping we will have friends that will join too.

They are making shitloads of money these days....why not widen the pool.

Only makes finanical sense...if it backfires they can simply remove the IP ban and the diehards will revert back to the land of lolies, JP.

It is never about you or me never, its about money.

everyone needs to remember this its ALL in the pursuit of money anyone with basic Money making skills should expect this, and if SOJ doesn't IP ban once the US server releases it would shock me.

Also if you couldn't have wormed your way into the japanese version in the first place then you wouldn't worry to death about the difference between what japanese had vs, US version.... i didn't give a crap, or even care when i played PSO/PSU years ago, as a matter of fact it never even crossed my mind.

This just further prooves my earlier posts, that SOJ should have NEVER let anyone but JP poeple on thier servers, so the US server would have a better chance of survival.
the proof is in about 3/4ths of the posts on this Thread!
Whether you realize it or not your hurting the US release for the rest of us who choose to wait. And i know SOA reputation isn't the greatest on the later years of the PSU days and so on, but I'm gonna give them their fair shot.

bottom line is this: no people = no money = no US server.

NotRankin
Nov 2, 2012, 05:52 PM
I might play the US, if I do it will only be if SoJ IP bans US players, or if a couple months have past. Being an early adopter of stuff tends to suck. Sides, I enjoy my team here. I'd hate to have everyone split up :c

ZcRaider
Nov 2, 2012, 06:10 PM
Wierd how so many people have a hard time getting AC.

Just use:

http://www.cn-usa.com/

Buy the webmoney. Use the Code after logging into Sega.jp.

Recieve AC.... Is it inflated a bit, not crazy high, but a few extra $$$ for the middle man.

Found that in a previous forum here. But all they ask for its a telephone identification.

After that you have a buy limit. But thats bogus if you ask me. I have orderd way over the limit they give you. All you have to do is just wait for an online rep to clear you. Its like 5mins for them to approve your transaction and you get the AC. Ive done it 5 times now with no hassle.

They do have a menu for other forms of ID. Even a real time map locator built into Firefox type Browsers. But I have only used the telephone ID once. Still get AC like a boss....

More on topic:

Ive spent exactly $180.53* over a period of 3 months. Dont plan on spending anymore money, but ya never know. Sega IS MAKING MONEY. So I know they would have no reason for an IP Ban unless its for unethical reasons. Upon that decision, i will be gone for good. I would never buy ANYTHING associated with sega again. It would be like eating the best cake in the world.....that has maggots living inside of it.

2 cents Deliver via USPS.

[SPOILER-BOX]*P.S: Im a working man. Some people blow $200.00 in nightclubs, Beer, Parties, and or Drugs (0_0) , in one day. I like my PSO2. What can i say.....[/SPOILER-BOX]

MissMalice
Nov 2, 2012, 06:11 PM
Speaking of the english/EU versions, the Android and iOS versions are supposedly coming out fairly soon [late this year, according to Wiki]. Personally, I can't wait until the PS Vita release comes out. c: Most of my game time is during the dead hours of work, so it'll be a lot easier to play than hulking my laptop to work everyday~

Noblewine
Nov 2, 2012, 06:34 PM
Most of the people I knew from PSU will be on PSO2 NA server. I'll probably see others I knew and ran with.

Lumpen Thingy
Nov 2, 2012, 07:28 PM
I plan to watch this one burn or not burn on the side lines

NotRankin
Nov 2, 2012, 07:56 PM
Speaking of the english/EU versions, the Android and iOS versions are supposedly coming out fairly soon [late this year, according to Wiki]. Personally, I can't wait until the PS Vita release comes out. c: Most of my game time is during the dead hours of work, so it'll be a lot easier to play than hulking my laptop to work everyday~

I completely forgot about the Vita version. That WOULD be great for work.

