PDA

View Full Version : Duman/Dewmans

Fandom Ruck
Oct 29, 2012, 08:27 PM
Sifted around the first couple of pages of search results here and didn't want to bump a 4 month old poll on race speculation. I read somewhere that in some coding that Dewmans were mentioned somewhere. Maybe this is old news but I was just wondering on people's thoughts and opinions on the potential addition of that 4th race and what people could want from it?

If I didn't search well enough through the site and there's a similar topic to this, feel free to merge this and apologies in advance.

Konflyk
Oct 29, 2012, 09:13 PM
Inb4 Beast PSU fans.

Duman is supposed to be a glass cannon like the newman except melee attack oriented, higher S-atk than Casts with higher T-atk than Humans but just below newmans, their def is supposed to be the worst from the data mining, I also believe they had the highest ability? Not sure would have to look at the chart again.

Vashyron
Oct 29, 2012, 09:27 PM
You can see their stats here.

Base (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_final/pso2_2012_10_12_base_stats.txt)!
Modified (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_final/pso2_2012_10_12_modified_stats.txt)! (Keep in mind that HU/RA/FO stats at Lv51+ are still broken.)

Fandom Ruck
Oct 29, 2012, 09:28 PM
Just noticed the edit on my post, my apologies.

Do you think the Duman choice will be released with the Worldwide edition?

Konflyk
Oct 29, 2012, 09:48 PM
Doubt it, they'll probably consider releasing them once the number of players start dying down, their creativity in new enemy/area creation starts to fall, or they can find a way to impliment them into the story.

Mike
Oct 29, 2012, 10:01 PM
Just noticed the edit on my post, my apologies.
No problems.

Doubt it, they'll probably consider releasing them once the number of players start dying down, their creativity in new enemy/area creation starts to fall, or they can find a way to impliment them into the story.
I'm expecting them to show up in an Episode 2 / AotI kind of release, perhaps needing a micro-transaction to unlock.

Crystal_Shard
Oct 29, 2012, 10:40 PM
I'm expecting them to show up in an Episode 2 / AotI kind of release, perhaps needing a micro-transaction to unlock.

I'm all for it if we get racial specialties as well. I do think that dewmans won't be an AC unlock item, but will just be a new option during character select. They'll be expecting people to buy new character slots I'd imagine.

Flame
Oct 30, 2012, 01:13 AM
Im not sure what the addition of another race would add. They're all practically identical as it is.

BIG OLAF
Oct 30, 2012, 01:15 AM
Inb4 Beast PSU fans.

Looks like I was too late.

Xaeris
Oct 30, 2012, 01:27 AM
Im not sure what the addition of another race would add. They're all practically identical as it is.

The shape of my avatar's ears greatly influences my game experience, I'll have you know.

Syklo
Oct 30, 2012, 01:52 AM
The shape of my avatar's ears greatly influences my game experience, I'll have you know.

We hear you,

Loud and clear.

Mike
Oct 30, 2012, 02:11 AM
That's the question. Making them a 2nd-best, glass cannon like they were in Infinity would likely just mean that they would be worse at taking hits than the existing three races without any particular advantage. In Infinity, they also had a special blast that was type and type level dependant but since PSU-style blasting doesn't exist in this game, I'm not sure how Dewmen will play.

Skye-Fox713
Oct 30, 2012, 02:56 AM
Inb4 Beast PSU fans.

Shuchs Wasn't fast enough.

Crystal_Shard
Oct 30, 2012, 03:43 AM
As for lore, lets be honest. It wouldn't matter. PSU's racial storyline was more awkward than anything else, in my opinion. PS0 had a more interesting story about the various races, but that was hardly the focal point of the game. In PSO2 now, I think there's really zero explanation about why there are casts or newmans running around. It wouldn't be any kind of leap to just suddenly throw in dewmans or beasts or toaster-shaped casts called coasts. There's not really any PSO2 racial lore to violate by doing so.

