PDA

View Full Version : Spec Recommendation for upcoming PSO2 NA version

Lyddie
Oct 28, 2012, 08:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to PSO-World So hey everyone~! and I've had questions as to what computer specs would be better to play PSO2 NA and JP.
(Sorry if this isn't the spot for it. .__. )

I currently have a few I like, but not sure if they will be satisfactory to play PSO2.
I'm hoping you guys can tell me which one is better or if I should keep looking for something else. ( I'm not really familiar with the names and whats better then what.)

I want to play the game normally, I don't want to have to play the game at the lowest settings.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

1st) Specs

[spoiler-box]Model #:
NV77H34u
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edition
Processor:
2.5GHz Intel Core i5-2450M dual-core processor
(up to 3.1GHz Turbo Boost)
Memory:
4GB DDR3 (supports up to 8GB max.)
Hard Drive:
500GB 5400RPM SATA
Graphics:
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Video Memory:
128MB of dedicated memory
Cache Memory:
3MB L3[/spoiler-box]

2nd) Specs

[spoiler-box]Model #:
7250-0209
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor:
AMD Dual Core Processor 1.65GHz
64-bit processor
Memory:
4GB DDR3 1066MHz (supports up to 8GB)
Hard Drive:
500GB SATA 5400RPM
Graphics:
ATI Radeon HD 6320M
Video Memory:
2GB dedicated
Cache Memory:
1MB [/spoiler-box]

3rd) Specs

[spoiler-box]Model #:
7750G-6857
Operating System:
Processor:
2.5GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core i5-2450M
64-bit processor
Memory:
6GB DDR3 1066MHz (supports up to 8GB)
Hard Drive:
500GB SATA 5400RPM
Graphics:
ATI Radeon HD 7670M
Cache Memory:
3MB [/spoiler-box]

4th) Specs

[spoiler-box]Model #:
g7-2223nr
Operating System:
Windows 8 64-bit
Processor:
2.5GHz AMD dual-core A4-4300M accelerated processor
Memory:
4GB DDR3 (expandable to 8GB)
Hard Drive:
500GB 5400RPM SATA
Graphics:
AMD Radeon HD 7420G with up to 2029MB total graphics memory
Cache Memory:
1MB L2 cache [/spoiler-box]

Thanks again for the help. I'm really hopeless when it comes to finding what I need to play.

Konflyk
Oct 28, 2012, 08:23 PM
How about building a PC instead, or is laptop your only option? If so just grab a Laptop with the following

A10 CPU
4GB RAM
HDD 250GB+

Otherwise, I recommend a Desktop

XxRodnutzxX
Oct 28, 2012, 08:26 PM
How about building a PC instead, or is laptop your only option? If so just grab a Laptop with the following

A10 CPU
4GB RAM
HDD 250GB+

Otherwise, I recommend a Desktop

Will this laptop you recommended run the game at maximum setting? I already have a desktop that can run the game fine on max settings. After playing the JP version for some time I'm pretty sure I'm gonna play PSO2 super hardcore. Since I won't be home all the time, I'd love to have a laptop with me that I can play on.

Any recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Konflyk
Oct 28, 2012, 08:34 PM
A10 is the highest APU on the market made by AMD and it's been proven in benchmarks that it outdoes i5/i7 + onboard GPUs from Intel. You can google why the A-Cores are better there are plenty of review sites so I don't need to write a book on it, but if the choice is between Intel/AMD just get an A10 or A8(if you need to budget) anything less than either of those is a loss for you. They also come with Mid level GPUs on the CPU.

Ezodagrom
Oct 28, 2012, 08:35 PM
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to PSO-World So hey everyone~! and I've had questions as to what computer specs would be better to play PSO2 NA and JP.
(Sorry if this isn't the spot for it. .__. )

I currently have a few I like, but not sure if they will be satisfactory to play PSO2.
I'm hoping you guys can tell me which one is better or if I should keep looking for something else. ( I'm not really familiar with the names and whats better then what.)

I want to play the game normally, I don't want to have to play the game at the lowest settings.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks an advanced!

[spoiler-box]1st) Specs

The Key Specs

Model #:
NV77H34u
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edition
Processor:
2.5GHz Intel Core i5-2450M dual-core processor
(up to 3.1GHz Turbo Boost)
Memory:
4GB DDR3 (supports up to 8GB max.)
Hard Drive:
500GB 5400RPM SATA
Graphics:
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Video Memory:
128MB of dedicated memory
Cache Memory:
3MB L3

2nd) Specs

Model #:
7250-0209
Operating System:
Processor:
AMD Dual Core Processor 1.65GHz
64-bit processor
Memory:
4GB DDR3 1066MHz (supports up to 8GB)
Hard Drive:
500GB SATA 5400RPM
Graphics:
ATI Radeon HD 6320M
Video Memory:
2GB dedicated
Cache Memory:
1MB

3rd) Specs

Model #:
7750G-6857
Operating System:
Processor:
2.5GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core i5-2450M
64-bit processor
Memory:
6GB DDR3 1066MHz (supports up to 8GB)
Hard Drive:
500GB SATA 5400RPM
Graphics:
ATI Radeon HD 7670M
Cache Memory:
3MB

