PDA

View Full Version : So ranger & gunner has became useless class now?

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 12:49 AM
I almost don't seem to see anyone else playing RA / GU in MPAs anymore. As well my personal opinion of the class why it is a useless class now,

1. U can hardly land WB properly on any of the hyper-active-new bosses. And a lot of spots are non-lockable.
2. Even if you can land WB, u are likely to miss 80% of your PA shots on it.
3. Normal hits/PA dmg of RA / GU are a joke. (maybe with only exception for ER?)
4. GU has a lot of endurance dodge which isn't exactly too useful since GU can't take much hits?

Anyone has similar thoughts?

BIG OLAF
Nov 10, 2012, 12:51 AM
Good lord god, no. Gunner is some overpowered bullshit (someone give this man that video....yeah, you know the one). I dunno what the recent verdict on Ranger is, though. Probably similar.

Griffin
Nov 10, 2012, 12:52 AM
Maybe it's just you.

gravityvx
Nov 10, 2012, 12:52 AM
What....?

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 12:53 AM
I played ranger/gunner for 30 minutes and didn't feel as good as the other 11 players combined

boost my class this is bullshit

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 12:54 AM
Overpowered? Links pls.

Griffin
Nov 10, 2012, 12:55 AM
Overpowered? Links pls.

Could ask you the same thing, genius.

Gen2000
Nov 10, 2012, 12:55 AM

You crazy.

Is it like bizarro day on this forum or something?

Grifs Astoni
Nov 10, 2012, 01:00 AM
RAs and GUs are useless now! The end is at hand!

Joking aside, maybe it's just you though.

Coatl
Nov 10, 2012, 01:04 AM
Eh. I think RA/GU is outclassed by RA/HU. If you are going RA/GU, you're going it because of the launcher right? Hunter provides better skills for launcher than gunner does. This is assuming you just want to MP efficiently.

GU/RA on the other hand...is a whole different story.

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 01:07 AM
Could ask you the same thing, genius.

Good lord god, no. Gunner is some overpowered bullshit (someone give this man that video....yeah, you know the one). I dunno what the recent verdict on Ranger is, though. Probably similar.

Griffin, you... blind?

lol, less than 5 mins and everyone starts flaming/trolling. Probably shouldn't have expected anything constructive from people here.

Eh. I think RA/GU is outclassed by RA/HU. If you are going RA/GU, you're going it because of the launcher right? Hunter provides better skills for launcher than gunner does. This is assuming you just want to MP efficiently.

GU/RA on the other hand...is a whole different story.

Do you mean HU for its fury stance? Is automate halfline worth getting or maybe purely the skills buffing fury stance?

Grifs Astoni
Nov 10, 2012, 01:12 AM
Well the problem with a ranger is that you have to aim manually to make sure it's useful, which Sega didn't really refine properly imo. Monsters have these weird hitboxes and that kind of crap, so the learning curve to avoid missing 80% of the time is steep. Auto-aiming only works for a few situations.

I can still hit them without any problem atm though.

MissMalice
Nov 10, 2012, 01:12 AM
The super VH Rape Every Boss In 5 Seconds video was removed by the original poster. Its on NicoNico (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19252638) still, but you need an account to view it. Takes less than 3 minutes, but -shrug-

If anything, just watch this one. It's still NOTHING compared to the vid on NicNico.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX9XULtc4cY

Gen2000
Nov 10, 2012, 01:18 AM
The idea that RA & GU is useless is pretty much trolling itself. Didn't think you were serious.

1. TPS mode still works if you're going for specific breakable points that can't be locked on, auto-lock still works on the main weak parts of the new bosses.

2. How are you missing with Infinity Fire and Elder Rebellion? These things are foolproof as long as the target is within your line of sight.

3. Calling damage of RA/GU PAs a joke? Sneak Shooter + Weak Bullet still boss. Satelitte Aim, Infinity Fire, and Elder Rebellion bleeds out damage from enemies/bosses like they're made out of paper.

4. The dodge that has nearly as many invincible frames as Mirage Escape yet more flexible is not useful? Come on, really?

These were just posted in the a random thread in Gameplay section from poster Soultrigger:
http://youtu.be/8dHgIK-fpp4
http://youtu.be/GxIYosjM_Kg
http://youtu.be/ZYFOdM70mSU

The idea that RA & GU became anywhere near useless is just...just...I don't even. Wha?

Griffin
Nov 10, 2012, 01:19 AM
Griffin, you... blind?

NO. LET'S SEE SOME GOD-DAMNED LINKS.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 01:19 AM
Griffin, you... blind?

lol, less than 5 mins and everyone starts flaming/trolling. Probably shouldn't have expected anything constructive from people here.

My post wasn't flaming or trolling, it was summarizing.

Maronji
Nov 10, 2012, 01:30 AM
The super VH Rape Every Boss In 5 Seconds video was removed by the original poster. Its on NicoNico (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19252638) still, but you need an account to view it. Takes less than 3 minutes, but -shrug-

DEAR. GOD.

Now I've seen everything...

MissMalice
Nov 10, 2012, 01:48 AM
Yeah. If anyone can sit through that video then come back and still say with a straight face that Rangers and Gunners are useless, they're probably just trolling.

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 01:58 AM

If anything, just watch this one. It's still NOTHING compared to the vid on NicNico.

PSO2 's last resort "Panty-shots Stylish Online"????????????????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX9XULtc4cY)

The nico one was nice, thanks. But, theres no ruins boss vid?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19267237 (Takes just 3 mins for FI using initial weap against VH quartz)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19315953

I don't think Fi/HUs are as bad against bosses like how everyone boast RA/GUs to be and this vids are just from rough searching in nico.

MissMalice
Nov 10, 2012, 02:11 AM
The Nico vid was done before Ruins was released.

No one is saying that every other class is awful or anything. All WE'RE trying to say is that Gunners and Rangers are no pushovers.

We've all seen the 45 second Quartz Dragon video. We know Fighters are pretty badass too.

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 02:18 AM
Yeah. If anyone can sit through that video then come back and still say with a straight face that Rangers and Gunners are useless, they're probably just trolling.

