PDA

View Full Version : GC Internet to PSO

Fellez
Nov 6, 2012, 06:55 AM
I plan to buy a modem adapter to my GC do you think is it worth it. I know that only privat servers are up and are there one to play with. And do you a need licens to play on privat severs, if you need it how much does a hunter licens cost?

(Sry for my English cuz I'm from Sweden)

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 08:31 AM
Depends how much you have to pay for it. I lucked out, a local Gamestop had one traded in the night before I did a search online (one of many searches, of course) and I got it for 99 cents.

I also got one of the very hard to get gamecube composite cables for $4.99 this way. The people who work at these stores don't really care, but it's better if you don't mention how valuable these things are in passing conversation.

Kroniedon
Nov 6, 2012, 08:46 AM
I plan to buy a modem adapter to my GC do you think is it worth it. I know that only privat servers are up and are there one to play with. And do you a need licens to play on privat severs, if you need it how much does a hunter licens cost?

(Sry for my English cuz I'm from Sweden)

I would only advise buying a modem adapter if you have Dial Up internet as opposed Broadband or DSL. If you have Broadband, DSL etc, then you'd want a Broadband Adapter instead. It's kinda hard to tell you whether it's worth it or not though as it all comes down to personal preference and what you prefer. If it's game play you care about, decide if you prefer console gaming vs. pc gaming. If it's the community you care about, get to know the various PSO communities online and decide which one you'd feel best about joining. In my opinion, I say get the adapter and join the PSO:GC online community :), but then again I'm a GC player myself so I'm biased :-P .

As for registration and what not, you should ask around on the server you wish to join as details like that. Stuff like that isn't supposed to be discussed here. What I can tell you is that no server community will tell you that you have to pay to join.

Fellez
Nov 6, 2012, 10:54 AM
Ok I'm going to try to get one cuz I LOVE PSO and thank you for for helping me, it meant a lot.
By the way I'm also a GC gamer!

Edit* Still hoe much does a Hunter licens cost or are they free?

Kroniedon
Nov 6, 2012, 12:52 PM
Ok I'm going to try to get one cuz I LOVE PSO and thank you for for helping me, it meant a lot.
By the way I'm also a GC gamer!

Edit* Still hoe much does a Hunter licens cost or are they free?

There are no hunter licenses anymore as the official SEGA servers have been shut down for a while, so I guess to best answer to the question is that yes, they are. :)

Fellez
Nov 6, 2012, 12:59 PM
There are no hunter licenses anymore as the official SEGA servers have been shut down for a while, so I guess to best answer to the question is that yes, they are. :)

Then I NEED one, now i need to find one, do you know if you play in Europe can you play with gamers from America

Link1275
Nov 6, 2012, 01:19 PM
Then I NEED one, now i need to find one, do you know if you play in Europe can you play with gamers from America
Just give the server's admin your serial key and whatever the other number is and they will give you something to log onto their server.

gigawuts
Nov 6, 2012, 03:05 PM
Many servers don't require a serial key at all. After selling my GC version because BB had come out, and after BB was shut down, I bought a used PSO+ off amazon without a key or hunter's license at all. Most private servers let you make up a license or play without one at all, albeit without a consistent guild card since that's how it identifies you as the owner of your guild card. If you just make one up it's like you had a legit one.

Kroniedon
Nov 6, 2012, 03:07 PM
Actually Link1275 is semi right, but it more pertains to BB. GC is a wee bit different as the administration won't give you anything to log in with (though some servers do require some form of registration) Check the various PSO:GC private server webpages and/or forums and they should have a connection guide (in most cases under the technical help category) and it'll tell you everything you need to know in order to connect to that particular server. If you plan on playing on multiple GC servers, be sure to check each different server's connection guide, as some servers may require different steps for connection.

Edit: xD Gigawuts beat me to it

Fellez
Nov 6, 2012, 04:01 PM
The hunt begins for the adapter (Broadband Adapter) do you know if I can buy one from America or Japan and use it for my Europen GC?

Kroniedon
Nov 6, 2012, 08:40 PM
The hunt begins for the adapter (Broadband Adapter) do you know if I can buy one from America or Japan and use it for my Europen GC?

All broadband adapters (bba's) will work on all gamecubes, as they're not region locked. You can get one from anywhere and it will work :)

Fellez
Nov 7, 2012, 02:47 AM
AWESOME! :D

Fellez
Nov 20, 2012, 11:46 AM
Now I got a Boardbands adapter and it's works! :D Now I need to find a server to play on...

Norco
Nov 21, 2012, 11:54 AM
If you are looking for someone to play with I will be more then happy to play. I am from Sweden as well, so if you feel that english is a bit troublesome you can just speak swedish with me.

I do not have a keyboardcontroller so I will type rather slow. Though if you by a long shot happen to live in the same town as me (Umeå) we could meet up and play normal multiplayer xD