PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Nov. 6th Live Broadcast

Mike
Nov 1, 2012, 04:50 AM
On November 6th, there will be another PSO 2 live broadcast on Niconico Nama:

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv113740549

It will be broadcast from 9pm ("doors opening" at 8:50) for around two hours. It'll feature more information on the first half of the November update as well a bit on the second half. It'll also feature more gameplay from the same people who did such a poor job last time.

I believe 9pm at night in Japan would be 6am for central US so adjust your timezones accordingly. If you can't watch it for some reason or other, head to the above link and click on the yellow clock icon and then click on the same button in the pop-up. This will allow you to watch the show once after it has ended.

Daylight savings time ends this weekend in the US, so I think the times are going to be the following (somebody correct me if I'm wrong):

7:00am EST / 6:00am CST / 5:00am MST / 4:00am PST

Sp-24
Nov 1, 2012, 05:19 AM
Awesome, it was pretty entertaining watching them struggle and commenters doing their comment thing the last time. I still have no idea what does "Dragon Sakai Ganbare!" mean.

Though their schedule seems to be a bit off. Didn't they tease us with a December stuff trailer the last time? Are we gonna get anything like that this time?

Arika
Nov 1, 2012, 07:22 AM
It'll also feature more gameplay from the same people who did such a poor job last time.

I lol!
yeah... those 4 got lot of complain in niconico lol.

Can you briefly tell who are those 4 though? I only know Sakai, but not the rest 3.

gigawuts
Nov 1, 2012, 07:49 AM
Oh neat, should be some cool stuff if they're doing another broadcast.

Tomeeboy
Nov 1, 2012, 10:34 AM
Daylight savings time ends this weekend in the US, so I think the times are going to be the following (somebody correct me if I'm wrong):

Also, this is the full agenda for the broadcast (from the front page story (http://www.pso-world.com/news/02481-phantasy-star-online-2-jp-upcoming-live-broadcast-november-6th)):

Over 100 minutes of Live PSO2 gameplay and information
Updates on November 7th's "Destroyer of History" content update
Additional information on updates coming later in November
A tour of the new PSO2 Arks Briefing Room
Live coverage of the hosts taking on a new PSO2 stage
Questions and answers

Mike
Nov 5, 2012, 01:34 AM
I believe 9pm at night in Japan
9pm at night, huh. Wasn't thinking there.

It's so nice to live in a place where DST doesn't exist :D I'll update the first post with that info.

Rayokarna
Nov 5, 2012, 03:15 AM
It's 12pm GMT for anyone in the UK or lives near it.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 5, 2012, 10:51 PM
its starting now, is anyone else watching?

Keii
Nov 6, 2012, 06:58 AM
i hope this is open to be watched by memebers that dont have a premium account on that site...

>:-<
It's "open", but if they are too many people watching, it's the non-premium members that get kicked.

Anyway, starting in 2 minutes - too bad I won't be able to watch it, but I hope someone will take notes of the interesting parts.

Spellbinder
Nov 6, 2012, 07:00 AM
I find it unfair that I got kicked out despite being in the room to watch at 8:50. orz

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 07:00 AM
Premium only? An event that is supposed to inform your players on new content but we have to PAY to see it?

jooozek
Nov 6, 2012, 07:02 AM
Talk about retarded ideas like kicking out people who had "reserved" a slot. Someone with premium and can re-stream it somewhere?

mommy_cornelia
Nov 6, 2012, 07:02 AM
I find it unfair that I got kicked out despite being in the room to watch at 8:50. orz

This happened to me... >_>

Poised Id
Nov 6, 2012, 07:03 AM
Someone with premium could stream the stream though another streaming site...
Of course, I doubt anyone here has premium on niconico, so we might just have to wait.

Keii
Nov 6, 2012, 07:03 AM
Premium only? An event that is supposed to inform your players on new content but we have to PAY to see it?
It's not premium only. That's how Nico Nico rolls, Sega has no say in it, if they want to use that site.

If you get kicked, just refresh this (http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv113740549) link. Don't try to F5 the error screen.

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 07:07 AM
It's not premium only. That's how Nico Nico rolls, Sega has no say in it, if they want to use that site.

If you get kicked, just refresh this (http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv113740549) link. Don't try to F5 the error screen.

Managed to get back in. Kinda lost my shit when they kicked me, lol forgive me

Sizustar
Nov 6, 2012, 07:10 AM
Someone with premium could stream the stream though another streaming site...
Of course, I doubt anyone here has premium on niconico, so we might just have to wait.

