PDA

View Full Version : SEGA ID Registration is Currently Region Blocked

Pages : [1] 2

SqueekyHippo
Nov 10, 2012, 03:36 AM
PSO2's registration and client downloads are now Region blocked, does this mean we're finally all going to see the end till Regionization? :/

Mod Edit: Thread title updated to be more specific. Also, only SEGA ID registrations are confirmed to be region-blocked at this time.

This change is also affecting SEGAs other online games that require a SEGA ID, not just PSO2.

Alenoir
Nov 10, 2012, 03:42 AM
SEGA ID got region blocked, yeah, but I just checked client download and have no problem starting it.

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 03:44 AM
I can say the same here.

SqueekyHippo
Nov 10, 2012, 03:45 AM
Odd i started the download and got the "Out of region" issue when it hit about 4% :<

eharima
Nov 10, 2012, 03:46 AM
Sure you don't just need a Japanese enabled browser?

Alenoir
Nov 10, 2012, 03:46 AM
Oh, I didn't really get far in the download, just started it to check if it's blocked.

SqueekyHippo
Nov 10, 2012, 03:47 AM
Nope, when you hit register it says >Not avalible in your region - even with it enabled it claims to not allow registration

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 03:48 AM
Hate having to use a thread I made for it, but here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202271

It is blocked with or without Japanese being enabled.

Alenoir
Nov 10, 2012, 03:48 AM

It's blocked. Probably to try to stop the RMTing.

eharima
Nov 10, 2012, 03:52 AM
Will be interesting to se what happens in the next update download.

otaku998
Nov 10, 2012, 03:53 AM
This kinda worries me, i don't want to move out from JP server : <

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 03:54 AM
This kinda worries me, i don't want to move out from JP server : <
With over 13,000 accounts banned for hacking/exploits/RMT, I can imagine it not being a difficult choice to make.

otaku998
Nov 10, 2012, 03:57 AM
Darn, if i am kicked out of JP, i might as well drop the game too, i don't think my net or my patience is good enough for the US/EU server.

Rende
Nov 10, 2012, 03:59 AM
it seems the official website has also been region blocked. cant access the official web anymore

NoiseHERO
Nov 10, 2012, 04:00 AM
I don't want ya'll in my game either.

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 04:02 AM
Not to make you look bad SqueekyHippo, but I'm at the 5.4% on the downloader. I'll wait until around 10% to see if I get the same thing you are.

Alenoir
Nov 10, 2012, 04:03 AM
it seems the official website has also been region blocked. cant access the official web anymore

I can still access it at the moment.

Xaeris
Nov 10, 2012, 04:04 AM
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing, but both the JP PSO2 page and account login are working fine for me, as of this posting.

SqueekyHippo
Nov 10, 2012, 04:05 AM
Not to make you look bad SqueekyHippo, but I'm at the 5.4% on the downloader. I'll wait until around 10% to see if I get the same thing you are.

I reset it twice and its gone past 10% now, still had me worried D:

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 04:07 AM
Could be a problem during the download the first time. I've gotten to 10% without incident.

Edit: On a side not, you don't happen to be that pink/grey cast ranger now are you?

Syklo
Nov 10, 2012, 04:17 AM
Does this mean we won't be able to patch as well?

SqueekyHippo
Nov 10, 2012, 04:19 AM
Could be a problem during the download the first time. I've gotten to 10% without incident.

Edit: On a side not, you don't happen to be that pink/grey cast ranger now are you?

Pink white yes :3 - thats my little casty : o

dioje
Nov 10, 2012, 04:20 AM
「お客様の環境からはご利用できません。」

Hmm. Possible they COULD be prepping for a region lock soon. If so, at least they gave us til the end of the year cuz they had more than enough of a reason to do it wayyy long time ago

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 04:21 AM
Pink white yes :3 - thats my little casty : o
I'm the blonde red cast staring at the quest counter.

For a better reference, refer to the middle portion of my signature.

DemonMike
Nov 10, 2012, 04:44 AM
I could see this coming ever since the revision of the ToS back in August. Although I hoped and still do hope I'm wrong, a block seems to be coming and the hints have been there. The most recent was the blocking of AMEX in my opinion.

I'll be fine until July, but I guess I should start considering my options for VPN's.

jooozek
Nov 10, 2012, 04:49 AM
Good riddance I daresay.

ShadowDragon28
Nov 10, 2012, 04:51 AM
wtf? i pray this is just panic over nothing. we better not be region blocked.

EvilMag
Nov 10, 2012, 04:53 AM
wtf? i pray this is just panic over nothing. we better not be region blocked.

This is PSOW. Of course people are panicking over nothing.

Xaelouse
Nov 10, 2012, 04:54 AM
welp, I had a good time to say the least

Arika
Nov 10, 2012, 04:56 AM

Sorry, but I check official site nearly everyday. I don't think it ever have any block. And since other people could download stuff that is blocked for you too. So I think it is more about something on your end.

EvilMag
Nov 10, 2012, 04:57 AM
Sorry, but I check official site nearly everyday. I don't think it ever have any block. And since other people could download stuff that is blocked for you too. So I think it is more about something on your end.

Also notice how this thread this guy started is the first post he made?

You guys are seriously too easy...

Keii
Nov 10, 2012, 05:01 AM
Site itself isn't blocked, but I can confirm that trying to enter the SEGA-ID site gives a 'can't access from you region" error.

Arika
Nov 10, 2012, 05:07 AM
Site itself isn't blocked, but I can confirm that trying to enter the SEGA-ID site gives a 'can't access from you region" error.

1. I did it, and I not get any error, I m on AC charge page right now. I also checked my information page awhile back.

2. your psow location says that you are in JP, so how could you get error about being outside of region anyway?

Keii
Nov 10, 2012, 05:10 AM
1. I did it, and I not get any error, I m on AC charge page right now. I also checked my information page awhile back.

2. your psow location says that you are in JP, so how could you get error about being outside of region anyway?
1. It's "お客様の環境からはご利用できません。 " for me. :(
2. I'm in the middle of a 3 month long vacation in my home country at the moment, going back there in January but found changing the location just for that to be a tad annoying so I left it as it was. ^^;

Edit:
Ah, got it. You can't create a new sega ID from outside Japan (the registration button on the Player's site), but you can access your old one to manage it.

Ogni-XR21
Nov 10, 2012, 05:23 AM
Could this be an elaborate plan of SoA to scare people into not starting on the JP server?!?!

eharima
Nov 10, 2012, 05:29 AM
Luckily my vpn provider offers jp anyway.

Here is a free web proxy if anyone needs to register an account

t .
Like this will help combat rmt www

http://www.proxyhide.org/

Select japan, paste URL.

plasism
Nov 10, 2012, 05:34 AM
So basically they're blocking only the creation of new accounts? Does this mean they won't touch those who are already registered and playing the game?

DemonMike
Nov 10, 2012, 05:38 AM
So basically they're blocking only the creation of new accounts? Does this mean they won't touch those who are already registered and playing the game?

Probably for the time being. Once the NA/EU server is up, I imagine they'll start blocking gameplay because it's in their interest that you cough up some cash in your regions version of the game.

The only way for people to get AC now from overseas is from Bit Cash resellers thanks to all the blocks, so I would not be surprised if foreign players get blocked from the JP version.

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 05:45 AM
It could be to stop more RMT bots from being created, I have been online for the past hour and there are still plenty around. Probably a measure to try and stop the flow of bots and exploits.

Arika
Nov 10, 2012, 06:26 AM
Probably for the time being. Once the NA/EU server is up, I imagine they'll start blocking gameplay because it's in their interest that you cough up some cash in your regions version of the game.

The only way for people to get AC now from overseas is from Bit Cash resellers thanks to all the blocks, so I would not be surprised if foreign players get blocked from the JP version.

Sakai mention before that he see so many foreign players already invest a lot of time into game so he doesn't want to block them.

