PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 If there will be an item crafting system

Syklo
Nov 3, 2012, 03:43 AM
Would you be in favour of it?

Although I'm not a PS veteran, I personally would laugh if the system was dubbed "Photosynthesis"

Chik'Tikka
Nov 3, 2012, 04:08 AM
in PSU it was just called Synthesis+^_^+

Aka
Nov 3, 2012, 04:43 AM
What, introduce even more RNG into the game? No thanks!

Gama
Nov 3, 2012, 04:49 AM
Hell to the no!

Misaki Ki
Nov 3, 2012, 04:58 AM
I had enough of those 99% success rate failures for a lifetime.

Blizz3112
Nov 3, 2012, 05:06 AM
It really doesn't add anything special... Crafting was always meh to me, because it took too much time to process and was usually only used to earn some money from it the easy way...

Chik'Tikka
Nov 3, 2012, 05:32 AM
I had enough of those 99% success rate failures for a lifetime.

^ PSO2 is soo forgiving+^_^+ i love you ドゥドゥ<3 thx for not throwing out my stuff when they fail+^_^+

Stormwalker
Nov 3, 2012, 06:25 AM
Do not want.

Ogni-XR21
Nov 3, 2012, 06:30 AM
Synthing was one of the worst factors of PSU. It was one of the biggest flaws and what made me quit playing in the long run.

Arika
Nov 3, 2012, 07:12 AM
They could have used synthesis system the one like Monster Hunter.

You want to upgrade you Vol scale?
Bring me Vol's fang x5 , Vol's Horn x1, Vol arm x2, and 30,000 meseta, then I will upgrade that for ya!

*Ding!*

you level up your vol scale into lambda vol scale.

Gama
Nov 3, 2012, 07:23 AM

Bring me Vol's fang x5 , Vol's Horn x1, Vol arm x2, and 30,000 meseta, then I will upgrade that for ya!

*Ding!*

this would be really good, and i would be surprised if this was implemented later on.

Sp-24
Nov 3, 2012, 07:24 AM
More like

Items required:

Vol Scale, Doral's Fang x5, Doral's Horn x1, Doral's Arm x2

Result:

Doral Scale, 30% chance

That'll be 30000 meseta. Contunue?

Yes / No

Shibarashiku un ga nai na, kimi wa

Items created:

None

Items lost:

Vol Scale, Doral's Fang x5, Doral's Horn x1, Doral's Arm x2

Mizunos
Nov 3, 2012, 08:36 AM
If the success rates were set at 100% (a la Dragon Nest), this would be a welcome addition. More ways to earn cash (sell rare materials), inject mesetas into the economy (which is currently disastrous), etc

gigawuts
Nov 3, 2012, 08:49 AM
With how horrible grinding is, having a chance to not even get a weapon like in PSU?

ha ha ha no

When I pick up a rare, I want it to be something I can actually use (given I meet the stat requirements). Besides tekking, no more investments should be required of me.

Arika
Nov 3, 2012, 08:54 AM
As I quote it from Monster Hunter system, so success rate should be the same 100% as that game, as long as you collect enough rare material.

Angelo
Nov 3, 2012, 09:37 AM
The only 'crafting' I want is the ability to reskin weapons and armor.

It'd give people a reason to keep hunting sub-par rares and give people a more unique look.

For example, even non-Ranger classes would be hunting for cool rifles to reskin Bouquet Rifle.

Would also give a reason to keep 10* rares we'll never use since you can't trade them...

Darki
Nov 3, 2012, 09:47 AM
God, no.

Maybe a system to get some particular weapons through item gathering quests, like some of the weapons in PSO made of monster parts. But a full-fledged synthesis system like PSU's would end exactly like PSU's: ignored by 90% of the population except for those with money enough to throw it to Doo Doo for long enough to be able to make some profit from it in the long run.

I would not be against a system based on certain average-level weapons that would allow great customization through grinding. For example, a system that allows the crafting of 1* and 4* regular weapons, but allowing for certain synthesis-only affixes or attributes. I've seen this in other games and is a good system to make yourself a decent palette that will last till you get yourself good rarz.

Coatl
Nov 3, 2012, 09:50 AM
this would be really good, and i would be surprised if this was implemented later on.

More like

Yes / No

Saddest part is, that's how most MMOs have their crafting system.
The affixing system is bad enough. Please, please, don't bring a crafting system unless the craft rate is 100%.

gigawuts
Nov 3, 2012, 09:56 AM
The only 'crafting' I want is the ability to reskin weapons and armor.

