PDA

View Full Version : New Races possibility?

Miyavi-sensei
Nov 8, 2012, 10:18 AM
Do you think maybe later down the road Sega will add new races like Beasts or Duman? Would you like to see more races added?

Shirokami
Nov 8, 2012, 10:19 AM
No furry.

NoiseHERO
Nov 8, 2012, 10:20 AM
Said he wanted to do more races.

I dunno. I can barely handle 3 /12 characters.

Ogni-XR21
Nov 8, 2012, 10:31 AM
Race differences are not really a thing in PSO2 so I honestly don't see the use for more races other than cosmetics.

Zyrusticae
Nov 8, 2012, 11:03 AM
If they ever do add a new race, it better have more differences than just eye patches or furry ears and nose.

JCGamer
Nov 8, 2012, 11:12 AM
yeah I agree its cool to have extra races but in this case for pso2 I say no. psu was nice game with the beast race but we don't need beast on pso2. but they can add idea and unique race instead of beast race. like those fury creature we keep protecting XD now that something to see small fury creature with sword, guns and tech LMAO

Shirokami
Nov 8, 2012, 11:13 AM
If they ever do add a new race, it better have more differences than just eye patches or furry ears and nose.

Furry tail.

Drifting Fable
Nov 8, 2012, 03:23 PM
I still want the beast race to return. I want to "devil trigger" in this "DMC mmo". But in all seriousness, I did enjoy transforming into a 10 foot badass and punching the living crap out of the boss. A shame I eventually outdamaged that hulking form after becoming a Fighmaster, but I see a lot of new potentials and dynamics could full fill in this new action oriented Z-axis gameplay that could make the ability more worth while.

Duman's on the other hand have been data-mined, how they will be implemented isn't known at the moment.

I'm not too interested in seeing anything else show up. But we'll see what Sakai cooks up.

Skye-Fox713
Nov 8, 2012, 03:53 PM
I still want the beast race to return. I want to "devil trigger" in this "DMC mmo". But in all seriousness, I did enjoy transforming into a 10 foot badass and punching the living crap out of the boss. A shame I eventually outdamaged that hulking form after becoming a Fighmaster, but I see a lot of new potentials and dynamics could full fill in this new action oriented Z-axis gameplay that could make the ability more worth while.

Duman's on the other hand have been data-mined, how they will be implemented isn't known at the moment.

I'm not too interested in seeing anything else show up. But we'll see what Sakai cooks up.

Duman being data-mined can mean that is is simply left over data of an idea that never gave fruit. Though I believe its rather uncommon for games to have data on something was was not put into the live game for the exception of the special dev areas for testing stuff.

Beast women are the best.

Galax
Nov 8, 2012, 04:14 PM
^Now say it 9,999 more times or Laia will rip your ears off.

Vashyron
Nov 8, 2012, 04:14 PM
Yet again I need to mention Dewman data was updated again since the new class update to give them stats all the way to 100 for FI GU and TE. Plus named strings of item restrictions mentioning Dewmans.

As for looks, I hope people see that on looks alone we have a race that the only difference it has from Humans is long ears.

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2012, 04:20 PM
Duman being data-mined can mean that is is simply left over data of an idea that never gave fruit. Though I believe its rather uncommon for games to have data on something was was not put into the live game for the exception of the special dev areas for testing stuff.

Beast women are the best.

Oh no, when it comes to MMO's they are veritable treasure troves of ideas left to either rot, or that were replaced by newer and cleaner versions. Many games have databases you can easily access that are pretty much windows into the devs' design process.

Zyrusticae
Nov 8, 2012, 04:37 PM
As for looks, I hope people see that on looks alone we have a race that the only difference it has from Humans is long ears.
And I do have a problem with this, yes. (And even then, customization options mean that the ears don't have to be long, just pointy.)

We already have two lookalike races, why would need a third?