And your telling me with a straight face that with these vids that RA / GU will nv be underpowered. Simply because they can perform "solo easy-bosses" quickly? Even a noob Fi can do that. (see my vid)

[Ayumi]
Nov 10, 2012, 02:21 AM
I used to like Ranger
(RAmarl on PSO, Gunmaster on PSU and so on and so on), but I have to stick with Gunner now (and Force and Hunter) sadly.

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 02:28 AM
Seriously, which class will take more than 5 mins with decent equips and skills on any bosses? None.

My point is RA / GU are being a generally useless class that can't fight mobs well or in parties, who is ever interested in running solo in PSO2 seriously? Drops sux and its a waste of time.

Now, if you can show me how RA / GU can kill bosses in seconds in RANDOM PARTIES, that will really be nice.

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 02:33 AM
Seriously, which class will take more than 5 mins with decent equips and skills on any bosses? None.

My point is RA / GU are being a generally useless class that can't fight mobs well or in parties, who is ever interested in running solo in PSO2 seriously? Drops sux and its a waste of time.

Now, if you can show me how RA / GU can kill bosses in seconds in RANDOM PARTIES, that will really be nice.
Malice already showed you these things and yet you're still denying them.

They may not be great in crowd control, but the same goes for FI/HU as they're really limited to 1-2 targets at most without the aid of a multi hit weapon.

Don't just stomp in here and bash a portion of the playerbase that prefers the style by calling them 'useless'.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 02:34 AM
Okay then play something else.

I'm not sure I understand why so many people on these forums feel other people are obligated to convince them of things. Unless they're trolls looking to just draw out the trolling, that is.

Crystal_Shard
Nov 10, 2012, 02:37 AM

I'm not sure I understand why so many people on these forums feel other people are obligated to convince them of things. Unless they're trolls looking to just draw out the trolling, that is.

It's either that, ignorance, or just envy. Best to let the thread die out.

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 02:38 AM
Malice already showed you these things and yet you're still denying them.

They may not be great in crowd control, but the same goes for FI/HU as they're really limited to 1-2 targets at most without the aid of a multi hit weapon.

Don't just stomp in here and bash a portion of the playerbase that prefers the style by calling them 'useless'.

And what is the style here? What am I denying? That RA/GU makes a decent class for just being able to solo bosses well? And since when was I bashing the players?

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 02:42 AM
I really don't know if I should continue, but who cares.

And since when was I bashing the players?

I almost don't seem to see anyone else playing RA / GU in MPAs anymore. As well my personal opinion of the class why it is a useless class now,

Bolded for emphasis. The rest I leave for you to find out.

Dinosaur
Nov 10, 2012, 02:43 AM
My point is RA / GU are being a generally useless class that can't fight mobs well or in parties

This is a joke.

All GU has to do is spam ER or IF in parties. 100%, guaranteed 5000 damage MINIMUM every 3 seconds, no setup or thought required. Possible 12,000+ every 3 seconds if you are actually trying to aim for weak spots. Attack PP Restore lets you spam PAs all day. Not only do you have guaranteed damage coming out your ass, but you should never be a liability to a team either since GU has so many evasive manuvers.

When in mobbing parties, you can tell who's getting all the kills and doing all the damage by who fills their PB first. Forces will always get their PB first because they are mob the killing kings. GU and RA are right behind FOs when it comes to that. And then I ALWAYS see melee classes getting their PBs last or not getting it at all.

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 02:43 AM

I'm just trying to ascertain my concerns. And obligations to reply?? Don't make me laugh.

Trolls? Obviously yourself.

I played ranger/gunner for 30 minutes and didn't feel as good as the other 11 players combined

boost my class this is bullshit

Posts like that?? Trolls like you just can't help yourself to join in every single thread and start trolling everyone.

I really don't know if I should continue, but who cares.

Bolded for emphasis. The rest I leave for you to find out.

Class and players are obvious different entities... lol

MissMalice
Nov 10, 2012, 02:47 AM
...Um, no. When did me or anyone ever say these words?:

"OMG RANGER AND GUNNER ARE GUNNA B DA BESTEST CLASSES FEREVR AND THEY WILL NVR GIT NURFFED".

I'm almost certain none of us ever said that. Seems like you're just trying to twist my words to prove a point. And if I'm not mistaken, she [the girl in the video I posted] pretty much cleared every boss with the exception of the Ruins boss [because IT DIDN'T EXIST, sorry]. On Very Hard. Not on Easy/Normal. If there are some mystery bosses that we are not aware of that are impossible to defeat, please point us in their direction.

I really don't understand what's going on here.

You say Gunners and Rangers are underpowered and useless.
You gave some opinions on why you thought that way.
We post a video that says otherwise.
???
You make it seem like we're saying that Fighter and Hunters are trash.

If I ever said that Hunters/Fighters are complete garbage and Rangers/Gunners are the most supreme in every way and will stay that way forever, please show me.

Now, you claim that they aren't useful in parties. Okay. From an honest stand point, I don't really see how being in a party or solo makes a difference. It wouldn't be a fair judgement of that person's abilities because everyone would be wailing away on the boss. So, no one would be exactly sure if the person just outright raped the boss or the group itself all contributed to the quick defeat. So, the only ay to really test it in a controlled environment is to get a multiparty going, run around until a boss spawns, and hope that people will be willing to just let you have all the fun with killing the boss yourself.

But seriously, with the kind of damage she was chugging out, I don't even think it would matter.

Have I mentioned that I never said Hunters and Fighters are garbage?

Moving on to the next subject: Rangers and Gunners aren't good crowd control. Okay. Valid point. BECAUSE THERE IS A SUCH THING AS FORCES. HOLY SHIT, I NEVER KNEW THIS.

Each class has some minor ability to hold off multiple mobs coming at them. For Hunters, its Partizans mostly. But mostly all of their weapons have AOE abilities that affects mobs close to their vicinity. Rangers have rocket launchers. They're a bit slow, but have the range and the power to keep mobs away.