Gets so boring at 3am at a hospital with no one having computer issues =/

Z-0
Nov 2, 2012, 07:59 PM
^ Vita is exclusively online like the PC version though; are you sure you'd be able to play in a hospital? I know some that don't allow it because the waves can interfere with some machinery.

Dan Maku
Nov 2, 2012, 08:48 PM
Me and my friends will play both the English and JP version. In all likelihood, we will pay for the extra goodies in the English version since it will be cheaper than paying for stuff in the JP version.

Ark22
Nov 2, 2012, 10:50 PM
I will go NA, that's why i kinda stopped play the JP version plus I got 5 bucks in a $100 pot they will IP ban everyone once they release the other servers.

Griffin
Nov 2, 2012, 11:03 PM
I will go NA, that's why i kinda stopped play the JP version plus I got 5 bucks in a $100 pot they will IP ban everyone once they release the other servers.

I laughingly thought of the same thing. Since Sega, within their power, seems to be purging methods for us to purchase AC, perhaps they would see no reason for us to be playing on the servers if they aren't benefiting from our stay.

From my experience, when a server for a foreign region is established, the original server usually gains an IP block to encourage (force, rather) new foreign players to join the respective server, but not necessarily IP banning existing accounts. It's really their call. I hope we aren't blocked, but if we are, I'd have no choice but to be deported. lol

EvilMag
Nov 2, 2012, 11:12 PM
I still say we're not gonna get IP blocked.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 2, 2012, 11:17 PM
Given that they've publicly stated that they will not IP block foreign players, I would consider it a matter of reputation for them to keep to that promise. And if they do go ahead with an IP block in spite of that promise, then it's time for all of us to reconsider whether or not Sega is a company we should do business with any more, however painful it may be.

Of course, the caveat was that we could still be blocked under extreme circumstances, such as a major bout of hacking originating from overseas. We'll have to see if "extreme" also means launch of the NA servers. :3

Even if there is an IP block, there's always VPN services anyway.

Griffin
Nov 2, 2012, 11:32 PM
Even if there is an IP block, there's always VPN services anyway.

The concern is IP ban, not block. Don't game accounts have an IP under it from when the account was created?

If people lose their account, they lose everything. You'd be a bigger man than me if you were to go with VPN services just to start anew.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 2, 2012, 11:43 PM
@Griffin: If it is a ban on accounts from foreign IPs, then I'm not even going to bother playing after that. Sega wouldn't be worth the investment from that point onwards really, whether NA or JP.

Anyway, too early to worry methinks. Such a significant development wouldn't be done silently in any case I think. There would be an announcement around the same time the NA servers were about to go live.

Kimil Adrayne
Nov 2, 2012, 11:54 PM

In all honesty, it would make sense for Sega JP to do so.

blace
Nov 2, 2012, 11:57 PM
Well to anyone that hasn't checked the front page, which can be found by clicking here (http://www.pso-world.com/news/02483-over-13000-pso2-jp-accounts-suspended-malicious-activity-october), over 13,707 accounts were banned for RMT.

I get that it's free to play and a large number of people can get on with ease, but I can see that as a possible sign for the rest of the world that wishes to continue with the Japanese.

Other free to play games I've played on ban around 300-500 bots weekly, but to have banned over 13,707 in the course of four weeks is stretching things.

Griffin
Nov 3, 2012, 12:03 AM
but to have banned over 13,707 in the course of four weeks is stretching things.

Do you think a small percentage of that were innocent players? I don't really get how they can track that amount of RMTers to ban and it be so accurately done.

blace
Nov 3, 2012, 12:05 AM
You think a small percentage of that were innocent players? I don't really get how they can track that amount of RMTers to ban and it be so accurately done.
Could be just the few regulars that hang around in block 20 that spam symbol art. Who knows the exact number of bots that were banned and those that were innocent and accused of exploiting.

If such high numbers keep coming in, I don't see much of a chance of us staying on their servers.

