PDA

View Full Version : Photon Drop Shop

EXPFULL
Nov 7, 2012, 12:49 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering what the most sought-after items are from the Photon Drop Shop?
I'd like to discuss this on the next episode of the podcast.

The list is too long to put up a poll, but I'd love to at least get your thoughts as replies.

I'm going straight after 支援デバイス/PP回復B Supp. Device / PP Recovery B myself.

Here's the list:

1 フォトンスフィア 1 Photon Sphere = 10 Photon Crystals
1 フォトンスフィア 1 Photon Sphere = 99 Photon Drops
1 フォトンクリスタル 1 Photon Crystal = 10 Photon Drops
5 獲得経験値+25% 5 EXP+25% = 1 Photon Sphere
1 獲得経験値+75% 1 EXP+75% = 1 Photon Sphere
フードデバイス/打撃ミニ 3 Food Device / S-ATK Mini = 2 Photon Spheres
フードデバイス/射撃ミニ 3 Food Device / R-ATK Mini = 2 Photon Spheres
フードデバイス/法撃ミニ 3 Food Device / T-ATK mini = 2 Photon Spheres
フードデバイス/技量ミニ 3 Food Device / DEX Mini = 2 Photon Spheres
支援デバイス/HP回復B Supp. Device / HP Recovery B = 2 Photon Spheres
支援デバイス/HP回復K Supp. Device / HP Recovery K = 2 Photon Spheres
支援デバイス/PP回復B Supp. Device / PP Recovery B = 2 Photon Spheres
支援デバイス/状態異常B Supp. Device / Status Effect B = 2 Photon Spheres
支援デバイス/能力上昇B Supp. Device / Ability UP B = 2 Photon Spheres
支援デバイス/能力上昇E Supp. Device / Ability UP E = 2 Photon Spheres
支援デバイス/能力上昇H Supp. Device / Ability UP H = 2 Photon Spheres
支援デバイス/能力上昇K Supp. Device / Ability UP K = 2 Photon Spheres
ガンシザー Gun Scissors with Power 3 = 2 Photon Spheres
ガンシザー Gun Scissors with Shoot 3 = 2 Photon Spheres
ガンシザー Gun Scissors with Technic 3 = 2 Photon Spheres
サブ/アドスピリタδ Sub / Adspirita with Power 3 = 2 Photon Spheres
サブ/アドスピリタδ Sub / Adspirita with Shoot 3 = 2 Photon Spheres
サブ/アドスピリタδ Sub / Adspirita with Mind 3 = 2 Photon Spheres

Arika
Nov 7, 2012, 12:53 PM
支援デバイス/PP回復B first for both 2x tech mag, then after that just get only +75% exp/ 25% exp depend on situation

Crysteon
Nov 7, 2012, 12:58 PM
Honestly, most of it doesnt seem worth getting. Sure, you can try busting 2 stacks of PDs for a risky try to get a fodder weapon/unit for a potential Soul + ATK III item, but there are way easier and cheaper methods to achieve that (it just consumes time, though). EXP tickets might lead you to get EXCubes eventually, but doesnt seem like a worthy investment. PP recovery device might come in handy for some people.

Eternal255
Nov 7, 2012, 12:59 PM
wtf is support action B do?

Sizustar
Nov 7, 2012, 01:04 PM
PP Recovery B activate when changing area, like PP Recovery A, only difference is
A - Trigger rate is high, duration is short
B - Trigger rate is average, duration is average
E - When PB Gauge is full, chance to trigger
H - During Emergency Trials - Trigger rate is average, Duration is average
J - You have to set the device setting, trigger rate and duration is low - time: 15 sec - Cooldown : 15 min, when activated PP recovery is 4x, cost 5% "bar" of Mag.
K - Activate at set inverval, duration average

Alenoir
Nov 7, 2012, 01:06 PM
Went directly for 援デバイス/能力上昇H and replaced the G version of it on mags. Didn't really liked the PP one since that does the recovery when you change area... and nothing really happens when you change area. :|

Clunker
Nov 7, 2012, 01:25 PM
What about this "K" Option for Mags? Anyone have any idea about what affect that one has??

IndigoNovember
Nov 7, 2012, 02:30 PM
What does Ability UP do? This is a new Support Device is it not?

