PDA

View Full Version : Techer Skill tree?

Link1275
Oct 28, 2012, 11:05 AM
So I just barely unlocked the Techer class, and I don't want to mess up it's skill tree like I messed up my Force skill tree. Would this be a good setup http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/old/01/techer.html?01TE!IOI2GOdqqq4XqncA4QId ?

Link1275
Oct 28, 2012, 11:32 AM
The Force tree is my current Force tree, the Techer is my projected skill tree http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?rAIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIbIn00000 0ib00000ib00000ib0000GOI2dsqngAfeAcA0008GOdqIdcFId I2Ik4QIN0006

freyt
Oct 28, 2012, 11:53 AM
Take a point out of wand gear. Take 5 points out of Resta Advance. And 3 points out of T-Def Up 1, and 1 point out of Just Reversal (You can get that from Force instead).

Then put all those 10 points into PP restorate.

1. Wand Gear isn't good.
2. Resta Advance shouldn't be needed. A charged Resta probably will heal everyone anyways.s
3. T-Def hopefully isn't needed. Even if, it's only 10 points. Not worth it.
4. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure getting two just reversals doesn't stack.

5. The gain from PP Restorate might not seem like it's good, but it is. Especially if you combine it with Charge PP Revival. You'll be able to spam charged techs for a good bit longer with that.

I don't think you'll need PP Convert after this, but if you find yourself really wanting it, sacrifice the T-Atk Up 2 and the PP Up to go for it. 1 SP to 1 PP just isn't worth it. And personally I prefer T-Atk over 30 second buffs, but it's still only 50 T-Atk and I think only 5 T-Atk if you subclass it.

Link1275
Oct 28, 2012, 11:59 AM
Take a point out of wand gear. Take 5 points out of Resta Advance. And 3 points out of T-Def Up 1, and 1 point out of Just Reversal (You can get that from Force instead).

Then put all those 10 points into PP restorate.

1. Wand Gear isn't good.
2. Resta Advance shouldn't be needed. A charged Resta probably will heal everyone anyways.s
3. T-Def hopefully isn't needed. Even if, it's only 10 points. Not worth it.
4. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure getting two just reversals doesn't stack.

5. The gain from PP Restorate might not seem like it's good, but it is. Especially if you combine it with Charge PP Revival. You'll be able to spam charged techs for a good bit longer with that.

I don't think you'll need PP Convert after this, but if you find yourself really wanting it, sacrifice the T-Atk Up 2 and the PP Up to go for it. 1 SP to 1 PP just isn't worth it. And personally I prefer T-Atk over 30 second buffs, but it's still only 50 T-Atk and I think only 5 T-Atk if you subclass it.
Ok, I already put the point into Just Reversal though, so I can't remove that(in the game).

So like this:
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?rCIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIbIn00000 0ib00000ib00000ib0000GOI2dsqngAfeAcA0008GOIdIdcFId I2cF0000 ?

MAXrobo
Oct 28, 2012, 12:37 PM
Why is the wand gear bad? it is a huge boost to your melee damage. for only one point, it makes your 3 hit normal chain do the same damage of about 5 hits.

Arada
Oct 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
Wand Gear is probably the second best thing you can get in that tree, don't pass it up.

Eman2417
Oct 28, 2012, 12:56 PM
As powerful as it may be, wands are slow and have horrible range. By the time you fill up your bar and try to hit something with it your team will already murder everything.
I personally only find it useful on vol.

freyt
Oct 28, 2012, 01:17 PM
Maybe it's just me, but Wand Gear only doubles my normal attack which in comparison is nowhere near the strength of any of my techs. So right there, I've pretty much tossed it out the window, but on top of that it is a slow attack, so not much faster than a charged tech, and it has a really short range. As a techer, why do you want to be at a short range? Your maximum damage is dealt from (nearly) ANYWHERE which means nearly unlimited safety.

The only reason I find it remotely viable is when you've ran out of PP and you have nothing else to do, which everyone should already be using Gunslash's gun mode to regain that PP as fast as they can, which again, is from a good distance.

However, it's saving grace IS that it's only one point. Spend on it if you will. I'd probably take points out of Poison Boost to make up for both Just Reversal and Wand Gear. I don't see a +3% chance of poison making that big a difference, especially on trash mobs.