It'd give people a reason to keep hunting sub-par rares and give people a more unique look.

For example, even non-Ranger classes would be hunting for cool rifles to reskin Bouquet Rifle.

Would also give a reason to keep 10* rares we'll never use since you can't trade them...

If we really never get unique behaviors on rares, then I'm all down for this.

Otherwise, 100%-chance crafting is just redundant.

Blizz3112
Nov 3, 2012, 12:51 PM
I still say, Item merging is different than actually crafting... Crafting requires levels of crafting and chances of failure in making stuff... I personally think this is NOT needed in a game as PSO 2... Combining Items into better Items however is more the way Phantasy Star should work... making it worth the effort in collecting stuff and getting better stuff by combining it.

Galax
Nov 3, 2012, 12:59 PM
I still say, Item merging is different than actually crafting... Crafting requires levels of crafting and chances of failure in making stuff... I personally think this is NOT needed in a game as PSO 2... Combining Items into better Items however is more the way Phantasy Star should work... making it worth the effort in collecting stuff and getting better stuff by combining it.

This is what I was thinking. PSO1 had that, and PSU had that with trade in missions.

Like...

Wand+50 (I think that was max grind for basic Wand), equip, use the Heart magicrock item (forget exact name), get Magical Piece. That was good.

Or in PSU's case...

Chainsawd, Chain Edge, I think it was Jo'ouns soul = Chainsawd+. That was good, too.

But bringing back synthesis? Is it gonna be more boards I put in my mag that work based on his stats? No, fuck that. I'm sorry. This would be...No. Just don't. I think I synthed more grinders than anything else, and that was to make money on my A/S+9s/10s. I used to synth weapons, but then I got a load of Acenaline, Okiku Dolls, and random Meganites and shit. Never again.

Jakosifer
Nov 3, 2012, 02:01 PM
I would be totally cool with it so long as there wasn't RNG bullsht involved. RNG crap for upgrading is so dreadfully outdated.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 3, 2012, 04:40 PM

*Ding!*

As I quote it from Monster Hunter system, so success rate should be the same 100% as that game, as long as you collect enough rare material.

Monster Hunter fan much??+^_^+ seen more Monster Hunter references on PSO-W then any other place on the web+^_^+ any rate, i doubt Capcom would let SEGA steal their crafting system, SEGA would have to make a lot of changes to keep it original, and knowing SEGAC, it would resemble PSU Synth more then MH crafting+^_^+

DoubleCannon
Nov 3, 2012, 06:52 PM
I am sorry but I NEVER want to see anything like this. I would be crushed. I love finding actual rares. when demo comet drops I wanna scream I found demo comet! not I found! [B] Demo Comet: requires 99x Burn Draal horns 99x Nero Orbs 99x Aragni legs

no fuck that shit lol

Lostbob117
Nov 3, 2012, 07:26 PM
Dudu rips us off enough.

[Ayumi]
Nov 3, 2012, 07:32 PM
I had hundreds and hundreds of boards on PSU.
From little rares to "once big" ones like a Killet Elite/Elic and Agito Repca.

What happened to them? Well seeing as I haven't been on PSU in for ever, they died with the game. They were too low to sell as a board and there was no way in hell I was going to risk making them as I know even with a 99% success rate it would have a 99% chance of failing like other little things I've tried synching on the game.

It would just be the same thing on here if they brought that BS back.
Well no...

Seeing how limited space is, I would NPC them right on the spot, or simply not pick them up at all.

EvilMag
Nov 3, 2012, 07:42 PM
Synthesis was neat on paper but was not done well. I hated how it was the only way to get weapons unless you use player shops. I'm glad they finally did away with that garbage later on in PSU's life with the Supplemental Updates.

supersonix9
Nov 3, 2012, 07:45 PM
Sure, why not?

GoldenFalcon
Nov 3, 2012, 07:48 PM
;2877633']there was no way in hell I was going to risk making them as I know even with a 99% success rate it would have a 99% chance of failing

lol, total bullshit

[Ayumi]
Nov 3, 2012, 08:03 PM
lol, total bullshit

I've had numerous armor and a few weapons fail on me at 99% rate.
And I had all PMs of all types at 100.
(100 Strike 100 Tech 100 Range 100 Armor).
So don't give me that "total bullshit" when even my friends saw it happen to me.