I have premium on niconico...but I don't know anything about streaming...

Arika
Nov 6, 2012, 07:13 AM
Guess many people here first time on Niconico live stream/

it is very common, and always been like this for a year now.
When the quota is full, premium member will get space taken from non-premium members.
it isn't quite nice, but this is how they always are. Basically premium member will get priority in the slot.

Anyway, I suggest non-premium members to use the "time shift" menu to watch it later, I think you can do that only once, and if you choose the time that you don't have to compete with any premium member (when JP sleep) then you can watch it easy.
it is a feature to save video temporary to watch it later. (but can only do it once per video) So you won't watching it live, but you will watch the save version of it, and can only watch one time.

Keii
Nov 6, 2012, 07:19 AM
Ruins Very Hard from lv 42!

Other vhard mode quests will have their level requirements lowered.

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 07:19 AM
kicked again ( ;ω;)
glad ruins is 42 for VH

Mike
Nov 6, 2012, 07:21 AM
25, 35, 42 for ruins by difficulty.

EDIT: And kicked.

mommy_cornelia
Nov 6, 2012, 07:23 AM
25, 35, 42 for ruins by difficulty.

EDIT: And kicked.

Same here, barely managed to get in, KICK D:

Keii
Nov 6, 2012, 07:23 AM
Sakai is expecting quite a lot of people to become 50 after the changes to xp required for 41+.

Poised Id
Nov 6, 2012, 07:24 AM
For those interested:
Streaming should be a fairly simple process;
Register here: http://new.livestream.com/home
Install this: http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/LivestreamProcaster-20.3.0.exe
(I'm a bit foggy on the next part) Run it, make and set a channel, click "go live" and open whatever window has the niconico stream in it.
Link to your channel here.

Might have to screw around a bit to get everything working, but it'll probably get you mad props with the community and it's a useful skill to learn.

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 07:26 AM
Sakai is expecting quite a lot of people to become 50 after the changes to xp required for 41+.

I'm hoping it'll be something like 100k-1mil from 41-50 now since there was a huge outrage that the game is too "heavy user" oriented

ShadowDragon28
Nov 6, 2012, 07:31 AM
poor Sakai, all the demanding players and the upper management making his hair recede too fast due to stress.

Spellbinder
Nov 6, 2012, 07:34 AM
Looking forward to the Techer changes.

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 07:37 AM
Fuck Techer. Damn shame they didn't buff HUNTERS, who damn well deserve it. Doesn't even have to be super significant, a speed increase would be enough.

jooozek
Nov 6, 2012, 07:38 AM
So Over End is a combo, good to know.

Spellbinder
Nov 6, 2012, 07:39 AM
Fuck Techer. Damn shame they didn't buff HUNTERS, who damn well deserve it. Doesn't even have to be super significant, a speed increase would be enough.

A little over the top, but I respect your opinion.

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 6, 2012, 07:40 AM
Show-offs! They have all the cool stuff.

Sizustar
Nov 6, 2012, 07:41 AM
Looking forward to the Techer changes.

Wand atk speed is increased
New PA for Sword looks nice..
New avatar outfit is cute
Ninja avatar gets a cool muffler/scarf

jooozek
Nov 6, 2012, 07:43 AM
Currently 6 million exp and level 50? So the exp requirement nerf seems to be massive \o/

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 07:43 AM
Over End looks so fun and those new clothes and rappy unit look cool

I wonder if they're playing on a private server right now lol

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 6, 2012, 07:46 AM
Over End looks so fun and those new clothes and rappy unit look cool

I wonder if they're playing on a private server right now lol

I'm fairly sure I heard them mention the test server.

Edit: Looks like the crowd finally hit the point where I can't even get in now, even on a separate computer.

Edit again: Never mind got in. Did I just see a new launcher PA? Saw him swing the launcher like a bat.

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 07:52 AM
Is that cast wearing this outfit? http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up24675.png cause I've been waiting for this 5ever

mommy_cornelia
Nov 6, 2012, 08:28 AM
OMG the vid i just saw! O.O wth was dat!? *^*

Ezodagrom
Nov 6, 2012, 08:28 AM
OMG the vid i just saw! O.O wth was dat!? *^*
Late november update trailer (probably).

ShadowDragon28
Nov 6, 2012, 08:30 AM
OMG.. the Darkers just materialized a massive battleship and flew up into space to the Arks Fleet...

