PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Premium???

o S E N S E I o
Nov 4, 2012, 05:06 PM
Ok so i just got the game about a week ago and ive noticed alot of the things that non paying players are unable to do that need AC or premium. I'm honestly not really 100% sure what either are and i was wondering if anyone could explain to me exactly what it is and if i should get it (real money is not a very big issue at the moment).

Username is o S E N S E I o by the way and I'm on ship 2 hit me up if you'd like :)

Skye-Fox713
Nov 4, 2012, 06:14 PM
Premium includes... (off the top of my head)

You earn more FUN points
My Shop
My Room
Trading
More Bank Storage Space

However the game is still quite playable without it as there is a chance for 3 day my room and my shop tickets from the FUN scratch. I believe that covers it all anyone is free to correct me if I have missed anything. If I recall premium is available in 30, 60 and 90 day increments. However if you do get AC I highly recomend the Inventory expansion, ie expanding the inventory on your character as they are perminant unlocks and having a 100 slot inventory vs. a 50 slot is very nice.

lagnarok
Nov 4, 2012, 06:21 PM
Premium includes... (off the top of my head)

You earn more FUN points
My Shop
My Room
Trading
More Bank Storage Space

However the game is still quite playable without it as there is a chance for 3 day my room and my shop tickets from the FUN scratch. I believe that covers it all anyone is free to correct me if I have missed anything. If I recall premium is available in 30, 60 and 90 day increments. However if you do get AC I highly recomend the Inventory expansion, ie expanding the inventory on your character as they are perminant unlocks and having a 100 slot inventory vs. a 50 slot is very nice.

Basically it. In the future, SEGA is planning to add more things for premium users in the future update though. Also, highly recommend getting mags and saving AC for adding skill trees. This is highly necessary if you plan on playing variety of classes.

May0
Nov 4, 2012, 06:52 PM
I'm a bit spoiled by world of tanks with their premium. What exactly do you do with fun points? The way PSO does drops you'd figure premium accounts would boost the drop rate chance for rare items...

On that note I thought I read that everyone gets their own loot tables for monster drops, is this true? I have a sticky fingers so whatever I see I pick up. Mesta increases or exp increase with premium would be nice too.

blace
Nov 4, 2012, 08:21 PM
Every drop on your screen is yours, no worrying about having to split the drops. As for EXP and meseta boosts, you can use the FUN scratch for a chance to get them or from events Sega puts up and redeem codes sent to you via email.

HIT0SHI
Nov 4, 2012, 08:39 PM
Hello there o S E N S E I o :D

o S E N S E I o
Nov 4, 2012, 11:07 PM
Sup Hitoshi, and i have no idea how to get new mags and i dont know anything about skill trees so would you mind elaborating on what they are and the advantages of getting AC would do for that?

the question is directed towards lagnarok but anyone feel free to chime in and shed some light on the subject because id like to know the best means of investing my money

MissMalice
Nov 4, 2012, 11:34 PM
Skill Tree: Its a FREE feature in which you get 1 Skill Point per level in your current class. Example: If you are a level 15 Force, you will have 15 Skill Points to put into the Force skill tree. Each skill tree has different skills to choose from, depending on what class you are. Skill tress are basically how you build your character. You can play around with skill points here (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html).

Now, what everyone is talking about is buying ADDITIONAL skill trees. Each class you have gets 1 for free automatically. But if you mess up your skill tree or something, you can pay REAL MONEY for a new tree. You still keep the original one. You just have two. You can have a MAXIMUM of 21 skill trees PER CLASS [your original free 1 + 20 additional ones]. Most people can get away with one skill tree, but mistakes happen. Skill trees cost 500AC each. AC is the REAL MONEY currency in-game.

You get new MAGs the same way you get new skill trees: through AC.

