PDA

View Full Version : I Keep Getting This Error Message! Please Help?

PE4CE14
Nov 9, 2012, 11:06 PM
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af260/PE4CE_bucket/ScreenShot2012-11-09at95144PM.png
Okay, so my friday night agenda, was to play PSO2 FOR A LONG TIME. But, I cannot play!

Please help! I cannot open PSO2 (well I can, but I can't get into the lobby!) Its Error. 630
what does it mean and how do I fix it?

If you guys could help me, I'd be very happy.

NotRankin
Nov 9, 2012, 11:23 PM
Error 630 is a disconnection error. It might be because your running it on a parallel desktop instead of it's own windows partition (I honestly don't know, I don't have a mac to try to replicate this).

Others might know, but that's the only thing I can think of.

blace
Nov 9, 2012, 11:25 PM
Have you been playing this before or is this the first time trying to connect?

PE4CE14
Nov 9, 2012, 11:27 PM
I have ran this many times and it worked completely fine. Ever since this update it's been SO ANNOYING. So, theres no way to fix it?

PE4CE14
Nov 9, 2012, 11:29 PM
Error 630 is a disconnection error. It might be because your running it on a parallel desktop instead of it's own windows partition (I honestly don't know, I don't have a mac to try to replicate this).

Others might know, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Thats not it... I really want to get it working! please help!

blace
Nov 9, 2012, 11:29 PM
You can try looking at alternative methods to running Windows based games on Macs, but it could be due to configuration errors.

PE4CE14
Nov 9, 2012, 11:36 PM
You can try looking at alternative methods to running Windows based games on Macs, but it could be due to configuration errors.

Why do that? I've done this so many times, ever since the update. Its been a problem.. Are you guys able to login?

MissMalice
Nov 9, 2012, 11:51 PM
Yep, been on with no disconnects since yesterday's emergency maintenance.

Really dunno what to tell ya. Error 630 [according to the information I found via Google] means Server Disconnection. If the server goes down, your internet lags out, etc., that's the error you get.

It would help if we knew at EXACTLY which point you're getting the message. Is it sometime during the opening SEGA, NVIDIA, cinematic video? Is it right after you select your ship? While waiting to port into the lobby?

PE4CE14
Nov 10, 2012, 12:03 AM
Yep, been on with no disconnects since yesterday's emergency maintenance.

Really dunno what to tell ya. Error 630 [according to the information I found via Google] means Server Disconnection. If the server goes down, your internet lags out, etc., that's the error you get.

It would help if we knew at EXACTLY which point you're getting the message. Is it sometime during the opening SEGA, NVIDIA, cinematic video? Is it right after you select your ship? While waiting to port into the lobby?

Okay, I get a little laggy when the SEGA slide appears (But that happens all the time, I usually just skip it and move on) Then, NVIDIA is perfect. And then During the SEGA slide, Its perfect.
Then, when I get to the loading screen to port in the lobby, it freezes.. What does that mean?

Crystal_Shard
Nov 10, 2012, 12:14 AM
Have you eliminated the usual suspects after a large update? (Windows Permissions fix, new GG update screwing up antivirus or other things, internet connection is spotty, etc) You can also try running a File Check (third option from the launcher's menu if memory serves) to see if your files are all working. There's also the possibilty that Sega flags virtualization as potential cheating activity, but you'd need to find another person with your exact setup to compare notes with.

If all else fails, I'd chalk it up to GG misbehaving, in which case you're out of luck until Sega changes it.

PE4CE14
Nov 10, 2012, 12:44 AM
So, like, can you simplify that for me? lol
what is GG? Windows Permissons? o_o

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 12:53 AM
Game Guard could be the problem. However, I've no idea on how the Windows permissions would play out in virtual machine.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 10, 2012, 12:59 AM
@Blace: It shouls work the same way it does on a non virtual system I should think. Having it run on top of OSX shouldn't change anything.

@PE4CE14:

GG is Game Guard and tends to cause trouble if it feels you're running something suspicious. In this case, Sega may have added virtual machines to the list of suspicious activities.

Windows Permission Fix is related to Windows User Account Control preventing PSO 2 from making changes to your system. I can't give you the link for that as it's against forum terms of service. Google it

The rest is standard troubleshooting of your virtual machine, hardware and internet connection.

PE4CE14
Nov 10, 2012, 12:59 AM
How do I fix my Gameguard??

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 01:01 AM
You don't, it's a server sided program to detect third party programs and intervenes with possible third party software.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 10, 2012, 01:02 AM
^

Like Blace said. Which is why I said that you're out of luck if it's GG misbehaving because of your unique setup.

PE4CE14
Nov 10, 2012, 01:07 AM
Okay. So, sorry I have no idea how this stuff works.

What do I do, to make this right?
I tried checking my files, It changed everything back to Japanese again, and its still freezing. Like basically what is does is for like the first second on the loading screen its smooth, then it doesnt freeze completely, it freezes, and then moves a little. IT TAKES FOREVER. And its ever since its been this update.

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 01:09 AM
You should probably heed my suggestion and try a different method to run the game. It may be possible that GameGuard is stopping the game from functioning properly.

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 01:14 AM
it says something related to your other application. This game crashes easy, especially if you have other games/apps running that uses similar resources.

PE4CE14
Nov 10, 2012, 01:15 AM
You should probably heed my suggestion and try a different method to run the game. It may be possible that GameGuard is stopping the game from functioning properly.
but that means download PSO2 again completely. And you & I both know how long that takes.. What Parallel system should I use? I had Bootcamp that is already like "Partially" Installed, it just needs a disc it can backup on. Ill do that. But won't it use the same GameGuard? I have nProtect, is that what everyone has?

PE4CE14
Nov 10, 2012, 01:21 AM
it says something related to your other application. This game crashes easy, especially if you have other games/apps running that uses similar resources.
like what? give me an example

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 01:21 AM
nProtect is the company that supplies GameGuard. I can only suggest backing up the game and its files and try a different boot method. I have not been a fan of proprietary programs and limitations.