PDA

View Full Version : You may not know that SEGA has UPGRADED the Friend Partner AI

Acel
Nov 8, 2012, 07:31 PM
This is not mentioned anywhere but after extensive testing by myself on my various accounts(also I do not know what you guys call/use for the AI names in the eng ver).

The OLD friend partner AI (before 7th Nov):
1. Only uses the weapon registered in slot 1
2. Only uses PAs/Techs in the weapon palette that are registered on the weapon in slot 1 (ie, not use PAs on a different weapon in slot 2, but will also use PAs on the same weapon on slot 3)
3. Only Uses PAs/Techs on the sub palette that are from the main class. (ie, Hu/Fo the AI will not use Resta even if its on the sub palette)
4. Will not execute some skills like Freeze Ignition/Poison Ignition.
5. Will only use Gunblade in sword mode.

The NEW friend partner AI (after 7th Nov):
1. Uses all weapons registered on the weapon palette. (eg. Launcher in slot 1, Rifle in slot 2, Gunblade in slot 3)
2. Uses all PA/Tech on the weapon palette/weapon as long the class can switch into it.
3. Uses everything that is on the sub palette including skills/PA/Techs from sub class, ie Hu/Fo will now use Resta even if they are holding a sword. If you have mates and Resta on the palette they will use either.
4. Will execute skills like Poison Ignition etc.
5. Will use Gunblade in Gun mode.
6. They will switch weapons to the one more suited to the situation. ie Gunblade sword mode when the enemy is close (in this example above)/ Gunblade gun mode when the enemy is air borne etc.

Also, those that have bought that Dengeki PSO2 guidebook that gave you the item code for the Scythe (sword). Please take note that the book mentioned that the character traits (Shy, Poser/showoff, Wise etc) does nothing. That is WRONG. In fact, they actually determine how your character will MOVE around in battle which is like the MOST important factor for a good AI.
Also, the same AI setting will have different results depending on different weapons (because of attack speed/range/recovery etc). This is important because if you like me; like to run around alone when friends are offline but need the AI to help increase the mob spawns yet not be a burden, then please choose your AI traits carefully.

Eg. of good Character traits for Hunter (Sword):
1. Weak/sickly
This character trait will make the character avoid staying in front of the enemy while constantly strafting to the sides and keeping distance whenever possible. Even when surrounded, it will always keep strafting away. It is good because the sword has a very slow startup swing and recovery, against mobs like the "headbutt monkeys" in Forest it is a must if you want your AI not to die.

Eg. of bad Character traits for Hunter (Sword):
1. Chosen aka Hero, Leadership(always initiate attack first) or Reckless(attack more, heal less)
These character trait are terrible for Hunters with sword because the weapon swings too slowly and as they approach head on, they are easily interrupted by the enemy mid swing. On the otherhand, if the Friend Partner AI is using Double Daggers or Double Sabers, its a totally different thing altogether.

And please take note that some settings cancel each other out and/or it will make your AI behave erratically.
eg. Likes dangerous situations + Total defense
The first one makes your character more aggressive when the health bar is "red" while the second one makes your character avoid "unnecessary contact" whenever possible. What happens here is when your character goes into red health, it will either a. attack non-stop until it dies or b. backoff after going forward repeatedly and not doing anything at all.

Until I have / can finalise the rest of my findings I will leave my post as such. Have fun experimenting! :P

Sparzyle
Nov 8, 2012, 07:36 PM
I was wondering why my other Hunter and Force NPCs used their gunslash...thanks for the info (:

Syklo
Nov 8, 2012, 07:49 PM
One thing I'd like to know......

WHICH SUBPALETTE DOES THE AI USE?

If you say "the first one", do you mean the first one of the equpped BOOK? (i.e. palette 4 for book 2).

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 8, 2012, 07:55 PM
...Does Tsundere+Likes Women work with RAFO?

Macman
Nov 8, 2012, 08:04 PM
Well now I have to update my NPC to ONLY have the rifle equipped. As bots are only useful for weak bullet. :L

Touka
Nov 8, 2012, 08:06 PM
I had my suspicions when Xeno took out his gunblade and used Aiming Shot but it's nice to know that they upgraded npc behavior.

Xaeris
Nov 8, 2012, 08:09 PM
I noticed my friends' bots were changing weapons today. I thought maybe they always did that and I was just really really unobservant, so it's good to know that there's been an update to the bots.

Acel
Nov 8, 2012, 08:10 PM
One thing I'd like to know......

WHICH SUBPALETTE DOES THE AI USE?

If you say "the first one", do you mean the first one of the equpped BOOK? (i.e. palette 4 for book 2).