Falz Hunar to be the End of Episode 1 story quest Boss. He's fast and seems veryvery powerful....

DarK-SuN
Nov 6, 2012, 08:32 AM
Falz Hunar seemed to be one, angry, m... o.O
Plus our "Lord and Unsavior" Dark Falz kinda showed his hand sticking out of Naberius reaching up to the Oracle Fleet... his way of saying hello while waving in a very menacing and destructive way is my guess.

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 08:39 AM
Currently 6 million exp and level 50? So the exp requirement nerf seems to be massive \o/

I've missed the whole thing, so could you specify what this means?

My Fighter has ~5.9m SP. I intentionally stopped raising that class in case some might get wasted after they lower the reqs (also readying other classes for minimum level requirements). Does this mean I'll suddenly be 100k away from level 50?

ShadowDragon28
Nov 6, 2012, 08:39 AM
what was up with that poll?

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 6, 2012, 08:41 AM
what was up with that poll?

The first poll asked what gender your character was in PSO2.

The second asked what your actual real gender was.

You saw the results. Something like 72% female characters and 83% male players. Watching the stream anyway.

I've missed the whole thing, so could you specify what this means?

My Fighter has ~5.9m SP. I intentionally stopped raising that class in case some might get wasted after they lower the reqs (also readying other classes for minimum level requirements). Does this mean I'll suddenly be 100k away from level 50?

The status screen we saw in-game was a level 50 character with about 6m exp. So if that's indication of the exp change then yeah you'll be really close to level 50 come patch.

Mike
Nov 6, 2012, 08:45 AM
Falz Hunar seemed to be one, angry, m... o.O
Plus our "Lord and Unsavior" Dark Falz kinda showed his hand sticking out of Naberius reaching up to the Oracle Fleet... his way of saying hello while waving in a very menacing and destructive way is my guess.
Story-wise, summoning Falz may be the Arks true purpose. The 8th and 9th story missions will probably be full of surprises.

EDIT: Zeno or Echo will probably kick the bucket.

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 08:51 AM
Did.. I see a female version of Zeno's clothes?

Mizunos
Nov 6, 2012, 08:52 AM
very average quality but that's the best I could come up with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiU4v-dZTLg

DarK-SuN
Nov 6, 2012, 08:54 AM
Story-wise, summoning Falz may be the Arks true purpose. The 8th and 9th story missions will probably be full of surprises.

If that's what ends up happening, it'd be a peculiar twist and basically every Arks was tricked into assisting instead of actually preventing it.
My guess, Echo, since a female character always dies in Phantasy Star; it's a staple, may it be half way through the story or at the very end.

Edit: Thanks, Mizuno!

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 08:59 AM
Thx, Mizunos. I've always wanted to wear that outfit but I play a female char lol. Also those new Arks outfits look nice. Time to hop on and grind meseta so I have some for tonights update

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the upload.

Ha ha ha, cast parts made out of paper.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 6, 2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the upload.

Ha ha ha, cast parts made out of paper.

They make me want to gag. X_X

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 09:06 AM
I'm going to wear them and turn their default printer paper thickness into pretty much corrugated cardboard. Still pretty thin.

I also get to go BEEP BEEP IMMA JET with those arm parts.

Good looking content overall. Hopefully night time is more common than the meteor shower in desert!

Enforcer MKV
Nov 6, 2012, 09:08 AM
I'm going to wear them and turn their default printer paper thickness into pretty much corrugated cardboard. Still pretty thin.

I also get to go BEEP BEEP IMMA JET with those arm parts.

Good looking content overall. Hopefully night time is more common than the meteor shower in desert!

That'll be interesting...

More on topic, that hand at the end....Well, there's our transformation. @_@ Forget Falz being an MPA boss, he's going to be the entire. freaking. field.

Keii
Nov 6, 2012, 09:09 AM

PSO2 - Destroyer of History update Part 2 trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiU4v-dZTLg)
Thanks a lot for that trailer!

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 09:11 AM
Falz Hunar is story only? welp.. time to do the matter board

Natsuma
Nov 6, 2012, 09:12 AM
Is any of you recording the live stream? I'd love to watch but am unfortunately unable to do so atm.

redroses
Nov 6, 2012, 09:12 AM
Oh my, Zeno outfit for females, awesome! The other new outfits looked quite interesting as well, really exciting!

