PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Adjustments and Fixes in the Near Future

Pages : [1] 2

Z-0
Oct 31, 2012, 08:02 AM
Source: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=572

Note: If anything is incorrect, please tell me.

---

Sakai has recently posted a list of user complaints and what the development team plans to do about it. They are extremely concerned about the longevity of the game; too many people hit 40 in September and they don't want a repeat of people being stuck at the level cap with nothing to do. They also don't want the game to be too easy that everything is done quickly.

---

Complaint: The EXP from 41 onwards is too steep.

Response: They are considering another nerf to the experience required. Right now you pretty much have to focus on one class, and this wasn't really the plan. Any change will be coming early November.

---

Complaint: The level cap Client Orders need to have their item numbers reduced.

Response: The level cap Client Orders will have the required numbers reduced. Any change will be coming early November.

---

Complaint: Rare Bosses are too rare.

Response: Rare boss rates will be increased Early November.

---

Complaint: Rare Items are too rare.

Response: 7*~9* items will have their drop rates increased. Due to the increase of rare boss enemies, it's believe that 10* items will now be easier to obtain. Any change will be coming early November.

---

Complaint: Some Matter Board items are too rare.

Response: After defeating a certain amount of an enemy, the item will drop regardless. This change will be coming in December.

(I might be reading this incorrectly, will need someone to check)

---

Complaint: Techers need an improvement.

Response: With a variety of skills and whatnot, Techers will attempted to be improved. This will come in early November.

---

Complaint: Some 10* weapons are too mediocre for being 10*.

Response: The following items may receive a boost:

- Berkverger
- Noise Blower
- Vardha Cannon
- Umblla Stick
- Vardha Beat
- Magical Wand

Any changes will be coming early November.

---

Complaint: The Premium Set does not offer enough.

Response: The following things are being considered:

- An extra amount of FUN gained from Premium.
- Maximum amount of COs held to be 40.
- Increase the amount of Symbol Arts held.
- Add a special premium drink to the medical centre (providing it's not an upgrade to the EX, I'm fine with this. Don't want unfair benefits in TA, lol).

FUN and CO increases are being implemented in December, while the other two points are still being considered.

---

Complaint: We want to block NPCs in our MPAs.

Response: They will be adding a checkbox to block NPCs in the party menu. To make MPA matching easier, players who do not tick this box upon creating a game cannot enter your MPA randomly (so boss rushers will not be joining rooms, unless they tick no NPC for some reason). If you join an MPA with the no NPC checkbox, your party settings will automatically have this checkbox entered.

This change will be coming in December (not soon enough!)

---

Complaint: It's hard to find games in another block.

Response: There will be a new option added; Find Party in Another Block. This will show the parties in the quest you choose in another block, so it is easier to find games.

This change will be coming in December.

---

Complaint: Team Chat Balloons should be able to be hidden.

Response: Will be done. Change coming in November.

---

Complaint: Unregistered friends should not be able to call your Friend Partner.

Response: If you remove a friend from your friend list, the Friend Partner will no longer show up for the removed friend. This change will be coming in December.

---

Complaint: One should be able to stop people auto-following you.

Response: You will be able to disable people following you in parties. This change will be coming in December.

---

Complaint: The Time Attack Quests should be solo'able.

Response: The quests will be changed to be able to be completed by one person only. The client orders will also be adjusted for this. Changes coming in December.

[zzz, friendless losers.]

---

Complaint: I want to be able to download patches in advance to be able to play.

Response: Patches will be made available before large patches, so they can be downloaded before the day, making the game playable immediately.

---

Complaint: Partial Searches in My Shop should work.

Response: Unfortunately, allowing partial searches in the My Shop would significantly increase the load time on My Shop loading (even worse than before). Thus, unfortunately, there is no way to implement partial matches at this time.

Instead, to reduce load time on My Shop, they're going to add an option to items to allow players to check the market price of an item, thus reducing the amount of searches.

---

Discuss!

jooozek
Oct 31, 2012, 08:06 AM
All those changes, wow, not a single awful decision. I'm amazed.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 08:12 AM

Response: After defeating a certain amount of an enemy, the item will drop regardless. This change will be coming in December.

Jesus christ finally, now do this for untradeable rares (and hopefully grinding) and we're good to go.

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 08:41 AM
Wait, so no complaints/feedback about the lack(or close to no) of differences between difficulties? No complaints about the challenge in general?

Please tell me I missed something

CelestialBlade
Oct 31, 2012, 08:43 AM
TAs being modified so they can be soloed? Come on now, those are the last challenging things left in this game....and actually gives a purpose to teamwork. Really don't want to see that die.

These changes seem kinda contradictory because they say they're concerned about the game being too easy, but...they're buffing weapons and Techers? Making rare bosses and overpowered rare weapons easier to find? Sounds backwards to me. Wish they were looking into aggression and flinching-resistance buffs for enemies instead.

The MPA and UI fixes are nice though. It's a shame my biggest gripes aren't being addressed in the least here, but I should concede that they never will.

Jesus christ finally, now do this for untradeable rares (and hopefully grinding) and we're good to go.
This too, fuck. I'm tired of hunting shit and not having anything to show for it, there's really no point to hunting anything specific with this stupid 100%-RNG system.

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 08:45 AM
These changes seem kinda contradictory because they say they're concerned about the game being too easy, but...they're buffing weapons and Techers? Making rare bosses and overpowered rare weapons easier to find? Sounds backwards to me. Wish they were looking into aggression and flinching-resistance buffs for enemies instead.

Fukcing this!^ O my god

moorebounce
Oct 31, 2012, 08:50 AM
They need to put meseta caps on items. They thought lowering prices would help but it made it worse in some cases.

Reiketsu
Oct 31, 2012, 08:52 AM
Wow, all of this sounds amazing... O_O
Rare enemies seriously are far too rare and if they change the exp again, maybe I will actually be able to level my sub class again, lol

Now, if only they'd make the higher difficulties actually higher difficulties with... I dunno... enemies that at least seriously try to kill you instead of backing-off most of the time? >_>"

Sammickk
Oct 31, 2012, 09:01 AM
thats pretty cool they are actually doing things, having never played the game yet i do thing the RNG system needs changed to a percentage system, based on current grind lvl...

and make the game harder.... i hear allot about people spamming PA's should this be adjusted to make it harder?

Halcyote
Oct 31, 2012, 09:09 AM
oh wow a majority of these changes are pure shit

people think this game is starved on content now? implementing some of these changes will make powering through content even faster and then sega will try to put in more roadblocks months later to lessen that.

this game is in trouble

Ezodagrom
Oct 31, 2012, 09:12 AM
Wish they were looking into aggression and flinching-resistance buffs for enemies instead.
There's a page to send feedback in the pso2 players site, if someone around here could be willing to translate stuff to japanese, maybe a bunch of us english speaking players could send feedback about enemies difficulty in that page.
https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=opinion

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 09:14 AM
They need to put meseta caps on items. They thought lowering prices would help but it made it worse in some cases.

The fix for this? You want to entice players to spend money. Capping prices will just shift their sales to player trading, either to do currency there or to become a barter system.

So how do you entice players into losing money? It's most easily done with a secondary form of currency that loses value over time. A perfect system is being implemented right now. Just make excubes purchasable with meseta. How much? Maybe 10m per cube? 5m? 50m? An intentionally disproportionate meseta/exp value, so cashing in requires massive drains on the existing meseta, and then selling the items for a profit merely shifts existing meseta around. After a while buying excubes with meseta would be uneconomical, which is the point. Prices can then be adjusted to keep them attractive and thus keeping meseta flowing out of the game.

The rich will get richer, at first, but hopefully their value would be converted from meseta into excube-purchased items, which would only go down in value as more players get excubes.

This is a perfect opportunity to create a sort of black market or secondary currency trade system, excubes could compare to PD's from PSO1. This sort of thing is done in games from time to time to varying degrees of success, but it does tend to succeed, even if not as well as initially hoped.

Galax
Oct 31, 2012, 09:14 AM
I'm personally glad to see the solo variety of TAs being put in - It'll make times when you have to hunt mobs like Gorongo that much easier.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 09:16 AM
re: Solo TA's

This is a great change. But, it would require the TACO's to be changed to need 2+ players. Make TA's soloable for people that hate random maps, but don't let solo players rake in all the cash from TACO's. That should still require teamwork imo.

Raymee
Oct 31, 2012, 09:19 AM
So if they change the exp required from 41-50, does that mean my 45 Gunner has a chance to hit 46 automatically because of this patch?

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 09:19 AM
There's a page to send feedback in the pso2 players site, if someone around here could be willing to translate stuff to japanese, maybe a bunch of us english speaking players could send feedback about enemies difficulty in that page.

PSO-world rejoice. Anyone who can translate something about the enemy agression in general, and how there should be actual differences between difficulty modes, please do if you agree with this and let us all put that forward.

Why the eff are we still getting such non issues fixed(in my opinion) when the core "field" experience is what is supposed to drive this game the most. Okay some of the things are pretty cool

I say Let's do this!!!!!!

Enforcer MKV
Oct 31, 2012, 09:23 AM
I think my favorite changes are the general boost to rare drop rate, and....

Making Premium more attractive. I don't even have a way of getting premium, and I think this is a good change. Though making TA solo'able.....

I think that's the only thing that made me frown when I read it.

EDIT: Actually, favorite change is being able to block team bubbles from showing up. Thank you, Sakai. Thank. You.

CelestialBlade
Oct 31, 2012, 09:25 AM
re: Solo TA's

This is a great change. But, it would require the TACO's to be changed to need 2+ players. Make TA's soloable for people that hate random maps, but don't let solo players rake in all the cash from TACO's. That should still require teamwork imo.
I'd be okay with that, as long as the shortcuts didn't have to be butchered into easy mode to make the solo idea work. Stuff like the Lillipa TA shortcut should stay the way it is to still encourage teamwork, and yeah, find a way to make TACO completion possible only if you have 2+ people. I just don't see the logic otherwise; making them soloable takes all the fun out of them IMO, and they're really the last things I truly find fun in the game right now.

I dunno, a lot of these changes are completely missing the point, to me. None of these changes prevent the game from spiraling into exactly what AotI became. Had I a better grasp on conversational Japanese I'd be blowing up that suggestion box with comments on how enemies need to be more difficult, how I want something to show for investing 4 hours into a rare hunt and having zero to show for it when someone randomly doing a run can find rates with no effort invested, how I want more varied play modes, and how we need more meseta sinks. Call me ranty, but I care enough about this franchise to get a little pissed about the state of it.

Alenoir
Oct 31, 2012, 09:27 AM
Single person TA.

Sega, why. :|

I dunno, a lot of these changes are completely missing the point, to me.
Almost most, if not all of these changes were from complaints filed by players. If you think something's not really working, drag someone that can Japanese into the mix and send them your ideas.

Galax
Oct 31, 2012, 09:33 AM
Single person TA.

Sega, why. :|

It's been going on for a while...It's not that rare if you think about it. Just SEGA made the official TA runs on this game REQUIRE two people or more, whereas before TA was done by getting a timing program/stopwatch, letting it run, and killing everything as fast as you could - I get that TAs being soloable doesn't sound fun to some of you.

The solution is you don't have to solo them if you don't want to...Whoever said they were making TA runs "Party: 1-1"? Nothing. I see them saying it's an option to solo it, but you can still do Two/Three/Four player TAs if you want to.

Just because it's soloable does NOT mean you're going to lose all the fun of doing it with others. It looks like there's enough of you that like it better with two or more that you'll have no trouble finding groups for it.

EDIT: And as to why, that's even simpler. They received feedback from players saying they don't like that it's 2p+ only.

Alenoir
Oct 31, 2012, 09:38 AM
I guess as long as TACOs can't actually be completed solo then I have no problem with it, otherwise I foresee them lowering TACO reward. You know the RMTers will be right on track to abuse the **** out of it.

Ryo
Oct 31, 2012, 09:38 AM
I'm actually pleased with all these changes, though the one 10* I want, and can't find drops from Galfs, so no relief in sight for me -_-

Enforcer MKV
Oct 31, 2012, 09:42 AM
It's been going on for a while...It's not that rare if you think about it. Just SEGA made the official TA runs on this game REQUIRE two people or more, whereas before TA was done by getting a timing program/stopwatch, letting it run, and killing everything as fast as you could - I get that TAs being soloable doesn't sound fun to some of you.

The solution is you don't have to solo them if you don't want to...Whoever said they were making TA runs "Party: 1-1"? Nothing. I see them saying it's an option to solo it, but you can still do Two/Three/Four player TAs if you want to.

Just because it's soloable does NOT mean you're going to lose all the fun of doing it with others. It looks like there's enough of you that like it better with two or more that you'll have no trouble finding groups for it.

EDIT: And as to why, that's even simpler. They received feedback from players saying they don't like that it's 2p+ only.

I think the fear that most of the ones complaining about this change have is that they completely butcher the current layout of the maps in order to make it possible for people to solo it.

I think that's a valid concern, myself. Now, given that we're supposedly getting hard missions after the holiday (we'll see about that.)it may remedy this. Or it may not. The people who enjoy time attack now are the people who enjoy the teamwork, the challenge, the necessity of having to rely on your teammates to get through obstacles, or at least that's how it seems to me. If Sega changes too much of TA, all that necessity could be lost. That's what they're afraid of losing, and, as I said before, I do believe that's a valid concern.

Raymee
Oct 31, 2012, 09:43 AM
How much competition is there in this game?
Some people like the fact that they have a one of a kind weapon in their inventory and if they find that others have it too, then it feels like it isn't even rare.... is stupid to me lol.

The only competitive part of this game imo is TA and if they don't want others beating their record.. well suck it up cause someone's going to beat them eventually.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 09:45 AM
TA doesn't have challenge. If you and three friends can read directions, stand on certain colored buttons, and use single-target attacks to avoid killing dragonkin you can clear all the CO's every day.

Yesterday I cleared nab and lillipa VH with people I'd never TA'd with before, two of which hadn't done those TA's before themselves. We got both CO's cleared on our first tries. Sure, our gear wasn't bad, but surely there should be more to this than merely high numbers on your stat sheet.

TA requiring skill is a myth. A bad one.

CelestialBlade
Oct 31, 2012, 09:46 AM
I think the fear that most of the ones complaining about this change have is that they completely butcher the current layout of the maps in order to make it possible for people to solo it.

I think that's a valid concern, myself. Now, given that we're supposedly getting hard missions after the holiday (we'll see about that.)it may remedy this. Or it may not. The people who enjoy time attack now are the people who enjoy the teamwork, the challenge, the necessity of having to rely on your teammates to get through obstacles, or at least that's how it seems to me. If Sega changes too much of TA, all that necessity could be lost. That's what they're afraid of losing, and, as I said before, I do believe that's a valid concern.
Pretty much this, En. I would have been completely fine with like, an entirely separate version of the TA missions that were able to be soloed, or at least leaving the layout as is and simply denying solo players access to many of the shortcuts. If that is to be the case and TACOs can only be completed with a party, then have at. Great idea, in that case. But please, do not butcher the one thing I truly find fun anymore. Still feels weird saying that about TAs considering I've never enjoyed that concept, but I love those missions.

Not even gonna get into the "skill" argument. It's just fun to use teamwork and to try and beat your own records. I don't TA for leaderboards, it's just fun.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 31, 2012, 09:48 AM
TA doesn't have challenge. If you and three friends can read directions, stand on certain colored buttons, and use single-target attacks to avoid killing dragonkin you can clear all the CO's every day.

Yesterday I cleared nab and lillipa VH with people I'd never TA'd with before, two of which hadn't done those TA's before themselves. We got both CO's cleared on our first tries. Sure, our gear wasn't bad, but surely there should be more to this than merely high numbers on your stat sheet.

TA requiring skill is a myth. A bad one.

er....by 'challenge' I meant having to do something other than just mindlessly slaughter enemies at your own leisurely pace. A poor word to use in this case. Apologies. ^^;

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 09:51 AM
er....by 'challenge' I meant having to do something other than just mindlessly slaughter enemies at your own leisurely pace. A poor word to use in this case. Apologies. ^^;

Well saying it is "more" challenge is still not inaccurate though

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 09:53 AM
If that's what you meant, then it's partially true, but some people walk around trying to make TA out to be some fiendishly difficult game mode. It's not.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 31, 2012, 09:54 AM
Well saying it is "more" challenge is still not inaccurate though

Well, it's a good thing I never said that, isn't it?

I said "something other than" not something 'more challenging'

I just meant it's something different.

EDIT:

If that's what you meant, then it's partially true, but some people walk around trying to make TA out to be some fiendishly difficult game mode. It's not.

Trust me, IIIIIIIIIIIII'm aware of this.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 31, 2012, 09:55 AM
Im fine with all these scheduled adjustments.
I predict that (Endless)"Nightmare" and "Ultimate" difficulty modes are in the works... possibly...

Ce'Nedra
Oct 31, 2012, 10:05 AM
Fuck yeah 20 SA for Preminum and blocking NPC in MPA.

Rest I can live with as well, thought increasing rare bosses and rare drops might make it to easy and people will swim in rares, stuff will be killed in value even more then it is already now. Tarnada for 1050 meseta anyone?

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 10:20 AM
I just read this and im absolutely pissed off that they are nerfing xp requirements AGAIN.

What the fuck man. Stupid casual players complain too much.

I cant complain about the increase of rare drops/enemies but doing so is just gonna make the items not as appealing. And also, they're not really increasing the drop chance of 10* items since most of them drop from common monsters and not rare ones D:

The only good things I see in this list are the search multiple blocks for parties, block NPC summoning, and you know the ones that dont really effect gameplay.

And the removing players from following you is kinda lame. Sure some people tend to just follow unend in an MPA (which is really easy to get them to stop following you) but sometimes i needa step away from the computer briefly so i just follow the nearest player.

Solo TA's on the other hand... im not sure how i feel about that. Maybe good as long as they dont count towards interrupt rankings, but im sure they will count.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 10:28 AM
developers give players more things

people still find ways to whine

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 10:30 AM
Theyre not giving us more things theyre changing the game. I liked the game how it was. nuff said. Whining or not, reasons like this are why i left other games.

And besides, ALL of these changes are coming because of people who "whined" about them.

The Walrus
Oct 31, 2012, 10:37 AM
I fail to see how it's bad for them to make it easier to hit 50 or how it's casual to dislike the ridiculous exp requirement jumps.