Have not tested that one yet but the old one used Sub Palette No. 1 only. Make sure you have the right one on when you register...

Acel
Nov 8, 2012, 08:13 PM
Well now I have to update my NPC to ONLY have the rifle equipped. As bots are only useful for weak bullet. :L

My friend's bot used Weak bullet on the rifle and swapped to Grenade launcher. I thought that was awesome because usually they would use ALL on the SAME stupid spot anyway before you have time to capitalize on them. Id rather bring one more Friend AI with Weak bullet instead (backup/diff usuage timing etc).

Acel
Nov 8, 2012, 08:16 PM
...Does Tsundere+Likes Women work with RAFO?

Tsudere means to heal the player when the hp is low.
Likes women is a chance to trigger a short duration self shifta+deband buff when female characters are in the party.
They work separately for different purposes.

Porkmaster
Nov 8, 2012, 08:21 PM
So wait, they upgraded Friend Partner AI to make the game even easier? How about some upgraded monster AI?

Angelo
Nov 8, 2012, 08:30 PM
So wait, they upgraded Friend Partner AI to make the game even easier? How about some upgraded monster AI?

Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed one or two things.

It seems like since the patch those Darker Fish things have become more aggressive and Quartz' homing missles are more accurate.

Could just be my imagination though.

Acel
Nov 8, 2012, 08:47 PM

It seems like since the patch those Darker Fish things have become more aggressive and Quartz' homing missles are more accurate.

I was just thinking about those bloody fishes too. Coincidence? :P

Takatsuki
Nov 8, 2012, 08:48 PM
What would be good friend partner traits for a FI/FO?

Skye-Fox713
Nov 8, 2012, 08:57 PM
was wondering about that after I saw some of the npc's I was using were changing weapons. I'll have to check my npc's settings to make sure they are ok.

Porkmaster
Nov 8, 2012, 09:00 PM

Oho! This is a good sign. Perhaps I underestimated SEGA. If they keep on improving, I definitely need to play again. I'm almost tempted to play right now.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 8, 2012, 09:12 PM
I was wondering why it was so fail before

So, since you seem so knowledgeable about what the personalities do, is there a list I can see somewhere?

Macman
Nov 8, 2012, 09:14 PM
Ran into a De Malmoth in ruins and it was attacking way faster than it ever did back in Tundra.

Porkmaster
Nov 8, 2012, 09:21 PM
Ran into a De Malmoth in ruins and it was attacking way faster than it ever did back in Tundra.

Good, good! I guess they are upgrading some enemy AI because of the smarter Friend Partner AI. If you find out anything else, lemme know. :)

Zyrusticae
Nov 8, 2012, 09:21 PM
I'm beginning to think that VH actually introduced speed increases, they just weren't noticeable enough to most players to make a difference (especially since everything still dies at the same speed in MPs).

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2012, 09:23 PM

Those NPC's with penalized damage that couldn't res you because that's the only thing that you would actually want an NPC to do, besides die for you in a boss's grab attack?

The ones that still can't res you?

Yeah, all the upgrading to their AI in the world won't matter if they still can't res you.

otaku998
Nov 8, 2012, 09:23 PM
I did notice that somehow the mob are actually being more aggressive than before. Although you can only notice still when you are alone or with a few players, in full party MPA they still die too fast to notice.

Acel
Nov 8, 2012, 09:24 PM
What would be good friend partner traits for a FI/FO?

That is such a hard question to answer. Many things have to be taken into consideration before anybody can answer it correctly...

1. What is the main weapon type you will be using.
2. How often do you want the character to use the weapon.
3. What role do you want your character's AI to play? Frontline Offense? Backline Support?
4. How long do you want your character to survive in the field?
5. Does it need to fare well against bosses?
6. Is there a particular style or impression you want your character to portray/leave behind?

eg. a funny "Japanese punk" AI "sample" setting:

Male, Ranger (Launcher) / any sub, preferably with the Super Big Elvis hair.
1. Reckless/Poser
2. Attack small targets
3. Love women
Have only Rodeo Drive registered for the Launcher.
Set autochat for joining the game to "Hi girls!"
Set the autochat for attack to "Wooh baby!"
Set the autochat for PA to "weeeweeet! (whistle) Hey girl wanna ride!?" (Rodeo Drive)
Set the autochat for Skill activation to "Lets get it On baby!" (if any like eg. Weak bullet, additional)

You get the picture. :P

Porkmaster
Nov 8, 2012, 09:29 PM
I'm beginning to think that VH actually introduced speed increases, they just weren't noticeable enough to most players to make a difference (especially since everything still dies at the same speed in MPs).

You think that it may provide at least a small challenge if someone decides to solo?