And then there's the powerhouse of AOEs. MOTHER. FUCKING. FORCES. HEEELLLLLL YEEEEEAAAAAH!!! Oh what's that? There's 20 Darkers coming in? MOTHER FUCKING GIGRANTS. Oh noes! A horde of pissed off Dragonkin? THIS. IS. BARTAAAAAA. Oh good heavens! Who will rescue us from Fang Banther? RAAAAAAAFOOOOOOOOIIIIIIEEEEEEEE.

This is why Ranger and Gunners aren't good for crowd control. Because Sega made a class SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT PURPOSE.

ANNNNNND THE CROOOOOOOOOWWWWD GOOOOOOOOOESSS WIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLD!

-swish-

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 02:50 AM
I'm just trying to ascertain my concerns. And obligations to reply?? Don't make me laugh.

Trolls? Obviously yourself.

Posts like that?? Trolls like you just can't help yourself to join in every single thread and start trolling everyone.

Brilliant observational skills, I troll in every thread and never post anything of value to anyone.

No seriously, gunner/ranger is hysterically powerful in any situation. If you find that force is better for MPAing, which you seem to feel is the only game mode, then I advise you to actually play force.

This is not a one-class game. It was made this way specifically because of how different the classes are. You can chance classes without ever paying a cent. Opting not to and then asking why one combo isn't as good as another at one thing is like walking into a wall and asking why there isn't a door.

valmont
Nov 10, 2012, 02:51 AM
yeah, i agree.

but Ra have a weak bullet that will multiply everyone damage?
and i do solo, with NPCs.
im only partying with my buddy, or when im participating in emergencies. i just don't like doing MP's. it just in MP's i got bored quickly, everything dies too fast.

what do you mean by random parties? like in emergencies? or a party full of ranger and gunner? altho, sorry i can't show you, i don't like joining random parties.

.Jack
Nov 10, 2012, 03:03 AM

Made this unlisted for those that can't bother making an account. Watching it I can't tell is the OP is being serious or just ignorant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuS762HkWmM

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 03:04 AM
...Um, no. When did me or anyone ever say these words?:

"OMG RANGER AND GUNNER ARE GUNNA B DA BESTEST CLASSES FEREVR AND THEY WILL NVR GIT NURFFED".

I'm almost certain none of us ever said that. Seems like you're just trying to twist my words to prove a point. And if I'm not mistaken, she [the girl in the video I posted] pretty much cleared every boss with the exception of the Ruins boss [because IT DIDN'T EXIST, sorry]. On Very Hard. Not on Easy/Normal. If there are some mystery bosses that we are not aware of that are impossible to defeat, please point us in their direction.

I really don't understand what's going on here.

You say Gunners and Rangers are underpowered and useless.
You gave some opinions on why you thought that way.
We post a video that says otherwise.
???
You make it seem like we're saying that Fighter and Hunters are trash.

If I ever said that Hunters/Fighters are complete garbage and Rangers/Gunners are the most supreme in every way and will stay that way forever, please show me.

Have I mentioned that I never said Hunters and Fighters are garbage?

Moving on to the next subject: Rangers and Gunners aren't good crowd control. Okay. Valid point. BECAUSE THERE IS A SUCH THING AS FORCES. HOLY SHIT, I NEVER KNEW THIS.

Each class has some minor ability to hold off multiple mobs coming at them. For Hunters, its Partizans mostly. But mostly all of their weapons have AOE abilities that affects mobs close to their vicinity. Rangers have rocket launchers. They're a bit slow, but have the range and the power to keep mobs away.

And then there's the powerhouse of AOEs. MOTHER. FUCKING. FORCES. HEEELLLLLL YEEEEEAAAAAH!!! Oh what's that? There's 20 Darkers coming in? MOTHER FUCKING GIGRANTS. Oh noes! A horde of pissed off Dragonkin? THIS. IS. BARTAAAAAA. Oh good heavens! Who will rescue us from Fang Banther? RAAAAAAAFOOOOOOOOIIIIIIEEEEEEEE.

This is why Ranger and Gunners aren't good for crowd control. Because Sega made a class SPECIFICALLY FOR THAT PURPOSE.

ANNNNNND THE CROOOOOOOOOWWWWD GOOOOOOOOOESSS WIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLD!

-swish-

Nobody said GU / RA are overpowered? Its the 2nd post of the thread which almost everyone is agreeing to? And as well the vids you've posted to support on this point.

Now, you claim that they aren't useful in parties. Okay. From an honest stand point, I don't really see how being in a party or solo makes a difference. It wouldn't be a fair judgement of that person's abilities because everyone would be wailing away on the boss. So, no one would be exactly sure if the person just outright raped the boss or the group itself all contributed to the quick defeat. So, the only ay to really test it in a controlled environment is to get a multiparty going, run around until a boss spawns, and hope that people will be willing to just let you have all the fun with killing the boss yourself.

But seriously, with the kind of damage she was chugging out, I don't even think it would matter.

And this is where I meant by RA / GU's ultra-uber-incredible-lightning-fast solo boss capability doesn't make practical use.

Since it won't be the case for multi-parties to leave the boss to RA / GU to engage/kill, they are unlikely to be able to do such nice dmg. And so whats left that is good for RA / GU?

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 03:12 AM
Since it won't be the case for multi-parties to leave the boss to RA / GU to engage/kill, they are unlikely to be able to do such nice dmg. And so whats left that is good for RA / GU?
Weak Bullet and Chain/Chain Finisher.

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 03:15 AM
Made this unlisted for those that can't bother making an account. Watching it I can't tell is the OP is being serious or just ignorant.

PSO2 VH Solo Boss runs - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuS762HkWmM)

Funny how you post this without even bothering to read.

The nico one was nice, thanks. But, theres no ruins boss vid?
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19267237 (Takes just 3 mins for FI using initial weap against VH quartz)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19315953

I don't think Fi/HUs are as bad against bosses like how everyone boast RA/GUs to be and this vids are just from rough searching in nico.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 03:15 AM
Let's do a simple bit of math here.

