PDA

View Full Version : Set date for PSO2 in north america?

drummer829
Nov 5, 2012, 12:06 PM
Ive heard/read early 2013, spring of 2013, january, february. it doesnt seem like there is a set date, but does anybody know of at least the month? youd think they would give a set date if the claims are "early 2013"

Ogni-XR21
Nov 5, 2012, 12:11 PM
No date yet.

gigawuts
Nov 5, 2012, 12:12 PM
No, you'd really think the exact opposite. The last thing they'd want to do is lock themselves into a set date if they're saying "early 2013." Knowing sega, that means the exact first day that qualifies as "mid 2013."

edit: Wait, did I say knowing sega that means mid 2013? I meant mid 2014.

drummer829
Nov 5, 2012, 12:23 PM
good ol sega. Id guess they wont announce the date until 3-4 months before it comes out

Tomeeboy
Nov 5, 2012, 12:26 PM
All they've said so far was "early 2013", as seen in the press release. Anything else at this point is just speculation.

http://www.pso-world.com/news/02455-sega-officially-announces-western-release-pso2-2013

Keep an eye on the front page, though, because we are likely to find out a more specific date as soon as SEGA of America knows. My guess is that we'll hear news of a PSO2 beta first.

drummer829
Nov 5, 2012, 12:34 PM
did the JP version allow players to use their beta characters in the finalized game?

Link1275
Nov 5, 2012, 12:45 PM
did the JP version allow players to use their beta characters in the finalized game?
It did from the last open beta, as it went from beta to release version.

drummer829
Nov 5, 2012, 04:22 PM
It did from the last open beta, as it went from beta to release version.

with the JP version out, i wouldnt think there would be too many bugs. id think just some possible server issues which almost all new games have

[Ayumi]
Nov 5, 2012, 05:12 PM
One reason I think it would be like PSU with all the same bugs jpn got from each update is I think it will be from the main core of PSO2 without updates or anything.

They need to work on the content for local areas. Of course not all will be english, so a lot of translations will need to be done. Next will be to set up everything to work in their individual places, the testing, and such.
Then of course I'm sure they won't keep the japanese VAs and would need to 1st set up, audition, hire new people.

They said "Early 2013" This stuff you don't do at the snap of your fingers. And if that's the case each update/content will get the same treatement meaning it will get the bugs and the same fixes just like jpn get.

Just trying to be realistic here.

Finalzone
Nov 6, 2012, 02:48 PM
Consider PSO2 as an eternal beta. International release will contain all fixed bugs from Japanese version. Servers need more testing to handle stress, contents need translation (following Open Source model with a plethora of teams doing the task). At one point to broad more audience, SEGA will have to adopt a crossplatform library in a future.

Redboigoi
Feb 8, 2013, 08:25 PM
man we need to get a beta rollin' out or something. i downloaded the jp version. it just confused me. darn foreign languages.

Stop being a crybaby.. I know 0% of the language and understand the game completely. All instead if story mode if course. Download English patch wahhh.

The Walrus
Feb 8, 2013, 08:31 PM
Please don't bump 3 month old topics...

Vintasticvin
Feb 8, 2013, 08:41 PM
Please don't bump 3 month old topics...

Why not =\

The Walrus
Feb 8, 2013, 08:48 PM
...really?

gigawuts
Feb 8, 2013, 08:53 PM
Why not =\

because rools

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forumrules

BIG OLAF
Feb 8, 2013, 09:09 PM
because rools

Hey watch out, you may get flamed for being a filthy MOD WANNABE.

gigawuts
Feb 8, 2013, 09:13 PM

but...it's a rule on like every single forum ever :[

Vintasticvin
Feb 8, 2013, 09:30 PM
because rools

but...it's a rule on like every single forum ever :[Ahh okay Giga thanks a bunch and I'll go over the rulrs again asap. With all these new people signing up here some don't .bother reading the rules and may need someone get after and correct them.

Well least he is nice enough to point out things instead of being a trolly douche (Not sayin yer being a trolly douche by the way.)