Lore-wise, there is a possible angle - Darker infected human/newman/cast characters, especially with the teaser video to the upcoming Destroyer of History update. If the fleet's going to get totalled, you can bet that there will be possible "survivors" with a darker infection eventually. It's true that there's little emphasis on why the races are the way they are right now though, but that might change in future. I don't recall PSZ jumping straight into that topic from the start.

In any case, the big question is still what Mike is saying - what advantage would players have for buying a new slot for a Dewman character. I think it'll be the perfect excuse to add special traits to all the races personally, but knowing Sega though, I suspect they'll just make Dewmans overpowered and ignore the others. XD

Vashyron
Oct 30, 2012, 05:24 AM
Why someone would play that race? There are tons of people out there that would gladly trade defenses for higher attack.

Lore-wise like everything else they could add, it can all be easily explained by "lol photons."

The story: very early on in PSO2, people stared into the dark heart of the game's data files and datamined the race-gender modifiers. Long story short, every class has specific stats at a given level, and these are then multiplied by modifiers based on your race and gender. Predictably, they found the values for male and female for human, newman, and cast. Unpredictably, dewman was in there too. Here's a table with dewmans thrown in.

But there was really nothing else in the game regarding dewmans. Most likely, race-gender mods got drawn up very early in the development process, and dewmans being in there is simply a relic of an unimplemented idea from that stage.

Honestly, if they ever _did_ make it in, they'd almost certainly scrap the modifiers already in-game and rebalance them from scratch. So it's purely speculation as to how they'd turn out. It's almost certain they'd be like the other races in that their racial modifiers would be relatively small, though.

Nope. The stat tables don't even have anything identifying each race besides the actual stats from where the stats were pulled from.

The final list of base and modifier stats were linked to Dewman by the conclusion that those stats fit the previous series race of Dewmans. Not solid enough evidence right?
Then comes the other part that there are tons of references to Dewmans by name in other places in the game such as character creation modifications and strings for item race restrictions specifying Dewmans. Which was enough obvious data to link the mysterious last stat table to them.

If you also saw what I posted on the first page they got updated FIGUTE stats, plus what I mentioned about the item race restrictions it was only added in some update after the game's actual release, plus a extra blank one.
Which I guess I should also mention there are references to "Beast" in generic lists detailing Races, but absolutely nowhere near as much to go on like Dewmans.

(I would of expected them to have made eye patch accessories long ago if they weren't already planning for Dewmans.)

gigawuts
Oct 30, 2012, 07:03 AM
No problems.

If we ever have that I think it'll be a box set you buy in the stores, as done with so many games, except this one will have the super convenience of buying your content pass online! How many games do that?!

PokeminMaster
Oct 30, 2012, 07:52 AM
Dewmans... I remember thinking about this, and noticing something interesting. Considering the three new Classes are focused on close-range combat, I see something in the two known races that have not been added (or may never be added)...

1) Dewmans would excel at being Techer, with high Striking and Tech Power.
2) Beasts could excelt at being Fighter, bashing enemies with incredible power.
3) Not sure of a third race that could excel at Gunner... Maybe some sort of cyborg?

Anyone else notice this...?

darkante
Oct 30, 2012, 09:45 AM
Beasts? I do hope they get in (with tail choices at the start)
Canīt resist their fluffy and smexy transformation style. ^^
Not sure how that would work though, unless everyone else gets their thing.

INB4IKNEWSOMEONEWOULDSAYIT

gigawuts
Oct 30, 2012, 10:05 AM
no

no beasts allowed pls

Ce'Nedra
Oct 30, 2012, 10:23 AM
This isn't PSU2. This is PSO2. No beasts and no Dewmans...Stick with the original 3 races please...

Though if they do make them...Dewman Fighter/Techer combo would be beast

Jakosifer
Oct 30, 2012, 10:28 AM
Meeeeeh, if this were actually PSO2, we could grind our own shit without failure chances. This is KSO2. Where new races are a possibility, and are highly likely to be AC skins.

