PDA

View Full Version : You win this round Daylight Savings Time!

pikachief
Nov 6, 2012, 09:02 PM
I decided to get on for a little bit since I haven't played in about a month or so. Maybe longer.

6pm Pacific rolls around and PLOP.

haha anyone else caught off guard?

dablacksephiroth
Nov 6, 2012, 09:03 PM
Ditto. Quickly reminded we're the main dumbasses that do Daylight savings. Expected 1 more hour of play. Nope!

Lostbob117
Nov 6, 2012, 09:03 PM
Nope, I'm glad about this though how I can update the game earlier.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 6, 2012, 09:24 PM
gaaah so thats it? Japan doesnt have daylight savings crap. >_<

PepperCat
Nov 6, 2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah I was caught a little off guard today as well...

Btw, when can we start patching?

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 6, 2012, 09:37 PM
Yeah I was caught a little off guard today as well...

Btw, when can we start patching?

Now, open up and give it a try.

Or at the very least I'm patching. So you should be able to as well.

Lostbob117
Yes the patch is up atm.

blace
Patches can be downloaded anytime during the maintenance.

Mike
Nov 6, 2012, 09:40 PM
This one is another big one. One and a half gigs if I remember correctly.

Lostbob117
Nov 6, 2012, 09:41 PM
Patches can be downloaded anytime during the maintenance.

This is actually wrong, you have to atleast wait like 30minutes for it to come up.

PepperCat
Nov 6, 2012, 10:04 PM
Now, open up and give it a try.

Or at the very least I'm patching. So you should be able to as well.

Awesomesauce.

blace
Nov 6, 2012, 10:23 PM
This is actually wrong, you have to atleast wait like 30minutes for it to come up.

I was close enough, I just knew it wasn't too long after the servers went down.

lunarsoul
Nov 6, 2012, 10:32 PM
I honestly forgot it was update day.. doh! Now I dont have any other plans for the night.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 6, 2012, 10:38 PM
lol, so much for grinding that last 100K exp for 45+^_^+

pikachief
Nov 6, 2012, 10:39 PM
Ditto. Quickly reminded we're the main dumbasses that do Daylight savings. Expected 1 more hour of play. Nope!

Other countries have it too. Just on different days. I was really confused when my gf in germany had daylightsavings like 4 days before we did.

lunarsoul
Nov 6, 2012, 10:47 PM
I wonder if any of the players who are level 46+ gets exp back? Though I doubt it, I hope to find my characters a couple of levels higher tomorrow :)

Chik'Tikka
Nov 6, 2012, 10:59 PM
I wonder if any of the players who are level 46+ gets exp back? Though I doubt it, I hope to find my characters a couple of levels higher tomorrow :)

so as far as i know, all levels past 41 are being adjusted, so go in, kill a mob, and like last time you'll pop a bunch of exp+^_^+ also, 1.6 GB patch is up+^_^+
and..
Falz Hunar Boss! (In a story quest.)
New Mag Evolution Device
Female variation of Male Outfits
Arks Ceremonial Lobby (until 12/5)
Arks Trainee Costumes
Arks Flag Ceremony Scratch

[SPOILER-BOX]http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Arks-Outfits.jpg
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Original-Outfit.jpg
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Cast-Parts.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

hope i have enough meseta!!

WBMike
Nov 6, 2012, 11:13 PM
Falz Hunar Boss! (In a story quest.)
New Mag Evolution Device
Female variation of Male Outfits
Arks Ceremonial Lobby (until 12/5)
Arks Trainee Costumes
Arks Flag Ceremony Scratch

hope i have enough meseta!!
△△△△△
Those are for the late November update hence it being Part 2 of Destroyer of History.

For today's update it's just the Ruins Area, Zeshreida (Zeshrayda in English Patch), Wolgahda, Excube, Photon Drop Shop.

Arika
Nov 6, 2012, 11:14 PM
What is good part about daylight saving? why some country prefer to have it?

blace
Nov 6, 2012, 11:24 PM
To clarify daylight savings has ended, it lasts approximately half a year and is a way to conserve energy by turning the time an hour forward to make most of the day. After the end of daylight savings we turn our clocks back an hour to adjust to the amount of sun we get during late fall early winter months to spring.