The Class Counter [where you learn skills] (http://bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-beta-starter-guide-for-phantasy-star-online-2/#classes)
Intro to MAGs (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-open-beta-intro-to-mags/)

Arika
Nov 5, 2012, 07:07 AM
lol, dunno if I should post this here or not, but according to Sakai blog.
http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11389192986.html

A lot of premium users displease about how little and useless addition that they are getting. (well it is common, I guess not many people care about having 20 SA slots). So I think that premium is bound to have another change in the future for the better. (may be those premium drink will stop the whining? )

List of what they request (from different person ideas, not all at once btw)
-some want rare drop boost campaign to be permanent and give 5x ticket every month.
-some want 10* trading room, in condition of same * rarity, same affix slot, and same element %. (I not get it.. why he want to force it as same element % only, that is hard!)
-some want premium member to get 20% of exp into sub-class they are using.
-some want little rare boost.
-some want 500 extra storage.

(anyway, just like here.. JP people are also very demanding, but I kind of agree that 1300/month need to get better than current)

On the different note: A lot of people has complained about 10* weapon should never drop as neutral element also.

o S E N S E I o
Nov 5, 2012, 04:04 PM
Skill Tree: Its a FREE feature in which you get 1 Skill Point per level in your current class. Example: If you are a level 15 Force, you will have 15 Skill Points to put into the Force skill tree. Each skill tree has different skills to choose from, depending on what class you are. Skill tress are basically how you build your character. You can play around with skill points here (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.html).

Now, what everyone is talking about is buying ADDITIONAL skill trees. Each class you have gets 1 for free automatically. But if you mess up your skill tree or something, you can pay REAL MONEY for a new tree. You still keep the original one. You just have two. You can have a MAXIMUM of 21 skill trees PER CLASS [your original free 1 + 20 additional ones]. Most people can get away with one skill tree, but mistakes happen. Skill trees cost 500AC each. AC is the REAL MONEY currency in-game.

You get new MAGs the same way you get new skill trees: through AC.

The Class Counter [where you learn skills] (http://bumped.org/psublog/pre-open-beta-starter-guide-for-phantasy-star-online-2/#classes)
Intro to MAGs (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-open-beta-intro-to-mags/)

Ok so lets say hypothetically i mess up on my skill tree and buy 3 more and fill them up would i get the bonuses of all 4 skill trees or would i only get the bonuses of one?

Z-0
Nov 5, 2012, 04:07 PM
Only one (the one you selected) counts. Applying more than one would be serious P2W, lol.

o S E N S E I o
Nov 5, 2012, 04:26 PM
ok well im currently a level 20 hunter with no current subclass and i was wondering what subclasses are (i have an idea but im not 100% sure) and what subclasses do i have to pick from

Stormwalker
Nov 5, 2012, 04:39 PM
There are six classes in the game: Hunter, Fighter, Force, Techer, Ranger, Gunner. Initially, only Hunter, Force, and Ranger are available; Fighter is unlocked by completing two client orders after reaching Hunter level 30, Techer and Gunner are unlocked in the same manner after reaching Force 30 and Ranger 30 respectively.

Subclass is an additional unlockable feature which allows you to specify one of the six classes as a secondary class. You gain 20% of the base stats of your subclass, as well as the bonus from that class' current active skill tree, and the ability to use PA's from that class' weapons (if you have an all-class-equippable weapon such as a Double Saber Legacy or a Space Tuna). If you choose Force or Techer as a subclass, you also gain the ability to cast techniques.

You do not gain the ability to equip that class' weapons, howerver, which is why you would need an all-class-equippable version.

So, for example, if I have Katarin set as 37 RA/41 HU, she has all the abilities of a 37 Ranger, plus 20% of the base statistics of a level 37 Hunter (since her main class is lower than her subclass, the subclass is limited), access to her Hunter skills (such as JA Bonus or Fury Stance), and the ability to use PA's for any all-class-equippable Swords, Wired Lances, and Partisans I might happen to equip.

In particular, this would make her tougher against striking damage and increase her damage with any striking attacks she might use, add HP, would provide a nice ranged damage boost via Fury Stance (at the cost of defense), and grant her damage bonuses for Just Attacking, as these are choices I've made in my skill tree.

o S E N S E I o
Nov 5, 2012, 05:30 PM
ok so say i pick fighter as my subclass and when i hit 30 i switch my main class to a fighter as at the same time do i get double the stats?