Skye-Fox713
Nov 8, 2012, 04:59 PM
^Now say it 9,999 more times or Laia will rip your ears off.

I'm more afraid for the beast women Maya will ravish to determine if that statement is true.

Agitated_AT
Nov 8, 2012, 05:11 PM
NO!!!

Blizz3112
Nov 8, 2012, 05:20 PM
I'm more afraid for the beast women Maya will rape to determine if that statement is true.

Way to keep it classy, man...

I still say cosmetically aside, there is always a possibility to add in a race (or races from the past) for flavor...

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2012, 05:23 PM
Next up: Race Reset Tickets 10,000 AC

Galax
Nov 8, 2012, 05:29 PM
Bro, you're tripping. Keeping all class levels but changing your race? SEGA will demand a firstborn.

Nameh
Nov 8, 2012, 05:51 PM
Surrender the firstborn

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2012, 05:54 PM
Bro, you're tripping. Keeping all class levels but changing your race? SEGA will demand a firstborn.

Hm, good point.

1,000,000 AC

And someone would actually do it.

Mike
Nov 8, 2012, 07:05 PM
Hm, good point.

1,000,000 AC

And someone would actually do it.
I think it'd be in the exchange shop so Sega can inflate their earnings from scratch sales. Trade 5,000 scratch items for one!

Crystal_Shard
Nov 8, 2012, 07:19 PM
Only 10k AC Mike? That's barely enough to satiate Sega's thirst. :3

Also Skye-Fox713, I believe the word you may be looking for is "ravish".

Let's hope Sega doesn't just add in races for the sake of doing so.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 8, 2012, 07:21 PM
*Fleshies....*

+^_^+

ShadowDragon28
Nov 8, 2012, 07:24 PM
Lilipan and Dinians should be made playable races in PSO2 IMO.

Sparzyle
Nov 8, 2012, 07:26 PM
Motavians and Dinians should be made playable races in PSO2 IMO.
Fixed' :B

ShadowDragon28
Nov 8, 2012, 07:32 PM
Lilipans are pretty much loosely based on Motavians.

With the character creator, one could concievably make them a little taller or re-color their fur to be blue....

Mike
Nov 8, 2012, 07:39 PM
Lilipans are pretty much loosely based on Motavians.

With the character creator, one could concievably make them a little taller or re-color their fur to be blue....
Except Lilliputians don't try to get "fresh" Furie or Echo.

Only 10k AC Mike? That's barely enough to satiate Sega's thirst. :3
At 200 AC per item, wouldn't that make 5000 items be 1 million AC? It'd also need 51 inventory slots which is a great way to get people to buy inventory expansions.

Sparzyle
Nov 8, 2012, 07:40 PM
yeah but Lilipans are just weak native creatures, motavians were more like Rouges who lived on a planet which was full desert and even had a lake which expelled toxic gas

They should be Motavians with a new class called Rouge maybe :B and ability to steal or something...:-?

Skye-Fox713
Nov 8, 2012, 08:48 PM
Also Skye-Fox713, I believe the word you may be looking for is "ravish".

Indeed, edited previous post.

[SPOILER-BOX]Maya: "I've always pondered why best women are the best"
JOE: "..."
Maya: "Well it appears that we'll just have to preform some testing to come to a deduction"
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs25/i/2008/036/a/7/PSU_Maya_JOE_by_Fox_Light713.jpg
every time some one brings up beast women are the best I can't help but post this, even if it was myself.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Angelo
Nov 8, 2012, 09:25 PM
Here's why I don't think it would work.

PSO2 has gone back to the 'photon blast' limit break system and use mags to rely on it. The 'race gimmick' of the Universe series was based heavily on using your 'limit break' as different races.

So we take Nanoblasting and the Duman... glow... thing out of the picture and do we have races that actually work?

Let's look at Beasts. In the first installments of the Universe series they were attack heavy, defense heavy, and HP heavy. They basically outclass CASTs in their old role and you were pretty much forced to pick this race if you wanted to be a viable melee class. Not good. How did they fix this?