Srsly though. We already have Overend, the best thing Dumans had going for them is now available to the WWA. Fuck

gigawuts
Oct 30, 2012, 10:37 AM
Srsly though. We already have Overend,

OR DO WE?

Jakosifer
Oct 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
NO WE DON'T THERE IS NO PROOF SHOW PROOF I'M PARANOOOOOID

Skyly HUmar
Oct 30, 2012, 03:51 PM
This isn't PSU2. This is PSO2. No beasts and no Dewmans...Stick with the original 3 races please...

Though if they do make them...Dewman Fighter/Techer combo would be beast

If this was PSO2 wheres my charge vulcans and tjs that actually does something othet than get swung arround?

Rika-chan
Oct 30, 2012, 04:10 PM
If this was PSO2 wheres my charge vulcans and tjs that actually does something othet than get swung arround?

Screw charge vulcans. Meanwhile, I would love TJS :-o

Omega-z
Oct 30, 2012, 07:54 PM
Some what of a problem, is that the other three races might just look like them anyways without adding them in at all. AC Skin's anyone. But for real's you can make just about almost everything anyway's. Example you can make Dezorian/Delorian's in the game and make it look very close to Raja the True Super Sayin Force race. So, to me we already have 4 races. :rappy: - ( from the Classic's if you didn't know :) )

Spoiler[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=32028[/SPOILER-BOX]

Skyly HUmar
Oct 30, 2012, 09:05 PM
Some what of a problem, is that the other three races might just look like them anyways without adding them in at all. AC Skin's anyone. But for real's you can make just about almost everything anyway's. Example you can make Dezorian/Delorian's in the game and make it look very close to Raja the True Super Sayin Force race. So, to me we already have 4 races. :rappy:

Spoiler[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=959&pictureid=32028[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh god that looks badass. My man, I give you props.

Omega-z
Oct 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
Skyly HUmar - He's even bald too just like the race on Dezoris/Deloris.

BIG OLAF
Oct 30, 2012, 10:10 PM

Original races? Dezolians? Motavians?

ShilohSham
Oct 30, 2012, 10:22 PM
really if we going to go adding new races lets add

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/9251/1107416-gryz_large.gif#.UJCZzW_A-6A

that the only race we need added

gigawuts
Oct 30, 2012, 10:39 PM
really if we going to go adding new races lets add

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/9251/1107416-gryz_large.gif#.UJCZzW_A-6A

that the only race we need added

I would love this so hardcore. Man, to hell with furries, let's get some beaks and feathers up in this shit.

Wait, do they have feathers? I don't even know, I haven't played those games. It looks like a bird with ears though.

ShilohSham
Oct 30, 2012, 11:40 PM
I would love this so hardcore. Man, to hell with furries, let's get some beaks and feathers up in this shit.

Wait, do they have feathers? I don't even know, I haven't played those games. It looks like a bird with ears though.

to me gyra race was always blue owls (grant at the time I was 7 so) but yea that what I would like

NoiseHERO
Oct 30, 2012, 11:46 PM
I heard that's not a beak and that they're really just blue wookies.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 31, 2012, 12:09 AM

Disregarding the fact it's just replacing one animal race with another....

I personally prefer Nekos, so what the hell. :-?

Omega-z
Oct 31, 2012, 12:30 AM
I did an ok job on making a Motavian, but without the fur and snout it's harder to recreate it. Hope for a future addition to the game's CC to be able to do so. Hmm feathers? like rappy? we have suit's for that. Well Musk-Cat's would be the Nekos your looking for (since にこ is cat in Japanese ), but they would be better suited for MAG/PM help. Unless you mean Niko-chan's or Cat-women which then can be any race. But Yeah there's 12 race's in the PS Franchise, so enough to pick from.

