PDA

View Full Version : Barely getting any stats from subclass?

tigim101
Nov 4, 2012, 10:41 PM
Hello, I am a level 32 hunter, and I just unlocked fighter. I am aware that you get 20% of your subclasses stats, so here im thinking Im going to get a decent boost from my hunter while i level fighter, but Im only getting about 13 satk and 9 sdef more having a lvl 32 hunter as subclass versus having a lvl 1 ranger as subclass. This doesnt make any sense to me.

When im completely naked, no mag or anything, with lvl 32 hunter main class and lvl 1 ranger subclass, I have 371 satk. That means I should be getting atleast 70 satk from my hunter as subclass as a lvl 1 fighter. But instead I go from 163 to 179 satk versus equipping lvl 32 hunter or lvl 1 ranger as subclass. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Z-0
Nov 4, 2012, 10:44 PM
Scales to your main's class. You are getting level 1 Hunter stats.

Drifting Fable
Nov 4, 2012, 10:47 PM
Stat bonus will increase as you level up. You start to notice it a lot more when you hit double digit levels.

Sega just doesn't want you roflstomping everything in sight at low levels xD

tigim101
Nov 4, 2012, 10:56 PM
Oh ok, whew I thought something was wrong lol, thanks guys :-D

Edit: Ok so it's 20% of what exactly? Id have to be a level 32 fighter and lvl 32 hunter to get exactly 20% of my subclasses stats?

freyt
Nov 4, 2012, 11:00 PM
It's 20% of whatever level that subclass is capped on.

So if you're 30/25, then you only get 20% of that level 25 subclass.

If you're 5/50, then you only get 20% of a level 5 subclass of whatever stats that class has at level 5.

Passive skills count completely but don't show up in the class change screen, from what I'm told. So you could have a free +100 S-Atk from S-Atk 1 and 2.

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2012, 11:18 PM
Huh? Did this change? I got a huge boost from lv40 subclasses, no matter my main's level when I unlocked sub classes.

TehblackUchiha
Nov 5, 2012, 12:51 AM
Huh? Did this change? I got a huge boost from lv40 subclasses, no matter my main's level when I unlocked sub classes.

could be your skill tree. An example would be if you had 5/40 on Fi/Hu and you had
s-atk 1 and 2 maxed out on your skill tree. Both of those skills add 50 s-atk when maxed so thats +100 s-atk at lvl 5 regardless of your hu's actual stats.

Zorafim
Nov 5, 2012, 11:05 AM
Nah. I've got none of those on my hunter, but it still gave a much bigger stat boost than fighter. I've gotta check this out when I get the chance.

Link1275
Nov 5, 2012, 12:40 PM
Stat bonus will increase as you level up. You start to notice it a lot more when you hit double digit levels.

Please sub level 40 force on a low level techer.

PokeminMaster
Nov 5, 2012, 04:47 PM

Are you sure about that? I was able to roflstomp Dark Ragne on Free Forest as a level 6 Techer... But oh well, I guess Techer just has high power? (I'm subbing 44 Force)
I see the above comment beat me to this point now... lol

Z-0
Nov 5, 2012, 05:08 PM
You still get all of the tree's benefits (which are far more important than the stat boosts), just not as many stat boosts.

r00tabaga
Nov 5, 2013, 09:50 AM
Can somebody break down for me the subclass system? I'm still new to PSO2 and very confused. I'm almost on lvl-20 with both of my characters and I want one to sub-Force.
1) is the level capped at 1 for sub?
2) will subclass block me from Fi, Gu or Te??
3) will sub give more weapon choices for main???
Thx for any clarification.

HIT0SHI
Nov 5, 2013, 10:02 AM
Can somebody break down for me the subclass system? I'm still new to PSO2 and very confused. I'm almost on lvl-20 with both of my characters and I want one to sub-Force.

1) Only 20% of all your stats of said sub-class will be capped versus your main class's level.

2) Weapons that aren't all-class will be blocked if it corresponds to your sub-class however, the Skilltree isn't blocked.

3) You'll be able to use all-class weapons only for the subclass. (Ex: Boxing Gloves for FI)

Sp-24
Nov 5, 2013, 10:04 AM
No. It's capped at whichever of your two classes' levels is lower. So, if your main class is 30, and sub is 20, your sub acts as if it's level 20. If your main is 20, and sub 30, your subclass will have the stats as if it was level 20. You still have full access to your subclass' skill tree, though, so subbing a level 65 Hunter with a full Fury Stance build is a great help.

How so? Those three are not "advanced classes" or something. If anything, it's the opposite, and they're a step back from their base version (except for Gunner after the addition of S-Roll skills). Point is, you can main and sub any of the seven classes, just not main and sub the same class (like Gu/Gu).

Nope! You can only use the weapons that your main class can and all-class versions. However, if you do manage to equip a weapon type that your main class normally can't use, but your sub can, you will have access to all the PAs for that weapon. Similarly, subbing a Force or Techter lets you cast techniques.

Kietsu
Nov 5, 2013, 10:07 AM

1) Your subclass will be the same level it would be if it were your main class. The only time your subclass would be level 1 is if you've never played it as your main class. Additionally, the class you're using as a subclass will also gain EXP when your main class does, but only 10% of the normal gain, and it only does this up until it reaches level 45.

2) Subclassing will not prevent you from unlocking the advanced classes.

3) Subclassing does not give you access to any new weapon types. It allows you to use the appropriate PAs if you're using a multi-class weapon (ie, a Hunter cannot use PAs with an all-class twin dagger unless they subclass Fighter) and in the case of Force and Techer, it allows you to use Techniques.