Link1275
Oct 28, 2012, 01:19 PM
Maybe it's just me, but Wand Gear only doubles my normal attack which in comparison is nowhere near the strength of any of my techs. So right there, I've pretty much tossed it out the window, but on top of that it is a slow attack, so not much faster than a charged tech, and it has a really short range. As a techer, why do you want to be at a short range? Your maximum damage is dealt from (nearly) ANYWHERE which means nearly unlimited safety.

The only reason I find it remotely viable is when you've ran out of PP and you have nothing else to do, which everyone should already be using Gunslash's gun mode to regain that PP as fast as they can, which again, is from a good distance.

However, it's saving grace IS that it's only one point. Spend on it if you will. I'd probably take points out of Poison Boost to make up for both Just Reversal and Wand Gear. I don't see a +3% chance of poison making that big a difference, especially on trash mobs.
So more like this?
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?rCIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIOI2IYIkIbIn00000 0ib00000ib00000ib0000GOI2dsqngAfeAcA0008GOdqIdcFId I2cFIe0008

freyt
Oct 28, 2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah exactly like that.

Some considerations:
If you're never going to use Dark Techs, those points are better spent elsewhere. Dark Techs are pretty powerful though.
If anyone convinces you PP Convert is worth it, you could take that whole T-Atk 2 line out. It's not THAT beneficial. (Wind Mastery, PP Up, and T-Atk 2). You'd then have a couple of points to spare. I don't think you'll need it.
Elemental Weak Hit is PROBABLY more beneficial than T-Atk 2 as well. Objectively I say go for that. Subjectively I say keep it how it is. If you did, you'd then even have another 8 points to spend from PP Up and Wind Mastery. You could put that into anything. (like Shifta Advance)

Link1275
Oct 28, 2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah exactly like that.

Some considerations:
If you're never going to use Dark Techs, those points are better spent elsewhere. Dark Techs are pretty powerful though.
If anyone convinces you PP Convert is worth it, you could take that whole T-Atk 2 line out. It's not THAT beneficial. (Wind Mastery, PP Up, and T-Atk 2). You'd then have a couple of points to spare. I don't think you'll need it.
Elemental Weak Hit is PROBABLY more beneficial than T-Atk 2 as well. Objectively I say go for that. Subjectively I say keep it how it is. If you did, you'd then even have another 8 points to spend from PP Up and Wind Mastery. You could put that into anything. (like Shifta Advance)
I do use Dark techs in F. Continent, and in my opinion, being able to equip weapons sooner makes the T-ATK lines worth it.

Z-0
Oct 28, 2012, 01:50 PM
If you're going FO/TE, you can equip everything anyway providing your mag has a decent amount of T-Atk.

Stat ups aren't worth it unless there's nothing else you can put points into that would be worth it to you.

Eternal255
Oct 29, 2012, 12:18 PM
1. Wand Gear isn't good.

Wand gear is amazing. dont listen to him. people still dont seem to understand that techer is not meant to be a technique spamming class.

GET WAND GEAR. Especially if this is your only talent tree. It only costs one point, out of the 60 you will have at lvl 50.

I'd post my tree but I play a really weird Fighter/techer class where i focus on melee, t-atk, PP and dark spells, but either way, leveling techer, wand gear was amazing. Whether or not you plan on maining techer, its definately worth getting.

gigawuts
Oct 29, 2012, 12:28 PM
Gears are one of those things that you always get because an entire ability and playstyle being opened up to you is far superior to 1% damage, even if you don't think you'll use it at first. I didn't think I'd like sword gear, and I loved it so much I dropped the cash to buy a skill tree specifically to specialize in sword gear.

Get all gears, always. Maybe not all of them on every tree, but always have every gear available to you through some tree or another.

Zorafim
Oct 29, 2012, 01:56 PM
people still dont seem to understand that techer is not meant to be a technique spamming class.

No, it's not. Force is. And subbing force on techer gives you all of its strengths.

Subbing force makes techer so much stronger, to the point where none of the skill boosts are even worth it. The weakness of force, though, is lack of PP. The solution is obvious.
Cap PP restorate, and PP convert. Convert is basically a mag blast whenever you want. It's active for a huge amount of time, allowing you incredible burst very often.

Jonth
Oct 29, 2012, 02:34 PM
There is so much you can do with Techer, and it is silly to say that Wand Gear is pointless. If all you want to do is Tech, then you will probably want to Main Force, and sub Techer for the alternate element specialization, buff boosts, and PP regen abilities. So yeah, in that case, forget Wand Gear.

