PDA

View Full Version : Will NA PSO2 have crash problems?

IKeepItReal
Nov 1, 2012, 07:43 PM
The JP PSO2 can crash alot for various reasons to various people. Will the North America release of PSO2 have the same issues of crashing like the JP versions or will these problems be easier to fix if they even exist to NA Users.

The Walrus
Nov 1, 2012, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it has the same issues honestly.

blace
Nov 1, 2012, 07:53 PM
Every game I have played, be it in the original language or localized, has its share of similar bugs and issues. So most likely the same issues plaguing JP PSO2 now will inevitably happen over in EN PSO2.

Lostbob117
Nov 1, 2012, 08:20 PM
Yes, same stuff will happen.

Arika
Nov 1, 2012, 10:25 PM
it is issue from gameguard, and both versions are going to use the same gameguard, so error will be the same.

except in NA server there are probably less RMT seller, but more hackers that show off to destroy your mags, and boot random people in lobby for their own fun.

Macman
Nov 1, 2012, 10:31 PM
I'm almost positive that the NA version will be using the exact same .exe's that Japan's been using since day 1 (yes, day1 JP content on day1 of global PSO2. Calling it) except translated, meaning all bugs and old exploits will come back to bite us in the early days.

You ready for the NPC moving exploit to return? Ready to not be able play the game for weeks because SoA doesn't feel like pushing out the next update that SoJ already made half a year ago?

[Ayumi]
Nov 1, 2012, 10:45 PM
I'm almost positive that the NA version will be using the exact same .exe's that Japan's been using since day 1 (yes, day1 JP content on day1 of global PSO2. Calling it) except translated, meaning all bugs and old exploits will come back to bite us in the early days.

You ready for the NPC moving exploit to return? Ready to not be able play the game for weeks because SoA doesn't feel like pushing out the next update that SoJ already made half a year ago?

Well I won't say about the updating, but I do know it will be day 1 JP.

Shirokami
Nov 1, 2012, 10:59 PM
NA version will be slow updating, full of bugs, hackers and assholes.

Griffin
Nov 1, 2012, 11:29 PM
NA version will be slow updating, full of bugs, hackers and assholes.

Your line of logic is BRILLIANT, sir!

Shirokami
Nov 1, 2012, 11:34 PM
Your line of logic is BRILLIANT, sir!

How does logic apply to anything I said? I just said what I think is going to happen.

Mike
Nov 1, 2012, 11:37 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the English versions of PSO2 came with all the bug-fixes that have been applied to the Japanese version so far. International versions got the updated Ep. 1 & 2 when it came out on the Gamecube and the English version of PSP2 came with the damage cancel / disappearing room item fix.

Shirokami
Nov 1, 2012, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the English versions of PSO2 came with all the bug-fixes that have been applied to the Japanese version so far. International versions got the updated Ep. 1 & 2 when it came out on the Gamecube and the English version of PSP2 came with the damage cancel / disappearing room item fix.

Let's hope we get all the fixes.
Although seeing NPCs float outside of the ship would be... Hilarious.
KOFFIE GIMME MAH MAG!

Griffin
Nov 1, 2012, 11:43 PM
How does logic apply to anything I said? I just said what I think is going to happen.

You didn't say "think". And logic was obviously sarcasm. :p

Chik'Tikka
Nov 2, 2012, 01:12 AM
NA version should have fewer 630 disconnects due to latency issues for those with minimum broadband service and whatnot+^_^+ (i think one of the reasons global servers didn't work out, aside from all the international legality issues that didn't exist for PSO1, is the nonuniform infrastructure between Tokyo and places like Maine or Ireland+^_^+ i mean, some of that cabling was laid down or strung up in the '70s+^_^+

Priest
Nov 2, 2012, 02:31 AM
Am I the only one who thought this thread was asking if NA would have code: protections? I play this game too much..

Ogni-XR21
Nov 2, 2012, 05:02 AM
I'm hoping they have the current code when launching the international version but I'm afraid it will be just like PSU where each fix will come with the update that fixed it for the JP version.

[Ayumi]
Nov 2, 2012, 08:45 AM
That's games with stuck content directly and isn't fixed along the way. I wouldn't use it as an example. I would more use an example as PSU as it was the 1st I can tell that was updated and patched slowly along the way.

Am I the only one who thought this thread was asking if NA would have code: protections? I play this game too much..
Yeah... yeah you do.