So, it make sense if this only block new player.

DemonMike
Nov 10, 2012, 06:28 AM
Sakai mention before that he see so many foreign players already invest a lot of time into game so he doesn't want to block them.

So, it make sense if this only block new player.

I hope he sticks to his guns on that, major respect to Sakai. But I don't think he can do much if the higher management calls for it to stop, good thing I can't see that happening for a while considering the game is exceeding expectations.

Takatsuki
Nov 10, 2012, 06:44 AM
I wouldn't mind having to go to the English version if they allowed us to transfer our characters from the Japanese version. I have five classes at 40+, like hell I'm gonna do that all over again.

otaku998
Nov 10, 2012, 06:55 AM
I wouldn't mind having to go to the English version if they allowed us to transfer our characters from the Japanese version. I have five classes at 40+, like hell I'm gonna do that all over again.

And all dem rare too

Pirrip
Nov 10, 2012, 06:56 AM
I plan to be in Japan sometime early next year. I'd be happy to start new JP accounts for people.

eharima
Nov 10, 2012, 07:21 AM
Lol? Its not the dark ages of pen and paper ...
Just use the proxy I posted last page.

If your getting webmoney codes for no markup, that actually makes you a good citizen.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 10, 2012, 07:26 AM
Lol? Its not the dark ages of pen and paper ...
Just use the proxy I posted last page.

If your getting webmoney codes for no markup, that actually makes you a good citizen.

What markup?

Sizustar
Nov 10, 2012, 07:31 AM
I hope he sticks to his guns on that, major respect to Sakai. But I don't think he can do much if the higher management calls for it to stop, good thing I can't see that happening for a while considering the game is exceeding expectations.

This just seems to be a way to block the RMTer from making new Act, whether it be a temporary or permanant solution, wait and see if Sakai update the official blog.

eharima
Nov 10, 2012, 08:19 AM
What markup?
You don't understand resellers?

This just seems to be a way to block the RMTer from making new Act, whether it be a temporary or permanant solution, wait and see if Sakai update the official blog.

No. It was bypassed in 15seconds. Its not even an inconvenience for rmt.
The most effective way to block is by ssn Korea style.

Tcrusader51
Nov 10, 2012, 08:22 AM
I'm kind of disappointed that they started the process of blocking and still no update on NA sega release or rather anything. However, it's not like I didn't see this coming.

metatime
Nov 10, 2012, 08:44 AM
It's because the US version is coming out soon.

MMO usually region lock to serve their own regions.

Could this be an elaborate plan of SoA to scare people into not starting on the JP server?!?!

I guess that's one way to put it but the US version is coming out soon.

MMO companies usually region lock to serve their own regions.

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 10, 2012, 08:49 AM

It's probably a temporary block while they figure out a better solution that doesn't block a legit player looking to make an account.

Lostbob117
Nov 10, 2012, 08:52 AM
Have someone upload the installers for you.

Hellahym
Nov 10, 2012, 08:54 AM
How long for a US release? Maybe is just a a move Sega do to force people to the US server... idk.

Sammickk
Nov 10, 2012, 08:58 AM
I hope this is a sign English version coming soon,

1. No they will not let you transfer characters, as english people who have waited PATIENTLY (cough damn you SEGA Cough) for the english Version wouldn't find that fair

2. I still think that once the US version releases, there will be full region lock.

3. Wonder how this will affect a content update? What would happen if you coudn't/didn't update? can u still start the game and just not have the new content?
in old PSO we could still play with version 2 players.

4. Hate to say it but if you can get by this using a proxy... this security measure is a total FAIL!

metatime
Nov 10, 2012, 09:01 AM
It's probably a temporary block while they figure out a better solution that doesn't block a legit player looking to make an account.

Nah I can almost assure it's 99% because of the US release coming soon.

Takatsuki
Nov 10, 2012, 09:05 AM

You have said that three times now.

Sammickk
Nov 10, 2012, 09:15 AM
lol 3rd times a charm? three times for good luck?

Griffin
Nov 10, 2012, 09:24 AM
Super curious now. Oooo what's gonna happen!?

Shirokami
Nov 10, 2012, 09:30 AM
Well, I wonder if US client will support my saved character data, it took me quite some time to design mine and I don't want it looking any different...

Maronji
Nov 10, 2012, 09:38 AM
@Arios: I could be wrong, but I think Shirokami is referring to the Save/Load Data function in character creation, which allows you to save a copy of your character's data (which is useful if you end up remaking your character and don't want to spend half an hour trying to figure out how you tweaked certain things). That said...

Well, I wonder if US client will support my saved character data, it took me quite some time to design mine and I don't want it looking any different...

As long as they don't mysteriously nuke the "Save/Load Data" function (I'd assume even if they didn't bring over the Character Creator demo, they don't really have much of a reason to), you'll probably be fine.

Of course, if they do, then I'll be mad right with you, because I made a character in the CC demo specifically for the pseudo-International version, and if I have to redo that from scratch (the face/body morphing not saving what you did to it is what gets me), I'll have to go on a rampage through all the free fields on the JP server (provided we're not IP blocked) back-to-back and mass-murder all mobs in my path (I'm looking at you, Vol Dragon, and your not giving me that accursed Alva Cane).

The Walrus
Nov 10, 2012, 09:39 AM
Can't think of any reason they'd prevent you from using it

Arios
Nov 10, 2012, 09:40 AM
@Arios: I could be wrong, but I think Shirokami is referring to the Save/Load Data function in character creation, which allows you to save a copy of your character's data (which is useful if you end up remaking your character and don't want to spend half an hour trying to figure out how you tweaked certain things). That said...

As long as they don't mysteriously nuke the "Save/Load Data" function (I'd assume even if they didn't bring over the Character Creator demo, they don't really have much of a reason to), you'll probably be fine.

Of course, if they do, then I'll be mad right with you, because I made a character in the CC demo specifically for the pseudo-International version, and if I have to redo that from scratch (the face/body morphing not saving what you did to it is what gets me), I'll have to go on a rampage through all the free fields on the JP server (provided we're not IP blocked) back-to-back and mass-murder all mobs in my path (I'm looking at you, Vol Dragon, and your not giving me that accursed Alva Cane).

Oh, i see...hope they support that too lol. Sorry for the misunderstanding...:-P

Aeris
Nov 10, 2012, 09:55 AM
I went to the client download just fine, wonder what browser you used when accessing it.

Edit: Seems like their registration page is down to me or blocked for a reason atm.

Keilyn
Nov 10, 2012, 10:02 AM
I wonder how it would be handled.

Save Data is a tricky thing and with players buying costumes it means those costumes will have to exist for the save data to work unless it is programmed that in transfering your data over, that you will lose the content that does not exist in the next version.

If they release a U.S version, the first thing I would do if I played it was attempt to gather several players from here to play together as a group and curtail the idea of spending even a dime on that game.

I do not approve of the way SoJ has handled or treated its non-Japanese playerbase. Its amazing how SEGA makes a PC game but treats players worse than how companies treat console gamers.

Arios
Nov 10, 2012, 10:03 AM
I went to the client download just fine, wonder what browser you used when accessing it.

Edit: Seems like their registration page is down to me or blocked for a reason atm.

It's not down to you, it's blocked for non-japanese. New accounts can't be created, older ones are fine for now.

Aeris
Nov 10, 2012, 10:06 AM
Yeah from reading this just now: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-sega-id-registration-page-error/

Sizustar
Nov 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
I wonder how it would be handled.

Save Data is a tricky thing and with players buying costumes it means those costumes will have to exist for the save data to work unless it is programmed that in transfering your data over, that you will lose the content that does not exist in the next version.

If they release a U.S version, the first thing I would do if I played it was attempt to gather several players from here to play together as a group and curtail the idea of spending even a dime on that game.

I do not approve of the way SoJ has handled or treated its non-Japanese playerbase. Its amazing how SEGA makes a PC game but treats players worse than how companies treat console gamers.

