PDA

View Full Version : Please Please Help!! Did I mess up my Mag?

Starchild
Nov 9, 2012, 12:54 PM
Hi - I am so mad at myself. I was following Banjo's mag guide really closely (or at least I thought) and think I messed up. Please tell me if this can be corrected.

I am trying to make the Carina Mag

I fed my Mag trimates and canes until lvl 30 when it evolved into Lepus. After Lepus (Strike + abi > Tech) AND (Strike > Ranged) so I have been feeding it Strike Weapons. Not realizing that Tech has to always be the highest to keep the evolution Lepus.

At Lepus lvl 75 STRIKE was up to 34 and TECH was at 14. It evolved into Lyra... UGH.

I know from your guide I need the mag in Lepus for and (Strike + abi > Tech) AND (Strike > Ranged) at Lvl 100 to get Carina.

So, I have been force feeding it Trimates and Canes to get TECH highest again.

Currently my mag is Lyra lvl 79. TECH is lvl 18 and STRIKE is still lvl 34. AND I messed up even more. By feeding it trimates it also increased TECH DEF… So by increasing ONLY TECH at this point will put me at LVL 96 when TECH is highest again. Will it evolve BACK into Lepus so at LVL 100 with (Strike + abi > Tech) AND (Strike > Ranged) it will evolve into Carina?

Or am I totally screwed?

I know LVLs are permanent, but is there a way to de-evolve a support LVL only? probably not - Just asking.

Last question… Assuming that I can not recover, what is the name of the item that I can purchase with AC to revert the mag and start over? What vendor do I purchase it from?

Thanks so much for this info!!!!

- Star

eharima
Nov 9, 2012, 12:55 PM
Just use the sato mag cell. ^^

MissMalice
Nov 9, 2012, 01:06 PM
Well, its not just that simple of getting the Sato MAG. You have to buy premium for that. And not everyone can [or just plain doesn't want to] fork out the money for that.

Edit: Yeah, it looks like for the Sato MAG that you have to buy the $80 Premium Box set or something.
Edit Again: Did some more research. You can apparently buy the Sato MAG from a player shop. The only problem is actually finding one for sale.
Triple Edit: If you feel like dishing out $100 for the Premium package for a Sato, here ya go: http://www.play-asia.com/Phantasy_Star_Online_2_Premium_Package/paOS-13-49-en-70-59a3.html

If you want to try forcing back some levels to keep it from progressing in certain aspects while you raise Tech, usually feeding it certain My Room items will help. I think Banjo's guide actually has a feeding chart towards the end/middle that'll tell you what kinds of items decrease and increase certain aspects.

Honestly, I have to give you props for shooting for Carina. I gave up after like an hour. =/ I have a couple of friends in-game that have Carinas, so maybe I can get one of them to post their MAG's stats.

If in the end you have to start over, its actually cheaper to just buy a whole new MAG rather than the reset.

マグ獲得チケット 300AC [New MAG ticket]
マグリセットデバイス 500AC [Reset MAG ticket]

You buy these straight from the AC shop. If you view all the items and then sort by price, the New MAG ticket is second from the very bottom from the list.

Shirokami
Nov 9, 2012, 02:43 PM
Well, your mag will try to evolve every 5 levels, so if you go up from 99 to 101 it won't evolve, and you still have chances to get what you wanted.
Also, you'll have to skip 105 110 115 120, etc

Starchild
Nov 9, 2012, 03:04 PM
Well, your mag will try to evolve every 5 levels, so if you go up from 99 to 101 it won't evolve, and you still have chances to get what you wanted.
Also, you'll have to skip 105 110 115 120, etc

if things stay the way they are I will have TECH highest at lvl 96.... at what LVL will it revert back to Lepus? I was under the impression that at LVL 100 it is game over...

Can you explain a bit further?

jooozek
Nov 9, 2012, 04:27 PM
What exactly you want Carina for? For the PB? You can change now Photon Blasts with devices from the EXCube NPC, each device costs 8 EXCubes (unconfirmed info: you get excubes after you get to level 50, 2 excubes for every 1.1M or so).

Link1275
Nov 9, 2012, 04:31 PM
if things stay the way they are I will have TECH highest at lvl 96.... at what LVL will it revert back to Lepus? I was under the impression that at LVL 100 it is game over...

Can you explain a bit further?
As I recall, at level 95 your mag is locked into it's specific family, eg tech, strike, ranged, or dex.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 9, 2012, 10:35 PM
You don't need premium to get a Sato mag, you just need to buy the boxset (which incidently comes with 30 days premium) or buy one of the Mag Cells on the MyShop market.

To the OP: What is your combined T-Atk and T-Def? I'm fairly certain that Lepus takes into account combined T-Stats, not just T-Atk. Regarding your question about Tech only overtaking Strike after level 96... you must have Lepus before level 95, otherwise you have to start over again.

However, if you play long enough, the ExCube shop now presents a partial solution. If all you wanted was Carina's PB like jooosek is suggesting, then you can purchase a special PB device that will change your mag's PB, but you need to reach level 50 and earn several levels worth of EXP to earn ExCubes.

Anyway, without knowing the complete stats of your mag, we can't really say whether its a lost cause or not.

RocK_M
Nov 10, 2012, 08:00 AM
IIRC from the MAG raising guide - HERE (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197304)

Both Defense and Attack type are added together. So as long as your Tech Def + Tech becomes higher than all your other three stats it should revert back to a Lepus