Resanoca
Oct 31, 2012, 01:21 AM

Though if they do make them...Dewman Fighter/Techer combo would be beastI guess the fact we're going from planet to planet unlike PSO means we won't find some other race.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 31, 2012, 01:27 AM
What about a certain masked fellow?

Syklo
Oct 31, 2012, 01:32 AM
Meta Knight?

GoldenFalcon
Oct 31, 2012, 01:34 AM
Meta Knight?

Yes, he-
oh hello
Meta Knight is obviously a Duman

Resanoca
Oct 31, 2012, 01:45 AM
Yeah, his hair is interesting. That'll be the racial difference the mountain dewmans will have. Mutli-colored hair.

Though uh...one of the NPCs. Ravel? She reeks of Dewman.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 31, 2012, 01:48 AM
Yeah, his hair is interesting. That'll be the racial difference the mountain dewmans will have. Mutli-colored hair.

Though uh...one of the NPCs. Ravel? She reeks of Dewman.

/totally behind on story

picture?

Resanoca
Oct 31, 2012, 01:50 AM
/totally behind on story

picture?
She's the one giving you COs for killing darkers.

Newman, red eyes, grey skin, and an intense hatred for darkers.

Edit:

[spoiler-box]http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n595/Resanoca/AAAAA.jpg[/spoiler-box]

GoldenFalcon
Oct 31, 2012, 01:53 AM
She's the one giving you COs for killing darkers.

Newman, red eyes, grey skin, and an intense hatred for darkers.

Oh, the newman with boobs
/derp

I never knew her eyes looked so murderous

Resanoca
Oct 31, 2012, 01:53 AM
Oh, the newman with boobs
/derpActually, never noticed, but she does have a big pair. D:

Skye-Fox713
Oct 31, 2012, 01:54 AM

By that description it would still be a furry.

Disregarding the fact it's just replacing one animal race with another....
I personally prefer Nekos, so what the hell. :-?

Indeed, personaly I would prefer to see beasts to return a bit like a Neko with ears and tail. I think this pic can show better than what I can explain - http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/art/Jey-rend-JOE-color-1-8-fin-48701398 , or another example would be the Mithra face of FF11 where it wasn't just a human with cat ears and a tail. The face had adjustments to appear more feline so to speak. Or you can look at my characters face in my signature.

I heard that's not a beak and that they're really just blue wookies.

That is probably more accurate to what they are. What's his name on the forums that's played PS 1-4 several times could probably give a more accurate answer.

Syklo
Oct 31, 2012, 02:05 AM
Yes, he-
oh hello
Meta Knight is obviously a Duman

I don't even know what a Duman is....

the only PS i played other than PSO2 is PSZ (PS0)

Mike
Oct 31, 2012, 02:30 AM
I don't even know what a Duman is....

the only PS i played other than PSO2 is PSZ (PS0)
Dewmen are the result of the combination of a virus, created by the main(-ish?) bad guy in Phantasy Star Universe, and the attempted vaccine for this virus. It's not too hard to imagine why they would exist in PSO2 (Darker infected humans)) but the question of what would make them unique in PSO2, aside from stats, still exists.

EDIT:
For the heck of it, some Dewman design pics from Infinity:
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=14724
Default female

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=14725
Default male

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=14720
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1153&pictureid=14721
The Dewman NPC Nagisa and her sword. Infinity's story mode revolves around her.[/spoiler-box]

Sizustar
Oct 31, 2012, 02:33 AM
Dewmen are the result of the combination of a virus, created by the main(-ish?) bad guy in Phantasy Star Universe, and the attempted vaccine for this virus. It's not too hard to imagine why they would exist in PSO2 (Darker infected humans)) but the question of what would make them unique in PSO2, aside from stats, still exists.

Dewman only outfit/accessory ala. Cast?

Mike
Oct 31, 2012, 02:40 AM
Dewman only outfit/accessory ala. Cast?
They were fleshies in Infinity and I'd have a hard time thinking of them as anything else in PSO2.