Your account won't have access to it.
So even though it is possible to "get" a koffee outfit in the Character creator, when you transfer the character in game, it will switch to a default outfit.

If anything related to the International Version, that would be from Sega of America, not from Sega of Japan.

Gama
Nov 10, 2012, 10:34 AM
are we unable to update the game?

Shirokami
Nov 10, 2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I meant character design saved data, sorry for not expressing well o.o

Takatsuki
Nov 10, 2012, 10:36 AM
are we unable to update the game?

A friend of mine did a file check earlier and it still works for him.

Gama
Nov 10, 2012, 10:37 AM
so new accounts are blocked and new client downloads are also blocked?

what prevents RMT ers from using a japanese proxy to create an account, the client itself is acessible from other places.

so i see no reason for sega doing this.

making it harder for dumber rmt ers?

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 10:41 AM
Ha ha, we all knew this might be coming. I won't be surprised if they full on with a block. I don't think it'd be wise, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Gama
Nov 10, 2012, 10:42 AM
it may also be something temporary. keeping positive.

http://bumped.org/psublog/ info about it.

Yuzune
Nov 10, 2012, 10:52 AM
i hope this is just temporary,

and i hope they not banned my ID or not allowed me to in-game.....

Reiketsu
Nov 10, 2012, 10:55 AM
Well, if they block us, it's good bye to PSO2 for me, so it would definitely suck :/

Sierhiet
Nov 10, 2012, 11:01 AM
Brace Yourselves.

Yuzune
Nov 10, 2012, 11:03 AM
Well, if they block us, it's good bye to PSO2 for me, so it would definitely suck :/

when you put it like that, it's kinda sad.....or frustrating!
not even one month i'm playing this game :(

BIG OLAF
Nov 10, 2012, 11:09 AM
Brace Yourselves.

I was waitin' for this guy to rear his head.

Anyway, I'm sure it's just a precautionary measure against RMTers and the like. I highly doubt they'll go insofar as to 'block' (ban) all foreign players. it's obvious who's an RMTer and who isn't. They can make those distinctions.

Kaleb
Nov 10, 2012, 11:10 AM
The JP community(the majority any way) does not want us gone. Sakai does not want us gone. SEGA does not want us gone(we're more money in their pocket). What they're TRYING to do is stimy the influx of hackers. Problem is proxy websites and other methods will continue to allow hackers to get around any measurees Sakai and SEGA take against them.

Ultimately I don't see us getting IP blocked from the JP servers. At the very most we won't be able to make new accounts(boohoo just buy AC and make a new character that way -- or hell use a proxy to register a new account).

lunarsoul
Nov 10, 2012, 11:15 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if half of the bots were from Japan but since their names are in the Alphabet "asoduhawlfdwjd" they just assume every one of them is foreign and so they just blame it all on solely the big bad gaijins, even when I know a ton of JP players that have alphabet names because they think its cool. And since they also talk some english its assumed they are a foriegn player too. I would be really pissed off if they end up blocking us all off totally since all the effort I put into this game would go to waste. I am not going to the NA/EU servers, even judging from the JP server, I feel its going to be alot worse over there and its going to be hell to play legitimately and not get screwed over by even more cheaters/bots and lack of updates.

Keiko_Seisha
Nov 10, 2012, 11:20 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if half of the bots were from Japan but since their names are in the Alphabet "asoduhawlfdwjd" they just assume every one of them is foreign and so they just blame it all on solely the big bad gaijins, even when I know a ton of JP players that have alphabet names because they think its cool. And since they also talk some english its assumed they are a foriegn player too. I would be really pissed off if they end up blocking us all off totally since all the effort I put into this game would go to waste. I am not going to the NA/EU servers, even judging from the JP server, I feel its going to be alot worse over there and its going to be hell to play legitimately and not get screwed over by even more cheaters/bots and lack of updates.

IP checks. They're probably all connections from IPs outside Japan. I doubt they would assume based solely on account/character names. They probably have other checks as well, especially if many of the accounts are being made from the same IP.

firefiore
Nov 10, 2012, 11:23 AM
If by some chance they region-block us, I will likely never bother with the other versions of the game. I detest starting all the from scratch, and the economy in the user shops will be the WORST! We are going to be at the mercy at over a million english-speaking players who think that their one monomate is worth a billion meseta.

Yuzune
Nov 10, 2012, 11:24 AM
hoping for a good news for this one, now i'm playing but i'm reluctant to level up :( oh man....just like lunarsoul said, i put all of my effort for this one and i don't want to get banned or blocked in-game and also i'm still doubt that i will play for NA/EU servers cuz i'm still live near JP region.

IP checks. They're probably all connections from IPs outside Japan. I doubt they would assume based solely on account/character names. They probably have other checks as well, especially if many of the accounts are being made from the same IP.

hmm...yeah i think that so , but i hope they understand that i've create an account about 3 times with same IP bcuz i mess up with ID name D;

Sierhiet
Nov 10, 2012, 11:25 AM
I was waitin' for this guy to rear his head.

Flattered, but for what exactly? Everyone has acknowledged this as a possibility and many have been calling it since June. That is, if it's actually happening.

Griffin
Nov 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
If by some chance they region-block us, I will likely never bother with the other versions of the game. I detest starting all the from scratch, and the economy in the user shops will be the WORST! We are going to be at the mercy at over a million english-speaking players who think that their one monomate is worth a billion meseta.

Can I borrow that crystal ball you're using?

I question your cynicism toward "english speakers".

Kimil Adrayne
Nov 10, 2012, 11:45 AM
All these people whinnying about having to start over, lol.
This is par for the course with PSO games: remember all those times your memory card data would corrupt? Or having to restart from version to sermon (DC to GC to XBOX to PC) and those of you who moved around in PSU from PS2 to 360 and then the PSP versions?

This is nothing new. Start over, and treat your old JP stuff as the trial an error period.

Arika
Nov 10, 2012, 11:46 AM
There are two type of people here :
One that are so easily to get panic, and one that love to make another people panic.

Discuss anything here won't get you further into the truth because everybody is just guessing, and mostly you are hearing idea from those people who always stay around psow to cause the panic... = =

Most players who actually active playing the game atm only enjoy the game atm, even after they heard this news.

If they want to do the full IP block, they can always do it right away, no point to only block the new registration. Blocking registration make more sense to keep RMT from remaking account (since it is free to play). Sakai mentioned it in his blog also that he had problem of them remaking account. Another reason would be that it is near NA release, and they rather have those players who are going to start soon in JP to just start in NA server. This doesn't affect much really.. because almost all the people who plan to play in JP server should have been already in the game by now. For those who had patient to wait this long, just continue waiting until NA server launch. This is according to his word that he not mind the players who already played to continue, but of course, that message infer that he wouldn't want to get more of foreigner than the current playing.

So it is best to stay claim and keep an eyes to it. If they open registration again, then it is likely to be RMT countermeasure, if they not open again, then those new players just wait for NA server as they have been waiting.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 11:48 AM
Hey guys remember that time you realized your char was the wrong section ID and you didn't have online mode so had to make another one?

And get another controller to trade the item to your first char?

Yeah.

Really though, with 6 separate classes we ARE pretty much raising each one as a different char, if we're comparing to PSO1. Unless we're smart and dumping CO's on them.

BIG OLAF
Nov 10, 2012, 11:48 AM
There are two type of people here :
One that are so easily to get panic, and one that love to make another people panic.

So, which one are you? That's a bit of a false dichotomy. I see plenty of individuals in this thread that aren't doing either.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 10, 2012, 11:49 AM
Oh my, this is interesting news, and I already see people reacting to it~

I'm just gonna...wait for something to happen before I worry.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 11:53 AM
in re: Arika & Olaf

Who here really didn't think IP banning was a possibility? Seriously. Who here signed up for this game with 100% confidence that we would never, ever, ever be banned?