Reiketsu
Oct 31, 2012, 10:41 AM
What the fuck man. Stupid casual players complain too much.

I'm sorry people like me actually want to make progress in this game and maybe see a bit of the rare stuff that's there or even reach lv 50 before the end of the year and possibly level more than one class...

I'm not really that much of a 'casual' player, but I can't spend every minute of my life on this game, and seriously... with the exp the way it is right now, I won't reach 50 by the end of the year and I've given up on leveling anything besides my main class...
Originally I wanted to level all classes and change between them, so it gives me more gameplay variety, but that's impossible the way the game is right now, lol

Ryo
Oct 31, 2012, 10:42 AM
I fail to see how it's bad for them to make it easier to hit 50 or how it's casual to dislike the ridiculous exp requirement jumps.

THIS.

I'm playing several hours a day (when I can, maybe five days a week) and I can tell you I'm at 44 and 45 seems almost insurmountable to me. I've heard it gets into several million per level and at that point it'll become a hindrance to my ability to enjoy new content.

I'm glad SEGA is taking a look at it, because to be honest, the further behind I get, the less motivated I become to play. Ideally PSO should be something I can come back to and not feel like have an avalanche of work ahead of me to keep up with my teammates.

Sammickk
Oct 31, 2012, 10:42 AM

it gives you something to continue playing for....

i know allot about rediculas exp jumps lol dont' know if anyone here played RO back in its hay day but lvl 98-99 was like going from 1 to 98!

Ce'Nedra
Oct 31, 2012, 10:45 AM

Considering this game's cap is yet unknown (datamined to 100 iirc) I can only imagine how much ridicilous EXP we will need later on. Then again, it doesn't take that long to hit lv45, and VH gives a huge amount of EXP, at least I only run Desert atm and it gives arround 100 exp per mob often, can't even tell how much EXP Skyland gives (and soon to be ruins).

It is very easy to hit lv50, just takes time.

I for one am not waiting to see EXP FULL after a month of playing VH so I'm good with current rates for exp.

And what Gigawuts said, then again there will always people whining and complaining. On the other hand, people should be glad we can even play PSO2 right now cause Japan could easly have enforced their JP ONLY rule and just IPblock everything, so stop moaning.

Z-0
Oct 31, 2012, 10:46 AM
The solo TAs will most likely count towards the TACOs; this is quite unavoidable, as the entire reason people want solo TAs is so that they are able to get the TA money without having to hunt down people to do the quests. This will definitely lead to a decrease in the TACO meseta; people probably complained that certain players were able to "make bank" and they were falling behind in meseta values. (For example, I can make 1.7million meseta per day, considering that I have 3 characters).

There are workarounds to this, of course. They could have a separate set of TACOs, just for solo players, or they could alternatively give people more meseta dependant on completion time, still encouraging players to look for others to TA with. I'm thinking max meseta could be along the lines of sub-7 Naberius, sub-10 Lilipa and sub-12 Amdusica (was tempted to say sub-10 Amdusica since I've done it countless times, but Gwanahda and Vol can be the biggest pain in the asses), just to make people grab 4 players who know the quest and actually try to do well in these quests (rather than "lolTA takes no skill just don't bother trying, free money!")

We'll see what happens, though.

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 10:51 AM
According to bumped:

Request: Make Time Attack Quests soloable
Staff’s comment: A way to solo the Time Attack Quests will be introduced along with Client Orders for doing them alone.

Emphasis on bold part. NEW CO's will be introduced for solo.

The Walrus
Oct 31, 2012, 10:53 AM
Oh my god yes more money erryday

shinehex
Oct 31, 2012, 10:54 AM
Most of these adjustments seem meh in my opinion. They really need to make enemies on higher difficulties with better A.I.(more aggressive), speed increase, add status ailments to their attacks, change properties of enemy attacks existing attacks better,more resistant to flinching, something more then just buffing their health and damage.

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 10:56 AM
I'm sorry people like me actually want to make progress in this game and maybe see a bit of the rare stuff that's there or even reach lv 50 before the end of the year and possibly level more than one class...

I'm not really that much of a 'casual' player, but I can't spend every minute of my life on this game, and seriously... with the exp the way it is right now, I won't reach 50 by the end of the year and I've given up on leveling anything besides my main class...
Originally I wanted to level all classes and change between them, so it gives me more gameplay variety, but that's impossible the way the game is right now, lol

You guys (quoted person and like the 3-4 people after) must have never played PSO1.

Thats where I stand on this. I'm still not level 200 on a single character and I started playing PSOBB 6 or 7 years ago on a private server. But I like that. Makes it more entertaining and makes "farming for loot" more than just "for loot"

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 10:58 AM
Oh I'm sorry were there areas that required you to be extremely high levels in PSO1?

Because near as I can recall you got into ultimate at, what, level 80?

That would be like PSO2 requiring level 30 for VH.

So yeah, no. You can stop comparing PSO1's level system with PSO2's.

Link1275
Oct 31, 2012, 10:59 AM
Source: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=572

Note: If anything is incorrect, please tell me.

---

Sakai has recently posted a list of user complaints and what the development team plans to do about it. They are extremely concerned about the longevity of the game; too many people hit 40 in September and they don't want a repeat of people being stuck at the level cap with nothing to do. They also don't want the game to be too easy that everything is done quickly.

---

Complaint: The EXP from 41 onwards is too steep.

Response: They are considering another nerf to the experience required. Right now you pretty much have to focus on one class, and this wasn't really the plan. Any change will be coming early November.

---

Complaint: The level cap Client Orders need to have their item numbers reduced.

Response: The level cap Client Orders will have the required numbers reduced. Any change will be coming early November.

---

---

Response: 7*~9* items will have their drop rates increased. Due to the increase of rare boss enemies, it's believe that 10* items will now be easier to obtain. Any change will be coming early November.

---

---

Complaint: Techers need an improvement.

Response: With a variety of skills and whatnot, Techers will attempted to be improved. This will come in early November.

---

Complaint: Some 10* weapons are too mediocre for being 10*.

Response: The following items may receive a boost:

- Berkverger
- Noise Blower
- Vardha Cannon
- Umblla Stick
- Vardha Beat
- Magical Wand

Any changes will be coming early November.

---

Complaint: The Premium Set does not offer enough.

Response: The following things are being considered:

- An extra amount of FUN gained from Premium.
- Maximum amount of COs held to be 40.
- Increase the amount of Symbol Arts held.
- Add a special premium drink to the medical centre (providing it's not an upgrade to the EX, I'm fine with this. Don't want unfair benefits in TA, lol).

FUN and CO increases are being implemented in December, while the other two points are still being considered.

---

Response: They will be adding a checkbox to block NPCs in the party menu. To make MPA matching easier, players who do not tick this box upon creating a game cannot enter your MPA randomly (so boss rushers will not be joining rooms, unless they tick no NPC for some reason). If you join an MPA with the no NPC checkbox, your party settings will automatically have this checkbox entered.

---

Complaint: It's hard to find games in another block.

Response: There will be a new option added; Find Party in Another Block. This will show the parties in the quest you choose in another block, so it is easier to find games.

This change will be coming in December.

---

Complaint: Team Chat Balloons should be able to be hidden.

Response: Will be done. Change coming in November.

---

Complaint: Unregistered friends should not be able to call your Friend Partner.

Response: If you remove a friend from your friend list, the Friend Partner will no longer show up for the removed friend. This change will be coming in December.

---

Complaint: One should be able to stop people auto-following you.

Response: You will be able to disable people following you in parties. This change will be coming in December.

---

Response: The quests will be changed to be able to be completed by one person only. The client orders will also be adjusted for this. Changes coming in December.

---

Complaint: I want to be able to download patches in advance to be able to play.

Response: Patches will be made available before large patches, so they can be downloaded before the day, making the game playable immediately.

---

Complaint: Partial Searches in My Shop should work.

Response: Unfortunately, allowing partial searches in the My Shop would significantly increase the load time on My Shop loading (even worse than before). Thus, unfortunately, there is no way to implement partial matches at this time.

^ I'm having trouble reading this, lol. Whatever this change is, it will be coming in December. (it's to do with MyShop).

---

Discuss!
I threw that text you couldn't read into an online translator, and got:

Are measures that reduce the number of search for quotations with more convenience, to reduce the load to add the ability to view during the 12 month rate goals upon item listing items as one will be carried out.
Not sure what it is saying as I don't understand the Japanese sentence structure.

EDIT:

Fuck yeah 20 SA for Preminum and blocking NPC in MPA.

Rest I can live with as well, thought increasing rare bosses and rare drops might make it to easy and people will swim in rares, stuff will be killed in value even more then it is already now. Tarnada for 1050 meseta anyone?

Forget 1050. I'll sell anyone who can buy it my Tigredor for at least 600k(I don't have My Shop access).

Crysteon
Oct 31, 2012, 11:04 AM
Oh, finally...solo TAs. That would motivate me to TA for real now, lol. Also, chat bubbles blocking is a god send, seriously.

And...yay, free exp \o/...nah jk. Applying another exp nerf sounds dumb this time, though...we're gonna fall into the "omg, I'm capped again in a short time...game's so boring now" dilemma again.

jooozek
Oct 31, 2012, 11:09 AM
Some people have lifes so you know, playing shouldn't work like a full time job. The current exp requirements are pretty much on pair with those pay-to-win cashshop MMOs that sell 500% EXP boosters with the difference that we don't have those boosters and still have to grind :innocent:

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 11:13 AM
Level 44 is not extremely high level (requirement for FC, or was it 45? still, same thing), it takes at best a million exp to get, which is not that difficult.

And even if you hit ultimate at level 80, you were NOT doing ruins until level AT LEAST 120 or higher (solo 130-140+) Sure there was no restriction but you wouldnt get anywhere. If the level restrictions are whats concerning you, then they could easily lower the requirements. But that's not the case here so your argument is invalid.

I didnt like how ridiculously easy it was in this game to get from level 1-40 (on three classes), get the gear i wanted and be considered "end game" and had nothing to do

Especially considering i didnt actually start playing the game til late august, and i was basically "done" with it in a matter of weeks and had to wait for the new content.

I liked the idea of having something to constantly look forward to (achieving level 50/50, for example). But when this change, as soon as they change it, I can see my character already being level 50 (considering im 1 million away from 47).

How much of a life you all have that prevents you from playing is beyond me. I work and go to school full time, party on the weekends, make music and play shows and yet still find time to play this game.

BIG OLAF
Oct 31, 2012, 11:20 AM

---

Response: 7*~9* items will have their drop rates increased. Due to the increase of rare boss enemies, it's believe that 10* items will now be easier to obtain. Any change will be coming early November.!

These two things right here will, alone, make the make immensely better. Everything else is just bonus.

jooozek
Oct 31, 2012, 11:21 AM
How much of a life you all have that prevents you from playing is beyond me. I work and go to school full time, party on the weekends, make music and play shows and yet still find time to play this game.

Much enough to make me not want to waste my free time on sweatshop-esque grind that will get me to nowhere and will just feel like a chore and the result will be:

achievement unlocked: master grinder

I'd agree with you if the game was finished and we were talking about the the last few levels of the final cap, but that isn't the case.

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
I'd agree with you if the game was finished and we were talking about the the last few levels of the cap, but that isn't the case.

touche, i forget about that sometimes. but how many more level caps do you really think theyre gonna add? hopefully they introduce ultimate mode and raise the cap to 100, but keep the requirements to like 60-70 and make the last bit extensive.

seeing as these updates are coming out next week or week after, i would like to just wait until they came out to keep playing... but i just bought premium last week so i guess im stuck making use of it less i wanna lose that money D:

It would be nice if they stopped changing their minds about things and just did everything one way and stuck to it : /

dablacksephiroth
Oct 31, 2012, 11:26 AM
Why does Techer need a buff? An equal rating Wand has more Tech than a Talis. Here's an old video before Halloween patch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeAvH4bMuXk

Techer can very well stand on it's own without a Force sub, thanks to Zan. My melee attacks as they are are very strong and suitable + Element Wand gear effect. A good 1500 dmg per swing on weak element enemies and 5000 dmg per swing with Weak Bullet, as a Newman.

Looks like today I'll be making that Rod vs Wand comparison after all. What's next? Talis need a buff?

Enforcer MKV
Oct 31, 2012, 11:28 AM
but how many more level caps do you really think theyre gonna add?

Er.....going off of pretty much every previous game in the franchise...about 150?

Now, of course, none of us know for sure, but using previous experience....we've got a long way to go. I don't think people want to be trying to get 100mil for level 120. :s [exaggerating.]

EDIT: uh, actually, assuming every level cap increase is 10 levels, and also assuming we get to 200, about 15.

Zyrusticae
Oct 31, 2012, 11:29 AM
Do you only play one character? Level only one class?

Because between my Fighter and my Techer it took me a long time just to get them both to 40, and then 40->42 took almost as much time (lolwut?). That's a pretty goddamn big investment.

Also, yes, I do play other games. I'm not the type of person who can play the same game ad nauseam for dozens of hours at a time.

The TA thing, on the other hand, irritates me. It irritates me because they should have completely nerfed the CO income alongside everything else. It irritates me because I am now millions of meseta behind everyone who's been farming the hell out of those COs because I don't have a team to run them with, and now I have to find a team to play catch-up just so I have money to buy stuff with.

Boneheaded move. Nerf every faucet except one of the biggest and most prominent of the entire bloody game? Dammit, Sega...

BIG OLAF

Also, this. I mean, they should have had this since the very fucking-ass beginning of the game, but better late than never. Besides the rare drop/boss boosting, this is also going to be very nice.

[Ayumi]
No no no no!
One of my friends accidently deleted their old char and made a new one and I like the old one the most!
(They miss the char too, but what can they do).
Are you telling me I can't use that char no more?!

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 11:35 AM

Because between my Fighter and my Techer it took me a long time just to get them both to 40, and then 40->42 took almost as much time (lolwut?). That's a pretty goddamn big investment.

Also, yes, I do play other games. I'm not the type of person who can play the same game ad nauseam for dozens of hours at a time.

The TA thing, on the other hand, irritates me. It irritates me because they should have completely nerfed the CO income alongside everything else. It irritates me because I am now millions of meseta behind everyone who's been farming the hell out of those COs because I don't have a team to run them with, and now I have to find a team to play catch-up just so I have money to buy stuff with.

Boneheaded move. Nerf every faucet except one of the biggest and most prominent of the entire bloody game? Dammit, Sega...

Yes, and no, not really. I have a level 46 fighter, 42 techer 40 hunter and 31 force. Gonna get my fighter to 50 first then techer then idk. Dont really care for the other classes, but i might just start leveling ranger to unlock gunner.

So yeah, I see your point. I don't play any other games either.

But you gotta keep in mind, the CO's for Mines and FC give as little as 10k xp each, up to 37,500 (cressidia one). Leveling is pretty easy if you do those. That's how i got my characters up so high so quickly, but after level 40, i stopped turning in CO's on my characters and just turn them in on lower level characters to get them up levels quicker without having to play the shitty annoying stages (ie level 20-25)

Inazuma
Oct 31, 2012, 11:35 AM
I'm happy about all of these changes. Lots of really good suggestions here, and it's nice to see Sega continuing to modify the game to please the players.

Alenoir
Oct 31, 2012, 11:39 AM
Emphasis on bold part. NEW CO's will be introduced for solo.

Up to interpretation. It was never once stated in the original post that "new" COs will be "introduced" for solo TA.

こちらにつきましては、1人でもプレイ可能になるようにクエストの仕様変更を行う対応を進めて おります。 同時に関連するクライアントオーダーの仕様も変更予定です。

"Regarding this, we will be changing [the time attack missions] so it can be accomplished by one player. The client orders related to [TAs] will also be changed along with this."

dablacksephiroth
Oct 31, 2012, 11:53 AM

Boneheaded move. Nerf every faucet except one of the biggest and most prominent of the entire bloody game? Dammit, Sega...Time Attacks never even had an influence on pricing in shops. Nobody important (The Japanese) even gave a fuck about Time Attacks until recently with seeing 100k as a reward. The fact that they're begging for a solo version implies this and easilly tells a minority were/are only taking advantage. Prices on items still continue to come down, the rich before all the meseta nerfing patches hoarded and remain rich and newer released and highly yearned items that hit market after a new patch continue to target those people in particular. (We know you still have money! SPEND it here!)

As much as I tried to provide assistance with the English side too, advertising here, YouTube, and some other unmentionable sites... there was still an ultra minor influence within the MINOR side of the PSO2 community.

I admit though, I found it entertaining when some of our rebellious English players' eyes suddenly popped open when they'd seen the Very Hard rewards, and now they give a fuck on getting in on it.

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 11:55 AM
recently with seeing 100k as a reward.

Which is this and why do i not have the CO unlocked? o.o

Galax
Oct 31, 2012, 11:56 AM
@Eternal, You said you don't play any other games - I'm one of those who is not fancying the idea of gaining a full million EXP again once I hit 40 is it? 40-42? I DO play other games, and I can't spend that long on this one game taking care of the situation outlined below.

I'm lv33, almost 34, and my exp gained counter has recently broken 900k. That means I'll be soon regaining pretty much every point of EXP I earned to get to where I am when I hit 40...to get two more levels.

I take my time. I prefer to enjoy the game by not rushing to the cap, and stepping up and getting serious on a need-to-or-I-die basis. Which, let's face it, with mobs the way they are, is pretty much never - I can use any of my weapons and be fairly effective while barely trying.

As to not playing PSO1, I did play it, quite extensively. In total I have had four FOmars, one HUmar, three RAmars, one FOnewm, and one RAmarl in Ultimate. I took my time there, too, and my highest was my lv15x RAmar, Corinthian. That was way back on PSOXbox getting FSOD'd and losing my gear quite often because people got their kicks making you lose it due to disconnecting in the lobbies. And as to your level projections for ruins...lv120 minimum to be in a group in ult ruins? You're joking, right? When my FOnewm was lv90, I went into ult ruins with a lv100 RAcast, a lv94 HUcast, and another lv90 - a FOmarl - and we beat everything. Everything Ruins 1, 2, 3 and Falz form 1 2 and 3 threw at us.