Spellbinder
Nov 3, 2012, 12:11 AM
Reading the post on the pso2 website (the Japanese post), the number includes people who were cheating (using 3rd party tools, etc.), RMT accounts, as well as any players suspected of buying meseta from RMT companies.

Honestly, if you think they're swinging the ban bat around to deter foreigner, I think you're just being paranoid.

blace
Nov 3, 2012, 12:13 AM
Honestly, if you think they're swinging the ban bat around to deter foreigner, I think you're just being paranoid.
Unfortunately, RMT is the norm in any game outside of the widespread region locks. Being free to play, they're asking to get more attention as no payment is needed to get straight into the game and taking advantage of the in game economy.

Griffin
Nov 3, 2012, 12:17 AM

There's paranoia, then there's keeping an open mind on several outcomes.

Spellbinder
Nov 3, 2012, 12:26 AM
I'll simply refer back to Crystal_Shard's point from earlier. They've already stated publicly they have no intention of outright blocking foreigners from the JP servers, and going back on that statement would catch them a lot of heat.

Griffin
Nov 3, 2012, 12:27 AM
would catch them a lot of heat.

I'd say Sega grew a heat-resistant exoskeleton these past few years.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 3, 2012, 12:41 AM
@Griffin: There's keeping an open mind on all possible outcomes, and also focusing too hard on the most negative of all of them. Anyway, just relax for now. Fanning the flames will just feed any potential exodus even more. If Sega feels they can IP ban accounts safely, then so be it. I'll find another way through, or write them off altogether.

TheMagickHat77
Nov 3, 2012, 12:43 AM
I very much plan to play both. Most of my friends will likely stay with the JP version, so I'll play with them. Plus, the JP version will be well ahead of the US version and I'm sure there will be some things the US version will never get. PSO2 is just one of those games I'd have no trouble double-dipping into. :D

Griffin
Nov 3, 2012, 12:46 AM
lol I ain't worried. I'm one of few people who will play US if JP is no longer an option.

Also being too lazy to buy AC had its advantages; the only thing I'd lose is time, not money.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 3, 2012, 12:51 AM
@Griffin: Heh, the payment restrictions are a good way to rein in any AC buying sprees.

there will be some things the US version will never get.

This is a guaranteed fact. :3

CyberNei
Nov 3, 2012, 01:09 AM
Never, never I gonna switch to English servers. There's no more respect left in me to Sega of America.
Plus dubs... yes, ewwww...

the only thing I'd lose is time, not money.
Time is not a thing, that everyone possess, sadly.

NotRankin
Nov 3, 2012, 02:05 AM
^ Vita is exclusively online like the PC version though; are you sure you'd be able to play in a hospital? I know some that don't allow it because the waves can interfere with some machinery.

Short answer: We have wifi and we've had it for awhile with no problems reported. Except for some cords crapping out. I don't know a lot of the details, but if we had serious problems like interference, we would've removed it or found a fix for it.

yoshiblue
Nov 3, 2012, 02:55 AM
Question is, what ship will PSOW NA join?

NoiseHERO
Nov 3, 2012, 02:59 AM
NB4 we only get 2 ships max.

My bets on 1 ship, like every other localized game. (not like we need to be spread out.)

Drifting Fable
Nov 3, 2012, 03:11 AM
That depends if we have enough PSOWers to coordinate and come to a consensus on a "mothership".

My guess? We'll probably be on Ship 2 again because its what most of the community is used to.

blace
Nov 3, 2012, 03:11 AM
I'll probably jump onto a ship that isn't being used as a hub for major sites. Probably avoid the ship most people will undoubtedly gather from here, assuming there's more than one or two ships of course. For such a niche series, I doubt there will be that many people crowding them.

Syklo
Nov 3, 2012, 03:14 AM
I vote ship 0

Lostbob117
Nov 3, 2012, 03:15 AM
This thread was pretty pointless. Of course people will play the English Version, they also do.

Resanoca
Nov 3, 2012, 03:31 AM
This thread was pretty pointless. Of course people will play the English Version, they also do.