Did ANYONE not see this as a potential outcome? We all knew this was completely plausible. Some people even quit preemptively because they cannot bare the thought of losing pixels. Some of us have created so many characters in so many games that we consider it par for the course of playing an online RPG.

Can anyone here say they're actually surprised by this?

That's not even to say it's certain we're being banned, but still. That doesn't mean it won't happen.

Shirokami
Nov 10, 2012, 11:54 AM
I'm not surprised, yet it would be painful for me to lose my character.

[Ayumi]
Nov 10, 2012, 11:55 AM
All these people whinnying about having to start over, lol.
This is par for the course with PSO games: remember all those times your memory card data would corrupt? Or having to restart from version to sermon (DC to GC to XBOX to PC) and those of you who moved around in PSU from PS2 to 360 and then the PSP versions?

This is nothing new. Start over, and treat your old JP stuff as the trial an error period.

1. My memory card never corrupted. (Before you call BS, I had one of those third party cards that for some reason if it were to be near corrupting it would somehow shut itself down from the console making it safe from it)

2. DC to GC was abour 3 years or so, and much more was added. I had no problem with this. I couldn't get on the Xbox and only played the PC version a week before PSU due to me still being on dial up. I won't consider maybe 5 months to 3 years, sorry. Same for it was years since I went from PC to 360 to then JPN of PSU.

Ezodagrom
I was already planning on playing in both versions, starting from scratch is not a big deal for me, but these news, I'm starting to consider dropping the japanese version when the english version launches, independently of content delays.

If this measure turns out to be permanent, the english speaking population in the japanese version is just going to keep decreasing (especially when the english version launches). With close to no new players arriving, it won't be fun if there's no one to play with.
Even if this measure isn't permanent, there will always be a risk that this measure may be applied again in the future, or even countries outside of japan may end up being blocked.

Until the english version launches though, I'll just enjoy my time in the japanese version. When the english version launches, I'll probably wait a few days or weeks before I make the jump though, to avoid the early days rush of players, and to see which ship will be better for me.

Sammickk
Can I borrow that crystal ball you're using?

I question your cynicism toward "english speakers".

i agree here..... no one can say for sure until its released.

I will probably get flammed for this, but come on guys suck it up!

if SOJ wanted US on thier servers to stay, they would Add in english language support in the JP client!
Now they may not mind that your on there. (for now) but it's not the end of the world to re-roll!! Hell i re-rolled my Wizard from IRO TWO TIMES from a lvl 53, back to lvl 1 then from a lvl 89 back to 1 and lvled again to 99! and lets talk rares, took me two years to get the gear i wanted! CHeck IRO's lvl exp requirements! there FAR greater than PSO2. It all comes down to if you like the game that much or not....if its not worth your time to re-roll then the game must not be that apealing to you.

oh wait, wizard re-rolled 3 times, there was a character wipe at the end of Beta

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 12:00 PM
i agree here..... no one can say for sure until its released.

I will probably get flammed for this, but come on guys suck it up!

if SOJ wanted US on thier servers to stay, they would Add in english language support in the JP client!

Yeah, no. There are games counting in the thousands whose developers won't ban foreigners but won't support their language either. I know this because money.

You want to pay us more money even if we won't cater to you? Sure ok we won't argue with that logic.

This is like saying Wal*Mart is making it illegal to buy products with english labels if you don't speak english. Just...no. They wouldn't turn away more money.

You really, really like to go on and on with nonsensical reasons why the EN version is better. It is not better. It is just a different server. You want to play on the EN version instead of the JP version? Sure, go for it. Don't try to make up cockamamie reasons why everyone else should do it too, though. Their preference does not make them wrong, same way yours doesn't make you wrong.

Sammickk
Nov 10, 2012, 12:03 PM
welp never said the english version was better, just that you'll be able to read things soo your wrong on that

Yeah, no. There are games counting in the thousands whose developers won't ban foreigners but won't support their language either. I know this because money.

You want to pay us more money even if we won't cater to you? Sure ok we won't argue with that logic.

This is like saying Wal*Mart is making it illegal to buy products with english labels if you don't speak english. Just...no. They wouldn't turn away more money.

You really, really like to go on and on with nonsensical reasons why the EN version is better. It is not better. It is just a different server. You want to play on the EN version instead of the JP version? Sure, go for it. Don't try to make up cockamamie reasons why everyone else should do it too, though. Their preference does not make them wrong, same way yours doesn't make you wrong.

also what i was getting at is people hating on the re-roll, its not THAT bad and if i don't try to ease peoples hatred about the EN servers, and JP does an IP ban... well thats just more people lost....on both servers! i dont care if people Stay on JP or not just don't be so quick to wright off the NA Servers... and you are correct Preference does NOT make them wrong!

Reiketsu
Nov 10, 2012, 12:11 PM
Who here really didn't think IP banning was a possibility? Seriously. Who here signed up for this game with 100% confidence that we would never, ever, ever be banned?

I always had that possibility in mind. I had to decide to either stop playing altogether or continue and enjoy it as long as I can. And I did the latter.
It would still suck to lose everything, though.

And no, I never had to deal with corrupted Memory Cards, either, and no, there is no game I ever started playing again after losing so much progress, lol
PSO2 is actually the first online RPG I really played to this extent.
If everything's gone, well... not the end of the world, but I don't have the patience of going through everything I did again.
I'd just play something else instead, I guess :-?

But yeah, nothing's set in stone, yet.
It's making me feel uneasy, but we'll see how this turns out!

gundam0079
Nov 10, 2012, 12:14 PM
VPN time!!!!!
guess we will have to wait and see in the next coming weeks. everything is all fine and dandy for me. didnt have a problem downloading the update after te recent maintainence

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 12:17 PM
welp never said the english version was better, just that you'll be able to read things soo your wrong on that

I'm too lazy to look for where you said the EN version would be better, so I'll just leave that. On the other hand, you and pushing the EN version are pretty much the panic-over-nothing version of Chik'Tikka and his +^_^+ faces.

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 12:17 PM
FYI, unless they jack up the prices on this side of the pond, it's actually better for them for you to buy AC using Webmoney due to the exchange rate.

Considering market conditions, it's actually rather likely that they'll end up giving us a discount ($10 for 1000 AC instead of the equivalent of $12.50, or more considering WM mark-up).

Either way, though, I ain't movin'. Heh.

Sammickk
Nov 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
And no, I never had to deal with corrupted Memory Cards,

mine did....lost my Gamecube save once. I'm just used to the time it takes to lvl a character i guess. Dont get so discouraged over it, yea it sucks....but sometimes u can correct mistakes on your build.

gravityvx
Nov 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
Oh no, we're getting IP banned, it's the end of the world, the end of pso2 and our characters as we know it, again. K.

Sierhiet
Nov 10, 2012, 12:24 PM

You'd be surprised. Many have remained defiantly optimistic due to the fact that there was no IP block for JP PSU, which I suppose is valid.

Sp-24
Nov 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
They could also set up an IP restriction on the download server and player's site, like KOEI-Tecmo did with their F2P game. You can play (and even update) just fine from anywhere, but good luck getting the game in the first place.

Reposting. I have no idea how can anybody still be surprised by any of this.

Sammickk
Nov 10, 2012, 12:25 PM
I'm too lazy to look for where you said the EN version would be better, so I'll just leave that. On the other hand, you and pushing the EN version are pretty much the panic-over-nothing version of Chik'Tikka and his +^_^+ faces.

hahahah i doo tend to panic!, just makes me sad to see that IF these people do loose thier character that they wound't even play the NA/International/US release......wait doesn anyone know what it is for sure? are we getting an International or NA/Canada Release?

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 12:30 PM
You'd be surprised. Many have remained defiantly optimistic due to the fact that there was no IP block for JP PSU, which I suppose is valid.