GoldenFalcon
Nov 7, 2012, 02:38 PM
What does Ability UP do? This is a new Support Device is it not?

It's the one that casts shifta and deband

IndigoNovember
Nov 7, 2012, 02:41 PM
It's the one that casts shifta and deband

Ah, my bad. Completely forgot about that one =_= .

Dinosaur
Nov 7, 2012, 02:50 PM
PP/B is very useful for heavy MPA players as you will constantly find yourself piping back and forth to the campship. And honestly if you're not MPAing more than half the time, you're doing it wrong.

Alenoir
Nov 7, 2012, 04:03 PM
PP/B is very useful for heavy MPA players as you will constantly find yourself piping back and forth to the campship. And honestly if you're not MPAing more than half the time, you're doing it wrong.

I don't know, when I pipe during an MPA, it's for selling purpose, and by the time I get back, if I'm not actually with a party, then the MPA group already moved 1/3 a map away. :( Really only useful if you have someone else piping for you.

eharima
Nov 7, 2012, 04:19 PM
totally fucking UNDERWHELMED by the pd shop.

Really 2 PS for an item with shoot 3 on it? i can buy that for 20k in the shop, wtf sega do you even economy?? should have been [attribute] V for 2 ps really considering how shit dodo is.

yes i have sent my complaint to the opinion mail, i hope you do the same.
really nothing worth buying but exp boosters, and tbh i can buy better ones with AC...

crock of shit.

Dinosaur
Nov 7, 2012, 05:11 PM
I don't know, when I pipe during an MPA, it's for selling purpose, and by the time I get back, if I'm not actually with a party, then the MPA group already moved 1/3 a map away. :( Really only useful if you have someone else piping for you.

Plan your pipes, for example when you know the party is going to be hitting a dead end soon and doing the map route backwards, you can easily catch the party again. Also, sell faster. There are many ways to manipulate the game to your advantage. It requires a certain level of knowledge of the game.

WiZ1988
Nov 7, 2012, 06:27 PM
I have got a stupid question. lol. I wasn't able to play for about 3 weeks. I just recently got back into the game and was able to download the gamel

Now to my question, how do you get photon drops? Where and how.

Also, do you have to be in a team to do TA attack runs. I feel like I am missing out on a lot of features of the game. I do need to level my character more but after forgetting my secret question and such I had to start all over.

Lastly how can you get the "Sato" mag. I am unsure on what the mag is called in PSO2 but I know it is all called as Shato, from previous games. I guess where else would you find links? Does it require AC?

Thanks for any information and if anyone is every trying to do runs send me a PM. It's getting a little old soloing 24/7. Thanks again

IndigoNovember
Nov 7, 2012, 07:09 PM
You get Photon Drops from doing Emergency Trials. I believe you can also get them from green boxes.

You can buy the Sato mag device from in-game My Shops. Otherwise you'll have to hunt down a new PSO2 Premium Package.

Drifting Fable
Nov 7, 2012, 07:12 PM
You do not need to be in a team to run time attack runs... but you will need at minimum a party of 2 people to run a time attack (preferably 4 will give you a surer chance of success).

In the future you will be allowed to solo TAs, but now 2 is the minimum.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 7, 2012, 08:25 PM
Adding to Drifting Fable's answer, a minimum of two players at higher levels is enough for most Normal and Hard mode TAs, but it'll be quite a tight run. Having three is much better, and 4 is the ideal number. If you have a Ranger skilled with WB, the job can be done with ease, possibly even on VH with 3 people. VH Naverius TA is possible with three people, but impossible for Lillipa and Amduscia as some of the better shortcuts need 4 people.

The PD shop is very underwhelming, but I suppose that we should have expected as much. It's looking to be more of a consolation prize for those of us who haven't got ExCubes yet, especially with the 75% EXP boost.

Gen2000
Nov 7, 2012, 11:31 PM
VH Naverius TA is possible with three people, but impossible for Lillipa and Amduscia as some of the better shortcuts need 4 people.

I've bee running all the TAs as 3man team on Very Hard for about 3-4 weeks and still succeed even when messing up with some embarrassing mistakes at times. FO/TE and two friend GU/RAs. Good Weak Bullet use and confidence in path splits can carry you a long way.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 8, 2012, 12:53 AM
I've bee running all the TAs as 3man team on Very Hard for about 3-4 weeks and still succeed even when messing up with some embarrassing mistakes at times. FO/TE and two friend GU/RAs. Good Weak Bullet use and confidence in path splits can carry you a long way.