Ezodagrom
Nov 6, 2012, 11:27 PM
It has something to do with having more day light in the evening during the summer. During the summer, daylight saving time was active, but in the last 2 weeks or so the US and alot of European countries have returned to the standard time.

Zorafim
Nov 6, 2012, 11:34 PM
It's a conspiracy to reduce productivity for several weeks of every person who is forced to follow it by destroying his sleep schedule.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 7, 2012, 01:00 AM
^ this, now ima go thru another winter without seeing the sun+^_^+

Angelo
Nov 7, 2012, 01:32 AM
Are the servers back yet?

I am totally wasted and sick of all this election bull snot!

FineWine
Nov 7, 2012, 01:44 AM
Are the servers back yet?

I am totally wasted and sick of all this election bull snot!

Same here. Also really excited to encounter this Falz Hunar boss. >:3

ShilohSham
Nov 7, 2012, 01:48 AM
Same here. Also really excited to encounter this Falz Hunar boss. >:3

hope your matterboard is up to date then he a story boss

FineWine
Nov 7, 2012, 01:53 AM
hope your matterboard is up to date then he a story boss

Yea I saw that on bumped. I am a little bit behind on my matter board atm but I'm willing to go the extra mile for that quest. I appreciate the heads up though. ;D

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 7, 2012, 02:31 AM

It's an old concept... In winter the days get shorter and there's less sunlight so you move the time forward so that you don't have to wake up in the pitch black to get ready for work, and the reverse to take advantage of summer days with more sunlight. I mean, don't they have seasons where you live Arika?

Of course Japan works 24/7 and they are so technologically advanced that they don't need to change their clock to accomodate the seasons.

Spellbinder
Nov 7, 2012, 02:37 AM
Of course Japan works 24/7 and they are so technologically advanced that they don't need to change their clock to accomodate the seasons.

I never thought of it as being technologically advanced, but rather having a boss that's a slave driver and not caring what time it is. orz

*goes back to translating*

Chik'Tikka
Nov 7, 2012, 02:42 AM
I never thought of it as being technologically advanced, but rather having a boss that's a slave driver and not caring what time it is. orz

lol, i always thought US bosses were slave drivers with strict schedules and write-ups, European bosses treat ya like family (don't wanna get on Pa's bad side today!!), and Japanese bosses pull guilt trips until your either too ashamed to work or you just work harder to shed that shameful guilt+^_^+

*This has been a Chik'Tikka™ +^_^+® Stereotypical analysis!*

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 7, 2012, 02:44 AM
I find it impossible to be caught off guard nowadays
Everything I seem to have automatically adjusts its time

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 7, 2012, 02:53 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_biz

Yep! they're SO technologically advanced that they're not even allowed to use the aircon during summer. Their bodies have mutated to adapt to the seasons, they won't even be needing that geiger counter in their smartphones because they're immune to radiation!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57444283-94/softbanks-geiger-counter-smartphone-start-of-a-global-trend/

I asked the guy at Vodafone when New Zealand was gonna get a geiger counter equipped phone and he just looked at me like I was mad! MAD I TELL YOU!

Spellbinder
Nov 7, 2012, 03:00 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_biz

Yep! they're SO technologically advanced that they're not even allowed to use the aircon during summer. Their bodies have mutated to adapt to the seasons, they won't even be needing that geiger counter in their smartphones because they're immune to radiation!

My body has yet to mutate, so the summer heat (or rather the extreme humidity) isn't very pleasant for me here.

Ezodagrom
Nov 7, 2012, 08:17 AM
It's an old concept... In winter the days get shorter and there's less sunlight so you move the time forward so that you don't have to wake up in the pitch black to get ready for work, and the reverse to take advantage of summer days with more sunlight. I mean, don't they have seasons where you live Arika?

Daylight saving time is active during the summer though, during the winter it's just the standard time.

Miraclearrow
Nov 7, 2012, 09:29 AM
Just speaking personally, once i remembered....

http://image.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/compositions/20135523/views/1,width=178,height=178,interlace=true/picard-facepalm-shirt-women-s-t-shirts_design.png