Well, that is valid for rationalizing why it might not happen - but it happening is still entirely possible. So possible that any time I sign into the game I don't even fully expect to be able to connect. It's just the nature of playing on a foreign server. We knew what we were getting into as soon as we put in our character ID.

hahahah i doo tend to panic!, just makes me sad to see that IF these people do loose thier character that they wound't even play the NA/International/US release......wait doesn anyone know what it is for sure? are we getting an International or NA/Canada Release?

To the best of my knowledge, we're looking at a JP version (the only existing server right now) and then an english version for pretty much every country that speaks english (plus plenty that don't, I bet).

Ezodagrom
Nov 10, 2012, 12:31 PM
I think it was mentioned before that the NA and Europe will share the same servers.

firefiore
Nov 10, 2012, 12:46 PM
I too would like to know how they are going to make the PSO2 western version better.

NoiseHERO
Nov 10, 2012, 12:52 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if they blocked new accounts and players, but not player who have already been here a while outside Japan. Seen a few games do that...

Sierhiet
Nov 10, 2012, 12:55 PM
Well, that is valid for rationalizing why it might not happen - but it happening is still entirely possible. So possible that any time I sign into the game I don't even fully expect to be able to connect. It's just the nature of playing on a foreign server. We knew what we were getting into as soon as we put in our character ID.

I agree. I'm simply sharing the unfortunate fact of the matter. There is going to be a stream of bitter JP rollers if this come's to fruition. They're going to feel blindsided like the Romney campaign on Tuesday.

metatime
Nov 10, 2012, 01:09 PM
You have said that three times now.

Sorry if I seem like I'm repeating myself. This is going to be a multi-page discussion because of people's fears and hate are going to fill this topic up and a lot of posts are simply going to be speculations on why Sega JP hating outsiders so much.

This is simply business. It's not meant to offend anyone but some people are easily sensitive. It's not like they simply have a grudge against you, a single person, because they hate you or anything. It's only because the US version is coming and testing/implementing blocks to service their regions.

This might be just a test in the end and they won't block people. Sega will release a statement about it eventually.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 01:10 PM
I agree. I'm simply sharing the unfortunate fact of the matter. There is going to be a stream of bitter JP rollers if this come's to fruition. They're going to feel blindsided like the Romney campaign on Tuesday.

You know, I was saving this exact comparison for an especially entrenched post...

Ezodagrom
Nov 10, 2012, 01:20 PM
Sorry if I seem like I'm repeating myself. This is going to be a multi-page discussion because of people's fears and hate are going to fill this topic up and a lot of posts are simply going to be speculations on why Sega JP hating outsiders so much.

This is simply business. It's not meant to offend anyone but some people are easily sensitive. It's not like they simply have a grudge against you, a single person, because they hate you or anything. It's only because the US version is coming and testing/implementing blocks to service their regions.

This might be just a test in the end and they won't block people. Sega will release a statement about it eventually.
We're still months away from the english version, the most likely reason for the block is because of cheaters and RMTs/bots that keep creating new accounts.

Griffin
Nov 10, 2012, 01:26 PM

I'm with you on that. It's one of few reasons why I haven't purchuased AC.

Cranberry
Nov 10, 2012, 01:43 PM
I blame Orpa. He probably crashed into the authentication server or something.

EvilMag
Nov 10, 2012, 01:44 PM
I blame Orpa. He probably crashed into the authentication server or something.

Best post ever. You deserve all the Koltova dolls Cran!

Sierhiet
Nov 10, 2012, 01:56 PM
I'm with you on that. It's one of few reasons why I haven't purchuased AC.

Obviously, that was a wise decision of your's, but there have been people who've dumped hundreds of dollars in AC at this point, simply off of the strength of that fact. They were convinced. Just the other week in response to the AmEx block, people thought it would be wise to dump even more. If this indeed comes to fruition, they will not be pleased and shade will be thrown everywhere, despite the consistent red flags since July (arguably since Beta).

I simply hope this is a subtle precursor to an EN release, earlier then anyone predicted. 2013 was the official word, but you never know. It has arguably been long enough of a wait already.

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 02:03 PM
Obviously, that was a wise decision of your's, but there have been people who've dumped hundreds of dollars in AC at this point, simply off of the strength of that fact. They were convinced. Just the other week in response to the AmEx block, people thought it would be wise to dump even more. If this indeed comes to fruition, they will not be pleased and shade will be thrown everywhere, despite the consistent red flags since July (arguably since Beta).

I simply hope this is a subtle precursor to an EN release, earlier then anyone predicted. 2013 was the official word, but you never know. It has arguably been long enough of a wait already.
Hey, people will do with their money whatever the hell they wanna do.

If a region block comes to pass and people pay for a VPN to continue playing, they're entirely within their rights to do so and it is not even close to being a stupid idea because, y'know, it's their money and their time. It's not even that expensive (especially next to paying for things like cable TV).

I'm getting kind of tired of that. I put money into the game knowing full well a region lock is possible and I really don't give two shits about that, and the constant noise about it being "unwise" just pisses me off. No, it is not wrong for me to spend my money where I damn well please, and I would appreciate it if people stopped bloody questioning it!

Damn, and I was in a good mood this afternoon, too, until this junk came along.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 02:07 PM
Indeed, most people throwing money at this game knew full well it might happen. They just considered it worth it.

Let's be frank: All online games are taken down eventually. We've all thrown money at them. The only difference is they consider a shorter amount of time (and more clothes, I guess) to be worth more money.

Powder Keg
Nov 10, 2012, 02:09 PM
"Play our shit version instead"

Boy does this company need to die more than ever...

The Walrus
Nov 10, 2012, 02:10 PM
Well this is Casual Kawaii dress up Online 2 after all. It would be nothing without sexay costumes

[Ayumi]
Nov 10, 2012, 02:17 PM
Well this is Casual Kawaii dress up Online 2 after all. It would be nothing without sexay costumes

I can easily deal without sexy outfits. I wouldn't miss them one bit.

gigawuts
Nov 10, 2012, 02:23 PM
I don't have any sexy outfits and I'm unable to cope. Where's my robokini?

The bathing trunks are tiding me over for now but I can't last much longer without a robokini.

Aewyn
Nov 10, 2012, 02:39 PM
Just a self-note... all the money I put into PSO2 was eventually refunded to me in bulk about two months after I made my purchases, and they were charged. The money came from a completely different source than the previous ones that had been "denied", so... effectively, I've played this game for free.

The only thing that'd bother me now is time lost.

Sierhiet
Nov 10, 2012, 02:46 PM

If a region block comes to pass and people pay for a VPN to continue playing, they're entirely within their rights to do so and it is not even close to being a stupid idea because, y'know, it's their money and their time. It's not even that expensive (especially next to paying for things like cable TV).

I'm getting kind of tired of that. I put money into the game knowing full well a region lock is possible and I really don't give two shits about that, and the constant noise about it being "unwise" just pisses me off. No, it is not wrong for me to spend my money where I damn well please, and I would appreciate it if people stopped bloody questioning it!

Damn, and I was in a good mood this afternoon, too, until this junk came along.

You are completely missing the point, once again. I don't understand why you constantly take personal offense somehow, and feel the need to speak on everyone's behalf when it comes to the whole matter of opinion and money. You constantly sound bitter.

My post was not constructed to vilify you or anyone for spending their money the way they want. That is your prerogative. No one cares. The whole point of the exchange between gigawuts and I was to simply acknowledge the collective player base who did the exact opposite of what you've done. That is, the one's who we're convinced a region block was not going to happen and are going to be fairly upset if/when said IP block occurs because they dismissed it as borderline impossible. They dumped a lot of money into this as of today with liquid confidence, and they are going to feel their money was wasted. They will also proceed to storm these threads and bicker about how Sega should have taken their money, they are valid customers, ect. If you feel differently, that is completely fine. However, the people who dumped X amount of dollars into AC after the AmEx issue just the other week, who will now in turn find they cannot use said AC, will disagree. They exist.

