PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Controller PSO2 Compatibility?

o S E N S E I o
Oct 29, 2012, 10:11 PM
Hi guys, yes i know that you can use 360 controllers for PSO2 as long as it's wired and also a wireless if you have an adapter but sadly i have a wireless controller with no adapter and i do not have the ability to get one, i heard that there is a way to get your "plug and play" 360 controller charger to make your computer think its a wired controller, so the question is how to i make wireless controller + plug and play charger+ computer= PSO2 awesomeness (controller style lol)

Chik'Tikka
Oct 29, 2012, 10:21 PM
you can't, unless you know your way around a soldering iron+^_^+ which i don't recommend unless you know what your doing+^_^+ i say go to e-bay and search for 360 wireless PC adapter+^_^+ get from a trusted seller and you should be good, only $8-$12 at the most+^_^+ (you don't have to get an OEM one, as long as it's a high rated long time seller, the Chinese patent rip-offs should work just fine)

Pirrip
Oct 29, 2012, 10:25 PM
I had this issue when my wireless adapter stopped working. I really had no other choice. I tried using a logictec controller and wasn't really satisfied with it. I ended up just sucking it up and investing in the wired controller.

o S E N S E I o
Oct 29, 2012, 10:39 PM
i might have read this wrong but the person in this forum had the same problem i did but he found away around it i believe (like i said i mightve misread it)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198860&page=2

Chik'Tikka
Oct 29, 2012, 10:51 PM
i might have read this wrong but the person in this forum had the same problem i did but he found away around it i believe (like i said i mightve misread it)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198860&page=2

as far as i know, that guy ended up using a regular wired controller (not a wireless with charge cable)+^_^+ if you happen to have a bricked 360 laying around, you can try this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vivEdSPJm4c
(not best vid i know, use Google!! i just grabbed 1st one i found, no doubt the Chinese e-bay adapters are made from red ringed xboxs har har)

o S E N S E I o
Oct 29, 2012, 11:04 PM
lol i dont xD

Miraclearrow
Oct 30, 2012, 08:09 AM
Ya, unless you start doing some soldering to the PCB you're not gonna be able to. Not sure if you have a PS3 on the other hand but there are programs like "motionjoy" that let you plug and play with PS3 controllers. Seems kind of backwards. That said, just go out to like (I'm in Canada) circuit city, and get a madcatz controller or something of the nature for 15 bucks. It will be plug and play and you can set all the buttons within the controller menu in control panel.

o S E N S E I o
Oct 30, 2012, 03:41 PM
i do have a ps3 actually

Misaki Ki
Oct 30, 2012, 03:46 PM
I had this issue when my wireless adapter stopped working. I really had no other choice. I tried using a logictec controller and wasn't really satisfied with it. I ended up just sucking it up and investing in the wired controller.

360 adapter right?

The fuses on those are pretty weak, and break easily. Typically when they die, that's what happened. What you can do is open it, and bypass the fuse with a small amount of solder.

I'm sure there's a guide out there, so try looking for one. It really is a 5 minute fix.

o S E N S E I o
Oct 30, 2012, 03:50 PM
how do i make my ps3 controller work for it?

Link1275
Oct 30, 2012, 07:27 PM
Search "Motioninjoy".

o S E N S E I o
Oct 30, 2012, 07:36 PM
hey quick question will this xbox controller work for pso2 even though its the game stop third party brand?

Chik'Tikka
Oct 30, 2012, 08:54 PM
hey quick question will this xbox controller work for pso2 even though its the game stop third party brand?

so as long as it's NOT wireless it should work just fine+^_^+ plug it in and go+^_^+ though the default controls might need re-mapping if you don't like what SEGAC gives you, but that can be done from in game options+^_^+

o S E N S E I o
Oct 30, 2012, 09:05 PM
nvm i figured it out plz close thread