GoldenFalcon
Oct 31, 2012, 02:44 AM
Well, outfits that say "Duman Only" instead of "Not Cast"

Also, I would hope that they have completely different Story Missions, with their matterboards having different NPC talk/mission tablets as replacements

Chik'Tikka
Oct 31, 2012, 02:52 AM
so dewmans were vampire so to speak??? +^_^+ behold the rush of EMOs if they ever get released!!

Xaeris
Oct 31, 2012, 02:53 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought "vampire" looking at those pictures.

Crystal_Shard
Oct 31, 2012, 03:19 AM
Rather than duman only costumes, how about a 3 piece mutation system? It'll just be a mirror of the parts system used by casts and they won't have to add new OP gameplay options to make them stand out.

On another note, rather than a distinct race, maybe it'll be a permanent class/cosmetic change you can apply to an existing character. Character keeps their racial looks, but you get additional accessories and change racial stats to duman, regardless of your oiginal race.

Mike
Oct 31, 2012, 03:20 AM
so dewmans were vampire so to speak???
If "tainted by evil" means vampire, then I guess you could say they were vampires. They didn't drink blood or do anything but their blasts were them tapping in to that power. Speaking of, this is what it looked like in Infinity.
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1308&pictureid=14735
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1308&pictureid=14734
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1352&pictureid=15738[/spoiler-box]

Well, outfits that say "Duman Only" instead of "Not Cast"
I'm sure the accounting department at Sega would love that. More race-based clothing in to the real money RNG cash shop!

Also, I would hope that they have completely different Story Missions, with their matterboards having different NPC talk/mission tablets as replacements
That would be pretty cool. If Sega fleshed it out to the same level as the current story quests, that might be something I could get in to.

On another note, rather than a distinct race, maybe it'll be a permanent class/cosmetic change you can apply to an existing character. Character keeps their racial looks, but you get additional accessories and change racial stats to duman, regardless of your oiginal race.
Also a pretty cool idea.

eharima
Oct 31, 2012, 03:26 AM
ドゥドゥ 
dodo
doudou
duuduu....
DUMAN

holy ship. he has got that swag class outfit also...

Coatl
Oct 31, 2012, 03:54 AM
The stat differences between classes at lv50 aren't too much to care.
But at lv80, we'll be seeing large gaps between races and their classes.

Macman
Oct 31, 2012, 04:04 AM
The stat differences between classes at lv50 aren't too much to care.
But at lv80, we'll be seeing large gaps between races and their classes.
What are you deriving this from?

Konflyk
Oct 31, 2012, 04:18 AM
What are you deriving this from?

Sakai P. told him, didn't you know he got connections? :beer:

Coatl
Oct 31, 2012, 04:27 AM
My uncle who works for Sega informed me of it.
You all have uncles who work for sega too. Ask them yourself. =.=

Keiko_Seisha
Oct 31, 2012, 04:50 AM
Please add Furor Victoria along with Dumans.

In white, obviously. Keiko needs her frilly dress back.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 31, 2012, 05:56 AM
Original races? Dezolians? Motavians?

This isn't PS...this is PSO2. So Human Cast Newman only please

[Ayumi]
Oct 31, 2012, 06:52 AM
so dewmans were vampire so to speak??? +^_^+ behold the rush of EMOs if they ever get released!!

Hey now, I rushed to make one on PSPo2i because I like the pale almost looking dead look.
I'm not emo.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 07:00 AM
dragonkin should be playable race

also dahgash too

Valkyrie Lovrina
Oct 31, 2012, 07:03 AM
honestly I would love to see Dewmans in PSO2. I just need to see their PSO2 concept art.

dragonkin should be playable raceyou know, I've been thinking about Dragonkin being a possible race ever since Open Beta.

also dahgash tooDahgash Race? lol...