Guess I'm not people then. >:

blace
Nov 3, 2012, 03:45 AM
With the way it was put out, guess not.

Always is what you're looking for.

Of course there is always others that play any version of a game, just depends on if the current community is playing on it or not.

Sammickk
Nov 3, 2012, 09:38 AM
@Griffin: If it is a ban on accounts from foreign IPs, then I'm not even going to bother playing after that. Sega wouldn't be worth the investment from that point onwards really, whether NA or JP.

Anyway, too early to worry methinks. Such a significant development wouldn't be done silently in any case I think. There would be an announcement around the same time the NA servers were about to go live.

so let me get this straight, you get bitter against sega for wanting you to play on the server they created for you and your region????

Also where is the source that states they will not IP bock foreign ips? seriously not that i think your lieing i just want to read the article (NOT BEING SARCASTIC)

Lostbob117
Nov 3, 2012, 09:46 AM
Guess I'm not people then. >:

I meant other people.

Kimil Adrayne
Nov 3, 2012, 10:47 AM
One thing to think about is how, other than through Webmoney, we can't purchase AC anymore on the JP servers. At first this didn't matter to me, but now I find it a game breaking annoyance in the later levels of the game.

If you mess up a skill tree or your MAG, too bad, you're stuck with it. Inventory too cluttered? No expansions for you. That Premium membership... Nope, can't do that either. Got an item you could sell for loads on the market? HA, it stays un used in your bank for the rest of time.

I'm planning on switching to the NA version when it's out, so I can play the game in full again.

Drifting Fable
Nov 3, 2012, 11:07 AM
so let me get this straight, you get bitter against sega for wanting you to play on the server they created for you and your region????

Also where is the source that states they will not IP bock foreign ips? seriously not that i think your lieing i just want to read the article (NOT BEING SARCASTIC)

Welp, there's this article: http://bumped.org/psublog/sakai-addresses-the-tos-change-and-future-updates/

That's about all I can find, so as long as we play nice with the servers, everything is fine. Unfortunately, they just don't seem to be willing to spend so much on actually developing proper security. :-?

Sammickk
Nov 3, 2012, 11:38 AM
Welp, there's this article: http://bumped.org/psublog/sakai-addresses-the-tos-change-and-future-updates/

That's about all I can find, so as long as we play nice with the servers, everything is fine. Unfortunately, they just don't seem to be willing to spend so much on actually developing proper security. :-?

thank you i have been looking for this for a while, i have only found the clause itself, but what I gather from the article is, we have almost worn out our welcome. Still betting on the IP block Once NA has its own servers

Xaelouse
Nov 3, 2012, 10:00 PM
Maybe. It has been stated that it won't be long until NA version eventually catches up with JP, so lets put that aside.

I'll probably play, but won't take it seriously. Much like my ship 2 account (I play on 6).

Vahne
Nov 4, 2012, 12:23 AM
I am, already stopped playing the JP version very early due to difficulties with a rl friend. Willing to start afresh on a version I can actually understand without any real life people ruining my game experience. Plus I'd be playing the US version on Vita anyway (if they bring Vita version over).
Though whenever I decide to start learning Japanese I'll switch back and forth to practice.

KaiNova7
Nov 4, 2012, 10:34 PM
Im definitley playing on the english version and proud of it!
Cant wait to reunite with old friends and guild mates from pso/psu.
T.L.D. and DreamStar.
#Impatient

drummer829
Nov 5, 2012, 12:18 PM
i think playing the JP game has helped me for when the EN game comes out. I mean the first 4 hours of me playing I was running around not knowing what the hell to do. Also I am planning on getting a premium account to open a shop and other stuff. Even though the english patch helps SOOOOOO much, there are still a few things like conversations, items/weapons that would make the game more interesting

untrustful
Nov 5, 2012, 12:26 PM
One thing's certain, if not enough people give the english version a chance, it'll be doomed to failure. Just because a coin flips heads 3-5 times in a row doesn't mean it'll be heads again. I suggest for the skeptical people to make an account, then wait for like 2 months while staying at the jp server. If the english server suffers no issues in terms of updates/delays/whatever, then throw a little money money at it or play a little more on it, then wait another 2 months, etc.

gigawuts
Nov 5, 2012, 12:32 PM
Trust me, if PSO2's success hinges entirely on whether or not a couple dozen people from PSOW play it or not, SoA should start filing for bankruptcy right now.