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 09:16 AM
>1 Excube = 30 Grinders
10k meseta grinders incoming

Resanoca
Nov 6, 2012, 09:19 AM
>1 Excube = 30 Grinders
10k meseta grinders incomingThey're already 8.4k. lol So most likely higher than that.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 6, 2012, 09:22 AM
>1 Excube = 30 Grinders
10k meseta grinders incoming

I have hundreds of grinders saved up, it's not as if they're hard to find.

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 09:23 AM
They're already 8.4k. lol So most likely higher than that.

Wait, I thought that meant you could redeem an excube for 30 grinders. Does it mean you can BUY an excube with 30 grinders?

Hell yes. I may have burned 630 grinders in one sitting, but I still have nearly an entire stack to cash in on 8-)

Just read on bumped that hitstop for wands will be reduced. This is probably the best change for techer so far. It really messed with the flow when hitting a second thing meant having to delay your rhythm of attacks to get JA. Other melee weapons have a grace period in the JA where hitting even 3 things doesn't require changing your button pressing rhythm, it was silly that wands had such a small window.

jooozek
Nov 6, 2012, 09:25 AM
Oh boy, you don't honestly believe they would allow to trade common items for endgame items, do you? It's obviously getting 30 grinders for trading in 1 excube.

dioje
Nov 6, 2012, 09:32 AM
I wouldn't call a grinder "common" but you're probably right either way grinder prices aren't going down any time soon

jooozek
Nov 6, 2012, 09:36 AM
Prices are that high because they are dictated by the fact that the potential supply is cut-off thanks to a pay-wall while demand is as big as it ever could get since everyone has access to buying stuff on shops.

DoubleCannon
Nov 6, 2012, 09:48 AM
Soo i missed this.. Aand have no way of watching it on that site now. not going premium crap. what all happen? they show a new level or anything?

Mike
Nov 6, 2012, 09:54 AM
Soo i missed this.. Aand have no way of watching it on that site now. not going premium crap. what all happen? they show a new level or anything?

This'll give you a good overview:

PSO2 - Destroyer of History update Part 2 trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiU4v-dZTLg)

Resanoca
Nov 6, 2012, 09:55 AM
I wonder if that skirt outfit is for Casts too... Or rather, I'd like to hope so.

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 09:58 AM
Prices are that high because they are dictated by the fact that the potential supply is cut-off thanks to a pay-wall while demand is as big as it ever could get since everyone has access to buying stuff on shops.

No, prices are this high because new rares are actually worth getting, and they chew grinders up like no tomorrow.

Demand has gone way up. Supply may have also gone down a bit, but I wouldn't say that's the main reason prices are going up.

BIG OLAF
Nov 6, 2012, 09:59 AM
Snap, it looks like you fight Falz Hunar at the foot of a slightly-familiar-looking, albeit a bit 'modernized', stone obelisk.

Also, looks like the next non-special female outfit is another loli getup. Great.

Mike
Nov 6, 2012, 09:59 AM
Just read on bumped that hitstop for wands will be reduced. This is probably the best change for techer so far. It really messed with the flow when hitting a second thing meant having to delay your rhythm of attacks to get JA. Other melee weapons have a grace period in the JA where hitting even 3 things doesn't require changing your button pressing rhythm, it was silly that wands had such a small window.
Must have been kicked for that part cause I sure don't remember that.

EDIT: Going back over the time shift, that's right. Wand attack animation speed is going to be increased, the area that counts as a hit for wands is being increased, decreased hitstop time, boosted shifta/deband skills, a longer and wider Territory Burst, and more damage from the wand gear. No word on skill tree resets though. Of course.

DoubleCannon
Nov 6, 2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks mike for that. And holy snap! lol. mini boss is epic. and the ending.. That is like we need SUPER SONIC NOW! lmao

jooozek
Nov 6, 2012, 10:10 AM
No, prices are this high because new rares are actually worth getting, and they chew grinders up like no tomorrow.

Demand has gone way up. Supply may have also gone down a bit, but I wouldn't say that's the main reason prices are going up.

Rares were always getting worth getting, even if they had lower base -ATK, just because you had the hidden ability boost/Another History/Lucky Rise/etc.

Demand may have gone up but the prices wouldn't be as bad if the [uneducated guess on %] 90% of the playerbase could get rid off their saved up grinders that they don't use. As it is, the prices will only rise and the people who will suffer from this the most are those who don't have a shop pass and this is pretty stupid considering how Sakai effectively cockblocked the actualy taking effort ways of getting meseta. It's slowly getting as bad as I initially thought it'd get when we were switching from the open beta to launch phase.