Not going anywhere? We went quite far, thank you. Soloing at 140...I'm not sure on that one. Maybe. If you don't hunt around for scapes first. You also left out that you can pipe whenever you think you're in danger of dying. That alone made any run doable if you had scapes to use for the boss.

gravityvx
Oct 31, 2012, 12:04 PM
I don't even think I can comment on how bad a few of a changes are without getting flamed. But, I do like the NPC lockout, premium bonus, LFG type block, matter board drops and...:-?

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 12:07 PM
Fuck all of you complaining about experience points. Not because it's a bad point, but making such a big fuss of it when there are bigger issues just blows my mind. Why the hell do you wanna reach the cap so soon when it doesn't even matter in the first place(at the state of the game right now)!!

What will you get out of it? And that thing you're getting out of it, will it really benefit you?

No for fuck sakes lvl 50 content is probably allready a cakewalk at lvl 45 so everything you gain is just for the sake of gaining it then? Ya'll need to realise that your complaints are incredibly stupid. If the game was actually challenging at "VERY HARD" where you'd actually need better stats in order for things becoming doable, then i'd understand. But now? No fucking way.

Seriously, this whole community is pissing me off. When are you guys gonna realise that your issues are not the "main issues". Complain about them after they fix the main ones.

DoubleCannon
Oct 31, 2012, 12:08 PM
RARE BOSSES MORE COMMON! lol maybe i will have a dam chance at finding demo comet now! Like seriously rare boss chance alone is redonk then you got rng involved in giving me that rare to be insane.. how 11 people have managed to get it is beyond me. I want this wep badly and at this rate I would never find it

Griffin
Oct 31, 2012, 12:10 PM
Fuck all of you complaining about experience points.

Fuck YOU!

Actually, I don't really care for levels myself. All I want is the hunt for rares to not be so agonizing.

The Walrus
Oct 31, 2012, 12:10 PM
Fuck all of you complaining about experience points. Not because it's a bad point, but making such a big fuss of it when there are bigger issues just blows my mind. Why the hell do you wanna reach the cap so soon when it doesn't even matter in the first place!!

What will you get out of it? And that thing you're getting out of it, will it really benefit you?

No for fuck sakes lvl 50 content is probably allready a cakewalk at lvl 45 so everything you gain is just for the sake of gaining it then? Ya'll need to realise that your complaints are incredibly stupid. If the game was actually challenging at "VERY HARD" where you'd actually need better stats in order for things becoming doable, then i'd understand. But now? No fucking way.

Seriously, this whole community is pissing me off. When are you guys gonna realise that your issues are not the "main issues". Complain about them after they fix the main ones.

Because the exp requirements for 40-50 are setting a precedent for how ridiculous 50-60, 60-70, etc will be. And we're not even close to the final cap yet, when that comes out then it'll be fine for it to take a lot longer to level.

Alenoir
Oct 31, 2012, 12:11 PM

I believe it requires you to at least clear the TA for that area once (and/or the TACO that goes along with it). It was added during the Halloween patch.

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 12:13 PM
Fuck YOU!

Actually, I don't really care for levels myself. All I want is the hunt for rares to not be so agonizing.

no u

Because the exp requirements for 40-50 are setting a precedent for how ridiculous 50-60, 60-70, etc will be. And we're not even close to the final cap yet, when that comes out then it'll be fine for it to take a lot longer to level.

*takes a deep breath

Fair point.

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 12:13 PM
In PSO1, the "Halfway" exp mark was level 182. It took about 42 million total experience to hit level 182. It took another 42 million experience to hit level 200. Give or take on both. But the "soft cap" was level 100 (since you can technically run anything in a group at that level, solo online mode is a different story).

You can call level 40 the soft cap here [for now], as its really the only level you need to reach to be able to survive in VH (you can test this theory in EMQ's because the mobs are as high level as those in FC). This would mean the halfway exp mark is approximately level 47 (47/50 is roughly the same as 182/200).

The problem is the level requirements to play these additional zones. What they need to do is lower level requirements to all free areas in very hard mode, to lvl 41+. But they could have these level requirements because they dont use level requirements for gear, but instead stat requirements, which you can obtain said stats at really low levels.

But as the other guy said. The game is not done yet, so I guess we can just sit around and wait til it is for the exp grind.

MMO's like WoW and GW were boring becuz the majority of the gameplay and dungeons take place at max level, and it was easy to get there. I had the most fun leveling up to that level. I hope they dont do the same thing with this game, PSO1 was not like that. Although this is developed by different people (right?) i still dont expect it to be like every other damn MMO out there.

RARE BOSSES MORE COMMON! lol maybe i will have a dam chance at finding demo comet now!

RIGHT? 50 gwana kills and not a single rare one, what the fuck!

dablacksephiroth
Oct 31, 2012, 12:15 PM
I lied, made it all up just to have something to talk about again. My signature is also a waste of time.

Saffran
Oct 31, 2012, 12:16 PM
Yes, but exp requirement are only exp. You can get tons of those by, you know, playing.

As for the untranslated part of the first post, it stipulates that Sega will try to implement a way for people to check the market price of a certain item so as to reduce the number of queries to the system.

DoubleCannon
Oct 31, 2012, 12:16 PM
Seriously something sega needs to implement is an increase in difficulty the more players there are in a mpa. solo vh is a much different story than 12 players since not one thing changes stat wise on monsters. just more of them! I can not even run up to a monster in time before it dies. it is insanely easy in mpa and it is just wrong. hell bunch of level 35's could tankroll level 50 bosses. never mind people all being level 50 now. where is the challenge!? :(

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 12:18 PM
I believe it requires you to at least clear the TA for that area once (and/or the TACO that goes along with it). It was added during the Halloween patch.

oh so i have to run the TA first, and then itll unlock the CO?

Do i have to do them in order? I only have the CO for the first time attack currently.

Griffin
Oct 31, 2012, 12:18 PM
where is the challenge!? :(

The challenge lies in not trying to be over 9000 with the affixes and the 10s and the gwrgwegjrghwrjgwrhjgwr.

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 12:20 PM
RNG for collecting rares seems to be the defenition of challenge for most^^;

gravityvx
Oct 31, 2012, 12:22 PM
Fuck all of you complaining about experience points. Not because it's a bad point, but making such a big fuss of it when there are bigger issues just blows my mind. Why the hell do you wanna reach the cap so soon when it doesn't even matter in the first place!!

Completely agree with you, levels don't mean shit in this game besides going to another area, you can equip everything you want at around 30-40 depending on if you have defense speced on your mag or skill tree. And people that complain about new level caps being worse, just like any other game the exp curve will get adjusted accordingly after the increase has reached a very high level. But the days when games like this where people enjoyed it being challenging and fun areas over rushing to cap are gone, the new thing is rushing to cap and whining like kids that there's nothing to do after(not taking a shot at anyone here).

At least that has been the mentality for last few years that I've seen in every freaking recent mmo that I've played. It's sad but raging over it won't change how people think these days, you can only hope this game doesn't get dumbed down even more, but tbh I think I see where the game is headed and it's not in a very good direction. While minor improvements to the game like the ones I posted above are fine, they completely missed the main problems, or chose not to address them.

DoubleCannon
Oct 31, 2012, 12:30 PM
you know.. regarding the exp change again.. by that point say your already level 50.. now suddenly your gonna get a bunch of excess exp since they will reduce all level req.. will that all go into the ex cube system and suddenly u get multiple ex cube levels and now ur able to buy a bunch of special items. and yet sega don't want to make game easy

I am afraid to think what they think easy is now? lol

and ya the only thing hard is finding rares. but don't call the modes hard / very hard when they are stupid easy still. I hope for the day these get looked at tbh

NoiseHERO
Oct 31, 2012, 12:33 PM
Okay, NOW I'm looking forward to Nov's update.

Reiketsu
Oct 31, 2012, 12:37 PM
You guys (quoted person and like the 3-4 people after) must have never played PSO1.

Thats where I stand on this. I'm still not level 200 on a single character and I started playing PSOBB 6 or 7 years ago on a private server. But I like that. Makes it more entertaining and makes "farming for loot" more than just "for loot"

Well, but who knows if PSO2 will even be around for 6 or 7 years? :-?

Training and gaining levels is like the only motivation I have right now to play this game, because... sure, even if the game is already easy enough, I still like the feeling of reaching a new level, lol

Besides that, what else is there to do at the moment? I personally was never interested in rares and I got all the clothes I want and already enough money saved to buy a lot of stuff with the next scratch update...

Anyways, what I'd really like them to do is concentrate on more maps to give us more variety! I've played every area so many times, I can't see them anymore... they're all just boring and... there aren't even distinct differences between them. They just have different textures and music, but that's it for the most part.

More level and also enemy variety would make the game a lot more appealing :/
They should also implement more puzzle like things you have to do to get to the next area, like finding switches to open doors and the like...

dablacksephiroth
Oct 31, 2012, 12:49 PM
Completely agree with you, levels don't mean shit in this game besides going to another area, you can equip everything you want at around 30-40 depending on if you have defense speced on your mag or skill tree. And people that complain about new level caps being worse, just like any other game the exp curve will get adjusted accordingly after the increase has reached a very high level. But the days when games like this where people enjoyed it being challenging and fun areas over rushing to cap are gone, the new thing is rushing to cap and whining like kids that there's nothing to do after(not taking a shot at anyone here).

At least that has been the mentality for last few years that I've seen in every freaking recent mmo that I've played. It's sad but raging over it won't change how people think these days, you can only hope this game doesn't get dumbed down even more, but tbh I think I see where the game is headed and it's not in a very good direction. While minor improvements to the game like the ones I posted above are fine, they completely missed the main problems, or chose not to address them.
Levels give me my skill points I yearn.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 01:00 PM
TBQFH we need like 15 levels above the minimum requirement for the highest level area for players to just grind away at, and SP should be capped at what it is now.

Then make excubes into something you get for every 2m experience you earn, from level 1 to level horizontal eight.

untrustful
Oct 31, 2012, 01:03 PM
The level curve was definitely unfair for people who have lives. The complaints about reaching the cap too quickly shouldn't really be addressed since those complaints are coming from people who'll play the game regardless. I just realized at lvl 45 I've got like 1.6 million exp to go to lvl up. This would be fine if the "episode 1" lvl cap was lvl 60, but if it's more than that, this high exp requirements are definitely unfair.

Z-0
Oct 31, 2012, 01:05 PM
Not sure why people talk about PSO1 being the holy grail of online RPGs; it's not like PSO1 was difficult either. (which doesn't even bother me; I like killing shit fast to get to the next area, which is why I heart the TA quests. PSO1 was the same, I'd play quests and see what I could do to get it done faster)

The problem I find with this game is that it's just running around an area hoping for things, not the difficulty at all. It does get old and stale after a while, which is why I tend to put a lot of stress upon the Time Attack quests, and while they are the same thing over and over and over again, you can feel like you're doing better, or that you're synergising well with your team. I've had days where all I've done is ran the TA quests for hours on end, and I've never gotten bored of it.

If this game had a lot more TA quests (CITY TA PLZ), I would be perfectly content. Reward or not, they're a lot of fun if you strategise and try to do them quickly (but not to the extent where it becomes bothersome; I don't play like that).

untrustful
Oct 31, 2012, 01:07 PM
Yeah those TAs are fun as hell. Looks like they'll be allowing a way to compensate for soloing since a lot of people can't team up with enough people or with the right people.

Zekester
Oct 31, 2012, 01:09 PM
My only thought is Techer being buffed more. I mean, Techers and Forces completely destroy MPA, I don't even need to swing my weapon to hit anything.

Im curious to see solo TAs. I do like the effort of teamwork, but sometimes when another player F's up and we have to redo it kinda frustrates me. Now on solo TA it'll just be you're fault only.

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 01:11 PM
@Z-0

I did my best finding a post mentioning PSO1 relating to PSO2's difficulty. Maybe I've missed something? This problem is completely unrelated to PSO1 anyway.

However PSO1 was nowhere near the joke PSO2 is now when it comes to enemy aggression.

Z-0
Oct 31, 2012, 01:11 PM
The Techer buff is probably because, efficiency wise, Forces completely trump them. You can argue as much as you like "but Techer is more fun, melee-mix, yadayada", but you can't argue against the fact that Force makes Techer look useless in how fast they kill.

The Techer buff will most likely boost its melee capabilities rather than its teching ones, so they can keep up with technique spamming FOs.

EDIT: The reason I said that is that things keep getting compared to PSO1, maybe not difficulty, but it was bound to come up at some point. PSO1 was not difficult unless you were new, which is the case on PSO2 as well. Once you have a team of players and standard equipment, everything is easy, in both games.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 31, 2012, 01:13 PM
RIGHT? 50 gwana kills and not a single rare one, what the fuck!

Try arround 150 without seeing one.

I spend way to much time hunting this bastard and only see 3 so far. I think my total Gwana kill count will be between arround 200 right now.

Watch everyone and his mom getting Demoliton Comet now though. Goodbye exclusive feel.

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 01:20 PM
EDIT: The reason I said that is that things keep getting compared to PSO1, maybe not difficulty, but it was bound to come up at some point. PSO1 was not difficult unless you were new, which is the case on PSO2 as well. Once you have a team of players and standard equipment, everything is easy, in both games.
I disagree. An RPG with a lvling system will always become easy eventually. That's the nature and charm of the genre. Depending on your skills, it will determine how much you gotta level to complete said content. I think that is the case in PSO1, and may have been your case to why your calling it easy. Perhaps you were someone who'd continiiously do TTF?

However PSO2 doesn't even require even that. The game is easy, and building your character(even at a basic lvl) makes the game even more easy. So wait I get it now, people level to make the game feel like super easy? Is that the defenition of fun for people playing PSO2?

Oh yeah of course the bosses. The game's only redeeming point. I'll always give credit to those.

Resanoca
Oct 31, 2012, 01:24 PM

I spend way to much time hunting this bastard and only see 3 so far. I think my total Gwana kill count will be between arround 200 right now.

Watch everyone and his mom getting Demoliton Comet now though. Goodbye exclusive feel.
My mom already got one thank you.

Skyly
Oct 31, 2012, 01:28 PM
I seen something about a search option they couldn't implement.. Are they kinda talking about a "condition search" like they had in PSU?

Z-0
Oct 31, 2012, 01:32 PM
Man, I wish I did have the patience to do only TTF. Rather, I played everything. Never did feel difficult after a while. Wasn't at the end of levels either when that happened, rather low 100s. I tend to be a team player rather than a solo player, and just having friends there makes things easy in this game (they weren't overpowered people either).

Which brings me to another point. How exactly can you make this game difficult when catering to 12 player MPAs? Something that makes players die a lot isn't difficult, rather cheap (think: random backstabbing megids in PSO1). Enemies moving faster isn't going to do a whole lot of good; rifles hit instantly, techniques such as Rafoie and Sazan activate on the enemy itself, which makes the point moot. Different enemy patterns can also be likened to the same counter-argument. You'd only make this game "difficult" for melee classes, and even then it's not going to be difficult, rather annoying (think: Signo Guns).

And I wish the bosses were difficult, but after a while, they become tediously easy once you learn their movement patterns. Things are only difficult in these games when you're new, then after a while, it's all the same stuff.

NoiseHERO
Oct 31, 2012, 01:40 PM
I seen something about a search option they couldn't implement.. Are they kinda talking about a "condition search" like they had in PSU?

They were asking for "partial search"

Like, if I was searching for "kitty death laser kawaii rainbow gun"

I'd only have to type kitty and every weapon with "kitty" in it shows up.

Good if you don't fully remember a weapon's name. Or if it takes forever to type.

Griffin
Oct 31, 2012, 01:57 PM

Either way, we will lose an exclusive feel. After all, there will never be a single rare that only one player will want. If I were to get Dusters today, someone else will probably get it that day if we all truly share the same odds. I am sure you know that, I just wanted to say something. :U

GoldenFalcon
Oct 31, 2012, 02:01 PM
As for the untranslated part of the first post, it stipulates that Sega will try to implement a way for people to check the market price of a certain item so as to reduce the number of queries to the system.

This is what like 90% of my searches are for lol

BIG OLAF
Oct 31, 2012, 02:04 PM
Who cares if items aren't going to be as "exclusive"? So you won't be that 1-out-of-1000 special little snowflake that has _______ item, boo-hoo. Not like the item loses its power or cool looks.

untrustful
Oct 31, 2012, 02:11 PM
The increase in the drop rates for rares should also lower the prices in the shops, and I'll trade exclusivity for that anyday.

NoiseHERO
Oct 31, 2012, 02:14 PM
I would say something along the lines of "LOL why are people justifying the RNG and crude droprates just for that "accomplished unique feeling"(which no one will care about but you.) you'll never have either way. Either way as in if it does drop "just enough" you can just buy one. and if it "rarely" drops, you'll just NEVER get one unless you're really lucky."

But then I'll realized I said it anyway, but the changes are happening in my favor and there's nothing you can do about it.

Then I'll proceed to laugh as the game becomes 30% more fun for me.

Sierhiet
Oct 31, 2012, 02:17 PM

I'm with this crowd of dissent... What is really stunning to me is the "I play other games" argument being thrown around, as if that's in any way a valid point. So it's our fault you ladies and gentlemen don't know how to manage your own time accordingly? It's the game's fault you have another 'game' to play? The argument is downright pathetic and is reflective of some really weak, indignant attitudes on these threads. The same ones intent on writing off the US release due to 'lack of content' but are perfectly fine paying markup prices for Webmoney AC in order to access 'content' your going to complain about anyway, and a preferred community demographic. And the current levels aren't setting a precedent for anything, that argument is moot. Experience has always been adjusted accordingly as the cap rises. PSU is probably the best example of this. The higher the cap got, the easier it was to achieve lower levels. Rare merchandise introduced in specific updates became common fodder after silly events we're brought into play to appease the same casual player's who, with their short attention spans, would quit the game immediately after acquiring said rare. It's really an endless circle.

I agree with some of the unpretentious introductions such as keeping player's from auto-following and making 10*s actually effective and less mediocre as it gives you even more of an incentive to actually hunt for them. I'm undecided on the Matter Board amendment (as long as they don't low ball the number of enemies that need to die, it could work fairly.) I am not supportive of the drop rate reduction, or the rare enemy rate increasing.

tl;dr As paying customers, you are entitled to a good time, and what you payed for. You are not entitled to novel fucking rares, which are intended to be incentives for players putting in the extra time, and enjoying themselves while doing it. Some of the complaining, which Sakai obviously is acting on, will inevitably adversely effect the game.