Those NPC's with penalized damage that couldn't res you because that's the only thing that you would actually want an NPC to do, besides die for you in a boss's grab attack?

Yeah, those ones. I heard dodging is hard.

Acel
Nov 8, 2012, 09:31 PM

Yeah, all the upgrading to their AI in the world won't matter if they still can't res you.

Actually, other than the Mag finally reviving you with Res A(I have it on the first slot on all 6 of my mags now), the AI DOES revive you. PROVIDED it does a good job to STAY ALIVE in the first place and be VERY CLOSE TO YOU when you die AND HAVE moon atomizers REGISTERED on the character's sub palette with the RESURRECTION AI setting chosen. Then the chance of it happening is there...

Acel
Nov 8, 2012, 09:35 PM
You think that it may provide at least a small challenge if someone decides to solo?

Yeah, those ones. I heard dodging is hard.

Try Soloing the new bosses in Ruins on VHard without using anything that can block/just guard or weak bullet. :P

Porkmaster
Nov 8, 2012, 09:36 PM
Try Soloing the new bosses in Ruins on VHard without using anything that can block/just guard or weak bullet. :P

'Kay! Now wait 6 hours while I update my client.

Takatsuki
Nov 8, 2012, 11:22 PM
That is such a hard question to answer. Many things have to be taken into consideration before anybody can answer it correctly...

1. What is the main weapon type you will be using.
2. How often do you want the character to use the weapon.
3. What role do you want your character's AI to play? Frontline Offense? Backline Support?
4. How long do you want your character to survive in the field?
5. Does it need to fare well against bosses?
6. Is there a particular style or impression you want your character to portray/leave behind?

eg. a funny "Japanese punk" AI "sample" setting:

Male, Ranger (Launcher) / any sub, preferably with the Super Big Elvis hair.
1. Reckless/Poser
2. Attack small targets
3. Love women
Have only Rodeo Drive registered for the Launcher.
Set autochat for joining the game to "Hi girls!"
Set the autochat for attack to "Wooh baby!"
Set the autochat for PA to "weeeweeet! (whistle) Hey girl wanna ride!?" (Rodeo Drive)
Set the autochat for Skill activation to "Lets get it On baby!" (if any like eg. Weak bullet, additional)

You get the picture. :P

Ummm....
Likes to kill stuff
Likes to heal people when they're low on HP
Any fighter weapons, I guess.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 8, 2012, 11:56 PM
Noticed the change yesterday when I was on for a short run. This is good news for sure, since I can re-equip Crystal's friend partner with the Nishiki as her main weapon. Though I think I'd better change her from using Leadership to something more effective.

Time to start looking at what each item does again.

Acel
Nov 9, 2012, 07:52 AM
Ummm....
Likes to kill stuff
Likes to heal people when they're low on HP
Any fighter weapons, I guess.

1. Likes to kill stuff.

What kind of stuff? Big enemies? Small and/or medium sized enemies? Darkers? All?

Using normal attacks or PAs/Techs?

Attack intensively or smartly?

2. Likes to heal people when they're low on HP.

Players or NPC including?

Using items or Techs?

How often?

3. Any fighter weapons...

Each weapon has different reach and properties (eg. Double Daggers normal attacks having auto just guards) and they have very different PAs eg. Rumbling Moon stuns at the last hit. Be specific!

Skills involved. eg. Double saber gear/Double Dagger gear (requires you to be frequently airborne to capitalize). Some AI settings tend to jump/jump attack/jump combo a lot more than others. You have to know what you want first!

The role its supposed to play. Combo assist-or? (joins in to attack the enemy after you made contact or after you back off) Support (using PAs that dizzy/stun like Rumbling Moon etc).

The character trait is more complicated than you think! Im still trying to figure out the obvious differences in some of them.

Ps: do you know apparently Dojiko makes your AI trip/fall down occasionally while running? Ive somebody told me about it before and Ive yet to confirm it myself cos its way way WAY down on the to-test list... (it was on one of my early Force loli builds :P)

Meji
Nov 9, 2012, 08:16 AM
I had no idea about this. Thanks for the heads up!

Tyruka
Nov 9, 2012, 11:19 AM

Least they're good at being Decoy's ^^;; But the new update makes it where sometimes they'd dodge rather then lunging themselves at the Bosses lol

nadespam
Nov 9, 2012, 01:21 PM
After the patch Onxyia deep breaths more, this needs to be fixed.:innocent:

Syklo
Nov 9, 2012, 09:32 PM
I'd just like to point this out:

After reading a few loading screen tips (yes those exist now, and I can somewhat read them), it says that a friend partner will use Sub-Palette 1.

So I guess that hasn't changed then.....bummer