4th) Specs
Model #:
g7-2223nr
Operating System:
Windows 8 64-bit
Processor:
2.5GHz AMD dual-core A4-4300M accelerated processor
Memory:
4GB DDR3 (expandable to 8GB)
Hard Drive:
500GB 5400RPM SATA
Graphics:
AMD Radeon HD 7420G with up to 2029MB total graphics memory
Cache Memory:
1MB L2 cache [/spoiler-box]

Thanks again for the help. I'm really hopeless when it comes to finding what I need to play.
A desktop would be better than a laptop, you can get desktops with better specifications than laptops at the same price, but if you must get a laptop, the 3rd in your list is not bad, at the very least it's better than the other options you listed and should be able to handle the game at medium settings or so (preset 3).
It probably can run the game at max settings, but I don't think it would be able to keep up a smooth framerate (depends on the screen resolution though, at a resolution like 1920x1080 it probably would play at a low framerate at max settings).

Lyddie
Oct 28, 2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I can get a desktop. I just prefer laptops since I travel.
and also building a PC sounds really complicated to me, especially since I'm not really familiar with equipment. But I'll look into it.

As for a Desktop I was eyeing this one lately.

AMD FX-6100 processor
3.30GHz, 8MB L3 Cache
8GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 32GB)
1TB SATA hard drive
NVIDIA GTX 560 Series Graphics
With 2GB dedicated graphics memory

(My Budget is about 800~900+) No more then 950. u.u

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 28, 2012, 09:12 PM
also while your at it why not try JP PSO2 its free to download and you can see what you want to do in the NA version

Lyddie
Oct 28, 2012, 09:18 PM
I've played the JP version and Loved it so much <3 . But my old Laptop wasn't so good graphic wise, then kind of busted about a month or so after. So that's why I guess I'm asking. I want to make sure I'm getting the right equipment.

eharima
Oct 28, 2012, 10:11 PM
JEP?
Also build PC, buy vita!

Lyddie
Oct 28, 2012, 10:32 PM
Vita is also on my list. :3

Can anyone recommend a good PC building site? Easy to understand and what not~?

Also JEP? ;o

XxRodnutzxX
Oct 28, 2012, 10:51 PM
A10 is the highest APU on the market made by AMD and it's been proven in benchmarks that it outdoes i5/i7 + onboard GPUs from Intel. You can google why the A-Cores are better there are plenty of review sites so I don't need to write a book on it, but if the choice is between Intel/AMD just get an A10 or A8(if you need to budget) anything less than either of those is a loss for you. They also come with Mid level GPUs on the CPU.

Thank you! I'll look into this...

Chik'Tikka
Oct 28, 2012, 11:06 PM
didn't read most of the thread, but if you only have the 4 laptops to choose from, only 3 has a separate GPU with VRAM (GDDR5 @ 900 MHz), the 1st two and last PC's GPUs don't have VRAM and instead use the system's RAM (all of which is DDR3) which can be a drawback if you want to play at max settings+^_^+ so I'd say pick laptop 3 as imo any game will run better on a GPU with it's own VRAM+^_^+

although, if you can choose to, i highly recommend building a desktop which will have probably double the performance for the same price+^_^+

ZeGoose
Oct 29, 2012, 09:35 PM
Here
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131393

A10 with integrated and dedicated GPU. Enough storage, though if you have the money upgrade to an SSD for another $80-100 for 120GB. It is fairly straightforward to install it. Just match the slot with the plug. Also, comes with 1600Mhz RAM for the integrated GPU if you want to preserve battery life.

As for building desktop that will take some effort on your part. If you are willing to learn how to build one you can always watch them on youtube and you can use this build I made for someone as a guide.

Seraphus
Oct 29, 2012, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw

Last I remembered, it was a pretty straightforward, informative video but I already had the know-how for building desktops. I recommend building a desktop, you get to learn something and it's cheaper.

Lyddie
Nov 22, 2012, 01:02 PM
Hey again guys, sorry for the necro. I just didn't want to make another thread involving specs an what not.
Hurricane sandy hit me pretty hard so I haven't been able to update or post. I still didn't get the computer because of obvious reasons. But I was looking online and I saw this pc I thought looked pretty good. Any feedback would be great. If its a keeper I plan to get it sometime this weekend.:P

AMD Bulldozer 3.60Ghz 4MB l2 cache
FX-4100 quad core processor
GeForce GT610 graphics
8gb DDR3 SDRAM system memory
1TB SATA hard drive

Thanks in advanced again~

Ezodagrom
Nov 22, 2012, 01:16 PM
GeForce GT610 graphics
That graphics card is really weak, don't get it.

Lyddie
Nov 22, 2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks~ for the quickness~ ill keep looking :3

Okay. I upped the graphics card.

AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI Expess 2.1
Video card

Tcrusader51
Nov 22, 2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I can get a desktop. I just prefer laptops since I travel.
and also building a PC sounds really complicated to me, especially since I'm not really familiar with equipment. But I'll look into it.

Everyone is different. However, I feel that building a destop isn't as hard as some make it sound. You can easily go to youtube and search for some videos on how to build your own pc. Most of the videos will tell you the case and hardware needed and will even give you a step by step tutorial.

The only thing you will probably need to worry about is making sure the hardware you buy isn't under your needed specs and maybe even over your needed specs since you are on a budget.

Lyddie
Nov 23, 2012, 08:13 AM
That's what I'm totally worried about. XD