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 10:15 AM
Rares were obviously always worth getting, but that didn't mean everyone got them nor did it mean everyone got new ones every update.

Ardillou was the best sword from Hard's release until set bonuses were implemented - and then the aristin only marginally outperformed it. Most new rares did not outperform the adillou series of rares. The only exception is IIRC launchers.

Now EVERYONE is upgrading EVERYTHING. 6*'s massively outperform 5*'s, so everyone who settled for uncommons is upgrading. Everyone who used the best of the best is upgrading to 10*'s, which chew through grinders like a fat guy through twinkies. Players like me who settled on dinian equipment because it was "good enough" are now upgrading to the new "good enough" gear, which tends to be 50%+ stronger. Everyone who had "good enough" before is now looking at an upgrade on the level or above the level of last patch's top end gear.

Everyone.

And that's who uses grinders the most - the community at large.

Supply largely remained the same. Demand did not.

jooozek
Nov 6, 2012, 10:24 AM
The 6* are so shitty that the old rares from hard mode beat them easily, like Dinia Edge beats the best 6* sword, that and compare their requirements - Dinia Edge requires 454 S-ATK while Vita Calibur needs 568 S-ATK.

DoubleCannon
Nov 6, 2012, 10:29 AM
The 6* are so shitty that the old rares from hard mode beat them easily, like Dinia Edge beats the best 6* sword, that and compare their requirements - Dinia Edge requires 454 S-ATK while Vita Calibur needs 568 S-ATK.

yeah sega has really gone wild on how items should be. 3* better than 7*, 8* worse than 5*. 6* with high req but worse than 8* .. atleast 10* havent been bad at all.. and the ones that were are being fixed

Ezodagrom
Nov 6, 2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks mike for that. And holy snap! lol. mini boss is epic. and the ending.. That is like we need SUPER SONIC NOW! lmao
If you're talking about the trailer posted by Mizunos, that's not a mini boss, it appears that it's a story boss.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 6, 2012, 10:49 AM

and yet, 6* rifles, launchers, and other weps with shoot II etc were moving out of my shop for awhile at 300-600K each, and they are easy to grind out and affix too, only use one grinder per grind, doesn't even start failing until +8+^_^+ granted profits are not as good as flipping rares, but good enough to turn stored grinders into quick cash+^_^+ don't underestimate the community's need for more powerful weps at a cheap under 1 mill price+^_^+ shame my shop runs out soon.....

IndigoNovember
Nov 6, 2012, 11:11 AM
Ouch, we're not getting Sara's outfit but something similar instead...

GreenArcher
Nov 6, 2012, 11:12 AM
Didn't think all of the system changes would be coming so soon. Glad I just spent a better part of yesterday/sunday getting my girlfriend through the level cap order. That shit takes a long time with just two people running around as opposed to 12.

Did they address RMT/bots at all? I feel Sega is doing a poor job of handling this. Go into just about any block and you're bound to find plenty of locked 1/12 rooms of level 40 rangers named audfiagfasdf with account ID asodfhusgsadf. Also the top 20 weekly container ranking are all bots.

Zyrusticae
Nov 6, 2012, 11:16 AM
Wow.

If that was just Falz' hand...

I guess we're going to be fighting his body parts in this game? :O

mailsonds
Nov 6, 2012, 11:19 AM
http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up24703.jpg

Crysteon
Nov 6, 2012, 11:19 AM
Wow.

If that was just Falz' hand...

I guess we're going to be fighting his body parts in this game? :O

Oh god...are we gonna fight an Exodia-like Falz? ._.

Jakosifer
Nov 6, 2012, 11:28 AM
Hunar looks to be one of those bosses that I would have more fun against as a Hunter than a Fighter. Just Guarding is more satisfying than flash dodging, especially against things that are actually aggressive.

Arika
Nov 6, 2012, 11:29 AM
Story mission has been somewhat too easy, I hope that this final chapter of Ep-1 will be somewhat challenge.

Anyway it is so funny how all those lv 50 with good gear are fighting in "Hard mode" Ruin instead of VH one...

Crysteon
Nov 6, 2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah, it was sorta boring fighting a Gwanada and Ragne that didnt last for more than a minute in story mode, lol. Falz Hunar seems to have something fun to offer...but I know it's gonna end in disappointment because this poor guy will be so darn nerfed on that story quest.