Griffin
Oct 31, 2012, 02:17 PM
I would say something along the lines of "LOL why are people justifying the RNG and crude droprates just for that "accomplished unique feeling"(which no one will care about but you.) you'll never have either way. Either way as in if it does drop "just enough" you can just buy one. and if it "rarely" drops, you'll just NEVER get one unless you're really lucky."

But then I'll realized I said it anyway, but the changes are happening in my favor and there's nothing you can do about it.

Then I'll proceed to laugh as the game becomes 30% more fun for me.

You fucking dick. I love you.

Chik'Tikka
Oct 31, 2012, 02:30 PM
will the drop rate increase affect rewards from completing e-trials???+^_^+ shame about the friends partner thing, there's a couple of bots i actually like to use that i won't be able to anymore+^_^+

Raymee
Oct 31, 2012, 02:37 PM
Exclusive feel? Are you joking?

That's just dumb competition.

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 02:37 PM
The level curve was definitely unfair for people who have no lives and play other games.

Fix'd

Cuz as I mentioned before. I do a LOT more than just play this game, and I have no problem with the level curve.

Not sure why people talk about PSO1 being the holy grail of online RPGs; it's not like PSO1 was difficult either.

Difficulty means NOTHING. I dont play games cuz they're hard, I play them because they're entertaining. Entertaining games can be hard or easy (tetris is easy, yet its entertaining, games like terraria are hard if you play on medium core, but still rather entertaining, pso1 was incredibly entertaining considering i have been playing that shit since dreamcast days)

If you are playing this game expecting it to be a challenge, go to something else cuz it will NEVER be that.

I did my best finding a post mentioning PSO1 relating to PSO2's difficulty

It was probably one of my quotes. However, something that I have noticed occur frequently from this community both on the forums and in game is that people have the tendency to misinterpret what they read and instead place their own idea's in place of what the post was talking about.

My comparison for pso1 vs pso2 was for the exp. Had nothing to do with how hard this game is or how shitty the RGN is. Simply the exp rate and what is unlocked at the time.

What I wanted to point out was simply the level curve, and how I assumed that in this game they were going for something along the same line. I corrected myself later after remembering that this game is incomplete and they will probably add many more levels passed 50 in which they will have the opportunity to change the level curve, however suggested a better idea instead of reducing the require exp is to reduce the required levels to play VH free mode areas.

I was also stating that I did not wish this game to become like every other MMORPG released recently which involved quick level ups to level cap, and the game doesnt really "begin" until the maximum level has been reached. If that happened to this game I would be disappointed. The thing those other games offered was end-game content.

This game does not have that. You can kill quartz dragon at level 45. Being level 50/50 makes little difference on whether or not it can be killed.

Those games, you HAVE to have X amount of max level characters to fight the end game bosses, otherwise you get two shotted or something.

What does this game have then? A level grind & RGN farm. Thats what it was before, thats what I personally would like it to be now (as it sort of is currently, but probably wont be after this second nerf).

What is really stunning to me is the "I play other games" argument being thrown around, as if that's in any way a valid point..... a bunch of words follow.

I agree with everything you said, Sierhiet. Especially that part.

All that aside, we just gotta wait until they "finish" the game. Then hopefully everyone is satisfied.

Alenoir
Oct 31, 2012, 02:38 PM
will the drop rate increase affect rewards from completing e-trials???+^_^+ shame about the friends partner thing, there's a couple of bots i actually like to use that i won't be able to anymore+^_^+

Only if you have the "no friend partner allowed" box checked while creating the party. That's when the system match your party up with other parties also with the same box checked.

Raymee
Oct 31, 2012, 02:46 PM
I guess the reason why they didn't release all the levels is because no one wants to see a level 190 ramping over a run intended for level 20s or at least I do.

It would be no fun. So I see how it makes sense for everyone to be on equal level.

Ok, but back to the exclusive feel, that's really dumb.

"Herpaderp I got my demo comet befor... oh what's this??? Two other people have it too?? Darn you Sega for ruining drop rates!!! I wanted to be the only one to have this!!!11"

Dumb dumb dumb.

gravityvx
What I find hilarious is the fact that so many people are jumping the gun about the drop rate when it'll most likely be raised like 2-5%. More than likely nothing will change at all besides 10* becoming a little more common from the stupid idea of making rare spawns more common instead of just increasing the drop rate on their pools, assuming that they actually increase this by a fairly large rate given how rare they actually are. Just like the 10* patch people jumped the gun, rares became far more common and many of them far more obtainable, only not the newer ones.

[Ayumi]
Who cares if items aren't going to be as "exclusive"? So you won't be that 1-out-of-1000 special little snowflake that has _______ item, boo-hoo. Not like the item loses its power or cool looks.

Power, no.
Cool looks? To few or many, the answer might be yes.
I know a few like this.

CelestialBlade
Oct 31, 2012, 02:47 PM
tl;dr As paying customers, you are entitled to a good time, and what you payed for. You are not entitled to novel fucking rares, which are intended to be incentives for players putting in the extra time, and enjoying themselves while doing it. Some of the complaining, which Sakai obviously is acting on, will inevitably adversely effect the game.
Truth, though my only counterpoint is that rare drops being RNG-based isn't a real reflection of time invested, it's all luck. Time invested only provides you with more "rolls" to see if you got the item or not, and no matter how much time you put in, you could get it on the first try or you might never get it. That, to me, is the problem. You can't look at someone with an uber-rare and assume they put a lot of time into hunting it. Chances are they found it by accident. There's little accomplishment felt in a purely luck-based system.

That's something I personally don't like, and it's not the end of the world, just wanteEd to make a quick point. Just makes the "exclusivity" argument all the more pointless. Rares aren't status symbols when a RNG determines everything.

Edit: Here's an idea...scale the drop rate slightly with how many <target enemy> you kill? Would at least let you feel like you're working towards something. I just can't hunt one certain thing 150 times knowing full well the game doesn't give a fuck if I've ran it once or 150 times.

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 02:50 PM
Truth, though my only counterpoint is that rare drops being RNG-based isn't a real reflection of time invested, it's all luck.

This.

I spent literally the ENTIRE first week of very hard mode in desert farming a blade dance using rare droprate drinks. I've had dozens of 4 way cross bursts and god knows what else, simply trying to find a damn Blade Dance.

I still dont have one and its been 2 weeks or so since release, and something like 500 have dropped on our ship, probably all to random lucky bastards who were just strolling through desert on their force class and dont even have fighter unlocked : /

I'm all for the +rare drop shit (even though its not gonna effect this item, bastards). I'm still gonna spend all my excubes on +250% rdr trying to get either this or two kamui i know it :(

I get NOTHING i need. I just want a better pair of daggers.

Instead, I go to FC for 5 minutes (literally, 5 fucking minutes) and what do i get? The best 9* rod you can find (lambda something). I dont plan on playing force ever again, so i sold that shit....

FOR 7 MILLION! Now i've got 14.5 mil in my bank waiting for a good weapon to be grinded/affixed : /

Raymee
Oct 31, 2012, 02:53 PM
;2876673']Power, no.
I know a few like this.

Damn, that's just their dumb mentality.

It's technically competition: to get it before others.

Who gives a living shit about others. Lmao this game is for yourself and your team (if you like TAing but honestly no need to get jealous over someone that also has your items)

What the hell do you gain from that? Satisfaction at first, then unhappiness at the fact that later on a lot of people have the item

BIG OLAF
Oct 31, 2012, 02:55 PM
;2876673']Power, no.
I know a few like this.

The perception of the weapon due to it being more common does not equal how it actually looks.

NoiseHERO
Oct 31, 2012, 02:56 PM
This.

I spent literally the ENTIRE first week of very hard mode in desert farming a blade dance using rare droprate drinks. I've had dozens of 4 way cross bursts and god knows what else, simply trying to find a damn Blade Dance.

I still dont have one and its been 2 weeks or so since release, and something like 500 have dropped on our ship, probably all to random lucky bastards who were just strolling through desert on their force class and dont even have fighter unlocked : /

I'm all for the +rare drop shit (even though its not gonna effect this item, bastards). I'm still gonna spend all my excubes on +250% rdr trying to get either this or two kamui i know it :(

I get NOTHING i need. I just want a better pair of daggers.

Instead, I go to FC for 5 minutes (literally, 5 fucking minutes) and what do i get? The best 9* rod you can find (lambda something). I dont plan on playing force ever again, so i sold that shit....

FOR 7 MILLION! Now i've got 14.5 mil in my bank waiting for a good weapon to be grinded/affixed : /

Another thing that bugs me.

You ALWAYS get rares from the class you're not using.

Even though non rares drop specific to your class.

I know they want people to play all the classes. But that's kind of underhanded. I should want to play another class, because I want to play another class.

Not because I found a 10* rod and I don't want it to go to waste.

Raymee
Oct 31, 2012, 02:57 PM
It's really just the fact that THEY got it before ______ (fill in a group of people or one person)
Or that THEY were the first ones who got it before _______

jooozek
Oct 31, 2012, 03:00 PM
(...)

You ALWAYS get rares from the class you're not using(...)

If it worked like that then it'd be nice, you could exclude the drops that you don't want to by playing the class for which them they are, too bad, I've found plenty spardions/daylight scars/zanbas as a hunter :-?

gravityvx
Oct 31, 2012, 03:02 PM
Truth, though my only counterpoint is that rare drops being RNG-based isn't a real reflection of time invested, it's all luck. Time invested only provides you with more "rolls" to see if you got the item or not, and no matter how much time you put in, you could get it on the first try or you might never get it. That, to me, is the problem. You can't look at someone with an uber-rare and assume they put a lot of time into hunting it. Chances are they found it by accident. There's little accomplishment felt in a purely luck-based system.

That's something I personally don't like, and it's not the end of the world, just wanted to make a quick point. Just makes the "exclusivity" argument all the more pointless. Rares aren't status symbols when a RNG determines everything.

Technically that is how every RNG system works on every single mmo that uses it I don't know why people act like they don't know this, example, the more you raid or instances in said mmo for gear the more likely you'll have a chance seeing the gear you want, not only that but in pso you don't even have to compete with anyone so by that making it even easier than most games, it indeed adds up to time invested whether you receive the drop your first time through or 20th and if no one found this system accomplishing it would not be so insanely popular in this genre. Hell, even if it's the wrong item, you got a rare, rngtoostrongright? Like I've said before you don't get anything by doing nothing whether it's buying it through money you saved up or hunting for said item. Point is, both required you to put time into doing them to get what you want. That is unless you're some insanely rich american buying AC to make money.

The Walrus
Oct 31, 2012, 03:03 PM
At the very least they could make it so you have a higher chance of getting rares for the class you're currently playing

[Ayumi]
Oct 31, 2012, 03:03 PM

Doesn't help people like me with no mags or skills. I need about 3 or 4 more levels on my force to use a rod I've had in my box for about a month now. (It's a グラマシェント mind you, if you must know).
But yeah, I level mainly to get acess to areas. Some the last area (so far) is at level 44 which is already a chore to get to and I bet next week Ruins will be level 45 which is even worse for my level 42 classes (Finally got 45 on Force early yesterday).

untrustful
Oct 31, 2012, 03:05 PM
Could anyone list the main problems that are not being dealt with?

[Ayumi]
Oct 31, 2012, 03:06 PM
Damn, that's just their dumb mentality.

It's technically competition: to get it before others.

Who gives a living shit about others. Lmao this game is for yourself and your team (if you like TAing but honestly no need to get jealous over someone that also has your items)

What the hell do you gain from that? Satisfaction at first, then unhappiness at the fact that later on a lot of people have the item

The perception of the weapon due to it being more common does not equal how it actually looks.

I never said me.
I don't give a rat's ass if someone got a rare I got. I only care if I got a rare I actually want and not shit I would never want or use.
"Exclusivity"? No thanks.

Angelo
Oct 31, 2012, 03:08 PM
I think the XP lowering is more or less a good thing.

I consider myself to be a slightly 'above casual' player, but still an everyman.

I buy a modest amount of AC every month, have a fairly demanding full-time job and social life and play the game for about an hour or two a day. I 'grind' at a leisurely pace and take long breathers to chat with my friends in game.

All this being said I've only got halfway to 43 through this play method after hitting 42 a week and a half ago. It's fairly discouraging, especially considering I'll have to do this again with a class I don't really fancy that much (my subclass).

Raymee
Oct 31, 2012, 03:10 PM
;2876695']I never said me.
I don't give a rat's ass if someone got a rare I got. I only care if I got a rare I actually want and not shit I would never want or use.
"Exclusivity"? No thanks.

Please note that I said "their." You know, the people you know. I have nothing against anyone here.

Then I started talking in general.

Griffin
Oct 31, 2012, 03:13 PM
Not trying to be a hero, but I think you guys are jumpiing on Ce'Nedra's comment a tad bit harsh. T T

Raymee
Oct 31, 2012, 03:23 PM
It's something I felt like addressing since the beginning of this thread

Sierhiet
Oct 31, 2012, 03:27 PM

That's something I personally don't like, and it's not the end of the world, just wanteEd to make a quick point. Just makes the "exclusivity" argument all the more pointless. Rares aren't status symbols when a RNG determines everything.

Edit: Here's an idea...scale the drop rate slightly with how many <target enemy> you kill? Would at least let you feel like you're working towards something. I just can't hunt one certain thing 150 times knowing full well the game doesn't give a fuck if I've ran it once or 150 times.

A few points should be made. The time invested provides more rolls as you mentioned. At the end of the day though, that math adds up. Those possibilities in a majority of cases, are vindicated and the player's looking for that uber-rare either find it in their 150 runs, find something else they can trade for it OR, accumulate the currency to purchase it in player shops. Those who don't put in the time either get lucky, or give up after their 50th run. The chances of the 'lucky' guy getting the rare in reality aren't nearly as much as the guy who's putting in said time. It's a matter of fact. Yes the luck aspect of it is still there, but your dealing with a numbers game at the end of the day.

That exclusivity feel that the hardcore / resilient get isn't acquired through gaining that ONE lucky rare in the PSO franchise. It comes from an understanding of the system, and gaining a number of rares through a number of runs which inevitably increased their chances to acquire said number of rares, if you get what I'm saying. It also comes from an understanding of the economy and knowing when to ditch said merchandise because of the inevitable devaluing of specific rares through updates, events, ect. The typical elitist doesn't have just one lucky rare. He has a boat load, even in a game based off a system similar to the RNG.

tl;dr Where there's a game, there will be a means of competition. Those shouting crap like "Play for yourself" or taking the casual argument shouldn't be concerned about said rares anyway. The game itself should suffice for you. For the people who want a test of resilience, challenge, elitism, or whatever you want call it, there's the grind and said reward from it.

Edit: Basically what gravityvx said, albeit I've a few more details.

jooozek
Oct 31, 2012, 03:31 PM
Good luck accumulating enough currency for 10* stuff that isn't even tradeable.

Sierhiet
Oct 31, 2012, 03:37 PM
Good luck accumulating enough currency for 10* stuff that isn't even tradeable.

The only reason why they implemented that rule was because of the constant complaining from broke motherfuckers casual or disgruntled players who felt their time is worth more then everyone else's. Which basically goes back to my original argument.

Some of the complaining, which Sakai obviously is acting on, will inevitably adversely effect the game. It already has.

Z-0
Oct 31, 2012, 03:41 PM
It's just a shame there's nothing you can really do to increase chances of getting an item outside of drop rate boosters. The maps are random, the spawns are random (to a degree; you'll always get the same enemy group in a co-ordinate providing you roll the same spawn), the rare enemies are random, the drops are random, PSE effects are random, the length of a PSE Burst is random, getting codes is random, finding 11 other players to grind a map with you is also kind of random (3 isn't so bad), getting something that's actually worth something is random (because you probably won't), and probably more.

The most one can do is keep making and remaking for maps to have a lot of the enemy they want (which can take hours), but maps die after 4 hours, and you most likely won' t find your item after that period of time, in which you'll have to start making and remaking for maps.

This game is just far too random at the end of the day. The people with a truckload of rare items before 10*s were those who knew how to play the market, rather than play the game (although people who also knew how to play the game were rewarded with a lot of meseta to get the rares they wanted; which is rather moot now since maps die and items are worth almost nothing these days).

Oct 31, 2012, 03:44 PM

idk why people are complaining about this comment, he is 1000% correct. First of all, how is it competition? Finding an uber doesn't make you a "pro" player by any means, it comes from one of two ways. Getting lucky or dedication to finding the rare you are after. I find it rather boring to see every FI/HU wielding a Lambda Artisin, it has been made wayyy too common imo considering how good and useful it is. I wouldn't mind if they made some of the good 10*'s slightly more common but please sega, keep some ubers, UBER.

I like the idea for most of these changes as long as they do not go overboard. ex: lower exp is fine but dont make it stupid easy to hit 50. Drop rates increase/rare boss increase rates are fine, but dont make them too common till the point where they are not all that rare....

At the end of the day, if rares aren't really rare and lvl capping is super easy whats the fun in the game? We will be right back at square one when everyone was capped at lvl 40 and every RA had a Tigedor and Ridultiv, and Gramascieto's and Ardiollo's were supper common... Then everyone can start bitching all over again.... "wahhhh there is no new content we are bored", then when new content comes out "wahhh our items are being out classed to quickly"

Let the never ending bitching cycle begin....

Sierhiet
Oct 31, 2012, 03:52 PM
At the end of the day, if rares aren't really rare and lvl capping is super easy whats the fun in the game? We will be right back at square one when everyone was capped at lvl 40 and every RA had a Tigedor and Ridultiv, and Gramascieto's and Ardiollo's were supper common... Then everyone can start bitching all over again.... "wahhhh there is no new content we are bored", then when new content comes out "wahhh our items are being out classed to quickly"

Let the never ending bitching cycle begin....

Really good point.

http://cdn.head-fi.org/a/aa/314x314px-LL-aa7dc103_clap.gif

Raymee
Oct 31, 2012, 03:58 PM
idk why people are complaining about this comment, he is 1000% correct. First of all, how is it competition? Finding an uber doesn't make you a "pro" player by any means, it comes from one of two ways.

It seems you've missed my point, I believe it's the mentality of looking down on others because they don't have your so-called exclusive item and that you should have a superiority complex over them just because they have something shittier or 2nd tier. There are people I know who do that and I find it annoying. I'm sorry if it is unnecessary for me to express my thoughts on this but I thought I should just point it out.