In later installments (Portable) they balanced the classes more. Humans were now the defense powerhouses and CASTs were the HP gods... and Beasts were notable for their...Evasion? What? Well, whatever. In PSO2 there is no 'evasion' stat. So Beasts really wouldn't have a Forte other than Attack...

...until Dumans come along, who trump the hell out of everyone in attack. Dumans are a glass cannon with high attack in melee, ranged, and tech and pretty lackluster defense. How do they make up for this? Well, with their Infinity Blast, which is pretty damn awesome. Again, we've stated that this game doesn't use the multipurpose 'limit bar' like the Universe games, so their best gimmick goes completely out the window.

I'd say we're good as is.

I actually really like Beasts, and Dumans were really awesome too, but unless they want to rework the photon blast system and give all races something unique again I don't see this happening. These two races relied so much on their 'blast' gimmick that there'd be universal pissing and moaning without them.

Now if they want to give us bestial faces, ears, and Duman eyepatches and clothes just for fun I'd be totally down for that.

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 8, 2012, 10:41 PM
How about we step back into history to pick up another. Another good race expansion could be the dragonkin. Aren't they trying to learn the common language used in ORACLE? I'm not saying Vol Dragon but more the foot soldiers. Technically Dezorians were a tint of green lizard so it'd be a nice throwback to the classic series to have them playable..

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2012, 10:59 PM
I keep saying lillipans should be playable and also dagashes

Crystal_Shard
Nov 8, 2012, 11:42 PM
Dragonkin are definitely the most thematically possible. As for Lillipans... I must admit that an eyepatch & bandanna wearing, battle scarred lillipan wielding the largest sword he/she can possibly hold is pretty badass. :3

At 200 AC per item, wouldn't that make 5000 items be 1 million AC? It'd also need 51 inventory slots which is a great way to get people to buy inventory expansions.

Ah, right, I read that as 5000 AC worth of items, not 5000 individual AC items. :3 It wouldn't all take up 51 slots though, unless the player got mostly costumes and 1 of every unique AC item.

@Angelo: With the new ExCube shop and the PB changing devices, there's now the possibility that newer PBs will become available, maybe even race based ones perhaps? Anyway, it's definitely far more likely that Dewmans in PSO 2 will just be a cosmetic thing.

In Infinity, I'm pretty sure beasts were mostly just low accuracy, while casts were the opposite, and newmans/beasts both had the highest evade.. Dewmans/dumans were 2nd best in all attack stats, with the lowest defenses.

Gama
Nov 9, 2012, 05:19 AM
i would like to see a del race.

Galax
Nov 9, 2012, 11:04 AM
Why don't we just ask SEGA to put in Dorphon Vehicles and call it a day.

darkante
Nov 9, 2012, 11:13 AM
If the Beast race would return, they better give more options to their animalistic side.
Like a twin tail or big fluffy tail, exclusive ears, eyes & nose choices etc.

That would win me over pretty quickly.

[Ayumi]
Nov 9, 2012, 03:10 PM
If the Beast race would return, they better give more options to their animalistic side.
Like a twin tail or big fluffy tail, exclusive ears, eyes & nose choices etc.

That would win me over pretty quickly.

As long as I can make my face/nose/lips not horrifyingly ugly like they did on PSU and onward, I would play one.

Alucard V
Nov 9, 2012, 03:41 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]

PSO2 has gone back to the 'photon blast' limit break system and use mags to rely on it. The 'race gimmick' of the Universe series was based heavily on using your 'limit break' as different races.

So we take Nanoblasting and the Duman... glow... thing out of the picture and do we have races that actually work?

Let's look at Beasts. In the first installments of the Universe series they were attack heavy, defense heavy, and HP heavy. They basically outclass CASTs in their old role and you were pretty much forced to pick this race if you wanted to be a viable melee class. Not good. How did they fix this?