DemonMike
Nov 5, 2012, 05:58 PM

A lot of premium users displease about how little and useless addition that they are getting. (well it is common, I guess not many people care about having 20 SA slots). So I think that premium is bound to have another change in the future for the better. (may be those premium drink will stop the whining? )

-some want rare drop boost campaign to be permanent and give 5x ticket every month.
-some want 10* trading room, in condition of same * rarity, same affix slot, and same element %. (I not get it.. why he want to force it as same element % only, that is hard!)

(anyway, just like here.. JP people are also very demanding, but I kind of agree that 1300/month need to get better than current)

On the different note: A lot of people has complained about 10* weapon should never drop as neutral element also.

Holy shit, they are very demanding indeed!

I bought 180 days of premium on Day 1 so I'm premium until early January and plan on buying more again. Although I'm pretty happy as it is, I kind of understand the complaint.

The only one I fully agree with here is 500 extra storage. Storage is going to start becoming an issue over time, especially for those who use the My Shop feature. Oh, and the 10* trading thing. It's a ridiculous idea to limit the trading.

MissMalice
Nov 5, 2012, 06:32 PM
ok so say i pick fighter as my subclass and when i hit 30 i switch my main class to a fighter as at the same time do i get double the stats?

You only get 20% of the stats from the SUBCLASS to your MAIN class. Example:

Your Hunter is level 30 and your Fighter is level 15. You make Hunter your SUBCLASS and Fighter as your MAIN CLASS. So your stats will be your regular Fighter stats + 20% of your Hunter's stats.

Same goes for if Hunter was your MAIN CLASS and Fighter was your SUBCLASS.

Please take note that you can create any class/subclass combo you want. So you could be a Force with Gunner as the subclass, if you really wanted to. My main character is a Fighter main class and Gunner subclass.

gigawuts
Nov 5, 2012, 06:40 PM

Some of these seem excessive (same element %? lol), but others are bang on. 500 permanent storage slots is good, maybe not so many but extra storage seems like an obvious selling point for premium. 20% exp for subclass feels like it should be a game feature to me, but what do I know.

What I really want is to be able to turn 10*'s into excubes. That would be a good premium feature. Find a dupe 10*? Fret not, just turn it into a cube!

o S E N S E I o
Nov 5, 2012, 09:10 PM
so if i pick a gunner sub class i can witch to make my gunner a main class and my hunter a sub class then use all the weapons gunners can use but only use all class type weapons for hunters?

gigawuts
Nov 5, 2012, 09:19 PM
That's right.

o S E N S E I o
Nov 5, 2012, 09:28 PM
i see and i can only choose one subclass so once i pick one i gotta stick with it no matter what?

May0
Nov 5, 2012, 09:28 PM
Every drop on your screen is yours, no worrying about having to split the drops. As for EXP and meseta boosts, you can use the FUN scratch for a chance to get them or from events Sega puts up and redeem codes sent to you via email.

No rare item drop chance increase? One of the things I didn't like about PSO is that you're never really guaranteed to get the best item from fighting a boss. Granted a lot of bosses are push overs so in that respect its probably for the best that it not be the case. Still I'd be nice to be able to reliably find something cool for beating a boss. I haven't looked into PSO2 yet but I assume it does follows the same pattern for drops.

gigawuts
Nov 5, 2012, 09:33 PM
i see and i can only choose one subclass so once i pick one i gotta stick with it no matter what?

No, just one at a time. You can change your main and subclasses as many times as you like so long as you're not in an active quest.

o S E N S E I o
Nov 5, 2012, 10:14 PM
No, just one at a time. You can change your main and subclasses as many times as you like so long as you're not in an active quest.

no i mean if i pick gunner as a subclass can i switch to another subclass or am i stuck with that subclass

o S E N S E I o
Nov 5, 2012, 10:15 PM
wait nvm i misread it sorry

blace
Nov 5, 2012, 10:19 PM
Just remember to pick an all class weapon for that subclass if you want to use its PA's/techs.

