PDA

View Full Version : P...piping?

Cortte
Nov 8, 2012, 10:01 AM
I must once again take myself back to the days of Blue Burst and ask what people think of the idea of piping in PSO2. Now in PSO BB to those who are un savy, this was being in a room with a large crowd of mobs and placing a telepipe by the door way. If done right you could then enter and exit the area tons of times, each time resetting the spawn of the mobs in the room. This continues for the area of 5 seconds to 15 months till the mobs group spawns a rare for you. The mob is the slain and his pretty red box pillaged.

My question to you dear fellows is; Do you think piping would work in that same sense in this game? And secondly, does a pipe even stay on the field once you enter/exit? Or does it need to be re-placed?

Shirokami
Nov 8, 2012, 10:04 AM
I must once again take myself back to the days of Blue Burst and ask what people think of the idea of piping in PSO2. Now in PSO BB to those who are un savy, this was being in a room with a large crowd of mobs and placing a telepipe by the door way. If done right you could then enter and exit the area tons of times, each time resetting the spawn of the mobs in the room. This continues for the area of 5 seconds to 15 months till the mobs group spawns a rare for you. The mob is the slain and his pretty red box pillaged.

My question to you dear fellows is; Do you think piping would work in that same sense in this game? And secondly, does a pipe even stay on the field once you enter/exit? Or does it need to be re-placed?

Monsters won't respawn.

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2012, 10:04 AM
It didn't work in BB because it was all done server-side. So it won't work, and I don't really feel it should make a return. If things should be easier to get they should just make things more realistically attainable in regular gameplay - which they've done.

I do feel rare mobs should count for their normal counterparts in CO kill credit, and then boss runs should use the rank as a bonus to the rare version's spawnrate, to give boss runs a place somewhere remotely near MPAing.

edit: Also, the only reason piping was even any good was that you'd know where to find a bunch of the same enemy, like the room with 12 lilies, and pipe it. That isn't possible here. There's no spawn with 12 signo beats, or even 5. You get waves of enemies completely randomly. It's more time effective to kill and move on for a variety of reasons, least of not including meseta has a value now. Before meseta was meaningless in the rare trading world, unless you were trading 999,999 meseta to a mag farmer. Now it's completely an option to buy the rare with the litter you pick up and vend, before that was just not an option.

Ezodagrom
Nov 8, 2012, 10:25 AM
Pipes also don't work like they did in PSO. In PSO2 pipes don't appear in the exact location where the player is, pipes appear somewhere nearby.

Sammickk
Nov 8, 2012, 11:13 AM
Ahhhh the old days of piping for rares!!...... had to be quick with the megid Lilly!

Dammy
Nov 8, 2012, 11:15 AM
kinda worked for me once :D
when i came back from camship rare ragne spawned and jumped right on my head

Sparzyle
Nov 8, 2012, 12:59 PM
yeah something similar happened to me

I was in Free Forest and then near the end of the area a Rockbear spawned, I started to go back fleeing because I had no monomates and then when I reached a dead end on the forest I used a telepipe and went to campship for monomates then I went to the telepipe and killed the Rockbear and continued again to the end of the area and another Rockbear appeared

dunno if this is similar to the PSO piping, I never did that back on PSO B:

Digital Satyr
Nov 8, 2012, 01:22 PM
Piping does work and I've done it a lot. All you need to do is find panels that spawn bosses and
walk on them to trigger a spawn, and if it isn't a boss you go back up your pipe and wait for the mobs to reset.

Raymee
Nov 8, 2012, 01:50 PM
Lmao, no it doesn't work.

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2012, 02:03 PM
Lmao, no it doesn't work.

No, no, this might be a funny rumor to watch spread.

Shirokami
Nov 8, 2012, 02:11 PM
No, no, this might be a funny rumor to watch spread.

Yeah it will be!

OMG I TRIED THIS IT WORKED I GOT MANY RAGNE KILLS LIKE THIS AND FARMED AND LEVELED FAST!
LEGIT!