However, say you want to do what the class is actually designed for, which is being a hybrid between melee and teching, then definitely get the Wand Gear. Your best option in this case is probably to Main Techer, and sub something besides Force. Hunter or fighter would be the best options here. If you sub in Hunter, and get Guard Stance, you now have a super survivable Techer, that has only a quarter of its' melee ability crippled (consider that the penalty is halving only the melee damage of the wand, and not the tech splash from the gear), has full powered techs, and can buff and heal.

Z-0
Oct 29, 2012, 04:12 PM
Convert is basically a mag blast whenever you want. It's active for a huge amount of time, allowing you incredible burst very often.
No, it isn't. It has the same durations as Photon Flare; 30s uptime and 120s cooldown.

In my opinion, it's simply not worth the SP for something so temporary. Just max Restore.

Zorafim
Oct 29, 2012, 05:24 PM
Yes, and that's longer uptime and a shorter cooldown than a mag blast. With that duration and cooldown, a quarter of your time can be spent with infinite PP. If you have something to hit the whole blast, this will also allow you to fill up your mag's gauge, allowing you to spend some of the time not converted under a mag blast.

Mind, this is in conjunction with Restore. The two work off each other. From what I've heard, only lv3 convert is needed to keep your PP at a good level during a convert. But I'll have to test that. Restore probably is a better option, all things considered.

freyt
Oct 29, 2012, 10:13 PM
There is so much you can do with Techer, and it is silly to say that Wand Gear is pointless. If all you want to do is Tech, then you will probably want to Main Force, and sub Techer for the alternate element specialization, buff boosts, and PP regen abilities. So yeah, in that case, forget Wand Gear.

However, say you want to do what the class is actually designed for, which is being a hybrid between melee and teching, then definitely get the Wand Gear. Your best option in this case is probably to Main Techer, and sub something besides Force. Hunter or fighter would be the best options here. If you sub in Hunter, and get Guard Stance, you now have a super survivable Techer, that has only a quarter of its' melee ability crippled (consider that the penalty is halving only the melee damage of the wand, and not the tech splash from the gear), has full powered techs, and can buff and heal.

And then you have to spam techs to charge Wand Gear.

Kinda kills the point of that.

And where are my Wand PA's?

Kitess
Oct 30, 2012, 10:45 PM

I thought that was the whole point of techer spam skills then hit stuff with your wand to refill your pp :x.

anyway I was just wondering what everyone thought about this tree I plan on using auto attacks a lot and then saving photonflare/convert for when I need to unload huge amounts of dmg.

Also how many points into convert would i need to not run out of pp while its up :x
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?rDIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIbIn00000 0ib00000ib00000ib0000kbI22SqnqnJ0000i4OdqldI2J24QH N0006

freyt
Oct 30, 2012, 10:54 PM
Looks like that build is over by 1 point... gonna have to sacrifice something... like maybe Wand Gear.

That might be the point of Techer. I don't know. But the problem is with PP Restorate and PP Revival, you're just wasting your time if you want to attack instead of spam more Techs. And Gunslash can do the job faster.

With PP Restorate at 10 you shouldn't run out of PP too often. Mainly during e-trials or PSE bursts you'll have to worry about that (and I guess bosses). But then you can in fact just use Convert since you're getting it. Or your Photon Blast. I've gotten my Photon Blast ready again by the time (or around the time) it just finished it's job (no PB Chain).

GoldenFalcon
Oct 30, 2012, 10:59 PM
I'd suggest he drop 2 points from PP Convert (which makes it 20% less effective, but oh well, it's overkill as is), and put a point into wind mastery
and a point on the force tree into bolt mastery

And PP Convert should be the last thing to put points into, so you can get a feel of if you need to increase its recharge multiplier

gigawuts
Oct 30, 2012, 11:05 PM
That force tree is...similar to mistakes many of us made when the game was new. Maxing photon flare isn't as good as maxing tech charge advance 2, for one. I'm sure there are forces who can give you a full break down.

Kitess
Oct 30, 2012, 11:08 PM
If that's the case ill just take points out of pp restorate, I honestly would not of even got points into it if it was not necessary to get element weak hit. I just don't know where to put the left over though. Also, the point of wand gear is to always be hitting the enemy with an element they are weak too would also do more dmg than gunslash and I don't like switching weapons that often,but I guess it's a personal thing I don't see the point in going techer as main class if you are not going to use a wand and hit stuff.