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 07:06 AM
dahgash would be op with daggers nvm

Darki
Oct 31, 2012, 07:54 AM

As you said, this is PSO2, not PSO. So unless you're also against each and every feature of this game that comes from any other game that is not PSO I suggest you not to make hypocritical comments. Internally and technically speaking this game should be as "PSU2" and PS as it is PSO, regardless of its aesthetics. The idea is to build it from the successes of each previous games, not to ignore most of them. To do that you could just go play PSO.

I don't really care if they add new races, though. I like what we have. I miss beasts from PSU but I'd rather have a whole new beast-like race that is not just a human with different ears. Something more animalistic, perharps, with different clothing and customization options that are exclusive to them (something more similar to what beasts look like when they blast?). Same with dumans, I'd rather have them as some sort of bizarre hybrid between a dagan and a human than just a Bram Stoker ripoff fused with a spanish bullfighter/folk dancer...

Omega-z
Oct 31, 2012, 08:42 AM
Ce'Nedra - This is also not PSO This is PSO2, they can do anything they want. By Original races not even Newman/Neuman's & Cast's count. The only one's that do are Human's, Musk-Cat's, Dezolian's, Motavian's. Even tho it was mainly Human's and the later two were like the Dragonkin and Lilipain's ( semi/enemies ). I can see them Dragonkin and Lilipain's being new races as well bumping that number to 14. Just more Skin's that's all.

Halcyote
Oct 31, 2012, 09:11 AM

what's a human

there's only newmans and they're all female and tiny

Sebastian & PSO
Oct 31, 2012, 09:38 AM
I find it annoying that they would even consider releasing a new class and not do it from the very start. We'll see whole lobbies full of 'Duman' class running around.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 31, 2012, 09:44 AM
I find it annoying that they would even consider releasing a new class and not do it from the very start. We'll see whole lobbies full of 'Duman' class running around.

That being said, we already see mostly loli newmans running around the lobbies....

I wouldn't mind a change.

And I'm pretty sure Duman is a new race, not a class.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 31, 2012, 09:57 AM
As you said, this is PSO2, not PSO. So unless you're also against each and every feature of this game that comes from any other game that is not PSO I suggest you not to make hypocritical comments.

How is my opinion that I only want these 3 classes hypocritical?

Also people need to stop thinking that I ment the PS races by saying "original PSO races" I just mean the 3 races that we got to play in PSO, nothing more nothing less. It's just my opinion. If they add Dewman and Beasts go for it, I might even play them, but I rather just see Human/Newman/Cast myself.

[Ayumi]
Oct 31, 2012, 11:21 AM
That being said, we already see mostly loli newmans running around the lobbies....

I wouldn't mind a change.

And I'm pretty sure Duman is a new race, not a class.

While I like how Dumans look, I rather see a million newmans.
We need more newmans of all shape, sizes, and definitely colour.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 31, 2012, 11:39 AM
;2876557']
We need more newmans of all shape, sizes, and definitely colour.

That's enough of a change for me, honestly. The "Oh, I'm so short and cute!" thing wears thin when that's all. you ever. see.

Also; needs more Casts. Not Caseals, I demand more kickass refrigerators, STAT!

[Ayumi]
Oct 31, 2012, 11:50 AM
That's enough of a change for me, honestly. The "Oh, I'm so short and cute!" thing wears thin when that's all. you ever. see.

Really? I got many newman friends (and partners to go along with them)
Tall, short, fat, skinny, peach/brown/orange (I haven't seen anyone as pale/white as me), slutty/sophisicated/cute. But "many" are just the ratio to the bajillion of caseals I got that I'm sick and tired of (no offense to my caseal friends of course lol).

Skye-Fox713
Oct 31, 2012, 11:52 AM

And fill them to the brim with beer!

Darki
Oct 31, 2012, 12:09 PM
How is my opinion that I only want these 3 classes hypocritical?