Galax
Nov 3, 2012, 08:06 PM
lol, total bullshit

No, trust me....It's not. 99%, the weapon came out shitty or you got an Okiku Doll. Perhaps saying 99% = 99% fail is exaggerating, but it was pretty bad.

And yeah, you didn't bother synthing unless you were stupid, desperate, rich, or the percent was 100. It just wasn't worth it.

And tell me, if there's even a thought in your mind to try synthesis...

You hunt down King Vardha - the rare one - and he drops you a redbox. Excited as fuck, you run over to it...

[B] Vardha Cannon

You pick it up and read the description...

[B] Vardha Cannon
15x Vardha Cannon (Material)
30x Photon Crystal
25x Grinder
25x Synthesizer (that tool thing that looks like a pistol grip of sorts? That.)

Sure...the grinders and synthesizers aren't all that hard. The photon crystals will be annoying...But you know the requirement would be something like that for the first slot. Now let's think about how you'd get vardha cannon materials...Why, by beating Big Vardha! Or, if SEGA really wants to make it true to the boss the board dropped from, killing King Vardha.

Yeah...See, no. That could happen, it really could, and ahahhaahahha! No.

gigawuts
Nov 3, 2012, 08:09 PM
No, trust me....It's not. 99%, the weapon came out shitty or you got an Okiku Doll. Perhaps saying 99% = 99% fail is exaggerating, but it was pretty bad.

And yeah, you didn't bother synthing unless you were stupid, desperate, rich, or the percent was 100. It just wasn't worth it.

And tell me, if there's even a thought in your mind to try synthesis...

You hunt down King Vardha - the rare one - and he drops you a redbox. Excited as fuck, you run over to it...

[B] Vardha Cannon

You pick it up and read the description...

[B] Vardha Cannon
15x Vardha Cannon (Material)
30x Photon Crystal
25x Grinder
25x Synthesizer (that tool thing that looks like a pistol grip of sorts? That.)

Sure...the grinders and synthesizers aren't all that hard. The photon crystals will be annoying...But you know the requirement would be something like that for the first slot. Now let's think about how you'd get vardha cannon materials...Why, by beating Big Vardha! Or, if SEGA really wants to make it true to the boss the board dropped from, killing King Vardha.

Yeah...See, no. That could happen, it really could, and ahahhaahahha! No.

This isn't even the kicker.

What's the kicker?

You get 3 tries, and it's a 10% success rate each try. On a max photon fortune day.

Syklo
Nov 4, 2012, 01:49 AM
Didn't expect so much hate >.<
But I was thinking of the 100% success kind of crafting....with access to "better" stuff and yadayada you get the point.

Patmaster
Nov 4, 2012, 03:25 AM

*Ding!*

^SIGNED!

The MH weapon and armor crafting system is so good. Even if it gets tedious smashing the baddies a couple of times BUT it rewards you in the long run for sure. RNG is bull****!

GoldenFalcon
Nov 4, 2012, 04:33 AM
You guys are all "But I failed 99% chances multiple times, the game is lying!"

If you synthesize hundreds of things, it's bound to happen. It's just easy to conveniently forget all of the successes because they don't stand out.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 4, 2012, 04:50 AM
You guys are all "But I failed 99% chances multiple times, the game is lying!"

If you synthesize hundreds of things, it's bound to happen. It's just easy to conveniently forget all of the successes because they don't stand out.

O.o you saying that those ultra rare boards on PSU, after weeks of hunting for one to drop, and it says 70% chance at the best, that you had successes? cause i went through a good number of Armas line boards with a pure armor bot and only got 1 Armas line out of all the trouble (and money for the mats)+^_^+ (come to think of it, that Armas line was the only good and valuable thing i ever synthed on PSU, nothing else came out at all unless it was a no element 2* armor, like ever)

GoldenFalcon
Nov 4, 2012, 04:58 AM
O.o you saying that those ultra rare boards on PSU, after weeks of hunting for one to drop, and it says 70% chance at the best, that you had successes?

No, I didn't hunt those because I never got rare drops. I was a lot more prone to buying things and making them, since the chances were fair, and turned out to be fair in all my cases.

However, in PSO2, transferring abilities onto weapons is basically Synthesis with a level 0 PM...

Galax
Nov 4, 2012, 12:37 PM
And if I'm interpreting this correctly, our point is that synthing felt like that half the time anyway, no matter your PMs level.

Like in fire emblem. Your unit as a 35% chance to hit with an Iron Axe. You aren't going to use him to attack...You're going to pull your Cavalier with a 94% hitrate over and have him do the job.