That sounds possible with a team built around WB. I was referring more to a casually built team without any WB at all though. You definitely need 4 mans to activate the Mines teleporter and to activate buttons faster in Caves.

Alenoir
Nov 8, 2012, 01:26 AM
Also, sell faster. There are many ways to manipulate the game to your advantage. It requires a certain level of knowledge of the game.
When my inventory is full, it would be 60~70 items that I need to sort through.

I know, that crazy idea that sometimes you may actually want to keep some stuffs for the attributes on them.

Also don't know about the whole "plan pipe -> party hit dead end and return" thing, since... yeah, it's usually about going around in a circle if it's an actual map for MPA grinding. .-. (If not, then mobs generally don't respawn that fast if the party did a U-turn from a dead end, unless your pipe's waaay out there.) I don't know though, maybe I was just in MPAs where everyone was eating through the mobs and moving at a pretty fast pace.

Saffran
Nov 8, 2012, 06:26 AM
And honestly if you're not MPAing more than half the time, you're doing it wrong.

When you're telling other people how to play, *that's* when you're doing it wrong.
Some people just don't care about MPA, they're enjoying the *game*.

As far as the photon shop is concerned, color me unimpressed.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 8, 2012, 06:49 AM
I have a feeling that the food device minis give 10 points each when slamdunked into a mag, and I am not sure why they would even do them this way. Maybe just to make this shop unique?

But, if I could figure out the trigger conditions for the other half of the mag abilities here, then I might actually buy something

[Ayumi]
Nov 8, 2012, 02:00 PM
Question I would like to know.
YOu think it's best if I take my 2000 Photon Drops and convert them to spheres?

Syklo
Nov 8, 2012, 08:17 PM
I'm also curious what condition 'K' is for the trigger actions..

Seraphus
Nov 8, 2012, 08:20 PM
;2879568']Question I would like to know.
YOu think it's best if I take my 2000 Photon Drops and convert them to spheres?

No, exchanging is too much of a hassle when you can only carry 99 drops at a time. just keep them in drops and exchange when you want to buy something.

Acel
Nov 8, 2012, 08:45 PM
PP Recovery B activate when changing area, like PP Recovery A, only difference is
A - Trigger rate is high, duration is short
B - Trigger rate is average, duration is average
E - When PB Gauge is full, chance to trigger
H - During Emergency Trials - Trigger rate is average, Duration is average
J - You have to set the device setting, trigger rate and duration is low - time: 15 sec - Cooldown : 15 min, when activated PP recovery is 4x, cost 5% "bar" of Mag.
K - Activate at set inverval, duration average

Erm I thought most of them meant "interval" and not "duration"?
eg. H - Trigger rate is average, interval is average?

Which is why:
Supp. Device / Ability UP H = Trigger rate average, Interval average
VS
Supp. Device / Ability UP G = Trigger rate low, Interval low
I would pick Support Device / Ability UP G instead.

Because if I put it in slot 1, whenever there is a trial(you know how often that happens in MPA), it will have a higher priority to trigger (and if not, theres always another coming up shortly for another chance) and I dont have to wait a longer cooldown (like H) for another chance to activate.

J has different properties.
For HP Recovery - J is low interval, low amount healed.
For PP Recovery - J is low interval, low duration.
For Ability UP - J is high interval
It is NOT THE SAME for all.

To be honest, the only "good" or "better" mag device offered IMO is Support Device / Ability Up K.
It is average interval and better than the long interval from ver. J which you get by default for ranger mags.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 8, 2012, 08:54 PM
I'm honestly thinking of switching my mags to HP Recovery B, so that the heal is higher even though it can't happen as often
Since it's not like I get hit to low HP every minute or something, and not dying when I do get hit is important

Skye-Fox713
Nov 8, 2012, 09:01 PM
i'll probably be getting the exp tickets.

Tyruka
Nov 9, 2012, 11:25 AM
Same here. Probably going after the exp ones till I fully understand everything else hehe.

Meji
Nov 9, 2012, 11:28 AM
Get Photon Drops -> Get Photon Spheres -> Get EXP Boosters -> Get Ex Cubes -> PROFIT.