Arika
Nov 6, 2012, 11:49 AM
Yeah, it was sorta boring fighting a Gwanada and Ragne that didnt last for more than a minute in story mode, lol. Falz Hunar seems to have something fun to offer...but I know it's gonna end in disappointment because this poor guy will be so darn nerfed on that story quest.

It is all trouble ever since they nerf the story mission Vol Dragon just because someone couldn't win it. And the only difficult part in game at that is gone. (to be honest, that wasn't hard at all too. A lot of people win it first try.)

BIG OLAF
Nov 6, 2012, 11:51 AM
Oh my, Zeno outfit for females, awesome! The other new outfits looked quite interesting as well, really exciting!

Yeah, that's pretty neat. I think I'd like a female version of Close Quarter (HUmar outfit), but lightly modified with heels or something. I'd honestly like more battle gear-type outfits for females, like the Eretique Reine, and less frills and cutesy crap.

Crysteon
Nov 6, 2012, 12:02 PM
It is all trouble ever since they nerf the story mission Vol Dragon just because someone couldn't win it. And the only difficult part in game at that is gone. (to be honest, that wasn't hard at all too. A lot of people win it first try.)

Yeah, that's true. I remember the first time I did Vol's story quest before nerf...it was fun fighting it undergeared, lol....of course, it wasnt hard at all but it was a Lv 40 Vol during the time cap was still 40. To someone who barely takes 3-5 minutes to beat regular bosses, the current nerfs on story mode are highly disappointing.

Too bad this game doesnt have an extreme boss rushing mode where you fight fully boosted Lv 50 bosses one after another :/ .

GreenArcher
Nov 6, 2012, 12:32 PM
I'm somewhat glad we don't have that. I remember my first exposure to Towards the Future in PSO1: "oh man this is the best thing ever!"

Apparently people still feel that way ~10 years later since that is still the only thing people do.

Actually come to think of it boss experience is much lower in this game. So a boss rush mode wouldn't be spammable for EXP. I'm all for it!

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 12:38 PM
We still have it. It's called a 12 player MPA in the highest level area.

Kyra Tierney
Nov 6, 2012, 01:46 PM
Falz Hunar is actually Gettemhart.
They even spoiled it with cutscene that has him fighting Xeno in front of same obelisk.

Pretty sure none of partner characters will die, nor the ones who pop in emergencies will.

NoiseHERO
Nov 6, 2012, 01:50 PM
Falz Hunar is actually Gettemhart.

Wait it wasn't obvious from the first trailer?

>Humanoid falz in general...

>Punches things

>Stands like a thug

>Not real falz

Conclusion: Obviously captain douchebag gettumhart. : D

Jakosifer
Nov 6, 2012, 01:53 PM
Actually come to think of it boss experience is much lower in this game. So a boss rush mode wouldn't be spammable for EXP. I'm all for it!

Yeah, so long as each boss wasn't counted as a Code, it'd be a nice way to keep EXP insanity in check. Though with a smart party with good setups you could probably clear every boss in the game in like 3 minutes flat loading times aside.

Edit: I'm pretty sure we've all wanted to beat Gettemhawt the hell up since a certain chapter.

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 02:49 PM
Wait it wasn't obvious from the first trailer?

>Humanoid falz in general...

>Punches things

>Stands like a thug

>Not real falz

Conclusion: Obviously captain douchebag gettumhart. : D

I would enjoy watching gettemhalt going all rico on everybody's asses.

Vashyron
Nov 6, 2012, 02:51 PM
Story Spoiler.

It is Gettemhart, the script for the next story chapter has been in the game's data for quite a good while.

Edit: Hrm Correction, he turns into / gets possessed by "Falz."

Jyasupa
Nov 6, 2012, 07:11 PM
Story Spoiler.

It is Gettemhart, the script for the next story chapter has been in the game's data for quite a good while.

Edit: Hrm Correction, he turns into / gets possessed by "Falz."

NOOOOOOOOOO MY HASUBANDO

Omega-z
Nov 6, 2012, 08:08 PM
Has any thought why the obelisk is there? It's like Ragol's but the four outer Pillar's aren't there. hmm...... in the pic of the white mage that is thought of as Lutz in PSO also didn't have the four outer pillar's or the Original PSO. But In PSU there are four outer pillar's to the main obelisk, And that is supposedly Falz's memories in VR forum. This one has little humps where the other pillar's should be....... "IS" Naberius = Ragol ? different reality maybec or after PSO, before PSU (with the data since it's not the same place). IF it's the later then what happen to the people of PSO1? maybec it's Shion, Matoi and Masked man?

