PDA

View Full Version : sword sounds kinda broken

Alisha
Nov 8, 2012, 09:17 PM
so i wont be using one. EVER...
just like how i refused to use twin sabers in psp2/i

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2012, 09:18 PM
Sword is OP and gunner needs a boost. Force also has the worst damage.

otaku998
Nov 8, 2012, 09:19 PM
huh what happened? All i ever heard is people complaining Hunter being trash/crap and underpowered. This is new.

Macman
Nov 8, 2012, 09:19 PM
Good for you, OP.

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 8, 2012, 09:24 PM
huh what happened? All i ever heard is people complaining Hunter being trash/crap and underpowered. This is new.

Some sort of opposite day or something.

Drifting Fable
Nov 8, 2012, 09:44 PM
Sword is broken? This is a new startling realization.

BIG OLAF
Nov 8, 2012, 09:46 PM
It's really not broken. I can't think of one melee weapon that has so much advantage over all others that it would be considered"broken".

Lostbob117
Nov 8, 2012, 09:50 PM
Try Wired lances with heavenly fall with the gear.

Dinosaur
Nov 8, 2012, 10:01 PM
It's really not broken. I can't think of one melee weapon that has so much advantage over all others that it would be considered"broken".

Double Saber + Deadly Archer's single target damage is pretty absurd.

Griffin
Nov 8, 2012, 10:02 PM
Try Wired lances with heavenly fall with the gear.

This.

Wired Lances are OP and you don't even have to be able to grab a boss to do massive single-hit damage with some PAs. And then being able to spam grab regular enemies and keeping them from acting adds to that.

BIG OLAF
Nov 8, 2012, 10:31 PM
Double Saber + Deadly Archer's single target damage is pretty absurd.

"Pretty absurd" indeed, but not enough so for it for be "broken".

gravityvx
Nov 8, 2012, 10:34 PM
I can't tell who in this thread is being sarcastic and who's being serious.

Kondibon
Nov 8, 2012, 10:36 PM

I concur.

otaku998
Nov 8, 2012, 10:43 PM
Pretty sure it is the former

EvilMag
Nov 8, 2012, 11:18 PM
Good = Broken according to this community.

gigawuts
Nov 8, 2012, 11:41 PM
I refuse to use swords because they are good and will instead use speed rainx3

The Walrus
Nov 9, 2012, 12:08 AM
Speed Rain needs a buff, it's so woefully underpowered

GoldenFalcon
Nov 9, 2012, 12:13 AM
Yeah, even Trick Rave is better, and don't get me started on Slide End (or any other new PA)

Titan
Nov 9, 2012, 12:30 AM
Melee is broken, just spam Dus Skadd, Dus Majarra and Chikki. Jabroga got nerfed to hell... Oh wait where am I again?

Griffin
Nov 9, 2012, 12:57 AM

Dammit. Can't...unread this...

For the record, I was serious.

Skyly HUmar
Nov 9, 2012, 01:04 AM
ehh... far from broken, but good. pretty much any weapon can be really good if you use it right.

Z-0
Nov 9, 2012, 06:41 AM
Hunters being trash/underpowered is like the furthest thing from the truth. They're like one of the most efficient classes in the game.

But I guess MPAs are all that matters in this game, right? :-?

jooozek
Nov 9, 2012, 06:44 AM
Hunter is so OP, they look so mild in MPAs but when no one is looking they shit beams outta their asses. All the ranking winners aren't bots, they are in fact players who want to be incognito and abuse hunter ass beams.

Coatl
Nov 9, 2012, 07:25 AM
You think Hunters are garbage? Try playing force. My rod does like 300 dmg to enemies, my hunter sword does like 1000 dmg. That's asinine. Not going to play force unless Sakai learns how to make classes balanced.

redroses
Nov 9, 2012, 07:46 AM
Somehow I had no idea what the OP ment, and thought he is talking about the SOUND the swords make, and he doesn't like that sound and out of that reason will not use them.

.-.

otaku998
Nov 9, 2012, 07:58 AM
Somehow that seems totally possible. But then again, OP might just feel like starting this thread with a vague sentence, take popcorn and watch it unfold like this. It's a trap!

