PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible!?

DoubleCannon
Nov 9, 2012, 11:27 AM
Just a crazy idea. though have no idea if this would work. Using fighter and hunter as sub.. Can you use guard Stance with a fighters stance? example.. guard stance +200 defence + Wise stance. would they both be active? Or do the stance rules apply.

*stance can not be used in conjunction with different skills. I will be overwritten by those who use later. This is stated on the hunter skill tree. I was not sure if being fighter a different class and a different tree could mean you could you 2 stances at once just not on same skill tree stances.

Anyone able to confirm or deny this?

gigawuts
Nov 9, 2012, 11:28 AM
Yeah, this has been discussed in both hunter and fighter threads I believe.

DoubleCannon
Nov 9, 2012, 11:29 AM
Yeah, this has been discussed in both hunter and fighter threads I believe.

yeah as in you can use both at same time? O_o

Meji
Nov 9, 2012, 11:30 AM
I mainly play with Brave Stance and Fury Stance active all the time. So, yeah, it works.

More info can be found here:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200870

gigawuts
Nov 9, 2012, 11:31 AM
Uh, yeah.

Each class' stances only cancels out the other stance from that class.

Fury only cancels Guard and V.V.
Wise only cancels Brave and V.V.
This means both a hunter stance and a fighter stance can be active simultaneously. This is how I play 90% of the time.

This is part of what makes fighter/hunter and hunter/fighter so great with its damage yields, if you can get up to the target anyway. It seems enemies have been balanced around this, however, because you still only really seem as powerful as in hard at level 40. Still, it's stronger than subbing something besides the second melee class.

DoubleCannon
Nov 9, 2012, 11:33 AM
wooow thanks for the quick replys my tanker is now gonna have 1900+ Sdef lmao overkill

gigawuts
Nov 9, 2012, 11:34 AM
Erm, you're not thinking wise stance boosts defense, are you?

Fighter stances are purely offensive, and only multiply damage dealt - no modifiers to atk or def.

DoubleCannon
Nov 9, 2012, 11:36 AM
I am fighter with nearly 1700 S-def with no guard stance.. lv 10 gives +200 defence with a small -100 attack. woopie lol. So ya my hunter at level 40>50 means more bonus stats and with guard stance combined with wise or brave stance I will have over 1900 S-def and still output massive damage thanks to wise / brave =D

gigawuts
Nov 9, 2012, 11:38 AM
Ah I see, in that case that'll work great. Out of curiosity are you investing in the other guard stance skills that raise r-def and t-def? S-def is nice, but isn't really a hunter's biggest threat.

DoubleCannon
Nov 9, 2012, 11:41 AM
Ah I see, in that case that'll work great. Out of curiosity are you investing in the other guard stance skills that raise r-def and t-def? S-def is nice, but isn't really a hunter's biggest threat.

well does guard stance raise all defence or just strike? I figured it would raise all 3 since fury raises more than just strike? If it does raise all 3 I would end up with over 1200 R-def and T-def.. atm they are just over 1k each.

Zorafim
Nov 9, 2012, 11:45 AM
They stack, yes. But it's not really that big of a deal. Brave stance increases damage by what, 60%? And guard stance decreases atk by 100 points? If you're doing 100 damage per hit, and it's decreased to 90 because of guard stance, you'll be doing 144 damage with wise. If fury stance would take you to 110 damage, then wise will give you 176 per hit. If guard/wise still seems great to you, then enjoy!

well does guard stance raise all defence or just strike?

Just Strike, while lowering Strike and Ranged attack. It's the opposite of Fury, which lowers Strike defense while raising Strike and Ranged attack.

gigawuts
Nov 9, 2012, 11:45 AM
No, the way it works with hunter skills is your s-atk & r-atk are either buffed or debuffed, and only your s-def is buffed or debuffed.

So to get any benefit with t-def and r-def you'd need to invest in the new guard stance skills. Sounds like you have some pretty sick units buffing your def, though, which is great.

Also, do you use the automate halfline skill, or iron will? How about war cry?