Edit: Now I hope I didn't go too far in this cause I'm not calling anyone here an elitist. So if anyone thinks I'm attacking someone, they're in the wrong cause I'm speaking in general. Elitism is always bad.

Sierhiet
Oct 31, 2012, 04:04 PM
It seems you've missed my point, I believe it's the mentality of looking down on others because they don't have your so-called exclusive item and that you should have a superiority complex over them just because they have something shittier or 2nd tier. There are people I know who do that and I find it annoying. I'm sorry if it is unnecessary for me to express my thoughts on this but I thought I should just point it out.

I would argue that your targeting a small demographic of players. I would also counter-argue that the number of players with an inferiority complex would outweigh those with a superiority complex. That is, there are more players complaining (as evident in this thread) about not having rares then there are players dissing those without rares.

Raymee
Oct 31, 2012, 04:09 PM
Which I totally don't mind because in my case I could care less about what others have.
So if it's in my benefit then it is good for me.

BIG OLAF
Oct 31, 2012, 04:13 PM
idk why people are complaining about this comment, he is 1000% correct.

No, not really. Also, the "getting lucky" is the only way. Dedication may or may not get you anywhere, as CelestialBlade pointed out. Dat RNG.

I get a good chuckle out of the certain people that only post in these sorts of threads to play Devils Advocate, and then slink back into the shadows until the next opportunity arises.

Acel
Oct 31, 2012, 04:13 PM
I just hope they reduce the price for identifying rare weapons. Imagine spending 25k to identify something common that sells for only 200-400 meseta to the npcs(because nobody wanna buy it).

And hopefully they reduce the costs for adding affixes too. Its ridiculous how many hundreds of thousands (buying those +5% chance items) Ive spent to fail on all 80% success rate affixes yet talk about the amount Ive spent trying each time, totalling millions...

NoiseHERO
Oct 31, 2012, 04:14 PM
Wait, who was bitching about tigerdoink and armadillo being rare?

If anything I mostly heard the opposite.

jooozek
Oct 31, 2012, 04:19 PM
For everyone crying about items becoming too common: right here I'm putting a curse on your drops - all the ranged and melee weapons that will drop for you from now on, all will be attributeless!!! :disapprove::disapprove::disapprove:

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 04:23 PM
Well this thread exploded.

Who the hell complained that tigredors and gramascientos were too common?

jooozek
Oct 31, 2012, 04:24 PM
Well this thread exploded.

Who the hell complained that tigredors and gramascientos were too common?

Maybe those who ground up their tigredors to 50 attribute and couldn't stand the pleb to showoff theirs with no/15 attribute? :-?

Oct 31, 2012, 04:29 PM

Edit: Now I hope I didn't go too far in this cause I'm not calling anyone here an elitist. So if anyone thinks I'm attacking someone, they're in the wrong cause I'm speaking in general. Elitism is always bad.

Just to be clear, i was not singling you out or anyone else, i read a few comments and constructed my post.

No, not really. Also, the "getting lucky" is the only way. Dedication may or may not get you anywhere, as CelestialBlade pointed out. Dat RNG.

I get a good chuckle out of the certain people that only post in these sorts of threads to play Devils Advocate, and then slink back into the shadows until the next opportunity arises.

being dedicated and hunting 200+ gwanas like Ce'Nedra stated he did certainly help your odds, but at the end of the day it is of course just that, odds.... The more you play the odds, the better odds you have.

Also I dont know if you are referring to me in your last comment but if you are, the only reason i am commenting at all is because sandy has killed my power and i have relocated so i am bored and dont have access to pso. I dont usually comment because most of the comments/arguments on this forum are dumb and it is a waste of time to argue with close minded people. I have nothing else to do so i am trying to waste time right now, lol.

Wait, who was bitching about tigerdoink and armadillo being rare?

If anything I mostly heard the opposite.

I said the exact opposite lol.

Blundy
Oct 31, 2012, 04:37 PM
i figure some day they'll allow subclasses to gain a small amount of the main classes' experience while leveling, at least i hope so. That's what i'm waiting for.

BIG OLAF
Oct 31, 2012, 04:37 PM
But seriously, who's idea was it to make 10*'s untradeable, and then have the option to search for 10*'s in player shops? Best troll.

I think most people have noticed that and scratched their heads for a good while over it. It shows that it obviously wasn't originally intended to be the way that it is now. Makes one wonder what changed their minds regarding 10* trad-ability.

The Walrus
Oct 31, 2012, 04:41 PM
It was probably an attempt to make them seem rarer since you're forced to find them now so only the people who are on VH will even have the chance of getting them.

[Ayumi]
Oct 31, 2012, 04:42 PM
I think most people have noticed that and scratched their heads for a good while over it. It shows that it obviously wasn't originally intended to be the way that it is now. Makes one wonder what changed their minds regarding 10* trad-ability.

"Because looking for the rares is more fun than just buying them in the shops!"

Or so they freaking say...

Chik'Tikka
Oct 31, 2012, 04:48 PM
^ i have a feeling 10* trad-ability will be brought in when even higher star itmes come around+^_^+

Ce'Nedra
Oct 31, 2012, 05:14 PM
Either way, we will lose an exclusive feel. After all, there will never be a single rare that only one player will want. If I were to get Dusters today, someone else will probably get it that day if we all truly share the same odds. I am sure you know that, I just wanted to say something. :U

I know but not many dropped so far, I just would love to be part of that for just a little bit before they start dropping like the mad heh.

Cyron Tanryoku
Oct 31, 2012, 05:26 PM
There are a few changes I like, but some I don't.

What they really need to do is give us more areas in less time.
I'm startin' to get bored

Xaeris
Oct 31, 2012, 05:41 PM
Oo, there are some pretty nice changes here.

- The exp nerf is very welcome. The leveling curve, as it is now, would be okay if I had a single class and character to play, but between alts and sub classes, it really restricts what I can do. They definitely had the right idea, saying that it makes you focus on one class. Maybe they just felt they wouldn't be able to sell character slots as it was, but whatever, I'm happy.

- When I heard they were improving the Premium package, I had higher hopes. Like, maybe a choice between a skill tree reset/mag reset/beauty shop ticket per 30 days paid. Extra FUN is kinda boring, but I guess they could have done worse. Maybe this premium drink will improve rare drops. I can only hope.

- Blocking NPCs: Bisonyes.gif

- This hipster attitude toward the rare bosses and drop rates isn't even a little bit surprising. I played WoW for an uncomfortably long time, after all. I read that, and immediately understood why the thread was 14 pages long. Though at least it was a little more justified over there, seeing as those attitudes were a result of reducing the difficulty of the raids as opposed to making the lottery less stupid.

From the moment they decided that 10*s were going to be bind on pickup, this was pretty much inevitable. How many of the SSPN Launchers in existence are in the hands of people who have no interest in playing Ranger? Hell, how many of them are owned by Rangers who aren't built to meet the R-Atk requirement?

Hopefully, this is a substantial change and not just some 3% increase.

Mike
Oct 31, 2012, 06:57 PM
I want to say that it was changed because being able to buy your way to the top means less time grinding for items in-game and that means less time for Sega to try and make money off you. But who knows.

Omega-z
Oct 31, 2012, 06:58 PM
The only buff's I can see for Techer are a slight buff to T-Def, a faster swing time and longer range of attack for Wand to get the 6 target count more offend.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 07:03 PM
My only gripes with techer are the initial swing time taking so long, and the lack of forward movement during attacks. Enemies like to back up a bit when you hit them with melee, and wands keep you pretty much in the same place when attacking.

With how hard they hit and the extra hits they deal, swing time after you've gotten started is pretty good. It's just the lack of movement and that first hit taking long enough for most enemies to get their attacks in before you can inflict flinch that needs a looking at imo.

The skilltree is another story though, that's a scattered mess. For one, territory boost should require 1 SP in deband up or whatever it's called, not 5. Surely they want to promote EVERYONE getting the class's point of existing - advanced combat support - and those 2 extra SP required are a deal breaker for a lot of people.

That t-def up skill is pretty confusing too, since the class uses s-def. Either make it have good s-def AND t-def, or turn that skill into s-def and t-def up in one package.

edit:

I want to say that it was changed because being able to buy your way to the top means less time grinding for items in-game and that means less time for Sega to try and make money off you. But who knows.

I suspect that when they caved to player demands to make rares tradeable, since apparently at first they weren't going to be, they either changed all 7+* rares to be tradeable and listed them accordingly and only looked at it again with 10*'s, or they just had to pick some arbitrary number to show as the max in the filter list and went with 10 because it's a round number.

Konflyk
Oct 31, 2012, 07:11 PM
Level 44 is not extremely high level (requirement for FC, or was it 45? still, same thing), it takes at best a million exp to get, which is not that difficult.

And even if you hit ultimate at level 80, you were NOT doing ruins until level AT LEAST 120 or higher (solo 130-140+)

Not unlocking Ultimate at level 45, not running ultimate at level 45 how casual are you bro?:-?

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 07:11 PM
Also not doing ultimate ruins until 120 lol lol lol lol

Am I really the only person who reveled in running severely underleveled?

Neith
Oct 31, 2012, 07:12 PM
When lv40+ monsters are dying in a MPA before some players even land a hit, something is very wrong. I just don't understand why 7-9* rares are being made easier to get when the whole point of the recent economy overhaul was because there was a surplus!

It's one of very few criticisms I have of PSO2; players keep getting made stronger but the enemies aren't scaled accordingly. Because of this, there isn't even a semblence of challenge- enemies spawn and die almost as fast.

Oh, and Premium still isn't even close to worth it.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 07:16 PM
A couple points:
1. Not everyone MPA's. If MPAing is easy, MPAing needs a nerf. Not the game itself. I'd wager most players don't actually MPA, just the most visible ones.
2. There was a surplus of meseta. Meseta and items are not the same thing. If there's a thousand times the meseta prices will rise, hurting players who don't want to or don't have time to MPA. If there's a thousand times the items, prices will drop, helping those players.

Griffin
Oct 31, 2012, 08:03 PM
Game's easy because there's more defensive leeway. Being able to strafe, block, jump and use the terrain to the advantage are few things that grant usthe upperhand when fighting enemies. Making enemies faster or stalwart won't make the game more challenging, neither will increasing stats with the surplus of "LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN ARKS" on every block. The problem isn't enemies. It's us being overpowered as SHET.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 31, 2012, 08:10 PM
We just need Expert and Ultimate Mode and quests in those modes that are like PSO's "Endless Nightmare" or Challenge Mode where u can only use 1-2 star units and weps.

lol seems like some people want PSO2 to be as insanely hard as Demon Soul's or Monster Hunter 3 Extreme G 342 1/2 or something. LOL

Zyrusticae
Oct 31, 2012, 08:14 PM
Well, no.

The problem is exclusively limited to multiparties. I mean, it makes sense - if you take enemies that are balanced to be minor roadblocks for 4-man parties and then start throwing them at 12-man parties, things aren't going to work out very well. 12 people is 3 times as much firepower, or to put it another way, things are dying 3 times faster than they already were (and things already die pretty bloody fast in 4-mans).

All they have to do is make things scale a bit with multiparties. Not necessarily three times harder, but enemies should have, say, twice as much HP and hit stun resist when there's 12 players on the field.

I'm still a little miffed that they haven't addressed this at all. Clearly the great majority of their player base is exceedingly casual; most of the adjustments are very obviously trended in that direction. What a shame for those of us who like to hang out in multiparties and actually get to attack things.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 31, 2012, 08:23 PM
then everyone that wants it should post this numerous time to the suggestions/requests page:

12プレーヤーがあるマルチパーティエリアで敵の難易度を高める

go here:

Ezodagrom
Oct 31, 2012, 08:45 PM
lol seems like some people want PSO2 to be as insanely hard as Demon Soul's or Monster Hunter 3 Extreme G 342 1/2 or something. LOL
No, some of us just would like for enemies to not behave exactly the same in each difficulty.
Something like increasing enemies movement speed a little bit in each difficulty, or increasing the speed of their attack animations, or even adding a new attack to them in each difficulty, it would be great to have something different in enemies at each difficulty, instead of just a boost in stats.

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 08:53 PM
Well, no.

The problem is exclusively limited to multiparties. I mean, it makes sense - if you take enemies that are balanced to be minor roadblocks for 4-man parties and then start throwing them at 12-man parties, things aren't going to work out very well. 12 people is 3 times as much firepower, or to put it another way, things are dying 3 times faster than they already were (and things already die pretty bloody fast in 4-mans).

All they have to do is make things scale a bit with multiparties. Not necessarily three times harder, but enemies should have, say, twice as much HP and hit stun resist when there's 12 players on the field.

I'm still a little miffed that they haven't addressed this at all. Clearly the great majority of their player base is exceedingly casual; most of the adjustments are very obviously trended in that direction. What a shame for those of us who like to hang out in multiparties and actually get to attack things.
The 12 player MPA is totally seperate issue. No doubt the game is quite challenging when soloing even though the dopey behaviour of the enemies. But as soon you have 1 or 2 more players, the idiotic behaviour becomes alot more noticable and enemies wont hit you at all.

Try this allright. Join a team of 2/3 people and follow them by pressing "v" twice. Just try it and see how many times you get hit. See how smart and agressive the enemies are.

I actually don't mind the chaotic MPA experience. If the game does get harder of course it'd be even better.

We just need Expert and Ultimate Mode and quests in those modes that are like PSO's "Endless Nightmare" or Challenge Mode where u can only use 1-2 star units and weps.

^
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9kvolGhYR1r2g7mto1_500.png

ShadowDragon28
Oct 31, 2012, 10:18 PM
In a theoretical Expert and Ultimate modes, the enemies would conceivably move faster/attack faster and knock down/knock back players easily and have an additional method of attack or 100% guarenteed status effects like poison, megid hit that does 98% damage to players HP, being electrified, whatever.
I predict something like this is in the works for a future update.

BTW no need to be rude Agitated_AT. Playing Solo as Hunter class with multiparty disallowed, the game is very challeging, at least to me it is.

Squire Grooktook
Oct 31, 2012, 10:22 PM

Come come, there are more notches on the challenge scale then just "kirby's adventure or demon's souls". I just want the game to be more consistently exciting.

Don't get me wrong, the game has moments where it's very challenging and satisfying. It's just completely inconsistent with it.

In a theoretical Expert and Ultimate modes, the enemies would conceivably move faster/attack faster and knock down/knock back players easily and have an additional method of attack or 100% guarenteed status effects like poison, megid hit that does 98% damage to players HP, being electrified, whatever.

BTW no need to be rude Agitated_AT. Playing Solo as Hunter class with multiparty disallowed, the game is very challeging, at least to me it is.

I agree, ultimately I don't really care because there's just so much room for expansion on this game. Even if Sega is committed to appealing to bad casual players, there's nothing stopping them from maybe implementing a campaign or challenge mode aimed at a more thrill seeking crowd.

I also agree with you that solo hunter is a lot of fun. It's just that the spawner tends to drive me crazy. Sometimes I'll step into a normal mission thinking I'll have an easy mission, and get SWARMED by mob after mob of El Dagan's and Signo Beats. Other times, I'll go in expecting some combat, and get nothing but 2 or 3 larva darker at a time.

Ezodagrom
Oct 31, 2012, 10:31 PM

You're still missing the point. I don't think anyone would like a sudden difficulty spike like that, I don't think I would even call that difficult, just cheap.
Plus, having to grind through several different difficulty modes to reach that one or two high level difficulty modes that actually feels different, I'm not sure journey until then would be much fun.

Difficulty is something that, in my opinion, should be incremental, small improvements in enemy behaviour and speed in each difficulty, maybe some new attacks as well (new attacks wouldn't have to be in every difficulty mode, but maybe an addition every 2 or 3 modes), other than making the game a bit harder in each difficulty mode, it would also make the game feel less "samey".
Current enemy behaviour and speed is fine for normal mode, but for hard and very hard, it's not fine, and this lack of change in enemies behaviour adds to a feeling of repetition.

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 10:36 PM

I'm sorry for my rudeness, but I just don't get this weird mentality of "just wait for the next mode, it'll be allright" cuz by now people may have allready poured hundreds of hours in the game and gotten the idea that the game is simply the way it is. If there is "supposed" to be difficulty, it's gotta be soon or else there'll just be diehards that play this game as a cosmetic and collection game who'll experience it.

I don't know any game that asks you to pour hundreds hours to reach something challenging. You don't want PSO2 to be that game with such a terrible gamedesign. The only reason I complain about this is because I am a SEGAfan, love the series and want it to be great and succeed.

Griffin
Oct 31, 2012, 10:38 PM
I still think everything in the game so far is typical seeing it's F2P. Hate to sound cynical. :U

I think some people are still in the mindset of P2P from when they played PSO and PSU that they feel the game should be much better. But those games being P2P didn't mean much from what I've heard.

Porkmaster
Oct 31, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hey, this is a good sign! Definitely a step in the right direction! Now if the difficulty could be addressed, we'd be in business.

Squire Grooktook
Oct 31, 2012, 10:44 PM
I'm sorry for my rudeness, but I just don't get this weird mentality of "just wait for the next mode, it'll be allright" cuz by now people may have allready poured hundreds of hours in the game and gotten the idea that the game is simply the way it is. If there is "supposed" to be difficulty, it's gotta be soon or else there'll just be diehards that play this game as a cosmetic and collection game who'll experience it.

I like challenge and I'm fine waiting. Even if the game is terribly inconsistent with it's challenge, it's still a lot of fun, and I enjoy playing it. So even if it doesn't improve I still enjoy playing.

I still think everything in the game so far is typical seeing it's F2P. Hate to sound cynical. :U

I think some people are still in the mindset of P2P from when they played PSO and PSU that they feel the game should be much better. But those games being P2P didn't mean much from what I've heard.

Honestly, I like the game slightly better then PSO1. It's a tough fight, but this one comes out very slightly on top for me at least.

Konflyk
Oct 31, 2012, 10:48 PM
Well so far everyone has legit arguments towards difficulty, PSO2 now sits on par with games the like of DMC, Bayonetta and the such, and Bayonetta you get punished pretty hard for making a mistake it's similar in PSO2, but the enemies don't have the proper aggression tactics even as the difficulty scales up, most enemies remain docile, bosses fall into patterns, in proper action titles enemies are out for blood, they don't want you to get a chance to breathe, PSO2 should have enemies behave the same way, either by targeting lowest HP in party or increasing aggression as your HP falls lower. Sega could do anything to make the game more difficult and the first step is with the enemy AI

Griffin
Oct 31, 2012, 10:49 PM
I like challenge and I'm fine waiting. Even if the game is terribly inconsistent with it's challenge, it's still a lot of fun, and I enjoy playing it. So even if it doesn't improve I still enjoy playing.