Later, it's your Swordmaster has a 35% chance to critical with a Samshir. Are you even going to LOOK at what another unit can do? No, no you're not, because you know, from experience, 35% critical is as good as done. I swear that 35% crits are more tilted than the numbers say - They happen way more than 35% hitrate, and yes, I've tested. Ross has died for that test a fair few times.

Whatever the numbers say, I've learned not to trust them. 99%? Not a B rank? It's not really 99, it's probably 66. It's retardedly annoying, and in my experience, this was the case. I tried synthing for a while - I thought it'd be cost effective.

Then Agito Repca boards were more expensive than a 7/7 Repca. That's not even factoring the materials needed to make it, folks, the price of the board was up in the ten millions when I could buy a made and grinded Repca for 2-5mil...

Back the FE comparison, that's like Are you going to use the Axemans 35% hitrate, the Cavaliers 94% hitrate, or just say fuck you both and use Bolting on your Mage Knight and OHKO the bastard without crit and without a chance to miss?

Probably Bolting. If you've got a braincell, you'd use bolting. Which is the same as buying a premade weapon - The smartest choice.

Hopefully this isn't as confusing as I'm worried it'll be.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 4, 2012, 02:58 PM
Later, it's your Swordmaster has a 35% chance to critical with a Samshir. Are you even going to LOOK at what another unit can do? No, no you're not, because you know, from experience, 35% critical is as good as done. I swear that 35% crits are more tilted than the numbers say -

My brother informed me that critical rates are doubled for mooks on purpose, to make it useful

So.. you can't use that as backing for "numbers are wrong!"

I still believe your retroshades are blurry

Galax
Nov 4, 2012, 09:11 PM
...And that's why I was hoping it wasn't confusing.

So, according to your brother, 35%=70%? Which is what synthing felt like in PSU, only reversed; 70% seemed to equal 35%.

As to retroshades, I assume those are the opposite of the Nostalgia Filters? Making something in your memory less favorable compared to another? ...No, I'm not so sure about that. I had a great time on SOME aspects of PSU. I'm stepping as far back from my own feelings on the matter of synthing as I can - I can't do that entirely if I use examples from my own experience, though. Still...I wasn't a synthing fan, not by any stretch...but that doesn't mean I'm letting that cloud my thinking.

As to double...I'm not quite sure it would be that much. Joshua as a swordmaster isn't critting anywhere near half the time, which it would be if it were truly doubled - 27% -> 54%. Meh - Just a sidenote.

Noblewine
Nov 4, 2012, 09:21 PM
Maybe but I perfer the way it was done in PSZ or PSO. I didn't dislike how the crafting system worked in PSU because trying get the percentage above 30% or higher was another annoying factor in Universe. Or you had to deal with failing even with 99% chance of success.

Raven5_1
Nov 6, 2012, 07:52 AM
wha da fuq?

Galax
Nov 6, 2012, 08:10 AM
Phantasy Star was one of the pioneers of the traditional console RPG format, featuring fully traversable overworld maps, complete with interactive towns, and sprawling dungeons. The player engages in random enemy encounters, both on the overworld map and in dungeons, which saw a change from the top-down perspective to a first-person view.^^; Unique amongst all games of the time was the faux 3-D graphics of Phantasy Star's Dungeons, a widely praised technological feature. Also notable were the animations of the enemy sprites, which featured considerably more frames than were common at the time. Battles featured the now standard turn-based format, with each player using a combination of weapons and magic to destroy enemies. :whip:

While I'm sure we all appreciate the praise an small lessonreview...

Got anything on topic to say?

Syklo
Nov 7, 2012, 01:02 AM
Phantasy Star was one of the pioneers of the traditional console RPG format, featuring fully traversable overworld maps, complete with interactive towns, and sprawling dungeons. The player engages in random enemy encounters, both on the overworld map and in dungeons, which saw a change from the top-down perspective to a first-person view.^^; Unique amongst all games of the time was the faux 3-D graphics of Phantasy Star's Dungeons, a widely praised technological feature. Also notable were the animations of the enemy sprites, which featured considerably more frames than were common at the time. Battles featured the now standard turn-based format, with each player using a combination of weapons and magic to destroy enemies. :whip:
What if this is actually an Ad-bot......

promoting phantasy star on a phantasy star thread?

-gasp-
Seriously, he only has 1 post so it makes sense..