You can choose a class to bring to an MPA with 11 players. None of the 11 players are ranger. A force will let you deal the most damage, right? You'll deal as many as 12 players.

Wrong. Forces don't have weak bullet. Weak bullet, what, triples damage? So you can buff everybody's damage by 300% on a boss and all of its breakable parts for however long weak bullet lasts I don't know I never timed it (and what breakable part lasts that long?).

It is extremely silly to try to make these things out to be as simple as what a class can do on its own, then talk about how solo is useless.

valmont
Nov 10, 2012, 03:16 AM

-Ranger can use Weak bullet for multiplying everyone damage.
-Gunner acts like other melee class in MP's. the damage done depends on the weapons & affixes, just like other melee class. oh and Gunner have Chain Trigger & Finisher.

Dinosaur
Nov 10, 2012, 03:19 AM
I was going through this guy's posts and it is clear that he has VERY POOR understanding of the game (no offense).

otaku998
Nov 10, 2012, 03:27 AM
Is this another thread of "Sword sounds broken"? Only that i guess the other thread is a better one.

I think you have seen enough that no one has the same thought as you Aug. You are free to believe what you want to believe. And no need to try so hard to pretend like you are really asking for opinion, you clearly just want people to agree with your 100% correct idea.

Dinosaur
Nov 10, 2012, 03:38 AM
I'm almost positive his conclusions about RA are from his gameplay without TPS. Everything about his theory on RA being ass is settled by the existence of Rocket Launcher and by actually hitting enemies with with weapons (omg you have to aim?! on a class that has guns?!).

Here's some fun stuff on what he thinks about RA

1. Rifle/Launchers Bullets are SLOW and bound to miss a moving target/spot UNLESS Rangers go close enough near melee range. Add in the difficulty to hit if there are other mobs around your target or your target is a hyper-active.

2. WB doesn't need to be even nerfed or changed I feel, simply because it isn't guaranteed to hit the spot the moment you shoot. It requires considerable amount of skill and possible risks to do it.

3. Basically I was saying this, "if any skilled rangers could land a shot at spots they want, theres absolutely no need for a class skill to create "just another weak spot".

4. Yea, you obviously can't defend what you said and thats all that matter here. Have fun being pwned by Rangers.
Oh, and I didn't mention this, I might have been one of the better Rangers that pwned you in one of the random parties.

1. This means you're bad at Ranger. No offense dude.
2. Skill? Yes, you have to aim. God forbid you have to aim with guns. Risk? Attacking at range is the lowest risk thing you can do.
3. This means you don't understand the mechanics behind weak points and Weak Bullet. The damage modifiers stack when you apply a WB to a weak point. There are also enemies with hard to hit weak points(Crabs, tall enemies for HU or FI, Windra for example), so creating one on that type of enemy is a huge convenience for your team.
4. Saying this kind of thing implies you're an idiot. No offense again.

aug
Nov 10, 2012, 03:38 AM
I was going through this guy's posts and it is clear that he has VERY POOR understanding of the game (no offense).

Wow, then lets talk about how much of understanding you have with the game? Are you just trying to make yourself sound really pro here? Mind posting a vid of your awesomeness pls? (No offense)

Well then, if there is a way to close this thread. Replies here are mostly from trolls trying to show how incredible they are anyways.

Dinosaur
Nov 10, 2012, 03:49 AM
Wow, then lets talk about how much of understanding you have with the game? Are you just trying to make yourself sound really pro here? Mind posting a vid of your awesomeness pls? (No offense)

Well then, if there is a way to close this thread. Replies here are mostly from trolls trying to show how incredible they are anyways.

Ok. Recently, I've been working on frame data for PAs and normal attacks to calculate possible DPS for all classes down to the millisecond. I'm positive you don't even know what frame data is. FYI, I've been breaking this game down to a science since Alpha test phase.

Anyways, the point here is that you have absolutely no solid rebuttal to any argument shown to you. 90% of the time, your response is a personal fallacy. So... No aug, you are the trolls.

Xaeris
Nov 10, 2012, 03:55 AM
I reckon y'all postin' in a troll thread.

Amaranthus
Nov 10, 2012, 05:02 AM

1. U can hardly land WB properly on any of the hyper-active-new bosses. And a lot of spots are non-lockable.
3. Normal hits/PA dmg of RA / GU are a joke. (maybe with only exception for ER?)
4. GU has a lot of endurance dodge which isn't exactly too useful since GU can't take much hits?

1. That is old news. If you have been playing RA, you'll know it requires a lot of precision and patience to land a proper shot and WB, no matter what the enemy is. The difference these shielded darkers make, is that if you land the wb on their shields, you can say goodbye to that shot.

2. This is where patience comes to play. So far every boss has a pattern where they'll go stupid for a short period of time and leave their weak spots vulnerable. (E.g. Mizer's glowing butt exposure, Rockbears lay tired after trying to grab, Banshees stop to roar, etc.) During this time, you can land your wb and shots with ease, may they be lockable or not.

3. Yes, they're a joke if you don't hit the weak spots. Best be using launchers or Infinite fire for MPAs. And I'm sure I don't have to tell you that so far the highest damage dealer is still RA. ^ ^,

4. Didn't make sense... Endurance dodge? You can't exactly endure something if you already dodged it.. x:

I can see where you're going.. playing RA isn't easy at all. You always have to go for the weak spots, and not to mention projectiles block your shots (unlike some techs). It takes much effort and skill to pull off, therefore, not really swell for nuke-till-you-drop MPAs, but I wouldn't go as far as saying they're "useless". because we're awesome damage dealers nonetheless.

Skye-Fox713
Nov 10, 2012, 05:07 AM

Can I haz your gear?

Lumpen Thingy
Nov 10, 2012, 05:18 AM

this video made my day lol

Raymee
Nov 10, 2012, 06:18 AM
Guys, you're all getting trolled hard. This guy knows how to troll seriously, and you're all taking his bait. C'mon, the fact that we're all posting stuff here and we're at that point where we're almost truly believing whatever he posts. Then, when his questions undesirably get answered, he'll call out on you by saying "ok mr. professional now show me a video of you doing XXXXX" to keep you back in this topic because mad.