Honestly, I like the game slightly better then PSO1. It's a tough fight, but this one comes out very slightly on top for me at least.

PSO2 is very action-oriented, so it can never truly be nostalgic, which is why I don't understand why people bring up the online predecessors when it comes to PSO2 having a "problem". Things have to adjust to this day and age. If a game like PSO1 were to release NOW, well....

Konflyk
Oct 31, 2012, 10:52 PM
PSO2 is very action-oriented, so it can never truly be nostalgic, which is why I don't understand why people bring up the online predecessors when it comes to PSO2 having a "problem". Things have to adjust to this day and age. If a game like PSO1 were to release NOW, well....

What's with the plural for "predecessor" I swore there were only 2 Phantasy Star Online games that were actually online. Also Diablo 3 aka 1996 in 2012 with Korean addons and look how well it sold.

Squire Grooktook
Oct 31, 2012, 10:52 PM

Actually imo, PSO1 could pass today if they just took out all the cheap shit like the miss stat or the unavoidable attacks. I mean yeah, it's slow. But I, and any other action focused gamer, should prefer Pso1's combat over just clicking shit in WoW or whatever.

Porkmaster
Oct 31, 2012, 10:53 PM
Well so far everyone has legit arguments towards difficulty, PSO2 now sits on par with games the like of DMC, Bayonetta and the such, and Bayonetta you get punished pretty hard for making a mistake it's similar in PSO2, but the enemies don't have the proper aggression tactics even as the difficulty scales up, most enemies remain docile, bosses fall into patterns, in proper action titles enemies are out for blood, they don't want you to get a chance to breathe, PSO2 should have enemies behave the same way, either by targeting lowest HP in party or increasing aggression as your HP falls lower. Sega could do anything to make the game more difficult and the first step is with the enemy AI

:yes:

That's absolutely right.

Squire Grooktook
Oct 31, 2012, 10:54 PM
Yeah, Bayonetta was easy as heck UNTIL they started adding really aggressive fast moving enemies. Like those claw guys (forget the name).

Griffin
Oct 31, 2012, 10:56 PM
What's with the plural for "predecessor" I swore there were only 2 Phantasy Star Online games that were actually online. Also Diablo 3 aka 1996 in 2012 with Korean addons and look how well it sold.

Are we really going down the semantics route? :C

Zyrusticae
Oct 31, 2012, 10:57 PM
Rose-tinted goggles alert!

Give me a break. Go play PSO1 again right now, I dare you. You'll quickly realize how many advancements PSO2 has made that you're just taking for granted at this point.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 31, 2012, 10:58 PM
I play for the fun of just killing things with cool looking weapons i like the design off, I dont give a flying f**k if it's super challenging or super hard.

My only wish is that they bring back themed quests that is something similar to Central Dome Fire swirl (the Burning Rangers themed quest), Fake in Yellow, Dream Messenger (the Night Into Dreams themed quest),

and some kind of MINI GAMES like A casino, or a mini Nights Into Dreams or Space Harrier mini game that one could download within the game and play on your PC to earn a little extra FUN points, like score 10k pnts in the game get 50 Fun Pnts, or a Slot machine to win 30, 50, 100 Fun pnts.

Griffin
Oct 31, 2012, 10:58 PM
I mean yeah, it's slow. But I, and any other action focused gamer, should prefer Pso1's combat over just clicking shit in WoW or whatever.

I'm with you, but look at how many onliners today are point and click.

PSO2 might pave a small path for games to be more hack and slash. I dunno.

Z-0
Oct 31, 2012, 11:00 PM
If the game is so easy, why do people die often?

Hm...

I feel like I'm in an extreme minority here when I say the difficulty bugs me at all. If you're joining 12-player MPAs, what do you expect? An entire mob to be a stone wall that will not be exciting, but rather aggravating that you're waiting minutes to move to the next co-ordinate?

ShadowDragon28
Oct 31, 2012, 11:02 PM
MPA's are useful to help complete certain client orders. like those one's where you have to kill 5 Vol Dragons or whatever. lol

Coatl
Oct 31, 2012, 11:05 PM
The people complaining about things being easy just farm MP all the time.
Boss running has gotten pretty popular, as well as TA. Go try either of those and I assure you it's not the same as MP farming.

Konflyk
People die because they're misfortunate or careless(casual as fuck) I've had moments where I get hit by 1 enemy, stagger, combo dead, I've had others where it's a clear one shot because my HP is too low, but honestly if it isn't one of those it's impossible to die in this game or damn near impossible.

Porkmaster
I play for the fun of just killing things with cool looking weapons i like the design off, I dont give a flying f**k if it's super challenging or super hard.

My only wish is that they bring back themed quests that is something similar to Central Dome Fire swirl (the Burning Rangers themed quest), Fake in Yellow, Dream Messenger (the Night Into Dreams themed quest),

and some kind of MINI GAMES like A casino, or a mini Nights Into Dreams or Space Harrier mini game that one could download within the game and play on your PC to earn a little extra FUN points, like score 10k pnts in the game get 50 Fun Pnts, or a Slot machine to win 30, 50, 100 Fun pnts.

A casino, I like that. I could see myself kickin' back with a beer and spend a night playing PSO2 poker with my mates.

:beer:

Griffin
Oct 31, 2012, 11:07 PM
If the game is so easy, why do people die often?

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x297/Amurant/people-die-if-they-are-killed.jpg

Agitated_AT
Oct 31, 2012, 11:07 PM
^LMFAO!!

People die because they're misfortunate or careless(casual as fuck) I've had moments where I get hit by 1 enemy, stagger, combo dead, I've had others where it's a clear one shot because my HP is too low, but honestly if it isn't one of those it's impossible to die in this game or damn near impossible.

And the bosses of course ^^

Coatl
Oct 31, 2012, 11:09 PM

Ugh..I REALLY hope this doesn't mean they will be making TA easier and lowering the rewards. That will kill me brutally. TA was one of the few things that actually seemed to reward you for optimizing yourself. Why are they catering to the players with social anxiety. >_>

Konflyk
Oct 31, 2012, 11:11 PM
Playing PSO2
Not being socially inept
You must be special Coatl, I have trouble even asking for parties in this game no less joining an MPA due to all the stress it causes.

Ezodagrom
Oct 31, 2012, 11:13 PM
but the enemies don't have the proper aggression tactics even as the difficulty scales up, most enemies remain docile, bosses fall into patterns
Yeah, enemy behaviour doesn't change at all between each of the difficulty modes.
I tried standing around forest Oodans in normal mode, not attack them, just dodging their attacks and seeing how they behaved, then I did the same in very hard, it didn't feel any different when compared to normal.

Flame
Oct 31, 2012, 11:14 PM
The only adjustment I was looking for at this point (that didn't rip the spine of the game right out and replace it) was the meseta drops from enemies. Getting 8 meseta from an enemy in VH forest just doesn't make any damn sense.

Porkmaster
Oct 31, 2012, 11:17 PM
Ugh..I REALLY hope this doesn't mean they will be making TA easier and lowering the rewards. That will kill me brutally. TA was one of the few things that actually seemed to reward you for optimizing yourself. Why are they catering to the players with social anxiety. >_>

Ever since Sonic 2, I've preferred doing challenging things solo if given the choice. If you choose to play with both Sonic and Tails and enter a special stage to get an emerald, all Tails does is get hit by bombs.

Squire Grooktook
Oct 31, 2012, 11:18 PM
The people complaining about things being easy just farm MP all the time.

I almost never MP and I'm complaining. Granted not as much as other people.

I actually recognize that the game has difficult sections. The problem is the difficulty curb, as well as inconsistency.

Give me a break. Go play PSO1 again right now, I dare you. You'll quickly realize how many advancements PSO2 has made that you're just taking for granted at this point.

Hey hey, I was playing PSO1 just last week. It's crude as heck but there are a few things very important to me that PSO1 gets right. I think PSO2 gets more right though.

Coatl
Oct 31, 2012, 11:22 PM
You get those sparse moments in PSO2 where you either know what you are doing and manage a difficult situation, or get mopped by enemies. I agree that pso2 needs more moments like that.

Flame
Nov 1, 2012, 12:15 AM

At least PSO1 felt like a fun adventure that you were on with your team-mates. All PSO2 ever feels like is a chore, regardless of its many "improvements". Sure you can air juggle and switch to TPS mode, but I feel like a goddamn factory worker every time I log in. It's just 50 of these, 90 of those and 600K meseta left to go until I can buy a new weapon. You're never working towards anything meaningful like you were in PSO1 (beating the game together).

Honestly, I only still play out of a sense of obligation to the franchise.

Griffin
Nov 1, 2012, 12:22 AM

I think it's the same way with many people, including myself. Would I ever be on the JP servers if I were not a fan of the series? lol nope. I don't even play on foreign servers, naturally. I probably would have tried it if it came to US and maybe I would have liked the action element to the game, but I probably would feel the game was extremely lacking, moreso than I do now. But because it's similar to what I was accustomed to with PSO and PSU, I understand the game a bit more.

When this game comes to US, many new players to the series will probably be like "where the shit is the PvP".

Ark22
Nov 1, 2012, 01:19 AM
Request: Introduce a system allowing to block NPC summoning
Staff’s comment: An new option allowing to block NPC summoning will be added to quest select options. All parties joining a room with the option set to ON will have it set automatically to ON as well (joining such rooms won’t be possible while using the default random game option).
Implementation date: Middle of December

From http://bumped.org/psublog/

Fucking thank you Sega.

Agitated_AT
Nov 1, 2012, 02:57 AM
At least PSO1 felt like a fun adventure that you were on with your team-mates. All PSO2 ever feels like is a chore, regardless of its many "improvements". Sure you can air juggle and switch to TPS mode, but I feel like a goddamn factory worker every time I log in. It's just 50 of these, 90 of those and 600K meseta left to go until I can buy a new weapon. You're never working towards anything meaningful like you were in PSO1 (beating the game together).

+1 well said buddy

Acel
Nov 1, 2012, 03:03 AM
Speaking of PSO1, I miss the old caves. The new concept of just 3 areas per quest map is really really boring IMO. The old caves was beautiful and really cave-like which made me wanna explore every path but the new one is like open-aired?! and ugly. And the terrain always triggered bugs.

DemonMike
Nov 1, 2012, 03:05 AM
[Considering] Further reduction of experience required from level 41+ : No. It's fine as it is, though they really should really start considering the experience levels for the next 50 levels because the progression is kind of wacky.

Reduction of items required for level cap client orders. Good, level caps should instantly be accessible in my opinion, but this will do.

Increase in the spawn rate of rare bosses: Hopefully they keep the word rare in mind when adjusting this.

Increase in drop rate of 7 to 9 star items: Indifferent, but I'll guess it'll shut up the whiney ass players.

Overall improvement of Techers.: Indifferent, I'm yet to play as one so I have no opinion.

New option to hide Team Chat Balloons FINALLY.

Guaranteed drop of rare matter boards after killing a set number of enemies: Good, considering the system is so grindy. I would have said bad if there was more varied criteria for completing matter board quests, but it's the same old shit.

Premium Set improvements: Good, the game needs more incentive to get people paying up the full amount because the main allure of the My Shop feature can be easily obtained for half the price.

The rest sounds good aside from solo TA's, sounds about like an excuse to squeeze some more play time out of already existing content.

Agitated_AT
Nov 1, 2012, 03:08 AM
@Acel

I think the time attack does that more honor, but yeah the areas feel alot more like playgrounds rather than environments where you have to fight your way through to get to the next.

You know, things like this are always gonna feel like they are missing because that's what PSO was founded on and stayed throughout the whole franchise untill now. This is one of those things you simply gotta accept about PSO2, cuz this is part of the core fundaments of PSO2 and what sets it apart.

However I sometimes wonder what area 1's are for when people rush to the next(to find multiparties) anyway. The game is so weird...

otaku998
Nov 1, 2012, 03:44 AM
However I sometimes wonder what area 1's are for when people rush to the next(to find multiparties) anyway. The game is so weird...

lol exactly this.

And sega is turning 7*-9* into 3*-6* , drop rate wise, and the same thing to 10* so they can throw in 11*, 12* , 13* etc and make them super rare again.

gigawuts
Nov 1, 2012, 06:44 AM

I still pick up PSO1 from time to time to look for the things I never had time to look for, or never found.

There is such a thing as an "opinion." Many people have them. They can actually be different.

Weird right?

Spellbinder
Nov 1, 2012, 07:32 AM

I'd have to respectfully disagree with this sentiment.

It's just my opinion, but these games have their own unique sense of adventure. The key differences I see between them are first and foremost, PSO1 had a level cap of 100 to start with out the gate while PSO2 had a cap of around 20 or 30.

Putting the level caps aside (for example if they were both 100), PSO1 allowed you to freely traverse the levels as you please granted you cleared very minor tasks (ie. beating the boss of the area and clicking the obelisks for Ruins), while in PSO2 there are more noticeable roadblocks placed before you (level cap and area unlocking quests).

Assuming those tasks are clear, the one real difference I see between them is that PSO2 is littered with client orders (optional ones mind you) to quicken your progress, while in PSO1 you simply roamed the areas for the sake of experience and an elusive rare. You mentioned saving money to "buy" that rare you wanted, but you could just as easily continue to pursue it in the field as you did in PSO1 (and the drop rates are unfortunately probably the same).

In PSO2 there are obvious improvements upon its predecessor, and there are a few certain charms that were perhaps lost in the evolution of the series. But in my opinion the core is still there. You go to a map, enjoy taking down enemies with friends, rinse & repeat. Different strokes for different folks.

This may be a bit off topic, but I will say the game is a bit too easy (especially in multi-party areas), but I look forward to the hard content they're working on for next year.

Zyrusticae
Nov 1, 2012, 08:35 AM
Hey hey, I was playing PSO1 just last week. It's crude as heck but there are a few things very important to me that PSO1 gets right. I think PSO2 gets more right though.
What are these things? Why is it so hard to actually quantify these things?

If you can't put a finger on it I'm going to have to keep going with the "nostalgia" card.

I still pick up PSO1 from time to time to look for the things I never had time to look for, or never found.

There is such a thing as an "opinion." Many people have them. They can actually be different.

Weird right?
Your snark is completely unnecessary.

If you can actually justify why PSO2 is just "barely better" than PSO1, I'd love to hear it. Me, I don't believe it. At all. And I still don't see any justification for it.

There's such a thing as "backing up an opinion", y'know. It's a thing. People should do it more often.

See, at least here there's actually some detail, even if I disagree 500%. PSO1 actually felt more like a chore to me - I beat the game once and that was it, I couldn't bring myself to keep playing for hours on end like apparently some posters here have managed. I actually spent over a thousand hours in PSU, which was several times more than I ever did in PSO1 (oh yes, you can hate me now!).

The only thing I really miss from PSO1 is the music and some of the more atmospheric bits, but I can't really say those are actually missing as the game is still incomplete, making a direct comparison something of a cop-out.

gigawuts
Nov 1, 2012, 08:48 AM
Your snark is completely unnecessary.

If you can actually justify why PSO2 is just "barely better" than PSO1, I'd love to hear it. Me, I don't believe it. At all. And I still don't see any justification for it.

There's such a thing as "backing up an opinion", y'know. It's a thing. People should do it more often.

Since when do people need to cite evidence for what they like?

I could say I like purple and you'd blurt out how much better blue is, and that I need evidence that purple is a good color. Then you'd go on about how I just like purple because of nostalgia.

Jesus, grow the fuck up.

Ezodagrom
Nov 1, 2012, 09:14 AM

I could say I like purple and you'd blurt out how much better blue is, and that I need evidence that purple is a good color. Then you'd go on about how I just like purple because of nostalgia.

Jesus, grow the fuck up.
Citing evidence and backing-up/justifying/explaining the reasoning of an opinion are not the same thing.

Sierhiet
Nov 1, 2012, 09:14 AM

Jesus, grow the fuck up.

I don't think Zyrusticae's argument is so black and white in this particular instance. There is a point to be made in that a lot of people simply bolster their opinion, which is fine. The problem is, opinions are now being taken quite seriously and used to make adjustments to the game (evident in this post and the Sakai blog). Without any in particular evidence, example, or citation as to why you feel that way, nothing can be properlly acted on to make the overall experience/game better. So what happens is, we get changes such as these made on behalf of the whining vocal majority complaining just for the sake of complaining, rather then the insightful minority who actually have a valid argument. The opinion of the vocal majority, and changes made on their behalf, usually make things worse, rather then better for everyone.

The best example for this would be the discontinuing of trading for rare weapons. Everyone agreed that something needed to be done about the economy. That wasn't the way to do it.

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2012, 09:16 AM
Oh this thread is still being filled with arguments?

Well that "whiny" chunk of the game is apparently a big enough part of this game for SEGA to give em what they want after voicing their "opinion" enough... I'm sorry come of you like what I'm gonna have to consider bad game design. But even the game's creator's agrees it has to go, and it's happenin'!!

Galax
Nov 1, 2012, 09:16 AM
The point of an OPINION - It CAN'T be wrong. You can't have an opinion that is better than someone else's. By it's very use in our daily lives, that's impossible. Zyru...No. We DON'T have to back up our opinions. This implies that there is a chance an opinion can be wrong, and thus needs proof to support it's rightness. I'll be straight with you on this, I'm rather insulted by that. It's utterly ridiculous. If either gigawuts or I were saying PSO2 is worse/barely better/the exact same as PSO2 and this is the only way it is, then yes we'd need proof. I see a lot of opinions being taken as if we're stating facts. Please recognize that is not the case.

I'll give some examples so this can hopefully be avoided.

Ex.1: Stating opinion

"I feel like I'm doing my chores around the house sometimes with PSO2, because of all the client orders. PSO1, it was just, go to forest, fuck up Dragon and some other mobs, then talk to Tyrell and get Caves!"

Ex.2: Stating opinion as fact

"PSO2 is so much worse than PSO1, I mean look at this crap with client orders, PSO1 was SO much better - I see no way PSO2 can trump how unlocked areas in PSO1. It's not possible."