Coatl
Nov 9, 2012, 08:00 AM
Doodoo would be more than happy to look at your sword if it's making weird noises. ^^

eharima
Nov 9, 2012, 08:04 AM
Yah, having knuckle range is broken.

Meji
Nov 9, 2012, 08:28 AM
Doodoo would be more than happy to look at your sword if it's making weird noises. ^^Now that you mention it, my sword has started sounding a little rusty lately.
Oh God, please, not Dr.Doodoo... :no:
You'll make everyone turn off the Sound Effects when playing Hunter if this goes on. Ignorance is bliss~

Zyrusticae
Nov 9, 2012, 11:09 AM
You think Hunters are garbage? Try playing force. My rod does like 300 dmg to enemies, my hunter sword does like 1000 dmg. That's asinine. Not going to play force unless Sakai learns how to make classes balanced.
Not sure if sarcasm... :-?

gigawuts
Nov 9, 2012, 11:40 AM

Don't even get me started on rifles, where's the melee button? How do I assassinate the enemy players?

Griffin
Nov 9, 2012, 01:21 PM

It IS sarcasm! I can tell for once!

Galax
Nov 9, 2012, 01:57 PM
Guys my mechguns don't shoot enough bullets.

Maybe I should buy a Vladof?

BIG OLAF
Nov 9, 2012, 01:58 PM
Guys my mechguns don't shoot enough bullets.

Maybe I should buy a Vladof?

No, get a Bandit. Those clips are huge.

Galax
Nov 9, 2012, 02:25 PM
Okay.

What about my launcher. It doesn't blow up enough stuff. Can I just get a new class of gun and a new class to go with it that only uses grenades and launchers and name it Heavy Gunner, then give it a gun that shoots those explosive barrels?

Let's do that.

blace
Nov 9, 2012, 02:32 PM
Need more explosions? Get a Torgue gun that shoots rockets! If that ain't enough get a Tediore gun.

So, uh, what's going on?

Galax
Nov 9, 2012, 04:55 PM
We're all screwing around and being sarcastic, I think

Should I call Sokka? The Meat and Sarcasm Guy?

BurstZX
Nov 9, 2012, 06:52 PM
Why isnt anyone taking survivability/Difficulty of class into account rather than just basing it off damage. Why wouldn't a slow attacking class deal high damage? Why would a class that has the ability to heal, be able to hit the weak point on monsters while being on the opposite side(Not worrying about positioning) get to do high damage? That isn't exactly underpowered...

Galax
Nov 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
^I thank you for being reasonable about this and looking into the possibility that not all classes are meant to be I WALK INTO ROOM NOW MOBS DEAD.

If people want that, they're looking for PSO style HUcast. You go into an area, blink, and EVERYTHING DIES because it's terrified of your ATP. Kind of how it went.

We don't have a HUcast like that anymore. Maybe with Sword Gear + Sonic Arrow, or Deadly Archer at all. That's what I hear.
If you want power, go spam SG+SA/DADADADADADADADA on HU and/or FI.
If you want to be flashy and still be decent, go Gunner and have fun spinning and flipping and storming things with bullets and facekicks.
If you want to be AoE king, go be FO or TE and spam those techs to hell n back.
If you want to be Launchernuking and Utilityman, go Ranger and whip out a launcher, knock mobs into the air, ride it forward, roll, throw a stunnade, lay an upper trap, and ride it away before setting off the trap and watching everything die.

If you want to suck, fuck up your skilltrees and use 1*s 24/7 and die on purpose.

Other than this, I don't see many ways you can suck, unless you're TRYING. Seriously, the mob AI is so easy to understand, you have to TRY to suck. It's that kind of game so far, from what I've seen - If you're in a run with a friend, and your Friend Partner is playing better than you are, you're probably doing something wrong.

GCoffee
Nov 10, 2012, 07:46 PM
If there is still a weapon left that does not kill an entire wave of enemies within the second they spawn, than that weapon is actually the one - the only one - that is not broken. I wish Blizzard would frakkin own this game for once and pull a Diablo move so all the 2-seconds-a-kill-whiners could start whining for real.