PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia and PSO

Kanivakil
Nov 6, 2012, 11:06 PM
I played PSO v1 on the Dreamcast over 10 years ago. Not too long ago, sometime in March of this year, when I returned to gaming, this time on the PC, I began to recall all the games that I loved to play and PSO popped in my mind and I was astonished to learned that PSO 2 was coming out soon but not in America when I Googled it. I was very thrilled like a little child because I must have spent 500-1000 hours at night playing PSO v1. Later in July, it came to mind why I can't download the Japanese version and after searching the web, I stumbled on a website that gave directions on how to. I spent an hour reading instructions and downloading the game and spent 200 hours on the game afterwards.

But what about today? It's been 2-3 months since I have touched PSO 2. It's strange how often people think the past is better and wish they could relive that moment even though the present could be proven better. I often imagine what would it be like to live in a society when television was black and white. People "seem" different then, the way they talk and carry themselves.

Griffin
Nov 6, 2012, 11:08 PM
I play PSO2 with PSO1 music playing in the background.

Newstalgia.

Angelo
Nov 6, 2012, 11:16 PM
Huh?...

Sparzyle
Nov 6, 2012, 11:16 PM
It's just like those people who think Phantasy Star 1 & 2 are the best thing and PSO don't stand a chance.

Nostalgia beats everything...

I enjoy listening to the Cylez City music when playing on PSO because nostalgia :-?

Kanivakil
Nov 6, 2012, 11:23 PM
I think it has nothing to do with the game but rather the person's perspectives on doing an activity they once loved, like playing video games. They remember how they enjoyed playing games, but seemingly can't enjoy it again.

For example, I once smoked, for about a year, and even became an addict, but suddenly the cigarette became distasteful and I quit dry in a snap of a finger. But, yet, I still remember how cigarettes once tasted good and made me feel good.

Gama
Nov 7, 2012, 03:37 AM
so where all addicts that miss a poison we cant get a buzz from anymore.

Sparzyle
Nov 7, 2012, 04:13 AM
I've been addicted to the PS series since 2006 when PSU's demo came out and every addiction can be bad.

Conclusion: The games are actually poison D: