PDA

View Full Version : how to equip a subclass?

drummer829
Nov 7, 2012, 06:19 PM
ok, so im still kind of new, but I was wondering how do you equip a subclass?

Lostbob117
Nov 7, 2012, 06:23 PM
You do the quest and turn it in, then go to the quest counter.

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2012, 06:23 PM
Get to level 20 on at least one class, get the client order from Koffee lady, complete client order, go to class changey guy and select the subclass section. Then click a class that isn't your main class.

joebloby
Nov 7, 2012, 06:32 PM
I'm also new to pso and i only like force. Will i be weaker if i don't subclass?

drummer829
Nov 7, 2012, 06:35 PM
I'm also new to pso and i only like force. Will i be weaker if i don't subclass?

yea, kind of the same question, but say i add ranger to my hunter, what that help my stats, or reduce some of them as well as increase others?

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2012, 06:37 PM
Yes. The subclass CO is the easiest CO from koffee to date, though, so don't worry.

You gain the entire skill tree of the subclass, 20% of its stats at or below your main's level (so 20 main & 5 sub means full 20%, but 1 main and 5 sub means gains from sub are lowered to 20% of level 1). You also gain access to all techs or PA's of the sub you pick, but NOT its weapons. Having the skilltree means any skill you've chosen becomes available - HP Up, ATK Up, Def Up, Weak Hit Advance, Weak Bullet, Just Guard, all of it providing you unlocked it.

You need to rely on all-class weapons to use the subclass's PA's however, which you might think would be weaker but tend to be some of the strongest sellable weapons available. Only 10*'s surpass certain weapons such as the lambda aristin, right now.

drummer829
Nov 7, 2012, 06:45 PM
Yes. The subclass CO is the easiest CO from koffee to date, though, so don't worry.

You gain the entire skill tree of the subclass, 20% of its stats at or below your main's level (so 20 main & 5 sub means full 20%, but 1 main and 5 sub means gains from sub are lowered to 20% of level 1). You also gain access to all techs or PA's of the sub you pick, but NOT its weapons. Having the skilltree means any skill you've chosen becomes available - HP Up, ATK Up, Def Up, Weak Hit Advance, Weak Bullet, Just Guard, all of it providing you unlocked it.

You need to rely on all-class weapons to use the subclass's PA's however, which you might think would be weaker but tend to be some of the strongest sellable weapons available. Only 10*'s surpass certain weapons such as the lambda aristin, right now.

ok this is making sense. So can i level up the subclass with my main class, or can i only level up the class as my main class

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2012, 06:47 PM
Only your main class gets experience, so you'd have to swap out.

blace
Nov 7, 2012, 06:48 PM
Only the main class can gain experience. To level your subclass you'll need to switch main class with subclass.

drummer829
Nov 7, 2012, 06:50 PM
ahhh ok..this is all making much more sense haha. i was planning on getting my hunter to lvl 30, get fighter and use hunter as my subclass and fighter as my main. is that common?

Zyrusticae
Nov 7, 2012, 06:51 PM
Pretty common, yes. Get your level 30 SP client order done and switch to fighter with hunter as sub, it'll work just fine.

blace
Nov 7, 2012, 06:53 PM
It's very common and some abilities work well like Fighter being able to use Hunters Fury Stance.

drummer829
Nov 7, 2012, 06:56 PM
awesome. this game just keeps getting better and better for me =)

gigawuts
Nov 7, 2012, 07:12 PM
ahhh ok..this is all making much more sense haha. i was planning on getting my hunter to lvl 30, get fighter and use hunter as my subclass and fighter as my main. is that common?

Sure is. I normally do that, but right now I'm raising hunter so I'm hu/fi.