Read the damn thread. Not everyone has had your same experience, and not everyone will have your take.

BahnKnakyu
Nov 10, 2012, 03:04 PM
Everyone on PSO-World hitting the PANIC button again.

I really think we need to wait until Sakai makes a blogpost or there's some sort of official announcement from Sega about this. Until then, there are simple bypasses around this to allow people to create new accounts.

What bothers me is that I don't think Sega realizes that putting this region lock in the game isn't going to stop RMTers at all. RMTers are organized groups - they've seen this kind of crap in countless games and know how to get around these things.

I just wonder if SoJ ever does a full region lock of account management and login if the RMTers will just give up or actually spend the extra money to set up some sort of private VPN for themselves to use to continue to abuse the game.

They don't seem to be making as much of a dent on the economy though. Because they allow people to make descriptions and whatnot for their shops, it's pretty easy to tell the legitimate players from the RMTers, since a lot of players go out of their ways to put in a long description and/or some entertaining picture to attract customers.

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 03:08 PM
Funny, I don't see these people here... or anywhere, for that matter.

Where are these people? Why aren't they speaking up in this thread? Are you inventing an issue out of nothing?

I'm getting really sick and tired of this. It doesn't matter, none of that matters, until it actually happens. The hypotheticals are as stupid as everything else in this thread.

eharima
Nov 10, 2012, 03:11 PM
all foreign gaijin get banned except the ones who brought premium or spent 5000AC campaign!!

Itchee
Nov 10, 2012, 03:14 PM
Glad I got my SegaID and game account created and squared away yesterday evening....
>_<

eharima
Nov 10, 2012, 03:15 PM

Where are these people? Why aren't they speaking up in this thread? Are you inventing an issue out of nothing?

err... not speaking on peoples behalf AT ALL, right.

Griffin
Ahhhh boy....

Anon_Fire
all foreign gaijin get banned except the ones who brought premium or spent 5000AC campaign!!

I think it's China that needs to be IP banned.

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 03:20 PM
err... not speaking on peoples behalf AT ALL, right.
You completely missed the point.

Point being that Sierhiet has the annoying habit of making mountains out of molehills. Repeatedly.

And it's always the same bloody subject, too. How could I possibly NOT get sick of it? :-?

Lostbob117
Nov 10, 2012, 03:30 PM
You completely missed the point.

Point being that Sierhiet has the annoying habit of making mountains out of molehills. Repeatedly.

And it's always the same bloody subject, too. How could I possibly NOT get sick of it? :-?

And you're just building on that mountain, good job.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 10, 2012, 03:31 PM
omg, leave for a day and look what happens+^_^+ so as long as i can keep playing I'll be happy+^_^+ also, tl;dr if this is SEGACs next step to fighting RMT, they gonna be really surprised when 12341234abcdabcd bots swarm everywhere+^_^+

Sierhiet
Nov 10, 2012, 03:35 PM

I'm getting really sick and tired of this. It doesn't matter, none of that matters, until it actually happens. The hypotheticals are as stupid as everything else in this thread.

So you didn't read the threads of gents' stating they'll be buying a bulk of AC to avoid Webmoney markup?

So you didn't catch all of the posters 100% sure they would not see an IP ban because of PSU?

So I'm making a mountain out of molehill by agreeing with a few posters about not wasting time and money?

Ok guy. (//www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201671&page=2) You sound absolutely ridiculous. Your making a big deal out nothing. I'm simply conversing, and your reading way to into, as if we're on an assault to vilify your opinion.

HIT0SHI
Nov 10, 2012, 03:52 PM
I currently can't play PSO2 because my laptop died a few days ago. Luckily, I still have my OLD laptop that can't run PSO2 even at the lowest of the low settings.

So fill me in PSOW, can we still play on the JP server?

Zyrusticae
Nov 10, 2012, 03:52 PM
And you're just building on that mountain, good job.
And you're the guy that continually asserts that NPCs in MPs are not a problem despite incredibly vocal opposition and how closely it hews to outright griefing.

Excuse me while I extricate myself from this dung pile of a thread.

NoiseHERO
Nov 10, 2012, 04:28 PM
You guys all have terrible people skills. D:

RemChu
Nov 10, 2012, 04:29 PM
I currently can't play PSO2 because my laptop died a few days ago. Luckily, I still have my OLD laptop that can't run PSO2 even at the lowest of the low settings.

So fill me in PSOW, can we still play on the JP server?

Yeah playing just fine.

Squire Grooktook
Nov 10, 2012, 04:36 PM
I think this pretty much confirms I'll switch over. Not being able to invite friends who haven't tried it yet is kind of a deal breaker.

Only reason I see myself coming back to the Japanese servers after Western servers go up is if they are REALLY (and I mean REALLY, as in only open beta content at launch type stuff) behind on content, or if some of my friends just refuse to play on the Western servers no matter what.

RemChu
Nov 10, 2012, 04:40 PM
Hopefully they push a shit ton of content at start for the USA servers. We can dream.

eharima
Nov 10, 2012, 04:42 PM
(and I mean REALLY, as in only open beta content at launch type stuff) behind on content.

it will be open beta content with AC enabled, first event will be valentines, no subclasses, and 6-8 months behind as standard.
we only got lv 50 first and not excube first because everyone Q.Q'd

you think thats gonna happen on NA/ALL server?
no.
stfu and get what your given. SOA wont be in charge of your content spoon.

why do you think otherwise?

Squire Grooktook
Nov 10, 2012, 04:49 PM
it will be open beta content with AC enabled, first event will be valentines, no subclasses, and 6-8 months behind as standard.

no.

Uhhh, I'm sorry I'm new here and don't understand how things work.

was the "no." a denial that the above paragraph will happen?

And you don't have to be hostile. I'll probably still play out of necessity. But if content is super behind, it just means I'll use both servers more often. Leveling up to the end in NA servers then switching back to the Japanese ones to tackle the newer stuff.

eharima
Nov 10, 2012, 04:59 PM
I apologize for being hostile, I just want to invoke a heated debate.
How does psow work?
Magic.

Squire Grooktook
Nov 10, 2012, 05:02 PM
I'm just not familiar with how the exportation of content works. Is their some reason why it's impractical for western content to stay reasonably close behind Japanese content? Or is everyone just assuming it will be behind based on past experience?

Ezodagrom
Nov 10, 2012, 05:02 PM

no.

We don't know how much content will be available on launch in the EN servers, it could start with just open beta content, it could start with all content up to the area that comes after ruins, we don't know and we can't know until they either make an announcement about the content, or until the EN version is released.

Or is everyone just assuming it will be behind based on past experience?
Pretty much, he's basing it on past experience.

firefiore
Nov 10, 2012, 05:21 PM
Anyone who questions Sega's intentions regarding content has one thing to think about... The western release date of Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinite. If you can give me a satisfying answer, I will be happy to skip on over to the Western servers without doubt.

The Walrus
Nov 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
Didn't PSP2 sell poorly in the US? Cause that would be a pretty good reason for not giving us Infinity

Ezodagrom
Nov 10, 2012, 05:30 PM
Didn't PSP2 sell poorly in the US? Cause that would be a pretty good reason for not giving us Infinity
For both PSPo2 Infinity and Valkyria Chronicles 3 to not make it to the west, most likely PSPo2 and VC2 sold poorly.

blace
Nov 10, 2012, 05:38 PM
The system it was made for did poorly and it had a pricier tag when compared with the DS.

Galax
Nov 10, 2012, 05:47 PM
Honestly, behind or not, I want to know wtf is going on in story. I'll relevel JUST to see wtf is going on. And no, just reading it isn't enough for me when I know I can play it firsthand.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 10, 2012, 05:57 PM

PSP (PlayStation Portable) sold poorly in the US+^_^+ not too many are comfortable paying hundreds of $$ for a handheld in this economy+^_^+ and just think, probably less then 10% of PSP owners went out and bought Phantasy Star Portable 1st hand from retailers+^_^+

EvilMag
Nov 10, 2012, 06:05 PM
The system it was made for did poorly and it had a pricier tag when compared with the DS.