Kitess
Oct 30, 2012, 11:10 PM
That force tree is...similar to mistakes many of us made when the game was new. Maxing photon flare isn't as good as maxing tech charge advance 2, for one. I'm sure there are forces who can give you a full break down.
I was actually wondering that and figured that the maxed photon flare would make up for it but i guess charged tech dmg is usefull all of the time instead of during a long cd ty ^^

Zyrusticae
Oct 30, 2012, 11:12 PM
My advice:

- Avoid all active abilities on Force or Techer. Too long cooldowns for too little benefit.
- Specialize in one element at a time. +140% damage is HUGE. Bigger than anything else you can possibly get. The game seriously rewards specialization. If you're going to be generalist, go for PP restore, charge PP revival, Tech JA Advance/Charge Advance and +T-Atk/Def, but your damage will suffer as a result.
- Buy more skill trees. Sorry, if you're playing a technique-using class, you must have multiple skill trees. No getting around it. I mean, you can play with one skill tree, but you're going to be either stuck with one element or stuck with a generalist setup. Either way, it's not doing you any favors (and skill trees are cheap anyways, at roughly $6.28 each).

By the way, charge PP revival + PP restore is HILARIOUSLY effective. SO MUCH PP REGEN.

I still prefer seeing 2k+ damage megids, however, so I skip on it for Dark Mastery I and II. Mmm, tasty numbers~

Kitess
Oct 30, 2012, 11:25 PM
My advice:

- Avoid all active abilities on Force or Techer. Too long cooldowns for too little benefit.
- Specialize in one element at a time. +140% damage is HUGE. Bigger than anything else you can possibly get. The game seriously rewards specialization. If you're going to be generalist, go for PP restore, charge PP revival, Tech JA Advance/Charge Advance and +T-Atk/Def, but your damage will suffer as a result.
- Buy more skill trees. Sorry, if you're playing a technique-using class, you must have multiple skill trees. No getting around it. I mean, you can play with one skill tree, but you're going to be either stuck with one element or stuck with a generalist setup. Either way, it's not doing you any favors (and skill trees are cheap anyways, at roughly $6.28 each).

By the way, charge PP revival + PP restore is HILARIOUSLY effective. SO MUCH PP REGEN.

I still prefer seeing 2k+ damage megids, however, so I skip on it for Dark Mastery I and II. Mmm, tasty numbers~
From what i was told high lv fo/te can get through the game with great ease spamming rafoie if they wanted even if it isnt the optimal way i would rather generalize and be decent at alot of the elements than really good at one

ShilohSham
Oct 30, 2012, 11:38 PM

Don't have any issue charging my wand gear up on bosses or mobs for that matter, heck 2 zan cast and you wand gear is fully charged?

as for the wands being slow, there about as fast as swords

playing techer like a force is wrong and anyone who think like that just need to main force.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 30, 2012, 11:51 PM
My advice:

- Specialize in one element at a time. +140% damage is HUGE. Bigger than anything else you can possibly get.

My force tree will have maxed charge advance 1, 2, and T-Atk 1 and 2 (and 1 point in ice/bolt mastery)
My techer tree will have maxed restorate, element weakpoint, T-Atk 1, and Shifta Advance (even though it's pretty lulzy) and 1 point in wind/dark of course

My only gripe is no bolt save

And I honestly think this will be more effective than having 4 force trees and 4 techer trees

Kitess
Oct 30, 2012, 11:53 PM
Ok so i downloaded chrome and went over to the jp wiki and your right the % bonuses are kinda crazy and the flat bonuses on the cds do seem a huge waste of sp =/.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?rAIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIbIn00000 0ib00000ib00000ib0000AoIk2XcK000064OdqrKidI2J20000
thats my current plan though imma sit on points till i try out all the dark/light spells(might have to buy themD:)

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 06:55 AM
My force tree will have maxed charge advance 1, 2, and T-Atk 1 and 2 (and 1 point in ice/bolt mastery)
My techer tree will have maxed restorate, element weakpoint, T-Atk 1, and Shifta Advance (even though it's pretty lulzy) and 1 point in wind/dark of course

And I honestly think this will be more effective than having 4 force trees and 4 techer trees

Get bolt save! It's so great, especially since zonde got such a massive buff. Now it costs 13 PP and deals a ton more damage. Coupled with some 16 PP zondeel you have utter devastation at close range. Nothing like vacuuming an entire wave of a dozen spardanA's and sparguns into a zondeel, then blsating with a zonde, and having them all die before the zondeel even goes down.