Also people need to stop thinking that I ment the PS races by saying "original PSO races" I just mean the 3 races that we got to play in PSO, nothing more nothing less. It's just my opinion. If they add Dewman and Beasts go for it, I might even play them, but I rather just see Human/Newman/Cast myself.

I'm not in any way against your opinion on this game not needing more races. As I said I wouldn't really care if they added more or not, I'd rather not have new ones if that means just more ears.

My only problem is that saying "this is PSO2 not PSU2" gives me the impression that you are against them only because of some sort of what I call "selective nostalgia sense" that makes many people be against random stuff that subjectively reminds them of another game of this saga while enjoying and supporting others because they like them. See, I could use the exact same reasons if I said "I don't want the players able to change their clothes, this is PSO2 not PSU, there should be one class-one permanent outfit" (of course I'm not saying that PSU is the first game that made characters able to customize their clothes, but it is the fist one of this saga). And I don't see that many complaints about that, surprisingly. If you're going to argue that clothes sustomization is not an exclusive feature from PSU, we could say the same about beast-like or vampire-ish races in other MMOs.

If you'd rather have those races only because that's one of the aspects that you liked from PSO, I couldn't complain about it, but a slightly different thing is stating that "those races shouldn't be in PSO2 because it's not PSU2" in absolutes and not saying the same about every detail that this game takes from PSU I think it's hypocritic.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 31, 2012, 01:08 PM
I'm not in any way against your opinion on this game not needing more races. As I said I wouldn't really care if they added more or not, I'd rather not have new ones if that means just more ears.

Alright that's cool, it sounded to me that you had a problem with my opinion on the matter.

My only problem is that saying "this is PSO2 not PSU2" gives me the impression that you are against them only because of some sort of what I call "selective nostalgia sense" that makes many people be against random stuff that subjectively reminds them of another game of this saga while enjoying and supporting others because they like them. See, I could use the exact same reasons if I said "I don't want the players able to change their clothes, this is PSO2 not PSU, there should be one class-one permanent outfit" (of course I'm not saying that PSU is the first game that made characters able to customize their clothes, but it is the fist one of this saga). And I don't see that many complaints about that, surprisingly. If you're going to argue that clothes sustomization is not an exclusive feature from PSU, we could say the same about beast-like or vampire-ish races in other MMOs.

Hmm you're right on this point, though I didn't mean to imply im against Dewmans or Beasts simply because they were in PSU and not PSO. In fact I love the mix of PSU and PSO they used so far, its like picking the best parts of both games. I just rather have this look more like PSO rather then PSU (its called PSO2 afterall, and yes I know, diffrent game, can't compare etcetc) and if they add Beasts and Dewmans (as cool as they were, I played both mind you) I just rather have this game stick more to the PSO vibe and stay with just Humans/Newmans/Casts personally. Sorry if I gave any false impression of hating a race cause it was in PSU or something, wasn't intended.

I
If you'd rather have those races only because that's one of the aspects that you liked from PSO, I couldn't complain about it, but a slightly different thing is stating that "those races shouldn't be in PSO2 because it's not PSU2" in absolutes and not saying the same about every detail that this game takes from PSU I think it's hypocritic.

Ok thanks for clearing that up cause I had no idea why it would look hypocritic to you.

Lostbob117
Oct 31, 2012, 05:18 PM
I doubt they will input Dumens unless there was a way to transform into one, or get another free character slot. Cause if not there will be problems with the people who don't want to pay for a new character slot and/or start over their character.

jooozek
Oct 31, 2012, 05:22 PM

Am I CAST enough? (http://sadpanda.us/images/1235801-D1X9DW9.png)

[Ayumi]
Oct 31, 2012, 05:22 PM
I doubt they will input Dumens unless there was a way to transform into one, or get another free character slot. Cause if not there will be problems with the people who don't want to pay for a new character slot and/or start over their character.

I would like this idea to transform into one. I've already the skin colour of a Duman.
Even then though, won't it only be humans?