Didn't help the fact that most people pirated PSP games.

In fact PSP2 was the 2nd most pirated PSP game of 2010, only behind Final Fantasy Dissidia.

Griffin
Nov 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
I bought a PSP just for PSP2. Then I sold my PSP when I was done. I'm not very good at saving money...

Cyber Shaman
Nov 10, 2012, 06:36 PM
IP Region Block? Ah, now I can open up my can of "Told you so" and toast with ya'll.
Cheers!

BIG OLAF
Nov 10, 2012, 06:39 PM
"Told you so"

Did you? I'd like a link to that post.

Squire Grooktook
Nov 10, 2012, 06:41 PM
It's not an ip region block though. Existing accounts from outside the region are fine. It's just a region block on new registrations.

Ezodagrom
Nov 10, 2012, 06:42 PM
IP Region Block? Ah, now I can open up my can of "Told you so" and toast with ya'll.
Cheers!
Only registration for new SEGA ID accounts has been blocked though, accounts created before the lock still have access to PSO2 JP.
There's always a risk that a full region lock may happen in the future, but it hasn't happened yet.

Personally, I'm most likely going to move to the English servers when they arrive (or a few days~weeks after launch, depending on how badly SoA handles the first days rush of players), but until then I'll just enjoy my time in the JP servers.

Squire Grooktook
Nov 10, 2012, 06:46 PM
Yeah, imma keep playing for fun.

I recently started actually getting some real challenge and excitement out of the game (holy shit) by running solo with self imposed challenges (no healing/bad gear/kill everything when the spawn rates are jacked up/etc).

RedRaz0r
Nov 10, 2012, 07:17 PM
IP 49.212.129.130 Port 3128

Enjoy.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 10, 2012, 07:43 PM

Enjoy.

????
http://betulaceous.org/ ??

+^_^+

Kimil Adrayne
Nov 10, 2012, 07:57 PM
Woooo... lost the urge to play PSO2 JP again. thanks Sega.
... Actually, thanks Sega, I can now play some Mincraft and Skyrim again. You know, until the English-friendly game comes out.

firefiore
Nov 10, 2012, 10:24 PM
It is just a measure to prevent cheaters/hackers/rmters/bots from ruining the game for everyone else. Anyway, if people can't figure it out, then I'm kind've glad they're too stupid to bother the rest of us.

Dinosaur
Nov 10, 2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah, imma keep playing for fun.

I recently started actually getting some real challenge and excitement out of the game (holy shit) by running solo with self imposed challenges (no healing/bad gear/kill everything when the spawn rates are jacked up/etc).

soloing bosses trying to take no damage with only one weapon is my training regimen

OT: It's nice to see SEGA doing what they can to counter hackers and RMT. I'd love to see the same effort in the US release.

Ezodagrom
Nov 10, 2012, 11:33 PM
I'd love to see the same effort in the US release.
So, if the same happened in the EN version, what would they do about it? Lock account registration for countries outside of Japan in the servers that are meant for players from outside of Japan? This measure is not the solution for the cheating problems.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 10, 2012, 11:37 PM
So, if the same happened in the EN version, what would they do about it? Lock account registration for countries outside of Japan in the servers that are for players from outside of Japan? This measure is not the solution for the cheating problems.

Mexico, China, Great Britain, etc. +^_^+ i have a feeling when Western servers come about, most RMTs will be out of Mexico and China+^_^+ just like i think China is the great culprit on PSO2+^_^+

Sierhiet
Nov 11, 2012, 09:39 AM
I'm not saying it's definitely on the way. I'm just saying that ruling it out as a serious possibility at this point is really deliberate blindness.Eloquent.

firefiore
Nov 11, 2012, 09:46 AM
I think that it is common for websites and services to be region locked, and if you have a problem with it... Blame that RMT or hacker that you might know. This is all due to people who think that they are above the rules. It is no different then software piracy. As a result of so many people stealing video games from the internet, the security has become almost unbearable in some cases. Anyway, it doesn't take a genius to follow instructions and use a friggan proxy. Those of you who steal video games by torrenting them cause things like this to happen, so suck it up.

Sebastian & PSO
Nov 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
So fucking annoying + stupid. That = a big money loss for SEGA right there.

I am on the last 200MB of download for the Ruins update. Since last night it has not been downloading at all. Is this due to the region blocking? Or is it just being extremely slow?

Rayokarna
Nov 11, 2012, 12:12 PM
To be fair, if you're not in Japan, this version wasn't intended for you anyway (Made that clear with the various blog posts/Blocking of foreign cards). People getting upset about it is pointless (especially when they are doing their best to look after their server and native and intended customer base). This is just the Monster Hunter Frontier approach.

holmwood
Nov 11, 2012, 12:30 PM
*sniff* Suddenly lost all will to play. T_T

Alucard V
Nov 11, 2012, 03:19 PM
To be fair, if you're not in Japan, this version wasn't intended for you anyway (Made that clear with the various blog posts/Blocking of foreign cards). People getting upset about it is pointless (especially when they are doing their best to look after their server and native and intended customer base). This is just the Monster Hunter Frontier approach.

I've been understanding about things like blocking of foreign cards just for the time it takes for to money to transfer. There are ways around that. The foreigner community is only a small bit of the player base as a whole and the likely problem is more home grown then foreign as the Japanese would be the larger customer base for the online "Gold Buyer".

But what gets me going if you recall the hype, they said Global Support something they flaked out when things got tough. Tho I shouldn't be surprised after seeing the number of in-house flops that came out in pasted years. They never did truly after the Dreamcast. Maybe they should sell the series to a company that can make good on there word to the community is a whole.

BahnKnakyu
Nov 11, 2012, 03:24 PM

Enjoy.

VPN?

Ark22
Nov 11, 2012, 05:15 PM
Not to say I told you so, but you guys should have seen this coming lmao. See you all in the USA/EU :D

Love Ark xoxoxo.

And for everyone's downloading error, I downloaded this game yesterday and installed then downloaded the updates and no error. I mean I got one but I just restarted the launcher and it went back to where it left off.

[Ayumi]
Nov 11, 2012, 05:33 PM
Not to say I told you so, but you guys should have seen this coming lmao. See you all in the USA/EU :D

Love Ark xoxoxo.

And for everyone's downloading error, I downloaded this game yesterday and installed then downloaded the updates and no error. I mean I got one but I just restarted the launcher and it went back to where it left off.

I rather play with people I understand, thank you very much.
not people "who tak liek dis n sellz stuphs 4 millones of mestas wen dey cost 2000 mesta lolololol"

greenlakesage
Nov 11, 2012, 05:40 PM
no point of playing now guys they really don't want us on there server any more so why not just quit and wait for the US/NA server and i know some of you will hate like always but hey lets just quit now i have a feeling they will ban us soon any way and make it Japan Only. plus the JP server was only for jp people only any way k thx bye

Jonoe
Nov 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
Have to wait till Nov.14 to see what happens in the next update, until then let's enjoy playing. Leave the naysayers with their negative banter in the forums and keep on playing!

Sierhiet
Nov 11, 2012, 05:48 PM
;2880978']I rather play with people I understand, thank you very much.
not people "who tak liek dis n sellz stuphs 4 millones of mestas wen dey cost 2000 mesta lolololol"

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that's a clear cultural bias. And people you understand on a native JP server ಠ_ಠ? Unless your referring to close friends or the small English speaking community which will inevitably begin to decline even if they don't enforce a full IP block. The hassle to acquire AC, deal with native client through the patch, and basically discontinuing access for any future players at this point is enough. Enjoy.