Kimil Adrayne
Oct 31, 2012, 10:03 AM
I'm planning on subbing Techer on my Fighter for that Wartecher feel. I don have a build saved, but I'm planning on spending points like this:

* 10 Shifta Boost
* 10 Shifta Crit
* 10 PP Revival
* 10 Elemental Weakness
* 5 Resta
* 5 Light
* Wand Gear
* Everything along the way needed to get the above

I'm contemplating Territory Boost. How are Territory Boost, Elemental Hit, PP Revival, Resta (for a non force), and the Shifta Boosts?

I'm focusing on Crit Boosts, because I'm not bothering with Dexterity and need those criticals to keep my damage up.

Zyrusticae
Oct 31, 2012, 11:41 AM

It won't be.

For example, this is what I'm running right now (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?rDIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIPI2IRI2IbIn00000 0ib00000ib00000ib0000GBH22SId00006GOdqldjrKIk0006) . Between Dark Mastery and Tech Charge Advance I get *1.2 *1.2 *1.1 *1.03 times more damage. In other words, if my tech does 1000 before these buffs, they now hit for 1631 damage(!). Plus I have T-Atk maxed as well on my Force tree and T-Atk 1 on the techer tree. This is borne out in-game with my megids hitting for over 2k apiece(!!). Hell, if you go with the Wind tree, you get that +144% damage AND T-Atk 2 for even more damage.

That +140% pp regen is really nice, but it pales in comparison to having the ability to just outright nuke everything with impunity. Every time I try the pp restore tree I just end up frowning at my damage output. It just can't compare. Big numbers are king!

Spellbinder
Nov 1, 2012, 01:57 AM
I'm planning on subbing Techer on my Fighter for that Wartecher feel. I don have a build saved, but I'm planning on spending points like this:

* 10 Shifta Boost
* 10 Shifta Crit
* 10 PP Revival
* 10 Elemental Weakness
* 5 Resta
* 5 Light
* Wand Gear

I'm contemplating Territory Boost. How are Territory Boost, Elemental Hit, PP Revival, Resta (for a non force), and the Shifta Boosts?

I'm focusing on Crit Boosts, because I'm not bothering with Dexterity and need those criticals to keep my damage up.

I can't say anything about Shifta Critical, but unfortunately the Shifta Advance (i think thats the name) has negligible effects even at level 10.

Pirrip
Nov 1, 2012, 07:06 AM

* 10 Shifta Boost
* 10 Shifta Crit
* 10 PP Revival
* 10 Elemental Weakness
* 5 Resta
* 5 Light
* Wand Gear

Territory boost is not as big of a deal as you might think. In Multi-party areas, you may find yourself arsed because you have to activate this skill before you can use shifta or deband. And by the time you've activated the skill, some players may have already decided to run ahead.

Also, I admire divising a strategy to deal with balancing those low-damage hits if you know you don't want to invest in Dex.
If you plan to invest to max out Chase Advance on your Fighter Skill Tree, however, I'd like to recommend considering not investing into Shifta Critical, but rather in Poison Ignition. After all, poison ignition dishes out massive damage, and spreads poison to other enemies, where you can take advantage of the %40 increase in Striking damage on your maxed out Chase Advance.

I made a suggestion to another player earlier about trying this build here:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2876159&postcount=2

Coatl
Nov 1, 2012, 03:59 PM
So they'll be giving techer a much needed buff.
Anyone have an idea what it could be?

GoldenFalcon
Nov 1, 2012, 04:03 PM
So they'll be giving techer a much needed buff.
Anyone have an idea what it could be?

I just wish Techer gains T-Def to match Force
Anything else would just be icing, since Techer is great

Z-0
Nov 1, 2012, 04:04 PM
Here is what I think they should be doing:

- Increase the power of the Shifta and Deband Advances. At this point, they're pretty much useless. Rather than increase the power of S/D itself by 10%, make S/D boost stats by 10% more.
- Make Territory Burst a Passive Skill, with larger range increases as the level goes up. Barring that, they should make it act like the HU / FI stances, with larger range increases at higher levels.
- Wands should have forward movement, and also swing faster.
- Wands should cast techs slightly faster. Right now, they feel extremely stiff and slow.
- PP Convert should be able to be active for much longer, while nerfing the PP restoration itself (level 10 gives 100PP in 3 seconds).

To be fair though, all boosting their skills is going to do is make FO better as well... they'll probably just boost Wands as a whole.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 1, 2012, 04:11 PM
- Increase the power of the Shifta and Deband Advances. At this point, they're pretty much useless. Rather than increase the power of S/D itself by 10%, make S/D boost stats by 10% more.

