PDA

View Full Version : Will the PC/Vita/Mobile share the same server?

drummer829
Oct 31, 2012, 10:14 AM
I know the game is coming out to a few devices, but will they all share the same servers? I wouldnt think they would, but if I could play on mobile and level up my guy while I am away from my computer, that would be awesome haha

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 10:20 AM
Yep, providing you're playing in the right region.

drummer829
Oct 31, 2012, 10:23 AM
That is awesome. It is coming out for the iphone right? I saw one gaming site that said IOS, but another website said just android

Meji
Oct 31, 2012, 10:25 AM
Like Giga said, yes, your same character/account will be accessible through all consoles.

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure. It could be both, I'm not keeping up with the specifics but I do know that providing all your clients connect to the same server (JP or EN, that is), then it'll all be there. You couldn't use the EN client to connect to the JP server, for instance. So me, since I'll probably stay on the JP server, I probably won't be able to use the smartphone or vita versions due to region locking.

If your stuff is on the EN server though, you should be good to go! The games on each portable and PC won't be identical though, you'll have to ask someone who's keeping up more than I am about all that.

drummer829
Oct 31, 2012, 10:30 AM
Yea, ive been reading around and saw that they will be the same to an extent. Makes sense, but I think its awesome if im away from my computer with time to kill, I can just whip out my phone and start playing and leveling up my guy. Kudos Sega

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 10:37 AM
No. The mobile phone game is completely different than the Vita and PC games.

The PC and Vita games share the same server.

You can however link the mobile version to the PC/Vita game and use your character as a partner character. But besides that, it's not the same game.

drummer829
Oct 31, 2012, 10:40 AM
No. The mobile phone game is completely different than the Vita and PC games.

The PC and Vita games share the same server.

You can however link the mobile version to the PC/Vita game and use your character as a partner character. But besides that, it's not the same game.

awe poo...hmm, should I buy a Vita

thanks for the info though, because I just read something saying that the cross platform was for pc and vita, but they never mentioned anything about the mobile. So thanks for the clarity

Eternal255
Oct 31, 2012, 10:44 AM
awe poo...hmm, should I buy a Vita

thanks for the info though, because I just read something saying that the cross platform was for pc and vita, but they never mentioned anything about the mobile. So thanks for the clarity

i would hold off on buying one until its figured out how the servers work. chances are you will need to buy the japanese version of the game and deal with everything that comes with, if you decide to stay on the JP server.

If going english then you're good to go i presume.

Link1275
Oct 31, 2012, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure. It could be both, I'm not keeping up with the specifics but I do know that providing all your clients connect to the same server (JP or EN, that is), then it'll all be there. You couldn't use the EN client to connect to the JP server, for instance. So me, since I'll probably stay on the JP server, I probably won't be able to use the smartphone or vita versions due to region locking.

If your stuff is on the EN server though, you should be good to go! The games on each portable and PC won't be identical though, you'll have to ask someone who's keeping up more than I am about all that.

The Vita isn't region locked. You can play the JP version of the game on any PSVita. You might want to get a memory stick exclusively for it considering the game's size, and that you can only have one account per memory stick unless you wipe it.

drummer829
Oct 31, 2012, 12:11 PM
The Vita isn't region locked. You can play the JP version of the game on any PSVita. You might want to get a memory stick exclusively for it considering the game's size, and that you can only have one account per memory stick unless you wipe it.

to be honest, i may venture away from the JP version to the EN version just because I would like to be able to read the story and convos. However, i guess it depends how far i get. Im only a lvl 5 hunter now, so to me its not a big deal if i restart

gigawuts
Oct 31, 2012, 01:01 PM
No region lock? Interesting. What about the mobile version? I assume those would be limited to JP phones for the JP version.

Link1275
Oct 31, 2012, 01:15 PM
No region lock? Interesting. What about the mobile version? I assume those would be limited to JP phones for the JP version.
The mobile version probably is JP only actually.

Sizustar
Oct 31, 2012, 06:37 PM
PC and Vita will share server
There will be Vita and PC only server for players that want to play with only their device.
Mobile will be a single player game that will be able to access your player data, most likely siimiliar to other tie-in game on mobile to earn bonus item in the main game(Mass effect, Dragon Age, etc)

So far only PC version has been announced for English version.
There has been no official word on an international version for the vita and mobile version.

The Mobile version will be released this winter, and Vita will be released next spring as following the PSO2 roadmap.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=165