And a large part of either of those is the tone you read it in. Just remember that, please. It gets kind of old seeing "LOL OPINIONS NEED PROOF" "HAHA YOU'RE WRONG YOU CAN'T HAVE AN OPINION" or anything related. I know, internet, expect it. I can also hope that it dies down a little.

Arika
Nov 1, 2012, 09:27 AM
The point of an OPINION - It CAN'T be wrong. You can't have an opinion that is better than someone else's.

Depend though. some kind of opinion will never go wrong, but some kind can go wrong.

General opinion such as "I like winter!" "I like summer!" will never go wrong.

However, when it is something like "I don't have much play time, SEGA should let me cheat the game" "I want my rare to drop to me, but nobody else" "This game is already too easy in everybody opinion, but I want it to easier for no reason!" and "That boy is too popular, I should kill him" Pretty sure that those opinion already go in the wrong way.

So in the end, it is still up to reasoning of the opinion.
"Rare boss should appear a little more often, because current drop rate of their rare items from 10 ships is way too low"
>> valid opinion that will improve game.

"Rare boss should appear every 2 runs, because I don't have much time to hunt it"
>> bad opinion that will ruin the game.

The Walrus
Nov 1, 2012, 09:37 AM

I guess I can state what PSO1 did better.

1. Music. Oh god the music, PSO's music is still some of my favorite music in games. It just felt so perfect. It felt calmer and more relaxing too whereas this game feels like it's constantly trying to pump you up and somewhat failing. I can't really go into more depth about why I like the music better aside from saying that PSO1's music was fuckin amazing.

2. Areas. I dunno about y'all but the areas in PSO1 were just so...beautiful. Like they had such vibrant colors and had such a great scale that they always felt like you were in this huge area to explore. Another thing about the areas is that they usually took time to explore too. Like I could run a later game area with my friends and it would take a little unlike this game where the areas all feel so short and quick.
I think the greater attempt at realism in area designs hurts PSO2 a lot honestly. Like I don't go to mines and get that "Oh my god wow this place is awesome" feeling I got when I went to PSO1 mines for example. Like the realism just hurts it imo.

3. Grinding. Fuck Dudu/Doodoo/howeverthefuckthatassholesnameispelled. PSO1 had best grinding. I don't think anyone will really argue that. Seriously I don't even bother grinding anything about 6*'s because I just know that the prick is gonna screw me over.

4. Progress. Something is just really off about the sense of progress in PSO2. Like don't get me wrong with a new character you're unlocking stuff left and right but something about it is just boring. Like having to constantly do quests to unlock stuff is just kinda dull. Hell the level cap trials are just fuckin stupid. Seriously like christ Sakai what the hell just let people keep progressing without the need for the stupid as fuck order.
Ahem, anywoo I think part of the feeling of progress is that it took a lot less time to get to say 40 then it does now. To be fair though I understand that's cause the level cap is low right now but yeah. I guess I just really like the sense of progression getting levels gives to me...which I'd prolly be getting more if I could be bothered to go do MPA's with people.

5. Rares. In PSO1 it felt like every time I got a new rare it was a worthwhile upgrade over what I had before. Even if I had to use a bunch of grinders on it. In PSO2 I feel like every time I find a new rare it's just so meh and not even worth it. That said I'm guessing that feeling will change once I get to VH as from the stats I've seen the VH rares are a lot better than the normal/hard rares. So this is mostly a minor gripe I suppose.

Oh right one more minor gripe is the bosses. Now don't get me wrong, PSO2's bosses are fun to fight and all. I just kinda miss the puzzle feel I got from PSO1's. By puzzle feel I'm talking about the way bosses felt like they had more patterns to them and once you got a hang of the patterns the boss was effectively your bitch. Like say Barba for example, after farming him for a while to get a DS for a new HUmar of mine it eventually got to the point where I could count on one hand the number of times he hit me during a fight, and it was because I knew what he was gonna do before he did it. I don't get that feeling from PSO2, it feels a lot more twitch based like you just gotta react to whatever the hell the boss randomly does.

To be fair PSO2 improved the combat a lot. Like combat is a whole lot of fun. But that just feels like the only real thing they legit improved a lot imo. Everything else just feels alright at best.

Sierhiet
Nov 1, 2012, 09:41 AM
Oh this thread is still being filled with arguments?

Well that "whiny" chunk of the game is apparently a big enough part of this game for SEGA to give em what they want after voicing their "opinion" enough... I'm sorry come of you like what I'm gonna have to consider bad game design. But even the game's creator's agrees it has to go, and it's happenin'!!

Yes but you do realize that the vocal, "whining" chunk of the game is the exactly the same portion of the game that won't stick around after a short period of the time. The one's with a short attention span (which is fine. It is only a game). The players who, as as soon as said changes are made, they will be gone. Then the insightful minority is stuck with the changes that were made on behalf of a vocal majority.

I don't think SEGA's decision to act is because they necessarily agree. They are making the changes because they think it is what will keep you around, thus satisfying the status quo.

When your voicing your opinion, you should be speaking for yourself. If your voicing your opinion in hopes that changes will actually be imposed on the game, realize that your opinion is in turn being imposed on others in which case some of us would like to know why.

Edit:

"Rare boss should appear every 2 runs, because I don't have much time to hunt it"
>> bad opinion that will ruin the game.

This is exactly what I'm talking about and believe it or not, this is the type of opinion some people are going off of.

Ezodagrom
Nov 1, 2012, 10:01 AM
The point of an OPINION - It CAN'T be wrong. You can't have an opinion that is better than someone else's. By it's very use in our daily lives, that's impossible. Zyru...No. We DON'T have to back up our opinions. This implies that there is a chance an opinion can be wrong, and thus needs proof to support it's rightness. I'll be straight with you on this, I'm rather insulted by that. It's utterly ridiculous. If either gigawuts or I were saying PSO2 is worse/barely better/the exact same as PSO2 and this is the only way it is, then yes we'd need proof. I see a lot of opinions being taken as if we're stating facts. Please recognize that is not the case.

I'll give some examples so this can hopefully be avoided.

Ex.1: Stating opinion

"I feel like I'm doing my chores around the house sometimes with PSO2, because of all the client orders. PSO1, it was just, go to forest, fuck up Dragon and some other mobs, then talk to Tyrell and get Caves!"

Ex.2: Stating opinion as fact

"PSO2 is so much worse than PSO1, I mean look at this crap with client orders, PSO1 was SO much better - I see no way PSO2 can trump how unlocked areas in PSO1. It's not possible."

And a large part of either of those is the tone you read it in. Just remember that, please. It gets kind of old seeing "LOL OPINIONS NEED PROOF" "HAHA YOU'RE WRONG YOU CAN'T HAVE AN OPINION" or anything related. I know, internet, expect it. I can also hope that it dies down a little.
Asking someone to back up his opinion is not the same thing as saying that opinions need proof, asking someone to back up his opinion is asking the reason for the opinion, opinions don't need proof, but they need a reason, there has to be a reason for someone to have a certain opinion.

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2012, 10:02 AM
Yes but you do realize that the vocal, "whining" chunk of the game is the exactly the same portion of the game that won't stick around after a short period of the time. The one's with a short attention span (which is fine. It is only a game). The players who, as as soon as said changes are made, they will be gone. Then the insightful minority is stuck with the changes that were made on behalf of a vocal majority.

I don't think SEGA's decision to act is because they necessarily agree. They are making the changes because they think it is what will keep you around, thus satisfying the status quo.

When your voicing your opinion, you should be speaking for yourself. If your voicing your opinion in hopes that changes will actually be imposed on the game, realize that your opinion is in turn being imposed on others in which case some of us would like to know why.

I'm sure it's not 5 or 6 guys asking for the same changes, if it bugged SEGA even to add them. And remember in general Japanese players are usually more casual. They'll be up and arms if SEGA ends up trying to make this game a grindfest like PSO or some Korean game.

If anything the only thing that needs to be harder in this game is the actual monsters. Not the bullshit unfun time sinks fueled by over glorified small rewards. This game isn't really an oldschool dungeon crawler anymore. Which if anything also plays big part in nobody finding shit they're actually looking for unless it's a common "rare."

The majority of the playerbase (especially Japan, the guys with the "whiny" opinions, that this game was actually made for.) is probably a bunch of casual players that see's this game more as a hack'n slash/TPS shooter action dress up game. They're probably right, and that may as well be what this game further should be. Not like that sounds any worse than a a dungeon crawler where you'll look for a couple of pixels that have a 1/10000 drop rate, that you'll only have a roll at every 40 minutes.

Even if they quit,(Atleast they'll be satisfied players) more casuals will probably take their place because unlike games like this in the US/EU JP/KR games don't have shitty populations that easily.

But yeah. "Oh no! don't ruin my game! I'm a masochist!" is either a minority, or better start voicing their opinion too. Otherwise yeah, everyone else can enjoy their inevitable game improvements! 8D

Eternal255
Nov 1, 2012, 10:03 AM
You know...

PSO1 is still around. You guys can all quit your bitching and go back to that game, and leave this game for the people who actually enjoy it in its current state.

Also, @Lord Derp, whatever kinda drugs you are on, please share them. The areas in pso2 look substantially better than those of pso1. I remember ever new zone i walked into i was like "holy fuck this place looks amazing". And even said the same thing about ruins after seeing the videos. Its unfortunate that I cant run standard pixels to enjoy the graphics fully anymore. Fucking nvidia.

Zyrusticae
Nov 1, 2012, 10:09 AM
The point of an OPINION - It CAN'T be wrong. You can't have an opinion that is better than someone else's. By it's very use in our daily lives, that's impossible. Zyru...No. We DON'T have to back up our opinions.
No, stop. Stop right there. Don't even finish that thought. (Too late, I know. Sigh!)

This is the exact kind of thinking that results in the most incredibly moronic bullshit in all of human history.

Here's the deal: not all opinions are valid. You are NOT entitled to your opinion. That entitlement attitude results in people saying things like people spouting off the most inane crap (ex: "climate change is a hoax", "it's my right to choose not to vaccinate my child!") because it's their "opinion" and they're "entitled" to it. HORSE DUNG.

You are entitled to an informed opinion. If you have absolutely nothing to back up your opinion you're talking out of your ass. There are things that are in pure taste (I like this genre of music better, I like apples better than bananas, and so on), but even then, you can still quantify why you like that one thing better. If you can't, you have to ask yourself, why not?

I'm sure it's not 5 or 6 guys asking for the same changes, if it bugged SEGA even to add them. And remember in general players everywhere are usually more casual.
FTFY.

Truth is, the general population is made up of people who work a job from 5->9 and have less than 40 hours of free time a week. The people who care enough to post on forums are small minority, and of those people, those who spend hundreds of hours on one game are an even smaller minority. This is even more true in Japan, where the only "hardcore" players are NEETs or otaku, especially if we're talking about PC.

That's just how it is, mang. Gotta learn to deal, like it or not.

You know...

PSO1 is still around. You guys can all quit your bitching and go back to that game, and leave this game for the people who actually enjoy it in its current state.

Also, @Lord Derp, whatever kinda drugs you are on, please share them. The areas in pso2 look substantially better than those of pso1. I remember ever new zone i walked into i was like "holy fuck this place looks amazing". And even said the same thing about ruins after seeing the videos. Its unfortunate that I cant run standard pixels to enjoy the graphics fully anymore. Fucking nvidia.
Now that's just kinda rude. People can enjoy elements of both just fine.

Though if it's really only the combat some people enjoy in PSO2, I have to question their taste...

Eternal255
Nov 1, 2012, 10:14 AM
Now that's just kinda rude. People can enjoy elements of both just fine.

Though if it's really only the combat some people enjoy in PSO2, I have to question their taste...

Its not rude at all! I JUST read some comments of people saying PSO1 is better than PSO2 in almost EVERY way! Go back to that game then ffs!

But yeah. "Oh no! don't ruin my game! I'm a masochist!" is either a minority, or better start voicing their opinion too. Otherwise yeah, everyone else can enjoy their inevitable game improvements! 8D

I have voiced my opinion in their survey as im sure many others have. I stated I approved of everything.

I guess the developers simply disagreed with those of us who were satisfied and felt the game could be better themselves. So they went off of the people's opinions who said they didnt like this or that, and tried changing em.

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2012, 10:14 AM
Oh and let me chip in on an example of how bullshit this "opinion" topic is.

The areas in pso2 look substantially better than those of pso1. I remember ever new zone i walked into i was like "holy fuck this place looks amazing". And even said the same thing about ruins after seeing the videos. Its unfortunate that I cant run standard pixels to enjoy the graphics fully anymore. Fucking nvidia.

*note: not a real reply I'm using sarcasm or something*

And you see, that is you OPINION!

And I'm not saying that nosily implying that I don't share your opinion, I'm saying that as a chance to call you stupid for having that opinion of not liking what I like better. And because even though it's your opinion, I have to automatically twist in my head to think you're passive aggressively calling me an nostalgiac freak. And I'm going to challenge you on it and make things complicated to the point where I just want to be right, to seem smarter. Like every other pointless argument on an online gaming forum that nobody cares about except for the people involved.

What's that? There is no right or wrong with opinions? Well let's make drag things off-topic to further complicate the argument and explain why this argument is actually just about the REASON you have your opinion because now THAT'S important to me if it means I'm not gonna lose this argument. Then it'll go back to being about whose right and whose wrong THERE! And cause this endless loop until both people finally shut up and go to bed. And wake up to deleted posts/locked thread.

edit:
@ Zyru: Just to clarify(from the sounds of your post) I've nothing against the majority casuals, being one of them minus all the free time I have. I guess I'd just say I'm a little bit more than a casual But I don't find sitting in front of the screen 10 hours a day to find ONE item fun. You could say "Go play another game" and hell I was about to, sure. But guess what SEGA cares about what I WANT! YOU Go play another game! You non-casuals!

HAH!

The Walrus
Nov 1, 2012, 10:16 AM
You know...

Don't get me wrong, I do overall enjoy this game in its current state. I just think it could be improved.

I'm not talking about the actual graphics. I'm talking about the style. The style of the areas are what made them great, not the graphics themselves. PSO2's areas are just boring by comparison. They tried to make it too realistic and now it just feels boring. That said ruins does look nice and floating continent is pretty but the rest of the areas are just kinda eh.

Gama
Nov 1, 2012, 10:17 AM
i wouldnt call it whining, theyre giving their feedback, wich any company that is open to them wants, enables them to see the player prespective and fine tune the game.

[Ayumi]
Nov 1, 2012, 10:20 AM
Not going to play the role of "This is better" or "That is better"
But this is how it's been for me.

I liked PSO, I didn't like PSU, I barely liked PSPo, I liked PS0(PSZ), Truly liked PSPo2 and PSPo2i, and I like PSO2.

I liked PSO because... well... there's many things I liked on there.
The gameplay, atmosphere, story, music, weapons, my friends, the lobbies were fun at times (And later implemented Chair Races and Soccer areas) and such.
Once again it's opinion as someone might go "Ew, you LIKED thost lobbies?" I never said they're THE BEST I said I personally like them.
Can't force me to like or hate something.

I liked and hated PSU (mostly hated).
I know people will go "lol not like PSO?" That's not why I hated it.
Then I 1st played it the 1st week it came out, I had fun and liked how the game evolved a bit from PSO.
The gameplay wasn't bad for me, and the Guardians HQ music had a PSO feel to me which did make me like the game a bit (Don't forget there wasn't much to do in the beginning).
The atmosphere felt alright to me, it wasn't great to me, just alright. Which I could've lived with...
Then came the story, I didn't like it at all. The beginning felt rushed, many things weren't truly explained to me, and then near the end where they pretty much hinted that everyone from PSO is long dead. Just how I read it as why else would you find memory data/discs of Ragol on Rykros and Falz grave being there which was only on Ragol?.
The music to me didn't give me a feel either and most of the time I played my own music with the game which I guess is okay, but I really like games with a soundtrack that makes me want to play itself (Or at least music discs like they had on PSO... just no Burning Rangers...)
PSPo to me was like a slightly better PSU game. The story was alright, but I couldn't get into it much sadly.

PS0 went back a bit to the PSO feel, gameplay, and mechanics for me. The story was a bit silly at times, but in all I didn't really hate the game. I just wish they might've done it on another system only because they could've maybe done more to it if they had... or maybe waited for the 3DS years later.

PSPo2/PSPo2i to me felt like how PSU should've been from the beginning. The game felt like a mixture of PSO and PSU to me. The gameplay, the feeling, even some enemies from PSO have returned. The game made me hate PSU much more after that and I honestly couldn't go back to PSU after that... and if I did it was only to sit in the lobby with friends... which isn't what a game is about.

PSO2 to me feel like an upgraded PSPo2i to me, and seeing as how much I really liked PSPo2i, this game went beyond what I liked and more.
Because of this in all honesty, I have to say I liked PSO2 more than I did PSO. To me it's not "slightly better" than PSO, but it's not "Greatly better" for me either.
The gameplay to me is spot-on. I have no problems with the gameplay. I like the mags returning (although I hate how they set up the way to get mags/new mags now), a twist on old areas right out of PSO (Forest/Caves/Mines from PSO EPI II. Desert gave me a EPIV feel), and such. The music have a mixture of both PSO and PSU, which I won't bash. This part I know is nostalgia, but I'm not really liking any new weapons just yet. They're more of a "This one is stronger so I'll use it" other than the Zanba I use. Maybe I'll find a weapon I like on here later on.

Things I would like implemented from PSO on here isn't mainly for me as I never cared for them, but my friends did (and some still do).

Challenge Mode. I never liked it, and still didn't like it in PSPo2/PSPo2i. I know many liked it so I say bring that back.

PvP Mode. It seemed dead the little it had on PSU, and it was very dead on the portable games on both the japanese and english servers of the game. But if people want it, and I guess add it to the rankings set up, people will want it so I say bring it back.

Events. It's too early so I can't go into this. I'll give it a year.

Mixture of maps. What I mean is, how some areas were in PSU, and many areas were on PSO. How if you change from Caves area 1 to let's say Caves area 2, I would really like a change of the place on how it looks. I guess for me itself, caves is a bad example as that's my most hated area in all the games.

More weapon choices. I know this will come so I can't say anything here.