Sesheenku
Nov 8, 2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah it will be!

OMG I TRIED THIS IT WORKED I GOT MANY RAGNE KILLS LIKE THIS AND FARMED AND LEVELED FAST!
LEGIT!

Lol cause leveling is hard right gaiiis? Yeah that would be amusing.

Galax
Nov 8, 2012, 05:27 PM
It'll be amusing until people are still repeating it four years later <_<

Tenlade
Nov 8, 2012, 08:34 PM
It'll be amusing until people are still repeating it four years later <_<

Next year when the english servers come out, when someone says "hey i need some help grinding something", every reply is "lol just pipe it nub" and people in block 1 will be asking if you could spare some cash for them to pipe trick a boss.

Shirokami
Nov 8, 2012, 08:37 PM
Next year when the english servers come out, when someone says "hey i need some help grinding something", every reply is "lol just pipe it nub" and people in block 1 will be asking if you could spare some cash for them to pipe trick a boss.

I'd love to see that.

Skye-Fox713
Nov 8, 2012, 08:41 PM
i believe that trick only worked on the GC and Xbox in offline mode. though I do miss the Ryuker teck from the PSO days.

Angelo
Nov 8, 2012, 08:46 PM

Wanting to keep a feature because of an exploit.

Yeah... I'm leaning towards 'no'.

Kondibon
Nov 8, 2012, 08:46 PM
From what I've seen by running around a free field map solo for a while each quadrant on the map has multiple spawns but only one emergency code. However it will ALWAYS be the EXACT same code not counting changeovers.

For instance lets say you go to C-4 on a map and ragne spawns. After that you run a round a while then come back to C-4 one of two things will happen, either normal spawns show up, or another ragne will. Most codes have a timer or something on them to keep them from triggering too much in a short amount but I've run into bosses and other codes spawning in the same spots each time.

Piping is technically possible but you'd likely just get a normal spawn unless you waited a long while. I don't think it would be any more efficient than just doing laps around the map. Infact I think it would be less so since you aren't getting exp or drops while you wait.

EDIT: Also that new 4 hour limit on maps now makes it impractical as a long term thing.

Digital Satyr
Nov 8, 2012, 09:15 PM
It's best done on maps with adjacent panels that can spawn bosses. One large map I was on recently had an entire side with panels that could trigger code: duel, so I didn't even have to pipe up. I just ran along the path by myself and kept spawning quartz dragons over and over. Another map after that was tiny but had a ragne spawn on each end, so every time we ran back and forth in the MPA, we got a spawn.

Kondibon is correct in that you make less exp as the runner since everyone else gets to farm while you are generating bosses, but it is the fastest way to farm bosses unless you have a group that can rush S rank runs. I've also noticed Mr. Umblla spawns on boss panels as well, though I 'm not sure if he can only spawn on panels with code: duel or if it is independent.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 8, 2012, 10:10 PM
I wish I could reliably farm Ragnes

That emergency mission for Ragne in the city needs to become a permanent quest

Exiled_Gundam
Nov 8, 2012, 10:37 PM
From what I see, in PSO2 each portion of the map most probably have a designated spot for pipe. And most of the time it is located at the point where mobs or field boss will spawn.

nadespam
Nov 9, 2012, 10:38 AM
Piping works too a point, but getting the code will be random... sometimes you get only enemies other times it'll be a code... with an exception.

The only code I know for sure you can always get is the one in the volcano, collecting the keys. I've piped that one if I'm close to the next level, but there seems to be a reset timer, you can't just: complete the code, pipe out, pipe back in. Sometimes you go up, come back down and it reseted, other times it doesn't work so you have to waste time on the ship or killing things. At the same time if anybody is still within a certain range of the code it won't start back up again. Same with how people who AFK in a spot and things won't spawn there.

Oh, also I think if there are boxes near it you have to break them too. They seem to have an affect on the resetting.

Outside of that code I never attempted to pipe in random area for the others.