PDA

View Full Version : Computers...

Not Crazed
Nov 3, 2012, 05:42 AM
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-p6-2310ea-desktop-pc-17445619-pdt.html

Would this computer run pso2 on max or near max settings, but not be choppy and be steadily smooth even when things get hectic on screen...

Thanks,
Crazed

Chik'Tikka
Nov 3, 2012, 05:50 AM
AMD HD Media Accelerator up to 2 GB.....
might do fine with simple shaders+^_^+ Google is failing me on the GPU, so ima assume it's integrated, that rig is OK, but you'll need to get a separate Graphics card to run PSO2 at max settings with 60FPS i think+^_^+ you should ask here about PC stuff+^_^+ http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

Ezodagrom
Nov 3, 2012, 09:30 AM
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-p6-2310ea-desktop-pc-17445619-pdt.html

Would this computer run pso2 on max or near max settings, but not be choppy and be steadily smooth even when things get hectic on screen...

Thanks,
Crazed
Deffinitely not, steadily smooth only at low or maybe medium settings.

Sammickk
Nov 3, 2012, 10:22 AM
short answer is no.... save money and Build a computer... its not even Hard, in fact there is several youtube videos on how to do it. The Egg (newegg) is a great place to Shop for Parts

to the other posted about integrated Graphics.... you are right. without a dedicated Graphics Card your sunk.. I haven't played PSO yet but i bet a 7770 would play the game just fine, or a GTX 560 Fermi

Ezodagrom
Nov 3, 2012, 12:28 PM
short answer is no.... save money and Build a computer... its not even Hard, in fact there is several youtube videos on how to do it. The Egg (newegg) is a great place to Shop for Parts

to the other posted about integrated Graphics.... you are right. without a dedicated Graphics Card your sunk.. I haven't played PSO yet but i bet a 7770 would play the game just fine, or a GTX 560 Fermi
Yeah, a HD7770 should play the game fine at max settings, I have an HD6850, which has a similar performance to the HD7770, I play at max settings at 1440x900 with anisotropic filtering forced through the drivers (I would play at an higher resolution, but my screen's max resolution is 1440x900).

Shirokami
Nov 3, 2012, 01:09 PM
PC question thread huh.
Well, I've got a question then!
Right now I have 2GB RAM and I'm definitely going to upgrade it, but I'm not sure if I should get 4GB or 8GB.
Is 8GB really needed?

Ezodagrom
Nov 3, 2012, 01:22 PM
PC question thread huh.
Well, I've got a question then!
Right now I have 2GB RAM and I'm definitely going to upgrade it, but I'm not sure if I should get 4GB or 8GB.
Is 8GB really needed?
Nowadays, nope, 4GB is enough. In the future, maybe 8GB might be needed.

Sammickk
Nov 3, 2012, 01:25 PM
if you Operating system is 64 bit, yes get at least 4 but i think cheap as DDR 3 sticks are now i'd get 2 sticks of crucial ballistics (4 gigs each) i think it is for 40 bucks off The Egg

Make sure you Motherboard can support a 4 gig chip per slot and that it is DDR3, (this depends on age of the PC) ram formella is max supported by the board divided my the number of slots on the board

for instance 32 is max supported, have 4 slots on board so 4, 8 gigs sticks can be installed

Shirokami
Nov 3, 2012, 01:30 PM
if you Operating system is 64 bit, yes get at least 4 but i think cheap as DDR 3 sticks are now i'd get 2 sticks of crucial ballistics (4 gigs each) i think it is for 40 bucks off The Egg

Make sure you Motherboard can support a 4 gig chip per slot and that it is DDR3, (this depends on age of the PC) ram formella is max supported by the board divided my the number of slots on the board

for instance 32 is max supported, have 4 slots on board so 4, 8 gigs sticks can be installed

My motherboard is a H61M-HVS it's DDR3 and I believe it supports up to 1333Mhz
My OS is 64 bits W7.
So yeah, 4GB or 8GB? I've got the money to get 8GB btw.
Also, won't the temperature rise... a bit?

Sammickk
Nov 3, 2012, 01:53 PM
cool an asrock Board, i Like asrock, they make good solid boards for cheap, get the 8 definitly! for 39 bucks you cant go wrong! it will future proof you some too, and if you ever play Minecraft or Ramm dependant games this will help out allot too

na temp won't be affected, just remove what ever you have in there now and replace =) if you had 4 Mem lanes and started using all 4 instead of just 2 then yes Motherboard temp will rise, and as long as you aren't overclocking your ramm, no heat issues =)

Shirokami
Nov 3, 2012, 02:02 PM
cool an asrock Board, i Like asrock, they make good solid boards for cheap, get the 8 definitly! for 39 bucks you cant go wrong! it will future proof you some too, and if you ever play Minecraft or Ramm dependant games this will help out allot too

na temp won't be affected, just remove what ever you have in there now and replace =) if you had 4 Mem lanes and started using all 4 instead of just 2 then yes Motherboard temp will rise, and as long as you aren't overclocking your ramm, no heat issues =)

Thanks a bunch bro, now I just have to make a little trip to the city centre (Three hours by bus) >_>

Sammickk
Nov 3, 2012, 02:05 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104173 if you can find this model of kingston hyper X its Some Solid stuff and you Asrock likes this brand lol and its on your boards approved list, which means its guaranteed to Jive well, not to say that others not on the list won't work... these are just thier recommendations

whats wierd is your board says pc 1333 ram and yet this exact model is on its supoorted ramm list lol even though this is 1600

Ezodagrom
Nov 3, 2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104173 if you can find this model of kingston hyper X its Some Solid stuff and you Asrock likes this brand lol and its on your boards approved list, which means its guaranteed to Jive well, not to say that others not on the list won't work... these are just thier recommendations

whats wierd is your board says pc 1333 ram and yet this exact model is on its supoorted ramm list lol even though this is 1600
The 1333MHz limitation is because of the chipset, the H61 chipset is limited at 1333MHz. Even if it shows higher clocked memory in the support list (like the 1600MHz sticks you posted), that memory will still run at 1333MHz.

Sammickk
Nov 3, 2012, 02:16 PM
yea that what i figured

hmm overclock the board? lol

ya know after i posted that i better say.... dont overclock unless you understand the risks and do a little research first.... i don't wanna be reposible for someone frying thier boards.....

least he knows his ramm is safe up to 1600 though lol

Shirokami
Nov 3, 2012, 02:36 PM
I'll never overclock my little baby <3 worked hard to buy it :3

Ezodagrom
Nov 3, 2012, 03:53 PM
yea that what i figured

hmm overclock the board? lol

ya know after i posted that i better say.... dont overclock unless you understand the risks and do a little research first.... i don't wanna be reposible for someone frying thier boards.....

least he knows his ramm is safe up to 1600 though lol
The H61 chipset doesn't support memory overclocking, as I said, 1600MHz sticks will be clocked down to 1333MHz.