PDA

View Full Version : Question about transferring souls

TDoun LMekko
Nov 4, 2012, 05:26 PM
So, according to the guide in the Guide's forum you can't transfer souls to weapons that don't already have them... but I see on the MyShop an Oboro with Quartz Soul on it, and as far as I can tell that only drops from Sil Sadinians, not Quartz Dragon... so I have to wonder, is it actually possible to move souls on to other things somehow?

Amaranthus
Nov 4, 2012, 05:30 PM
You just need 2 fodders with the soul in it.

Basically you need 2 items with the same soul to make the soul available for transfer.. So if you have the soul you want on your equipment to be grinded already, you just need one fodder with the same soul in order to roll for it again. ^ ^,

Griffin
Nov 4, 2012, 05:37 PM
There's another thing I wanted to clarify on. If you try to add an attribute to a weapon, what determines which attribute that's already on that weapon will be replaced?

TDoun LMekko
Nov 4, 2012, 05:46 PM
You just need 2 fodders with the soul in it.

Basically you need 2 items with the same soul to make the soul available for transfer.. So if you have the soul you want on your equipment to be grinded already, you just need one fodder with the same soul in order to roll for it again. ^ ^,

So you can actually transfer souls on to things that didn't have them? Cool. I'll admit I haven't touched the transfer system much despite hitting 42 >_> Figured I should prolly start trying to actually hurt things more :P

Amaranthus
Nov 4, 2012, 05:50 PM
@Grif: That depends on Dodo really.. You could lose all the attributes/affixes you had by trying to add more for all he cares. Basically, you roll every time you want to add/replace something. Risky business.

@TDoun: Yup. G'luck!

Griffin
Nov 4, 2012, 05:55 PM
So it would be best to add attributes to a weapon that doesn't already have valuable attributes to reduce risk?

Skye-Fox713
Nov 4, 2012, 06:19 PM
So you can actually transfer souls on to things that didn't have them? Cool. I'll admit I haven't touched the transfer system much despite hitting 42 >_> Figured I should prolly start trying to actually hurt things more :P

yup, some of the Souls have really nice bonuses. As it has been said you need 2 fodder weapons with the same soul to transfer it onto a weapon that dose not have the soul you want to transfer. Now if you want to add more abilities to your weapon for example...

A rifle with Fang soul and you want to add burn 1 to it and keep the fang soul. You will need 1 fodder weapon with Fang soul and a second fodder weapon with burn 1 on it in order to posibly keep the Soul on the weapon (if it doesn't fail.)

GreenArcher
Nov 4, 2012, 09:21 PM
Though for increased success you'll want all three items in the combination to have the soul.