In later installments (Portable) they balanced the classes more. Humans were now the defense powerhouses and CASTs were the HP gods... and Beasts were notable for their...Evasion? What? Well, whatever. In PSO2 there is no 'evasion' stat. So Beasts really wouldn't have a Forte other than Attack...

...until Dumans come along, who trump the hell out of everyone in attack. Dumans are a glass cannon with high attack in melee, ranged, and tech and pretty lackluster defense. How do they make up for this? Well, with their Infinity Blast, which is pretty damn awesome. Again, we've stated that this game doesn't use the multipurpose 'limit bar' like the Universe games, so their best gimmick goes completely out the window.

I actually really like Beasts, and Dumans were really awesome too, but unless they want to rework the photon blast system and give all races something unique again I don't see this happening. These two races relied so much on their 'blast' gimmick that there'd be universal pissing and moaning without them.

Now if they want to give us bestial faces, ears, and Duman eyepatches and clothes just for fun I'd be totally down for that.[/SPOILER-BOX]

I'm with Angelo on this. As much is I'm for new/remake Races without race abilities there's really no point.

But IF on the off chance that they did add races even as NPCs this be my vote.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081031232215/starocean/images/thumb/2/23/Gabriel_Celesta.jpg/300px-Gabriel_Celesta.jpg
Gabriel Celesta

Link1275
Nov 9, 2012, 04:33 PM

Now if they want to give us bestial faces, ears, and Duman eyepatches and clothes just for fun I'd be totally down for that.
You could give Beasts huge S-ATK and HP with moderate defense(I honestly don't care about them though myself), the solution for Dhumans you already stated yourself. Give them the HIGHEST ATK stats of any race, with the LOWEST HP and DEF stats of them all.

Galax
Nov 9, 2012, 04:56 PM
And with the way PSO2 is set up, no class has any really huge advantage over another, so the idea of giving new races huge boosts is...No.

gigawuts
Nov 9, 2012, 05:09 PM
And with the way PSO2 is set up, no class has any really huge advantage over another, so the idea of giving new races huge boosts is...No.

Actually I think the ides is SUPER YES. Why?

Because then we have to restart to meet the new standard. New character slot...new trees...new mags...

Link1275
Nov 9, 2012, 05:24 PM
Just because they would need to have the highest stats in a certain area, doesn't mean that they would need to be massively under other races. In PSP2I a max stat Dhuman would have just barely a little over 2000 HP as I recall, whereas Casts had about 2200 something.

Actually I think the ides is SUPER YES. Why?

Because then we have to restart to meet the new standard. New character slot...new trees...new mags...

Just add the ability to take a certain path in the main story to be genetically altered in a program, or turn down the offer. Then add a race change service that costs AC. One free change to be either a Dhuman or a beast.

[Ayumi]
Nov 9, 2012, 08:40 PM
Just because they would need to have the highest stats in a certain area, doesn't mean that they would need to be massively under other races. In PSP2I a max stat Dhuman would have just barely a little over 2000 HP as I recall, whereas Casts had about 2200 something.

Just add the ability to take a certain path in the main story to be genetically altered in a program, or turn down the offer. Then add a race change service that costs AC. One free change to be either a Dhuman or a beast.

Unless no AC is involved and I can change back and forth as a Duman and such.. kind of like when I change classes. I say no.

But also won't all 3 need their own forms? I can't see how a cast or caseal can turn human or a newman turning beast.

What I mean is...

Human is to Duman
Cast is to ?
Newman is to ?