I'm hoping they have the current code when launching the international version but I'm afraid it will be just like PSU where each fix will come with the update that fixed it for the JP version.

This is what I think.

Link1275
Nov 2, 2012, 10:26 AM
it is issue from gameguard, and both versions are going to use the same gameguard, so error will be the same.

except in NA server there are probably less RMT seller, but more hackers that show off to destroy your mags, and boot random people in lobby for their own fun.

Destroy your mags? That's a new one.

gigawuts
Nov 2, 2012, 11:05 AM
I'm sure it'll have the exe bugfixes, and since gameguard is separate I'm sure it'll be up to date, but as far as still existing crashing issues with windows 7, and of course windows 8, go, no I think that'll still be a shitstorm.

Shirokami
Nov 2, 2012, 11:51 AM
At least I'll be able to complain like a bitch at english forums...
Also, I'm almost sure exp rates will be higher or exp to level will be lower.
Also, everyone should organize regarding shop prices so we avoid inflation.

The Walrus
Nov 2, 2012, 11:59 AM
Also, I'm almost sure exp rates will be higher or exp to level will be lower.

That would be the greatest thing. No wait, greatest thing would be just letting us choose which costumes we get with our AC. SECOND GREATEST THING.

Kous
Nov 2, 2012, 02:34 PM
Ok Answer this questions......................... think is would crash less, due to the fact that the servers will be localized for the NA

Also I think that the exp to level will be lower and exp rate will stand the same. Only because for the JP server, Sega is working against the clock to make new update so to stall the players they make the exp to next level super high.

In the NA server they will have the updates ready and can make our exp to next level less than it is on JP server, and this only implies to house much it takes to lv up at the 40-50 area

blace
Nov 2, 2012, 02:42 PM
If it remains like the other F2P market, they may just get every bug fix that came with the JP version. Content will more or less be like day 1 with some minor tweaks.

As for experience needed to level, I think they may be more similar to the JP servers than anything, but that is subject to change and scrutiny as this game is being run by a branch of the same company and not through a third party publisher.

Gama
Nov 2, 2012, 02:49 PM
I'm sure it'll have the exe bugfixes, and since gameguard is separate I'm sure it'll be up to date, but as far as still existing crashing issues with windows 7, and of course windows 8, go, no I think that'll still be a shitstorm.

no issues with windows 8, the game actually started applying the file permissions correctly on windows 8 xD, i am also able to play in battery saving mode with no lag, and well a big improvement in cpu and gpu temperatures due to this.

also no antivirus issues since w8 integrated antivirus isnt bad.

Macman
Nov 2, 2012, 05:05 PM
Ok Answer this questions......................... think is would crash less, due to the fact that the servers will be localized for the NA
Do you even know how computers work? Server location and language have nothing to do with the client puking on your machine.

Noblewine
Nov 2, 2012, 06:32 PM
I imagine what would cause the game to crash is hackers doing it on purpose or the game inability to handle a number of people on a ship. Hopefully SoA will take care of these issue when they start and won't turn off alot of players.

Gama
Nov 2, 2012, 09:09 PM
i see lots of hope for the eu servers lol.

just like in the previous versions...

blace
Nov 2, 2012, 09:20 PM
i see lots of hope for the eu servers lol.

just like in the previous versions...

I still don't see how people think that they are split into NA and EU when the announcement was that the two servers are interlinked for the english version.

Gama
Nov 3, 2012, 03:32 AM
will the eu version be able to connect to the jp server? no? thats too bad.

blace
Nov 3, 2012, 03:42 AM
NA server and EU server. Same game different region. Linked together for english version. Just like that.

With how Japan is running their version, it would cause some problems having the game linked with the western servers.

Vintasticvin
Nov 3, 2012, 06:33 AM
Im quite positive the "International" release will have minimal problems unlike the glorious JPso2 but it served as an example of what could go wrong and how it can be fixed, as far as content goes I could care less Im pretty excited and ready to get teary eyed again when I see "The day I was waiting for." Flashes on my screen :P And of course the not so very lovable "Data manipulators" will be there for sure as much as we hate them they still get our praises and wouldnt be pso without them >_< Just as long as they dont affect players accounts or personal info.

I have much faith in the soon to be released pso2 game.

Arika
Nov 3, 2012, 07:05 AM

English version got thing fix when it release, but never get more content after that though. no update so there is no need to fix more bug right?