PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running this game with onboard video?

Angelo
Nov 5, 2012, 09:01 AM
Is this even possible on the lowest settings?

My girlfriend wants to get into the game but her computer is sort of... lackluster.

Shirokami
Nov 5, 2012, 09:04 AM

My girlfriend wants to get into the game but her computer is sort of... lackluster.

What are her specs and what is her onboard?

Resanoca
Nov 5, 2012, 09:04 AM
I use my on-board. D:

Then again, my PC runs with an i5 and 8GB of RAM, so... But that said, I can also run high shader if need be without the PC exploding or anything. Helpfully that helps. D:

NoiseHERO
Nov 5, 2012, 09:08 AM
onboard? like integrated graphics?

I can force the game to play at highest settings/1080... but, same situation as Resanoca.

A LOT of things should be able to run lowest settings though.

Ezodagrom
Nov 5, 2012, 10:28 AM

There's alot of different integrated graphics, so we can't know if it'll run or not without knowing which integrated graphics she has.

Nowadays the best integrated graphics are usually from the AMD A series APUs, and then there's the Intel HD4000, HD3000, HD2500 and HD2000 from the Core i 2000 and 3000 series processors. I think any of these are capable of running PSO2 at low settings, with some of the AMD A series graphics being even capable of medium settings.

After these come the original Intel HD graphics from the 1st generation of the Core i series processors, the integrated graphics from AMD's netbook processors (E series) and the onboard graphics from AMD and Nvidia (Radeon HD4200, Geforce 9300, Nvidia Ion).
These are possibly capable of running the game at the lowest settings (not completely sure though).

Then there's the onboard Intel GMA graphics, these were really bad and most likely can't run PSO2 at all.

electrolytes
Nov 5, 2012, 12:02 PM
I was using a laptop with Radeon HD4250 graphics for the past few months and the game was sort of playable at minimum settings@1024x576: maybe around 20-30 fps 90% of the time, except with those stupid sandstorms, and in the lobby with lots of people. High shaders crashed the game.