That's troll material, and then whenever someone from the trolled side says that he's serious about it: he's not, sorry lol.

P.S. This topic was a good read and I have to say on my viewpoint as a gunner that I'm pretty useful in MPAs, support or not. I get a shitload of kills in PSE Bursts if I just use Elder Rebellion and press Tab at the right times.

I treat Elder Rebellion like a mobbing PA, just abuse tab at the right time :P.

(Now awaiting for this post to be quoted by either side)

otaku998
Nov 10, 2012, 06:50 AM
i still like this thread because of that Panty Shot vid, i wouldn't have found it otherwise. At least for that.

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 12:33 PM

I lol'd.

So hard.

Nika
Nov 10, 2012, 01:02 PM
To OP : You just suck!! that is all. Sorry to be blunt, but if you have this much problem, then point and click game may suit you better.

Action RPG is not RPG. The class is going to be strong or not, it is all depend on "player skill" You could ask 10x other gunner to do the same as the person in that video, and I bet most would fail. I played every class and most of them are 50 now. I know that doing as the vid isn't easy. It require both good aiming, quick reaction, TPS eyes and meseta investment. However, this is same to all other classes video, and including your main Ranger class too. If you stop playing bad, then your class will be strong. If you can't aim TPS here, then point and click game will work better. (to be honest, if you ever shoot other players in real TPS game, then you will know that aim at boss parts is cake )

All the class balance just fine, I have all of them with the similar tier gears. lv 50 50 50 50 49 49 48 atm.

pikachief
Nov 10, 2012, 01:46 PM
can anyone explain to me how that Gunner/Ranger achieved those numbers and speed? I havent played since the new classes came out and even then not too much but I felt like Gunner was fun but not strong enough.

Obviously I was wrong lol but I'd like to have a goal set in mind for when i get a new computer. :)

lagnarok
Nov 10, 2012, 01:53 PM

I'm Ra/Hu... and here's my thoughts:

1. Learn to aim.
2. Learn to aim.
3. Learn to aim.
4. I don't really play Gu. Ra all the way.

1. Just to let you know other classes can't really hit either when thye're "hyper-active". I never thought they were "hyper-active" tho. Too bad you can't use TPS mode and use the right PAs at the right timing.
2. Learning all the patterns of bosses are probably useful. Sega isn't going to make easy bosses where they dont move and attack. And sneak shot isn't the only PA.
3. You will always have crappy damage unless you hit head shot. There's a reason why WHA 1 and WHA 2 has high ratios compared to other classes.

I started Ra from OBT and only play Ra. I suggest OP to switch class if you expect to hit everything easily and do a lot of damage. If you can't hit WB anymore, then there's no point in playing Ra either.

Shirokami
Nov 10, 2012, 01:55 PM
Nerf Gunners or BUFF EVERYTHING!

jooozek
Nov 10, 2012, 02:00 PM

jesus christ shits bananas

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 02:01 PM
Wait, I thought everyone had seen that video...

Shirokami
Nov 10, 2012, 02:06 PM
Wait, I thought everyone had seen that video...

That video made me say Force's damage is mediocre.

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 02:11 PM
That video made me say Force's damage is mediocre.
And Hunter's damage is just laughable. :(

Shirokami
Nov 10, 2012, 02:13 PM
And Hunter's damage is just laughable. :(

Well, Hunters are supposed to be tanky...

Z-0
Nov 10, 2012, 02:14 PM
The reason the damage is so high in that video:

33 Element Radieguls; on everything this is an increase MINIMUM of 197 R-ATK. This number increases depending on the enemy's resistance to that element (the multiplier is highest on weak enemies, where it ranges between 20% ~ 30% increase). This is on top of the 802 R-Atk base.
WHA 1 and 2 are maxed. This is +50% damage (I think... or was it 50% per? I don't know, I haven't looked at my RA tree in forever).
Maxed Chain Finish. +45% extra chain damage. The chain itself is a huge increase in damage.
Weak Bullet. +200% damage.
In some cases, ZRA (Vardha, for example). This will range between 9% ~ 15%, I believe.
Elder Rebellion. It's level 7, but it's still very strong.

However, even though GU/RA is very broken at doing this, they're not exactly the most efficient class when roaming MPAs. Taking:

Minimum 5,000 in 3 seconds

This isn't actually very strong compared to what some other classes can do (namely Hunter and Force; Fighter will do more on single targets providing Weak Bullet and Chain Trigger aren't applied FI vs GU, but GU always has these at their disposal so I guess it doesn't really count). The AoE of Sonic Arrow and techniques spreads a lot of damage over many enemies, which brings their damage value much higher than 5,000 over 3 seconds. GU/RA isn't also the greatest class at AoE; you need to be in melee range for Reverse Tap (and things have to be bunched, really), and only the last 3 hits of Rebellion hit multiple enemies, and to add insult to injury, they blow away which is VERY annoying. Satellite Aim also hits multiples, if they're really bunched together.

While GU/RA can really slaughter bosses, they're not really an insta-win class like everyone seems to think. The same shit happened when the 1-minute RA video killing the kitties came out. It's now been found out RA isn't exactly all its cracked up to be, although they're far from "useless" or "weak".

Note to all the pro-GU players who will obviously argue against me: I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just saying they're not the best at everything, which is what everyone is going to assume, as a lot of people did with RA eons ago.

EDIT:
And Hunter's damage is just laughableHAHAHA. No.

Dinosaur
Nov 10, 2012, 02:58 PM
This isn't actually very strong compared to what some other classes can do (namely Hunter and Force; Fighter will do more on single targets providing Weak Bullet and Chain Trigger aren't applied FI vs GU, but GU always has these at their disposal so I guess it doesn't really count). The AoE of Sonic Arrow and techniques spreads a lot of damage over many enemies, which brings their damage value much higher than 5,000 over 3 seconds. GU/RA isn't also the greatest class at AoE; you need to be in melee range for Reverse Tap (and things have to be bunched, really), and only the last 3 hits of Rebellion hit multiple enemies, and to add insult to injury, they blow away which is VERY annoying. Satellite Aim also hits multiples, if they're really bunched together.