I forgot about this glaring issue
Right now, a Shifta that adds 100 gives 10 more
But with Shifta Advance maxed, it would give like 60 more, since 600 base T-Atk is not uncommon

Spellbinder
Nov 1, 2012, 08:03 PM
I forgot about this glaring issue
Right now, a Shifta that adds 100 gives 10 more
But with Shifta Advance maxed, it would give like 60 more, since 600 base T-Atk is not uncommon

Could you run that by me again? I'm not sure I understand where those numbers are coming from. (and can't seem to find the formulas for how shifta's effect is calculated).

Edit: Found one of my old posts about shifta, but could you still elaborate a bit on that example if you'd be so kind?

gigawuts
Nov 1, 2012, 09:15 PM
It's been worked out to be utterly useless. It should really be up to +50%, or give flat bonuses to all buffs (e.g. exactly 100 points, which would benefit low stats very well, which for 10 SP it damn well better be that good for SOMETHING)

edit: Territory boost being a passive skill is a big want of mine too. That shouldn't require an activation period, or if it has to keep it just make it a stance-style 10 minute boost.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 1, 2012, 09:59 PM
Could you run that by me again? I'm not sure I understand where those numbers are coming from. (and can't seem to find the formulas for how shifta's effect is calculated).

Edit: Found one of my old posts about shifta, but could you still elaborate a bit on that example if you'd be so kind?

I used the premise that Shifta would normally give 100 T-Atk to this person
But with Shifta Advance maxed, it would give 110 instead

Coatl
Nov 1, 2012, 11:38 PM
Here is what I think they should be doing:

- Make Territory Burst a Passive Skill, with larger range increases as the level goes up. Barring that, they should make it act like the HU / FI stances, with larger range increases at higher levels.
- Wands should have forward movement, and also swing faster.
- Wands should cast techs slightly faster. Right now, they feel extremely stiff and slow.
- PP Convert should be able to be active for much longer, while nerfing the PP restoration itself (level 10 gives 100PP in 3 seconds).

To be fair though, all boosting their skills is going to do is make FO better as well... they'll probably just boost Wands as a whole.

As much as I would love this, I also have to say a lot of those would be necessary.

Eh. If wands did more melee damage and casted techs faster than rods, I'd have a hard time deciding which would be better for dps. I mean, the force classes are a burst damage class after all.

PP convert does wonders when placed in the hands of a fighter main, among other classes. I don't think it really needs a buff, and if the techer improves the use of the skill will improve as well.

The rest I think are an improvement techers really need.

Kitess
Nov 1, 2012, 11:54 PM
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html?iYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIYIkIbIn000000i b00000ib00000ib0000nbI22SIkjbncAIk0006nbdqrKidI2FS 0000
Thats my new current plan since i have tried all techs other than the ones that drop from rare bosses x-x, also would someone mind telling me what lv lightning techs drop in pp cost and by how much?

also on the subject of techer buffs from the little experience i have had (playing a irl friends for 20mins) the only thing they need to buff is wand attack speed.

Spellbinder
Nov 2, 2012, 01:26 AM
I used the premise that Shifta would normally give 100 T-Atk to this person
But with Shifta Advance maxed, it would give 110 instead

Depends on the player's stats I suppose, but I can give a quick example while no one's paying attention here at the office. :-P

Base T-ATK: 1000 (easy figure)
Base T-ATK + Shifta(Lv14): 1000 x 1.193 = 1193 T-ATK

*Shifta Advance (unfortunately) is not additive, but multiplicative.
*Shifta(Lv14) + Shifta Advance(Lv10) = .193 x 1.10 = .2123

So if you have maxed Shifta Advance with Shifta you get this:

Base T-ATK: 1000
Base T-ATK + Shifta(Lv14) + Shifta Advance(Lv10) = 1000 x 1.2123 = 1212

So you get an extra 20 T-ATK, or an extra +2% in Shifta's strength depending on how you look at it. Definitely not worth 10 points.

D-Inferno
Nov 2, 2012, 03:35 PM
What I'm probably going to do is max one element + Weak Hit Advance with three techer trees, which PP restorate being close to maxed in the case of Wind and Dark.

UnLucky
Nov 16, 2012, 03:20 AM
Unless Shifta/Deband Advance increase the buff duration and/or see a much bigger increase, buff range increase becomes a passive skill, and Element Weak Hit becomes worth sacrificing everything else to make good use of it, Techer sucks and is only for the PP regen.