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 08:09 PM
I'd quite like a story mission that pulled us through each planet to do the pillars.

But then, that was PSO1, so PSO2 can be its own game too.

Omega-z
Nov 6, 2012, 08:21 PM
Hmm..... The Darker's could of come form the classic's Maybec with a different ship (Neo Plam Maybec) that crashed on Naberius and shion is form those who survived the crash.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 6, 2012, 08:39 PM
That "hand" looks like a massive Darker battleship to me and it seems like there are smaller Darker battle ships around it.

Sizustar
Nov 6, 2012, 08:57 PM
Snap, it looks like you fight Falz Hunar at the foot of a slightly-familiar-looking, albeit a bit 'modernized', stone obelisk.

Also, looks like the next non-special female outfit is another loli getup. Great.

Well, the last outfit was the dancer outfit, the fairy outfit should be...interesting on your chara wwwww

Zyrusticae
Nov 6, 2012, 08:58 PM
You know, if they're making female versions of male gear...

The ONE thing I want to see is a female version of the Humar outfit. That thing is beast. STILL, IMO, the best-looking outfit in the game. I wish the Humarl outfit looked anywhere near as good...

Sizustar
Nov 6, 2012, 09:03 PM

The ONE thing I want to see is a female version of the Humar outfit. That thing is beast. STILL, IMO, the best-looking outfit in the game. I wish the Humarl outfit looked anywhere near as good...

I want the male version of th Shinto outfit = =;

BIG OLAF
Nov 6, 2012, 09:05 PM
Well, the last outfit was the dancer outfit, the fairy outfit should be...interesting on your chara wwwww

That's assuming I wear it. Which I highly doubt I'll even look at the in-shop preview.

The ONE thing I want to see is a female version of the Humar outfit.

Yes, the Close Quarter. Glad someone agrees with me. Of course, like I pointed out, I'd like some feminine modifications, like small heel-platforms and a very little cleavage window i dunno

Resanoca
Nov 6, 2012, 09:11 PM
Female versions of male outfits... So does that mean...they can wear our swimming trunks now? :3

Sizustar
Nov 6, 2012, 09:14 PM
Female versions of male outfits... So does that mean...they can wear our swimming trunks now? :3

No, it's probabely a seperate "Category" not just the male outfit.
Should male get Female outfit option?

Resanoca
Nov 6, 2012, 09:22 PM
lol It was a joke. But yes, males should have female options too. It's like, totally unfair to our gender. We deserve better blahblahblah.

Rika-chan
Nov 6, 2012, 09:23 PM

YES!! :D I'll make ALL my male teammates wear female outfits >:3

Crystal_Shard
Nov 6, 2012, 09:25 PM
Still trying to figure out where in the video was hinted that Zeno/Echo might kick it... O_O

A female Close Quarter would be nice for sure, but it's pretty hard to imagine how a male version of Echo's outfit would look like (or a male Neighbour Quartz/Thousand Rim. XD). :3 Still, I'm all for more choices for both male and female characters.

@Sizustar: Also, what Shinto outfit are you talking about?

Sizustar
Nov 6, 2012, 09:25 PM
YES!! :D I'll make ALL my male teammates wear female outfits >:3

Well, would people like an option to "dress" NPC partner?

Renvalt
Nov 6, 2012, 10:43 PM
I would enjoy watching gettemhalt going all rico on everybody's asses.

Personally speaking, I'm more concerned about the fate of Mel Von Shina, that Newman girl that's been forced to endure Gettemhalt's said douchebaggery (even so much as directly being the victim of it).

From the looks of it, she's interacting with that obelisk in a way that doesn't seem safe - I seriously pray she doesn't end up getting killed because of what Gettemhalt does (or if she does, then I seriously hope Gettemhalt mourns her passing when he snaps out of his Falz-induced rage).

It seems to me though that Shion knows WAY too much - for a simple existence "that is only allowed to observe", she can change fate way too much. I get the feeling she's not exactly alive - something happened in her time, and her spirit was catapulted BACK in time to correct events that would eventually kill her.

My theory - everything Shion had us do gave us a shot at actually preventing Falz's victory in the future. Shion KNEW that the fight was rigged, so she went back to make sure we could actually have a fair fight against Falz.