It's not the actual damage that's important in this situation, it's the damage opportunity. GU can sit anywhere they want(even 50 feet in the air) and dish out this minimum damage on a consistent basis. Melee classes must get into position(getting close range) and setup for it(getting correct stance angles) . Of course, half the enemies die before a melee class can reach their target. Besides, minimum 5,000 damage is if you somehow don't hit any weakpoints. That is pretty hard to do even if you are purposely trying not to do it.

Like I said before, just watch who gets their PBs first in parties. It will always be magic users first and melee classes will almost always be last.

PS: Weak Bullet is triple damage (300%), Chain Finish is +35% @ level 10.

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 03:03 PM
EDIT: HAHAHA. No.
Hmmm, let me think about this.

Melee range: Check.
Poor PP management: Check.
Slow attack speed: Double-check.

Hunters don't even have a place in most MPs due to the speed at which forces and techers can clear entire rooms. And they are far from the most efficient at killing bosses - obviously gunner has taken that title in spades, with fighters handily beating hunters thanks to the DS PA Deadly Archer and twin daggers, which don't require you to touch the ground at all.

And spamming Speed Rain and Sonic Arrow don't even come close to matching the efficiency of a RaFoie-spamming force or techer, sorry. You can't even spam them anyway thanks to the PP costs, plus the gears (you can never keep sword gear charged during a MP run).

If anything is laughable here, it's the assertion that hunters can do anything well. No. No, they can't. They only thing they can maybe do is take hits, and that's about it.

MissMalice
Nov 10, 2012, 03:19 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree just a bit, Zyru. Forces/Techers can't really spam their attacks all the time. This is true, but only to an extent.

I recently started re-leveling my Force and pretty much made my Mag pure T-ATK with some Dex. The Cetus Proi photon blast [the one that regens PP] actually popped up about every 5 minutes or so while soloing AND while in MPAs. I never quite figured out if it was my attack frequency, attack damage, or a combination of both that made my PB recharge over and over so quickly, but either way, it made spamming attacks fairly doable. Before playing a Force, I always kinda thought that Cetus Proi was pretty useless.

But yeah, without that PB, spamming techs is pretty much impossible. =/ Not that it mattered for anything other than bosses anyways~ Still annoying that in the event that you DIDN'T kill everything by the time you ran out of PP, you pretty much are left to run around while it charges again.

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 03:22 PM
If you have charge PP revival, it's pretty much a given that you're going to be able to spam your techs until everything's dead. Add PP Restorate on top of that and you almost never run out of PP outright.

Either of those two alone make force/techer PP management far superior to hunter/fighter PP management. And then you consider that many techs cost only 20 PP whereas many hunter and fighter PAs cost 30...

Dinosaur
Nov 10, 2012, 03:28 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree just a bit, Zyru. Forces/Techers can't really spam their attacks all the time. This is true, but only to an extent.

I recently started re-leveling my Force and pretty much made my Mag pure T-ATK with some Dex. The Cetus Proi photon blast [the one that regens PP] actually popped up about every 5 minutes or so while soloing AND while in MPAs. I never quite figured out if it was my attack frequency, attack damage, or a combination of both that made my PB recharge over and over so quickly, but either way, it made spamming attacks fairly doable. Before playing a Force, I always kinda thought that Cetus Proi was pretty useless.

But yeah, without that PB, spamming techs is pretty much impossible. =/ Not that it mattered for anything other than bosses anyways~ Still annoying that in the event that you DIDN'T kill everything by the time you ran out of PP, you pretty much are left to run around while it charges again.

It is totally possible to spam techs like crazy.

- timing MAG feeds to proc PP recovery trigger actions. (this is even more effective with multiple MAGs. I do this when I play FO.)
- PP restorate
- PP convert
- PB Cetus Proi

If you timing everything correctly and play it right, you can have a rotation going on. It helps if you're using talis so that you can recover PP through normal attacks without switching weapons. Not too big of a deal, but takes a little less time than rod+gunslash usage.

PB fills fast on Force because of how easy it is to deal damage(aka damage opportunity i was talking about) as well as Force commonly landing the killing blow due to the high burst and high damage opportunity. Killing blow = tons of PB gauge.

Shirokami
Nov 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
It is totally possible to spam techs like crazy.

- timing MAG feeds to proc PP recovery trigger actions. (this is even more effective with multiple MAGs. I do this when I play FO.)
- PP restorate
- PP convert
- PB Cetus Proi

If you timing everything correctly and play it right, you can have a rotation going on. It helps if you're using talis so that you can recover PP through normal attacks without switching weapons. Not too big of a deal, but takes a little less time than rod+gunslash usage.

PB fills fast on Force because of how easy it is to deal damage(aka damage opportunity i was talking about) as well as Force commonly landing the killing blow due to the high burst and high damage opportunity. Killing blow = tons of PB gauge.

Yup, I managed to spam PB Cetus Proi during a Burst for infinite PP :3

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 03:41 PM
I'm torn between doing bothlight masteries to 10 (I like light techs!), or doing dark just for PP convert.

I'm not overly fond of dark techs. I mean, I know they hit hard, but light is awesome.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 10, 2012, 03:47 PM
Gunners are useless against swarms of mobs, and Rangers are mediocre unless you have beast gear (which most don't)+^_^+ even so, ima be a RA till SEGAC ip bans me+^_^+

Dinosaur
Nov 10, 2012, 03:48 PM
Wow, this trolls thread is still going? The first post was already answered on like...the 1st and 2nd page.

We're talking about other shit now because no one cares about aug.

Yup, I managed to spam PB Cetus Proi during a Burst for infinite PP :3

its actually pretty disgusting how fast FO can fill their PB now. The FO's on my team just Zondeel away and have PB up every single time I look at our HP bars. Lets say within a 2 minute PSE burst(not cross burst), I usually see one FO player in particular get PB at least 4 times DURING the burst all while I'm the only player who's gotten it once or twice(playing GU), rest of the team is at 0 PBs.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah, uh, I'm getting to the point where with barely 1200 t-atk I can refill my PB before the last one runs out. All I need is zondeel and some trash mobs. I just did that right now when fighting gwanas with ragrants and gigrants.