Edit: And in case it wasn't obvious, you can change which class is set to your subclass at any time, just like your main class.

2x Edit Combo:

just not main and sub the same class (like Gu/Gu).
Let's be honest, if we could play Hu/Hu in the game's current state, nobody would be playing anything else.

r00tabaga
Nov 5, 2013, 10:14 AM
thx! So an "all class" sword can be used by a force if it is a hunter-sub...right?
And if I am a Hu-20 and Fo-1, my main will be Hu until Fo level is higher than Hu? And what if I'm Hu-30/Fo-10 and I wanna try Braver? Do I lose all my sub levels I got to???

Emp
Nov 5, 2013, 10:30 AM

Play as low lvl GU/HU and get SROLL bonuses early. You'll be destroying everything wth ease.

r00tabaga
Nov 5, 2013, 10:46 AM
So when I'm lvl-20 Hu, I just go to job counter and change my class to Fo right? What happens to my Fo subclass level if I change sub to Fi lets say. Will it save if I wanna return to it later?

Sp-24
Nov 5, 2013, 10:49 AM
Yeah, it'll stay. It will just act as if it's lower level than normal while it's subbed to a low-level class.

r00tabaga
Nov 5, 2013, 10:55 AM
Thx so much guys, I appreciate it!

So your Main class is simply your highest level class and your subclass is your 2nd highest.

Sp-24
Nov 5, 2013, 11:03 AM
No, your main class is the one that you designated as "main", and sub is the one you picked as "sub". You can sub a lv.60 Force to a level 1 Techter. You will be a Te/Fo, force's level will stay as 60, but your class combination will act as if both of your classes were at level 1.

r00tabaga
Nov 5, 2013, 11:07 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Finally understand. That's why there's so many weapons with a req S-ATK of 1

WildarmsRE5
Nov 5, 2013, 09:34 PM
also, I don't think Hu/Fo or Hu/Te is a good choice of a subclass, If you're planning to use swords too, you'll be limiting your Fury Skill tree, which is the main source of damage of Hu. (unless you dropped step tree) Force sub doesn't have anything to offer to your damage, the only up side is healing capabilities. PP convert from Te will provide unlimited PP. (I've never seen a Te/Hu before though, not even Hu/Te.)

EDIT: Hu without step attack can be compared to a person with a disability.

Zorafim
Nov 5, 2013, 09:45 PM
Wow. I got to see posts I made exactly a year ago. This thread is like a time machine.

landman
Nov 6, 2013, 02:11 AM
So when I'm lvl-20 Hu, I just go to job counter and change my class to Fo right? What happens to my Fo subclass level if I change sub to Fi lets say. Will it save if I wanna return to it later?

You sub at lvl 30, unless it changed and I didn't notice it.

Ezodagrom
Nov 6, 2013, 02:31 AM
You sub at lvl 30, unless it changed and I didn't notice it.
The subclass client order is unlocked at lvl 20.
At lvl 30 it's the FI/GU/TE client orders that are unlocked (depending on the main class).

r00tabaga
Nov 6, 2013, 11:36 AM
I've used my character Nobal since the days of Dreamcast and want to make him as close to my old HUmar as possible. Hu/Fo is perfect.
I have 3 other characters to really take adv of stats, trees & wutnot.

Ezodagrom
Nov 6, 2013, 11:48 AM
I've used my character Nobal since the days of Dreamcast and want to make him as close to my old HUmar as possible. Hu/Fo is perfect.
I have 3 other characters to really take adv of stats, trees & wutnot.
If you want to use the tech subclass for support (like for resta and shifta), Techer is a better option than Force, Techer has skill tree skills that boost support techs and also has base stats that better complement Hunter's stats (higher S-ATK and S-DEF than Force).
Though to get the client orders that unlock Techer you first have to reach Force lvl 30...

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2013, 12:00 PM
Or braver 30, which would be preferable for a melee-centric character I think.

r00tabaga
Nov 6, 2013, 12:11 PM
If you want to use the tech subclass for support (like for resta and shifta), Techer is a better option than Force, Techer has skill tree skills that boost support techs and also has base stats that better complement Hunter's stats (higher S-ATK and S-DEF than Force).
Though to get the client orders that unlock Techer you first have to reach Force lvl 30...

Techer requires me to reach level 30 w/either Force or Braver tho...no can do.....I'm all about support but I just want to Foie some shit up too!

WildarmsRE5
Nov 7, 2013, 01:36 AM
Techer requires me to reach level 30 w/either Force or Braver tho...no can do.....I'm all about support but I just want to Namegid some shit up too!Fixed. ^^

The Walrus
Nov 7, 2013, 01:44 AM
You don't even need Techer to spam Namegid :/

Zyrusticae
Nov 7, 2013, 02:05 AM
True, but I wouldn't say no to Dark Mastery bonuses...

WildarmsRE5
Nov 8, 2013, 05:58 AM
You don't even need Techer to spam Namegid :/you must have not learned about dark tech bonuses and (almost) unlimited PP for 30 secs :-o

The Walrus
Nov 8, 2013, 11:19 AM
No I know. I subbed Techer on my Force for a long, long, really long time.

WildarmsRE5
Nov 9, 2013, 12:56 AM
don't namegid costs 60 PP?, how do we spam it without Techer's PP convert? Just saying.

The Walrus
Nov 9, 2013, 01:01 AM
Last I checked the one PB still refills your PP even while charging with that one FO skill so...

Either way I don't spam Namegid 99% of the time. Don't really need to do when things die in a split second and bosses rarely take more than 20-30.