Also, if those ships are the Darker's Den, then my belief is that our fight won't be in just one of those, but we'll be hopping from den to den in order to reach the motherden, leading to the fight with its heart, a la PSU's SEED-Colony Dulk Falkis.

EDIT - Couldn't help but notice Sizustar's post. Permission to dress Fourier and Echo in the sluttiest outfit in-game currently?

Alenoir
Nov 6, 2012, 11:06 PM
Still trying to figure out where in the video was hinted that Zeno/Echo might kick it... O_O

Sakai said something big happens to Xeno and Echo, but wouldn't say more. .-.

Arika
Nov 6, 2012, 11:11 PM

Xeno and Eko fused into Dark Faiz core...

Reiketsu
Nov 6, 2012, 11:16 PM
I want the male version of th Shinto outfit = =;

Yes!! YES!! This would be perfect... I would never want to wear anything else, anymore!!
That miko dress with a long skirt for girls and all my clothing dreams would be fulfilled!

Griffin
Nov 6, 2012, 11:19 PM
Give me fleshy bonebag versions of CAST parts, so I can CAST while I Human.

NoiseHERO
Nov 6, 2012, 11:22 PM
Give humans CAST rocket skates

/game

Crystal_Shard
Nov 6, 2012, 11:24 PM

Ah. I suppose it's fortunate that they aren't MY main characters. XD I normally hate bad stuff happening to protagonist-like characters, even if they are NPCs. I wonder if whatever happens will be permanent, or reversed later while playing with the timeline with Shion.

I guess that's why I didn't see the hint. The posted video's just the promo trailer, not the commentary.

@Arika: Conjecture? :3

NoiseHERO
Nov 6, 2012, 11:58 PM
Man I was hyped for female "humar outfit" for all 0 of my female characters and it's already the bandwagon choice... D:

C'mere female xeno outfit... >_>

Get on Alice's body.

BIG OLAF
Nov 7, 2012, 12:00 AM
Hnnf, can't wait for those increased rare monster and item spawn rates.

Oh, and that other stuff too.

NoiseHERO
Nov 7, 2012, 12:12 AM
Male trainee just reminds me of shop outfit,

But it'll be swag material if it doesn't have a stupid coat tail.

>SEGA's ability to completely ruin what would've been an awesome outfit by adding one small thing to it.

Sizustar
Nov 7, 2012, 12:53 AM
Hnnf, can't wait for those increased rare monster and item spawn rates.

Oh, and that other stuff too.

Rare spawn rate is increased by 10x according to the video.
So it should be about..as common..as the rare rappy enemy appearing?

BIG OLAF
Nov 7, 2012, 12:54 AM

That's...that's amazing, and beautiful, and awesome.

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2012, 12:55 AM

Base spawn rates seem to be .1%, judging by the quest details. So now they'll be 1%?

Beats the .2% I was expecting.

Griffin
Nov 7, 2012, 01:00 AM

SOME FAITH YOU HAD BEFORE THOUGH, NASS.

Kenrokuen
Nov 7, 2012, 03:42 AM
I was lv 47 before today's patch, will the xp be conserved and I'll be something like 49 with the same amount of xp I had or will it be converted (ex : I am lv 47 with 10 M xp, I'll be 47 with 7M xp...) Maybe I'm too concerned about something futile x)

(sorry for the poor english)

Sizustar
Nov 7, 2012, 06:03 AM

Just played for...3 hour?

Already met
Rare
Quartz Dragon - Got two Ragarant Disk
Rock Bear
Mamoth
Forest Banther - Got 2 Nazan Disk

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2012, 09:38 AM
Just played for...3 hour?

Already met
Rare
Quartz Dragon - Got two Ragarant Disk
Rock Bear
Mamoth
Forest Banther - Got 2 Nazan Disk

I'm going to love it if the new issue is we can't complete non-rare CO's because of how common the rare versions are.

Sizustar
Nov 7, 2012, 09:50 AM
Another thing.
Please remember to reset the load-out on your AI-Partner card.
This update, also made it possible for AI Partner to switch weapon.
It's hilirous to see a FO/Te try to kill Quartz dragon with a gunslash....

Maronji
Nov 7, 2012, 10:39 AM
Another thing.
Please remember to reset the load-out on your AI-Partner card.
This update, also made it possible for AI Partner to switch weapon.
It's hilirous to see a FO/Te try to kill Quartz dragon with a gunslash....

Seriously? In that case, cheers!

Personally, that's the best news I've heard all morning.