If it's good enough to earn its keep, it would be fine regardless of what anyone here chooses to do. We in no way represent the modern gaming community at large. If they like it, it will do fine. If they don't, well, it won't.

This isn't on us, it's on Sega.

Darki
Nov 5, 2012, 02:39 PM
One thing's certain, if not enough people give the english version a chance, it'll be doomed to failure. Just because a coin flips heads 3-5 times in a row doesn't mean it'll be heads again. I suggest for the skeptical people to make an account, then wait for like 2 months while staying at the jp server. If the english server suffers no issues in terms of updates/delays/whatever, then throw a little money money at it or play a little more on it, then wait another 2 months, etc.

The problem is that this is not something subjected to pure "chance" as flipping a coin would be. SEGA has demonstrated that they're very incompetent and unsupportive to their international releases, and this has happened since PSO. That's a loong trail of "heads" if you count re-releases, episodes, portable versions and other stuff that we've been seeing this sort of behavior. Understand that in SoJ and SoA they don't flip a coin to decide when are they giving crap support and when good. If they've been this incompetent till now, chances are much slimmer than 50% for them to improve just because there's a new game on the franchise.

I play in the JP servers simply for three reasons. First is that it came early and I didn't feel like waiting. Second is because most of the people I play with did the same. And third because there's nothing I can think of that would pull me from that decision.

Also, I'm sorry, but I'm a bit tired of how people do like you trying to put the burden of this game's success into the player base itself. If not enough people decide to play the english version over the JP, and the english version does fail, there's nobody other than SEGA itself to blame for their inability to make it success. Let's put a simpler example: Imagine you have a bad quality overprized grocery store two doors from yours, and a shiny supermarket with good stuff at the other side of the town. Basically, you're telling me that I should buy in the crap shop to support them in hopes they improve, and not to go to the good shop. Shouldn't be the grocery store the one who improves itself first, in order to attract me, the customer? Damn, it's their fucking job.

I have no problems about switching to the english servers if they demonstrate that they are on par with the JP one (and I don't mean dates of releases, I don't care about it being delayer, it's only natural), and the fact that I gotta start again after half a year of progress in the JP server pays itself with the benefits of this new server. But I'm not the one who has to "sacrifice" and go into a server that I believe it's going to be crap (based on all previous experiences) to support them to make them work harder. It's them who should make the server good enough so that I want to play there. If they do that I'll gladly switch. if not, well, it's their fault, not mine.

Tokki
Nov 5, 2012, 11:37 PM
Depends.

I don't really trust SEGA overseas. They're the main reason SEGA is where it is now, when back in my day everyone knew what SEGA was. My country ran on SEGA, their games and consoles where the most bought!

Then something bad happened right around the time of Dreamcast and everyone forgot about them. The only thing younger kids around here know about SEGA is that their logo appears on the case of Bayonetta. -flips a table- ( ̄□ ̄;)

If SEGA JP doesn't ban overseas players and people keep making the English patch I'll probably stay on the Japanese servers. I'm scared that they will take away the Japanese voices, among other things and ruin the whole experience overseas. (* ̄m ̄)

However, if they plan this out really well and make a name for themselves early on, publicize this well, and work together with SEGA JP to make our experience overseas as fun as in Japan, I'll fully support them! (And here I go, throwing my money at an MMO again.)