Even then that mean Beasts have no where to go unless you say

Human is to Duman/Beast as that's how they were on PSU. Altered humans
Meaning casts and caseals need 2 choices and so would Newmans.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 9, 2012, 10:43 PM
@[Ayumi]: I suggested in an earlier thread that Dewmans could take the form of a special one time paid transformation. (eg: Pay AC for a transform/evolution ticket, apply to your human/newman/cast character, gain access to special "Darker-esque" hairstyles, and accessories, keep your existing costumes/parts/looks.) Something like having that pimple boost flower stuck in one's head. :3

Alternately, if it follows your suggestion, we could have something like:
Human -> Dewman
Newman -> Beast
Cast -> insert something here. (Rogue AI? Mobile Weapons platform? Corrupted Chassis?)

[Ayumi]
Nov 10, 2012, 01:19 AM
@[Ayumi]: I suggested in an earlier thread that Dewmans could take the form of a special one time paid transformation. (eg: Pay AC for a transform/evolution ticket, apply to your human/newman/cast character, gain access to special "Darker-esque" hairstyles, and accessories, keep your existing costumes/parts/looks.) Something like having that pimple boost flower stuck in one's head. :3

Alternately, if it follows your suggestion, we could have something like:
Human -> Dewman
Newman -> Beast
Cast -> insert something here. (Rogue AI? Mobile Weapons platform? Corrupted Chassis?)

Hang on, how Newman to Beast? o.O

Crystal_Shard
Nov 10, 2012, 01:45 AM
;2880254']Hang on, how Newman to Beast? o.O

Thematically, Beasts are the original Numans (Classic PS series), which were created from human DNA and mixed with biomonster DNA to make them more resilient. Newmans as they are originated from the PSO era are actually fairly new as a concept, so Sakai could do a throwback to the Classic era.

Edit: To add just a wee bit more explanation - If we're going with the theme of corruption, then a darker infected human becomes a dewman, trading balance for attack, while an infected newman becomes a beast, trading mental strength for berserker strength. Not so sure about the Casts - they should be able to get infected just as easily, but I can't think of what the infection might do to one.

[Ayumi]
Nov 10, 2012, 01:59 AM
Thematically, Beasts are the original Numans (Classic PS series), which were created from human DNA and mixed with biomonster DNA to make them more resilient. Newmans as they are originated from the PSO era are actually fairly new as a concept, so Sakai could do a throwback to the Classic era.

Edit: To add just a wee bit more explanation - If we're going with the theme of corruption, then a darker infected human becomes a dewman, trading balance for attack, while an infected newman becomes a beast, trading mental strength for berserker strength. Not so sure about the Casts - they should be able to get infected just as easily, but I can't think of what the infection might do to one.

Well yeah, I guess in a way if you go the ways of how they were created like Nei and such seeing how Beasts were the same concept on PSU as well.
Would be crazy though to think newmans to beast would somewhat be like a 2nd transformation from human though, lol.

EDIT: If it's pretty much a "Darker infested" form than anything, it don't even have to be beast. They could make an all new form for newmans that's contaminated by dark enemies. Won't know a name but they can be more enhanced in their mental abilities and probably accuracy/criticals?

Casts and Caseals I'm not really sure though. They were the 1st to be contaminated though, PS-wise weren't they?
All those casts that got infected by the seed in story mode that attacked you and such. But those didn't seem too different from a normal cast though. So I'm not really sure.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 10, 2012, 02:01 AM
Added a bit more to my post above.

[Ayumi]
Nov 10, 2012, 02:07 AM
Updated as well.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 10, 2012, 02:21 AM
@Ayumi: Yeah, I was just going along with the idea of different races being corrupted differently. The laziest way is the one I suggested earlier - an AC ticket to turn your character permanently (but only cosmetically) into an infested/boosted form. :3

As for who got corrupted first, there's not much that's literally infected in the Classic series outside of various mother computers - more possessions than infections. In PSO, that's only Rico, Flowen, Pollux and Castor (I think), with all the rest being possessed to some degree. I didn't play PSU much, but while I think only humans were represented as dewmans in Infinity, there's probably nothing stopping a newman or beast from technically becoming one. Infection hasn't been a big theme before Infinity really.