And hello again.

o S E N S E I o
Nov 5, 2012, 10:25 PM
Just remember to pick an all class weapon for that subclass if you want to use its PA's/techs.

And hello again.

anyone know of any good gunner weapons/PA's for all class types?

and sorry i got disconnected from pso2

o S E N S E I o
Nov 6, 2012, 12:30 AM
hey i noticed that purchasing web money through SutoCorp is a way to get AC does anyone know if this is a safe/legit site?

o S E N S E I o
Nov 6, 2012, 08:28 PM
bump.

eharima
Nov 6, 2012, 09:08 PM
Hey, I realise you need a baby sitter to hold your hand all the time ,
But there is this great thread called QUICK QUESTIONS, QUICK ANSWERS
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866

There is also a SEARCH FUNCTION that answers all your beginner questions that have been asked a million times already,
Rather than making numerous threads and bumping every 5 hr.

o S E N S E I o
Nov 7, 2012, 04:30 PM

There is also a SEARCH FUNCTION that answers all your beginner questions that have been asked a million times already,

i made 3 threads in the span of about two weeks and i bumped one time each on two of them so if im sorry that everyone can't be a professional gamer or spend prolonged periods of time through browsing i have a set schedule and i dont intend on spending 30min searching for it when i have other things to do, one of the main reasons for the forums even existing are to relay information and help people with "beginner questions" so if you dont feel like assisting then dont waste your time posting on the thread.

GreenArcher
Nov 8, 2012, 12:03 PM
The main reason for the forums existing are for discussion, not to cater to people who lack common sense or can't be bothered to do anything themselves when information is widely available. Use the quick questions, quick answers thread here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866

Or use the search function.

Or look here http://www.bumped.org/psublog

o S E N S E I o
Nov 8, 2012, 05:06 PM
The main reason for the forums existing are for discussion, not to cater to people who lack common sense or can't be bothered to do anything themselves when information is widely available. Use the quick questions, quick answers thread here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195866

Or use the search function.

Or look here http://www.bumped.org/psublog

Like i said i asked 3 questions in the past 2 weeks 1 was opinion based and the other two were general beginner help questions so i hardly call that "catering" and what's obvious to you may not be obvious to others, also as to your discussion comment you cant have one without a question being asked so if you feel people "without common sense" are not worth the time of helping then don't waste your time posting on the thread because in that time you wasted making that post you could've made a comment related to the topic instead of wasting your time (and mine) with an arbitrary and conservative point of view.

moral of the story is if you don't like the thread then don't reply to it because there's a reason i've only bumped it once.

SupraMedical68
Dec 29, 2012, 09:39 PM

Not sure why I'm bumping a zombie thread, but it aggravates the **** out of me when people pretend to be the "local search police" on the internet.

Heaven forbid someone actually does use the search function on goggle, only to find watered down threads with super lame comments that don't help the OP at all with his actual question.

The reason why someone like myself maintains a low post count is because I actually use a search to find a thread, but if I'm going read this kind of crap then it's pointless to bother with Google...

Anyway, thanks to people who actually helped the OP with his question so now I don't have to start a new thread.

:nono:

Seravi Edalborez
Dec 29, 2012, 10:18 PM
"Search police" is one thing but half of the first page of this subforum is filled with topics that could have been tossed into the quick questions thread.

Just saying.

SupraMedical68
Dec 30, 2012, 01:31 AM
"Search police" is one thing but half of the first page of this subforum is filled with topics that could have been tossed into the quick questions thread.

Just saying.

That's how most forums are. If the thread is already established though you might as well actually respond with a productive answer or just ignore the thread entirely. Otherwise you're screwing off on people actually do use the search button. That's the **** that sets me off.

I haven't been on SupraMania or SupraForums in months because it's a seasonal hobby, but I can already probably tell you what the majority of the threads are about, and most of them are old topics that could've been searched.