Customizable Weapons. While it was primitive on PSO, I did like the idea of let's say have a "Ayumi Sword +15" or something. Might be nostalgia, but I did like the idea. I'm all for customizing to make my experience feel more like "me" than "I'm playing this and getting everything everyone have". Not one of those people that care if someone have a weapon or armor or rare I have, but I do like having specially made things. I see a difference here, maybe no one else would.

More areas. I know this will be coming so I'm not bashing here. I think Sega is going at a nice pace with areas so I have nothing bad to say here.

Combined servers. I know I know. Beating a dead horse. But I really liked this. How I can be on a US ship and play with some people there, then a EUR ship and play with some others there, and then heading to a JPN ship and talking with a few there and so on and so on. I know this won't come... or maybe it can long long later in the game's life. I can't predict the future so I don't know. One can keep hoping though, right?

The feel of progression. I'm not one that will say "too easy" or "too hard" or "I hate challenges" or "I need a challenge", but I don't PERSONALLY feel a progression when I play. The enemies on normal mode to me when I was level 1, feel the same for me at level 40 on very hard. I would like either I feel as if I am getting stronger, or they are. One of the two.
While I might be selfish and honestly want to feel myself getting stronger over them, it's not my place to choose. I would like that as that's one thing that motivates me in RPGs in general. Leveling up to see how much stronger I can get over the enemies. Now in this game, all I aim for is the level req to play an area. (I'm guessing Ruins will be level 45 so I'm aiming for all my classes 45).

Better clothing setups. I know this can't happen. But I liked that one setup from PSU. How I can mix and match my clothes however I wanted from shirts to skirts to shoes. As there's many tops I like but hate the bottoms and vice versa on here.

There might be other things, but right now i'm only using what's on the tip of my head right now. All other things on the rip of my head is things they're changing that was stated in the 1st post. Other than that, I would really like the meseta set up back to normal as everything seems to be getting higher and higher which I say isn't fair in general. BUT I'm not going into that, this isn't the place for that.

Eternal255
Nov 1, 2012, 10:27 AM
I guess I'd just say I'm a little bit more than a casual But I don't find sitting in front of the screen 10 hours a day to find ONE item fun.

HAH!

Its really not D:

I honestly gave up on trying to find blade dance (two kamui is probably gonna be out with ruins anyway) after spending 5+ hours a day for a week and a half trying to hunt one down WITH rare drop drinks and such.... just tend to not have any luck with things i want :(

It honestly got to the point where im starting to get irritated with this game. The only thing left really is to level, but if they nerf that too...

I will admit though, I was one of those people who was stoked about 10* items not being tradable. I didnt like how easily i got fully geared, but looking back, i retract my statements about how it was a good thing to implement. No item is worth that much time invested (especially since i still dont have one!) when it's just going to be weaker the next patch (hell it already is).

BIG OLAF
Nov 1, 2012, 10:33 AM
So, apparently, whenever anyone wants changes made to a game that doesn't favor a more 'hardcore' playstyle, it's "whining"? Noted.

Eternal255
Nov 1, 2012, 10:37 AM
So, apparently, whenever anyone wants changes made to a game that doesn't favor a more 'hardcore' playstyle, it's "whining"? Noted.

everything in an online community is whining.

Galax
Nov 1, 2012, 10:40 AM
I'll rephrase my earlier statement.

You don't have to agree with an opinion. It doesn't have to be right by your morality, or lifestyle, or whatever - You can see it as wrong...but the nature of the thing is it's not really wrong. It can be full of nonsense, e.g. "I like dinosaurs because water exists" - It's an...opinion...it's got a reason...It just doesn't make any sense, and a fair few people would call that out.

And even still, this is MY opinion. I fully believe that an opinion cannot be wrong. It can seem stupid. It can be irrelevant. Full of nonsense. Borne of moronic reasoning. But not wrong. Your opinions on the meaning of an opinion differ. That's fine. I won't try to convert you to my opinion on it - then it seems to stop being an opinion and starts becoming an argument.

And, by the way...That seems to be part of the reason threads get so full of arguments at times. Some of us - I won't say I've never done it, I don't think any of us are completely clean of this - Some of us say an opinion, someone else says another one that differs from ours on the same topic, and then we - or the second opinion stater - ends up saying "well here's why mine makes more sense" or "here's why my opinion is the better choice of what to believe" or something else like that.

That's what I meant - sorry if that came off differently.

Sierhiet
Nov 1, 2012, 10:42 AM
Even if they quit,(Atleast they'll be satisfied players) more casuals will probably take their place because unlike games like this in the US/EU JP/KR games don't have shitty populations that easily.

I strongly disagree with this sentiment, as it is the core issue in terms of longevity with these types of games. If this we're true, then we wouldn't see PSO, PSU, or any MMO, dungeon crawler, ect. die out as quickly as we do. The casual market does not work that way. They move in trend waves from one thing to the next. They don't die and revive in swarms. This goes for any nationality. Companies like Zynga are learning this the hard way.

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2012, 10:47 AM
I strongly disagree with this sentiment, as it is the core issue in terms of longevity with these types of games. If this we're true, then we wouldn't see PSO, PSU, or any MMO, dungeon crawler, ect. die out as quickly as we do. The casual market does not work that way. They move in trend waves from one thing to the next. They don't die and revive in swarms. This goes for any nationality. Companies like Zynga are learning this the hard way.

PSO and PSU both lasted longer than 5 years. o_o

Even after how easy and ultra casual they gradually made PSU.

So, apparently, whenever anyone wants changes made to a game that doesn't favor a your own, it's "whining."

Also fixed.

Sierhiet
Nov 1, 2012, 10:57 AM
PSO and PSU both lasted longer than 5 years. o_o

Even after how easy and ultra casual they gradually made PSU.

Also fixed.

The game was on it's last knees by the third. It was less "alive" and more so needed to be put out of it's misery. We could have lasted a lot longer had those changes been reconsidered, I believe, among other things. I'm talking about PS2/PC. I'm not sure how things went with 360.

gigawuts
Nov 1, 2012, 11:08 AM
Wow, this thread exploded again.

Yeah, no. I'm really not going to beat this battered horse again. This "discussion" rears its ugly head at least once every two weeks in whatever thread happens to be active at the time. I'd have thought by now everyone would have gotten a hold of the idea that other people feel differently than them about the same things and that they don't owe anybody any type of explanation for why, and refusing to turn up reasons does not automatically make them wrong, or maybe even that they already have turned up explanations to the exact same questions in these exact same discussions in the past, but apparently people choose to forget things they disagree with.

So I'll be opting out of this one. Have fun.

gravityvx
Nov 1, 2012, 11:08 AM
Still laughing at the fact no one actually knows how large the drop rate increase will be and getting all defensive and happy over it when it will more than likely be a minimal non impacting tweak and they just said it so shut up the whiners while being able to say "we increased the drop rate, deal with it". Also funny, all this casual talk just proves my point how degraded games in this genre have become, it's always waahh this, waaahh that, i want stuff faster and easier because i have a life(when most people who spout this crap probably don't).

Like seriously, if you've got time to play games you have plenty of free time, and if you don't no reason an entire game has to shift it's entire structure and be butchered for you (ex. WoW, soon to be PSO2 if the nerfs and buffs to unnecessary things keep coming). But you know, at the end of the day, it's the "hardcore" players that keep a game afloat not "casuals". And hardcore by my definition is just a player that plays often, doesn't matter if it's long periods or short, just almost every day. Most casuals on the other hand, usually only log on a few times a week, play for somewhat short periods and lose interest in said game after a while and move to another within a few weeks or months. Neither of which I consider having a life or no life since I don't know anyone personally I've met on the internet.

Zyrusticae
Nov 1, 2012, 11:09 AM
[spoiler-box]I'll rephrase my earlier statement.

You don't have to agree with an opinion. It doesn't have to be right by your morality, or lifestyle, or whatever - You can see it as wrong...but the nature of the thing is it's not really wrong. It can be full of nonsense, e.g. "I like dinosaurs because water exists" - It's an...opinion...it's got a reason...It just doesn't make any sense, and a fair few people would call that out.

And even still, this is MY opinion. I fully believe that an opinion cannot be wrong. It can seem stupid. It can be irrelevant. Full of nonsense. Borne of moronic reasoning. But not wrong. Your opinions on the meaning of an opinion differ. That's fine. I won't try to convert you to my opinion on it - then it seems to stop being an opinion and starts becoming an argument.

And, by the way...That seems to be part of the reason threads get so full of arguments at times. Some of us - I won't say I've never done it, I don't think any of us are completely clean of this - Some of us say an opinion, someone else says another one that differs from ours on the same topic, and then we - or the second opinion stater - ends up saying "well here's why mine makes more sense" or "here's why my opinion is the better choice of what to believe" or something else like that.

That's what I meant - sorry if that came off differently.[/spoiler-box]
Um.

Okay.

What I'm getting from this is basically that you do not like arguments and that people shouldn't argue over opinions?

Because...

That's terrible.

That's absolutely terrible. :(

Think about this for a second: Can a discussion exist at all if all people ever do is spout off their opinions and then leave it like that?

Is it even possible to have a discussion without some level of elaboration?

What would we even talk about, if not that?

[spoiler-box]Still laughing at the fact no one actually knows how large the drop rate increase will be and getting all defensive and happy over it when it will more than likely be a minimal non impacting tweak and they just said it so shut up the whiners while being able to say "we increased the drop rate, deal with it". Also funny, all this casual talk just proves my point how degraded games in this genre have become, it's always waahh this, waaahh that, i want stuff faster and easier because i have a life(when most people who spout this crap probably don't).

Like seriously, if you've got time to play games you have plenty of free time, and if you don't no reason an entire game has to shift it's entire structure and be butchered for you (ex. WoW, soon to be PSO2 if the nerfs and buffs to unnecessary things keep coming). But you know, at the end of the day, it's the "hardcore" players that keep a game afloat not "casuals". And hardcore by my definition is just a player that plays often, doesn't matter if it's long periods or short, just almost every day. Most casuals on the other hand, usually only log on a few times a week, play for somewhat short periods and lose interest in said game after a while and move to another within a few weeks or months. Neither of which I consider having a life or no life since I don't know anyone personally I've met on the internet.[/spoiler-box]
Wow, so much ego in this one.

FYI, WoW did not reach its success by catering to "hardcore" players, and in fact, less than 5% of the population even raided at all.

Reality hurts, doesn't it?

NoiseHERO
Nov 1, 2012, 11:15 AM
edit: Actually yeah, Giga-senpai is right.

/deletes wall of text

/Enjoys my fixed game : D

gravityvx
Nov 1, 2012, 11:20 AM
Wow, so much ego in this one.

FYI, WoW did not reach its success by catering to "hardcore" players, and in fact, less than 5% of the population even raided at all.

Reality hurts, doesn't it?

Completely missing my point to make a sad attempt at an insult must hurt, yeah. I think I'm gonna go into fetal position and cry in a corner.

Zyrusticae
Nov 1, 2012, 11:26 AM
No, I got your point. Point being that you are delusional and believe in a ridiculously constrained definition of "casual" and think people who actually have lives are lying about having lives okay seriously are you fucking nuts?

I'm done here.

Jakosifer
Nov 1, 2012, 11:34 AM
Im okay with most of this, especially the EXP bit. Though the scale they're aiming for is much different from the other games of the series, its a detriment when certain levels have certain level requirements. Instead of just having an entire difficulty and its areas unlocked at one level. One thing PSO definitely had going for it at least. I can also on the other hand see why its like that in a way, since they have a pretty strict EXP penalty. Oh well.

Anyway, this thread is insane. Craycray etc.

Alenoir
Nov 1, 2012, 11:35 AM
Still laughing at the fact no one actually knows how large the drop rate increase will be and getting all defensive and happy over it when it will more than likely be a minimal non impacting tweak and they just said it so shut up the whiners while being able to say "we increased the drop rate, deal with it". Also funny, all this casual talk just proves my point how degraded games in this genre have become, it's always waahh this, waaahh that, i want stuff faster and easier because i have a life(when most people who spout this crap probably don't).

If it's anywhere near half they drop rates they made the "old" 7*~9* items drop, then it's already pretty damn good. (I swear, ever since VH, I've gotten more rare weapons than I ever did back before that happened.)

I'll tell you this: Sitting in front of the game grinding 8 hours a day for 7 days with no breaks is not what I call fun. (This was for one level, but same can be said about finding rares.) In fact, that burned me out of RO, my previous MMORPG of choice, and I've played that game since 2001.

gravityvx
Nov 1, 2012, 11:37 AM
No, I got your point. Point being that you are delusional and believe in a ridiculously constrained definition of "casual" and think people who actually have lives are lying about having lives okay seriously are you fucking nuts?

I'm done here.

I'm glad you're done, you are a pretty irrational person to be honest. But no, I'm not nuts and if you did get my point we wouldn't be having this conversation. Now, since you can't seem to grasp a thing I will take the time to break this down for you.

"it's always waahh this, waaahh that, i want stuff faster and easier because i have a life(when most people who spout this crap probably don't)" - this right here is completely subjective given the fact everyone probably considers what "having a life" is, differently

"nerfs and buffs to unnecessary things"

"Neither of which I consider having a life or no life since I don't know anyone personally I've met on the internet."

Okay, you just read that and stay being done, thanks.

gravityvx
Nov 1, 2012, 11:43 AM
If it's anywhere near half they drop rates they made the "old" 7*~9* items drop, then it's already pretty damn good. (I swear, ever since VH, I've gotten more rare weapons than I ever did back before that happened.)

I'll tell you this: Sitting in front of the game grinding 8 hours a day for 7 days (this was for one level, but same can be said about finding rares/cards on that game) with no breaks is not what I call fun. In fact, that burned me out of RO, my previous MMORPG of choice, and I've played that game since 2001.

I don't consider sitting anywhere in any place for more than 2hrs fun,unless it's a really good movie. Which is why I enjoy pso so much because I can do what I want when I want and not get left behind in some kind of gear tier when I'm not playing for a while, no stress no struggle, don't even have to compete for drops. I'm alright with the drop changes, I never said I wasn't but I did say people should stop jumping the gun getting their hopes up so early before the patch hits. As for VH, it's very apparent rare drop rate somewhat shoots up in that mode.

Coatl
Nov 1, 2012, 03:33 PM
Its really not D:

I honestly gave up on trying to find blade dance (two kamui is probably gonna be out with ruins anyway) after spending 5+ hours a day for a week and a half trying to hunt one down WITH rare drop drinks and such.... just tend to not have any luck with things i want :(

It honestly got to the point where im starting to get irritated with this game. The only thing left really is to level, but if they nerf that too...

I will admit though, I was one of those people who was stoked about 10* items not being tradable. I didnt like how easily i got fully geared, but looking back, i retract my statements about how it was a good thing to implement. No item is worth that much time invested (especially since i still dont have one!) when it's just going to be weaker the next patch (hell it already is).

*10s are *10s for a reason. You know, PSO1 was so much more enjoyable BECAUSE things were rare. And I mean they were rare rare, not PSO2 rare. As soon as "rares" start getting more common, people farm it to no end. Much like you did. If you had actually gotten your rare after spending a week farming and finding it to be super tedious, would you say you enjoyed the gaming experience?

In PSO1 things were rare and that's it. You never expected a Dark Flow (super rare) to fall from the sky and into your hands. But when it did, oh boy oh boy did it feel good. But you'd enjoy the game meantime, and it made PSO1 a blast. Not saying hunting rares isn't fun, but if the fun for people comes at the end...well :I they are playing the wrong way.

Agitated_AT
Nov 1, 2012, 03:40 PM
Well this thread certainly opened a can of worms. Finally we're talking about the things that matter. PSO2 is not supposed to be mainly a game of collection, and an adventure game with a good field experience second. It should be the other way around!

We read Complaints about exp all day without even needing the extra lvls, complaints about rares while not even needing the weps beside flashing, complaints about content when most of it feels the same when the real issues lie deeper and can fix all the ones above.

I hope when the roadmap is done after ruins, they'll fully concentrate on fixing the game. But yeah that depends on what they consider needs fixing as well, but i'll see.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 1, 2012, 03:41 PM
In PSO1 things were rare and that's it. You never expected a Dark Flow (super rare) to fall from the sky and into your hands. But when it did, oh boy oh boy did it feel good.

This is a bad example, since the version that was popular (GameCube) had that weapon removed from the drop tables. Meaning every Dark Flow online was cheated for

Link1275
Nov 1, 2012, 03:47 PM
This is a bad example, since the version that was popular (GameCube) had that weapon removed from the drop tables. Meaning every Dark Flow online was cheated for
Actually, it was made from using a PGF on a non-rare sword and was obtainable online as I recall.

Z-0
Nov 1, 2012, 04:00 PM
Not on the official servers.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 1, 2012, 04:01 PM
Actually, it was made from using a PGF on a non-rare sword and was obtainable online as I recall.

Yes, the boss was made to be unable to drop parasitic genes, unless that claim was incorrect
Or was it able to be dropped by Episode 2 boss on Ultimate, for that I don't know

Link1275
Nov 1, 2012, 04:12 PM
Yes, the boss was made to be unable to drop parasitic genes, unless that claim was incorrect
Or was it able to be dropped by Episode 2 boss on Ultimate, for that I don't know
On the SEGA servers for Ep 1&2 on Gamecube, as far as I know, you could find PGF from ultimate Olga Flow(you may have needed to be in a group too).

Not on the official servers.

I've never heard that. I've only heard of a PSOBB private server that makes it unavailable except at Christmas.

gravityvx
Nov 1, 2012, 04:12 PM
Dark Flow and any other variant using the gene was hacked if you saw anyone with it. The gene from Olga Flow was removed from the loot list for who knows why. But that didn't stop anyone from trying the most ridiculous theories to make it drop (all of which I tried many times I might add).

EvilMag
Nov 1, 2012, 04:14 PM
On the SEGA servers for Ep 1&2 on Gamecube, as far as I know, you could find PGF from ultimate Olga Flow(you may have needed to be in a group too).

I've never heard that. I've only heard of a PSOBB private server that makes it unavailable except at Christmas.
They never enabled the drop on the official Gamecube servers. The only time the PGF drop was enabled officially was on JPBB.

Link1275
Nov 1, 2012, 04:22 PM
Then why did they leave it in the game?

GoldenFalcon
Nov 1, 2012, 04:24 PM
Then why did they leave it in the game?

You could say that about X removed feature in just about every game