Jesus, my invulnerabilities probably overlapped.

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 03:50 PM
I'm torn between doing bothlight masteries to 10 (I like light techs!), or doing dark just for PP convert.

I'm not overly fond of dark techs. I mean, I know they hit hard, but light is awesome.
Just go light mastery.

You'll thank yourself for it later. (Big numbers FTW!)

gravityvx
Nov 10, 2012, 03:51 PM
Gunners are useless against swarms of mobs, and Rangers are mediocre unless you have beast gear (which most don't)+^_^+ even so, ima be a RA till SEGAC ip bans me+^_^+

Elder Rebellion handles swarms very nicely if you switch targets back and forth in the attack then aim your last three shots(which are aoe) in the right spot, and the last 3 hit very damn hard.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 04:02 PM
Just go light mastery.

You'll thank yourself for it later. (Big numbers FTW!)

That's exactly what I wanted to read. Lightbros unite 8-)

Arika
Nov 11, 2012, 01:37 AM
I have seen this video for a long time and been keeping this as secret, because I don't want people to riot seeing this :/

Worry not, though, this video has been reported to SEGA (by me), and I write suggestion for them to do something about balancing. Gu is single dps orient class by the design (since both rifle/mechgun only do job well on single target., so it is expected for them to kill boss faster. However this is kind of too fast. and I think whenever SEGA design to balance class next time. WB may get the nerf, or Chain trigger may not stack with it anymore.

33 Element Radieguls.

No, it is actually 50% : here is the quote from orignal video description:

要望がありましたのでこちらにもUPしましたhttp://youtu.be/mNjmzvLa4Noこちらは画質が向上しています。ベア以外
装備詳細についてですがこのようになっています
ラムダラディエグル10 属性50雷 シュートⅢマイザースピブ
ヴァーダーセット シュートⅢファングスタブ*3
一部カルバリアセット使用 シュートⅢマイザースピブ
前者PP120 後者PP151 通常時射撃1737 ドリンク&ライド時2034 エルダーLv7クォーツ戦ではボイスチャット

Basically, by the market price of that time when he made this video, his mechgun alone worth 50 mil. (current market allow you to get this in around 20 mil price now, so make it the same if you got 20 mil.)
And he has any skill related to mechgun boost at max, he also has vader set with 3 affix and full buff too/

So this is part of why, I don't worry much about other gunner to be as good as him. And if you kill it any slower than this, boss usually go into rage and make aim harder. It is always best chance to kill boss quick before he rage at the beginning if you can.

gravityvx
Nov 11, 2012, 01:59 AM
Problem isn't gunner, problem is weak bullet. Without it, they still kill fast but it's in check unlike when you pop a weak bullet combined with a just attack PA with or without chain combo.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 11, 2012, 02:15 AM
Problem isn't gunner, problem is weak bullet. Without it, they still kill fast but it's in check unlike when you pop a weak bullet combined with a just attack PA with or without chain combo.

with weak bullet and a RA class (no sub) i can barely do 10K damage 3-4 times until my pp gauge dries up, then the rifle shots just do 400 a hit maybe (+10 tiger orange thing), if they nerf WB it'll make a lot of RA mains more then a little ticked+^_^+ I'd rather they find a way to nerf it down to 20% if used as a subclass skill, or find some way to restrict GU in another fashion+^_^+

gravityvx
Nov 11, 2012, 04:38 AM
I think they should just tone it down when gunner has it subbed, ranger shouldn't get a penalty for their main ability because of a completely different class. Also, that's kinda weird that you do so little, are you not using sneak shooter? A just attack with sneak shooter always breaks over 5kish per shot if it's a weak point, no sub with my Divulcan +10. I haven't even touched ranger since the subclasses came out and I unlocked gunner, but I'm willing to bet I'd do more damage now with a sub.

eharima
Nov 11, 2012, 07:12 AM
Worry not, though, this video has been reported to SEGA (by me), and I write suggestion for them to do something about balancing.

No fun alowed .PNG
GJ.

I just made a report complaing about how underpowerd gu/ra in mpa not boss.

I hope others do the same.

valmont
Nov 11, 2012, 07:39 AM
she doesn't even break all the boss parts(only vol's). i just don't understand why people want to kill bosses as fast as possible without breaking all the parts. ^^;

eharima
Nov 11, 2012, 07:57 AM
Gotta go fast.

Galax
Nov 11, 2012, 08:49 AM
I still stand by that if you're looking for such speed you're getting your racing games in my phantasy star <_<

Reyva
Nov 11, 2012, 08:59 AM
I still stand by that if you're looking for such speed you're getting your racing games in my phantasy star <_<

I dunno, in PSU, I found it quite hilarious to do insane speed runs in white beast for example. 6 casts all with paradi and jabroni crashing users I just had a good time with for some reason. I guess it was the whole teamwork aspect and how well everything was coordinated.

In PSO2, I'm only concerned speed wise if I'm doing a timed mission or something. But to each their own.

Galax
Nov 11, 2012, 09:01 AM
Well yeah, when you're under a time limit, that's one thing. But if you don't need to rush...I just don't see the point in rushing.

gigawuts
Nov 11, 2012, 10:00 AM
No fun alowed .PNG
GJ.

I just made a report complaing about how underpowerd gu/ra in mpa not boss.

I hope others do the same.

I hate this mentality that people need to main something and use it in every situation.

Just play fucking force. It is the AOE class. If you want to kill multiple things play the class designed specifically for that.

You don't hear any hunters or fighters whinging in every unrelated thread about how terrible they are in MPA's because they can't close the gap before the 4 forces kill it with their first round of rafoies, so why do gunners & rangers - with longer range attacks - insist on doing it?

Dinosaur
Nov 11, 2012, 11:19 AM
Well yeah, when you're under a time limit, that's one thing. But if you don't need to rush...I just don't see the point in rushing.