And I don't want the same experience I got from AION! Europe had to wait a full year for 3.0! If SEGA overseas did the same, imagine how long we'd have to wait! We wouldn't even have Halloween events, X-mas events, etc., or if we did, it would always be the same thing. ( ゚ Д゚)

/rant.

Kirukia
Nov 6, 2012, 12:03 AM
I'll try it, but I like playing on the JP server. I'll have to see how many people switch over and how good SEGAC supports us (lol).

drummer829
Nov 6, 2012, 10:35 AM
Depends.

I don't really trust SEGA overseas. They're the main reason SEGA is where it is now, when back in my day everyone knew what SEGA was. My country ran on SEGA, their games and consoles where the most bought!

Then something bad happened right around the time of Dreamcast and everyone forgot about them. The only thing younger kids around here know about SEGA is that their logo appears on the case of Bayonetta. -flips a table- ( ̄□ ̄;)

If SEGA JP doesn't ban overseas players and people keep making the English patch I'll probably stay on the Japanese servers. I'm scared that they will take away the Japanese voices, among other things and ruin the whole experience overseas. (* ̄m ̄)

However, if they plan this out really well and make a name for themselves early on, publicize this well, and work together with SEGA JP to make our experience overseas as fun as in Japan, I'll fully support them! (And here I go, throwing my money at an MMO again.)

And I don't want the same experience I got from AION! Europe had to wait a full year for 3.0! If SEGA overseas did the same, imagine how long we'd have to wait! We wouldn't even have Halloween events, X-mas events, etc., or if we did, it would always be the same thing. ( ゚ Д゚)

/rant.

look at psu though. they did a fairly good job of doing those halloween, christmas events, etc... while doing routine maintenance. When that game first came out, i remember the 1st couple servers were jam packed and it wasnt too shabby (I was on 360 though). With the gameplay of PSO2, it will draw in many new players. Im really not too worried about the transition to EN

Yuzune
Nov 7, 2012, 10:27 AM
look at psu though. they did a fairly good job of doing those halloween, christmas events, etc... while doing routine maintenance. When that game first came out, i remember the 1st couple servers were jam packed and it wasnt too shabby (I was on 360 though). With the gameplay of PSO2, it will draw in many new players. Im really not too worried about the transition to EN

every people have different kind of opinion, if you really don't care about this game whether EN or JP so it's okay. you don't even have tell them they know about SEGA EN after all

as for me....well i'll stay at JP version, same as Tokki said, you can say i'm too picky or dumb for choose my own decision, that's i don't want to lose my beloved voice actor from JP version, but that's i can say till they planning to banned us from their server

and again just like Darki said, the SEGA itself have to try their best to attract us or make us wanting to play their game, and "there's nobody other than SEGA itself to blame for their inability to make it success"

simply matter just leave it to their decision ^.^, i'm not arguing~

TonyC
Nov 16, 2012, 11:38 PM
I will absolutely play the english version. One of the main things that I will play the english version for will be the story and be able to pay for stuff without jumping thru hoops.

drixil
Nov 16, 2012, 11:47 PM
I will definitely try it out due to curiosity, and that I will probably end up buying AC since I'm too iffy about doing it on the JP servers. Obviously I can't say for sure whether or not I'll stick with it, but I'm definitely going to try it.

Ace-zatzu
Nov 17, 2012, 12:14 AM

Feel the same way so prob not

Anduril
Nov 17, 2012, 12:53 AM
I will absolutely play the english version. One of the main things that I will play the english version for will be the story and be able to pay for stuff without jumping thru hoops.
These are my feelings as well. While I am enjoying playing on the JP servers, I feel like I'm missing a critical point of the game by not being able to understand the story.

r00tabaga
Nov 17, 2012, 02:02 AM
Spring 2013 can't come quick enuff

blace
Nov 17, 2012, 02:07 AM
Spring 2013 can't come quick enuff
Looks like it might make a January release, but that's only from speculation and Wikipedia. So it may come earlier than the previous 'early 2013' announcement months ago.