Yes efficiency is a bad thing. Let me spend my whole day killing one boss.

Z-0
Nov 11, 2012, 11:39 AM
Yes efficiency is a bad thing. Let me spend my whole day killing one boss.
You're obviously a bland and boring person who doesn't play for fun.

Shame on you. Shame on you.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 11, 2012, 05:16 PM
Wait a minute, how does rifle having lackluster PA's equate to "nofunallowed"?
I actually think the weapon is very fun, and launchers are boring with their kill things in one hit PA's (which is what "good in MPA" means, I guess?)

PS: the only reason I didn't point out that rifle is good against bosses is because twin guns does it better... Elder Rebellion is ridiculous

Galax
Nov 11, 2012, 08:45 PM
I hate the mentality that when you read "I don't prefer to rush" you ACTUALLY read "You should play for fun not be efficient rajdflkadjsfa" No.
Shut up, please. Honestly. Or at least learn that you don't need to read into it so much.

Here is what I said.

"Well yeah, when you're under a time limit, that's one thing. But if you don't need to rush...I just don't see the point in rushing."

Here is what I meant.

"Time limit = rush and do your absolute best to meet the goal. No time limit, I don't see why you should rush rush rush."

Not you shouldn't be efficient. If you're thinking that's what I meant, perhaps you should read more and read INTO less. I play at lower efficiency than others and take my sweet time wiping out a map because THAT is what I find fun. Not walking in and aiming to kill the entire mission in no more than 5 minutes.

You find the second option fun? That's you. It's also not me.

Ark22
Nov 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
Better change that title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNjmzvLa4No

valmont
Nov 11, 2012, 11:19 PM
lol. it's the same video from page 4. ^^;
i bet she's waiting at the boss teleporter area(area 3 entrance) to refresh WB cooldown with WB already loaded.
if you look carefully, at the start of the fight with almost all of the bosses, she got her WB loaded with 4 bullet, but its already "ready to use again". ^^;

Xaeris
Nov 11, 2012, 11:23 PM
You don't even need to wait it out. Now that Weak Bullet's charges persist through zone changes, you can just load it up on your way to the teleporter and have it good to go by the time you get there.

Arika
Nov 11, 2012, 11:54 PM
And now, people gonna post this video over and over just like I expected it would be the next holy grail or something :/

I was the one who linked this video to titan at first, but I didn't expect him to post it in screen shot thread afterward, so I just told him to delete it at that time, reason being this community is kind of sensitive and one video could last more than one month long discussion.. Moreover some may start gunner because of this.. reduce class variety into monopoly. (So my plan was to just let Sega know the issue by reporting and keep it silent)

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2012, 12:03 AM
The thing is, they were just giving rangers and gunners what they've always whined they should have. Now they're whining that they're STILL not good enough, because they can't do the same thing to multiple targets. No class should be able to do anything like that to anything, regardless of gear. It's absurd. Not melee, not guns, not techs. Maybe with 4 players, maybe, but not solo.

They need to seriously limit the effectiveness of infinity fire and elder rebellion with WB and CT somehow, and tell them to fuck off if they want to be the best at literally everything. Then never add bullet hose PA's again.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 12, 2012, 12:05 AM
And now, people gonna post this video over and over just like I expected it would be the next holy grail or something :/

I was the one who linked this video to titan at first, but I didn't expect him to post it in screen shot thread afterward, so I just told him to delete it at that time, reason being this community is kind of sensitive and one video could last more than one month long discussion.. Moreover some may start gunner because of this.. reduce class variety into monopoly. (So my plan was to just let Sega know the issue by reporting and keep it silent)

y u hate video so much?!? more people see it, more people complain how broken GU/RA can be+^_^+ *gasps* omg, that's you in it...

valmont
Nov 12, 2012, 12:11 AM
You don't even need to wait it out. Now that Weak Bullet's charges persist through zone changes, you can just load it up on your way to the teleporter and have it good to go by the time you get there.

yeah i know, but if you load it up even when you're just about to enter area 3 it will still on cooldown when the fight starts.
or maybe she loaded it up way before.. who knows ^^;

Arika
Nov 12, 2012, 12:12 AM
Because I think that people complaining here will only cause:
1. some may quit the game or just lose motivation, thinking this game is broken.
2. some may change his class to gunner.
3. the more people complain, the more people know this, and caused more of 1. and 2. case. (while sega never check this forum, so it totally no help in balance)

very less likely that I will get anybody here to help me report to Sega Jp, so I just did it alone myself, and not cause any issue of 1. and 2. above.

Basically, It is most affective to just report this to JP, and not cause any of the 1. 2. 3.

valmont
Nov 12, 2012, 12:15 AM
oh god, Arika we'd better let this thread die now, there's already one new comment on youtube.. ^^;

Chik'Tikka
Nov 12, 2012, 12:19 AM
1. some may quit the game or just lose motivation, thinking this game is broken.
3. the more people complain, the more people know this, and caused more of 1. and 2. case. (while sega never check this forum, so it totally no help in balance)

very less likely that I will get anybody here to help me report to Sega Jp, so I just did it alone myself, and not cause any issue of 1. and 2. above.

Basically, It is most affective to just report this to JP, and not cause any of the 1. 2. 3.

i see where your coming at+^_^+ won't change my play style for boss killing though though, not one boss drops anything i want+^_^+

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2012, 12:22 AM

Except this is the case. This line of thinking is exactly the same as "But if you don't play it they won't make it!"

Well if it's not good they shouldn't be making it full stop.

If it warrants these behaviors, we should expedite the process so action is taken sooner. If it doesn't warrant these behaviors, then spreading the video makes no difference.

Neith
Nov 12, 2012, 03:06 PM
Just make Chain Trigger and Weak Bullet non-stackable. Increase the cooldown on Weak Bullet and/or reduce how effective it is. The way things stand, RA/GU is ridiculously overpowered.

Mind, the main issue is that the enemies aren't hard enough so having an overpowered class makes it even more noticable.

[spoiler-box]Deja vu of PSOBB RAmarls here[/spoiler-box]