[Ayumi]
Nov 11, 2012, 05:51 PM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that's a clear cultural bias. And people you understand on a native JP server ಠ_ಠ? Unless your referring to close friends or the small English speaking community which will inevitably begin to decline even if they don't enforce a full IP block. The hassle to acquire AC, deal with native client through the patch, and basically discontinuing access for any future players at this point is enough. Enjoy.

I have english and japanese friends.
I don't live in japan, no. But I'm half asian. I don't see why because I don't live there no more (thank God), means I'm not allowed to play a game.

BIG OLAF
Nov 11, 2012, 05:51 PM
People all over PSO-World (everybody)
Join hands (join)
Start a panic train, panic train

Lumpen Thingy
Nov 11, 2012, 05:54 PM
its amazing how many people really think this can stop people outside of Japan from playing lol. You guys realize that a JP sega id isn't just for PSO2 right?

Angelo
Nov 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
If Sega is just this aggressive when it comes to hackers and RMT with the international version then I suppose I see this as an uncomfortable step towards the greater good.

Not something I'm terribly happy about... but in the long run...

firefiore
Nov 11, 2012, 06:41 PM
I think I understand where Ayumi is going. Westerners have a natural tendancy to overcharge on anything that they sell in auctions/user shops. Something that costs ten thousend meseta in the JP servers will cost one million meseta in the US/EU servers. Oh and Ayumi, you forgot the players who start those creepy parties in which they seek erps and the like.

As for anyone who claims that the JP players hate everyone and doesn't want us around is frankly full of it. They don't hate us, and it is SEGA that is in control of IP blocking. SEGA is ip blocking because a bunch of inconsiderate douche bags feel that it is their right to break into the game and hack the game at the expense of everyone. If the JP players really hated us, I'd NEVER get a spot in ANY game run by any of them. The whole "They don't want us around." is the kind of crap that brings about an unneeded level of fear. And yes, SEGA has mentioned that the game is restricted to JP players only, but it is more of a CYA policy. If SEGA really wanted us gone, they'd have IP blocked all non-JP players. I mean, they can tell who doesn't speak japanese for crying outloud. It would be a cake walk for them to ban us all.

drummer829
Nov 11, 2012, 07:17 PM
Ok, so I havent played in a few days, but did they ban only new users, or is it all users overseas

BIG OLAF
Nov 11, 2012, 07:18 PM
Ok, so I havent played in a few days, but did they ban only new users, or is it all users overseas

They blocked the ability for foreigners to make new accounts. Preexisting accounts work fully as they did prior.

plasism
Nov 11, 2012, 07:40 PM

They blocked foreigners from creating new accounts. Those in jp or those with a jp proxy can still create new accounts.

[Ayumi]
Nov 11, 2012, 07:49 PM
I think I understand where Ayumi is going. Westerners have a natural tendancy to overcharge on anything that they sell in auctions/user shops. Something that costs ten thousend meseta in the JP servers will cost one million meseta in the US/EU servers. Oh and Ayumi, you forgot the players who start those creepy parties in which they seek erps and the like.

As for anyone who claims that the JP players hate everyone and doesn't want us around is frankly full of it. They don't hate us, and it is SEGA that is in control of IP blocking. SEGA is ip blocking because a bunch of inconsiderate douche bags feel that it is their right to break into the game and hack the game at the expense of everyone. If the JP players really hated us, I'd NEVER get a spot in ANY game run by any of them. The whole "They don't want us around." is the kind of crap that brings about an unneeded level of fear. And yes, SEGA has mentioned that the game is restricted to JP players only, but it is more of a CYA policy. If SEGA really wanted us gone, they'd have IP blocked all non-JP players. I mean, they can tell who doesn't speak japanese for crying outloud. It would be a cake walk for them to ban us all.

This, pretty much.
I know many jpn players that have no problem with english speakers.
But people always misunderstood when I say "They just refuse to play in block 20 unless they literally have no other block that's near full to go to".
They take it as "Oh, it's because it's mostly english and they hate us?"
They hate those that's obnoxious, the hackers, the RMTers, the cheaters and what not. Not everyone as a whole.

Some people don't get it through their skulls that that's all it is.
And yeah, if they can ban so many hackers and the like in such a little time. If they wanted everyone that spoke ONLY english gone or just everyone not in japan in general gone. They would've set it up that way long ago no matter what.
Alpha, Beta, Open, doesn't matter. Unless you pry yourself in there, you wouldn't have a way in, and even then they would've had you gone as they didn't want you there.

I'm sure many won't understand this anyway.
My english kind of sucks.

drummer829
Nov 11, 2012, 07:58 PM
They blocked foreigners from creating new accounts. Those in jp or those with a jp proxy can still create new accounts.

Either way, this kind of pushed me away from the JP version now. I mean no new users from overseas means less people who speak english. I kind of only played the JP version as a warmup to the new game anyways and this confirmed it

eharima
Nov 11, 2012, 09:03 PM
And people you understand on a native JP server ಠ_ಠ?
yes... people know a second language?! mind blowing.
classic arrogance.

If Sega is just this aggressive when it comes to hackers

sorry what? aggressive? how is filtering ip for a sign up page aggressive?
requiring everyone to supply a JP health insurance number or photo ID with proof of address is AGGRESSIVE.
The NA server is gonna be RIPE with 0 day hack.

Either way, this kind of pushed me away from the JP version now.
Sakai san clearing out the clutter like a bawse!

This is most likely just in place to gently discourage new players because the international version will be announced... soon?
and if people have 1k hour accounts on the JP server they not likely to give it up.

Sierhiet
Nov 11, 2012, 09:21 PM
yes... people know a second language?! mind blowing.
classic arrogance.

You've been fishing for an argument for the longest, and completely missed the point. If your going to quote me, don't leave out the key detail in the comment.

juliox
Nov 12, 2012, 12:55 AM
news flash guys the registration is working for me again, i live in Guatemala Central America

Sp-24
Nov 12, 2012, 12:59 AM
Now I feel bad for panicking like an idiot.

Hope at least somebody else does, too.

Though I still think that an IP ban is incoming.

EvilMag
Nov 12, 2012, 12:59 AM
Yep I was able to go to the page.

We can all go home now.

BIG OLAF
Nov 12, 2012, 01:01 AM
PSOW Panic Train derailed. For now.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 12, 2012, 01:06 AM
news flash guys the registration is working for me again, i live in Guatemala Central America

ditto, just tried registering with a clean Hotmail account and got a confirm screen+^_^+
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i46.tinypic.com/1sjbd5.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i49.tinypic.com/34y7hjr.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ql4d9h.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
using no proxy or VPN (66.190.8.xxx a central WI Charter Com IP)+^_^+

Xaeris
Nov 12, 2012, 01:06 AM
That's that. I hope our usual fearmongers had a good time of it.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 12, 2012, 01:09 AM

lol, like someone said earlier it was probably an anti RMT tactic, and they probably didn't see enough decline in RMT activity to keep the ban up+^_^+ (which means most of the RMT must be from within Japan+^_^+)

Griffin
Nov 12, 2012, 01:30 AM
Westerners have a natural tendancy to overcharge on anything that they sell in auctions/user shops.

That's the American way. If you don't like it, you can GIIIIIIT out! :whip:

[Ayumi]
Nov 12, 2012, 03:02 AM
Now I feel bad for panicking like an idiot.

Hope at least somebody else does, too.

Though I still think that an IP ban is incoming.
Don't start them up again.

That's the American way. If you don't like it, you can GIIIIIIT out! :whip:
If only.

Coatl
Nov 12, 2012, 05:09 AM

Popcorn tastes better with a show.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 12, 2012, 05:17 AM
Popcorn tastes better with a show.

you madez pop-corn and u no share???

/friendship +^_^+

Angelo
Nov 12, 2012, 05:21 AM
Supposedly the region locking has been lifted now.

Read it over at NeoGAF. Haven't verified yet since I'm on my phone.

EDIT: Just verified. Seems fine now.

Shirokami
Nov 12, 2012, 05:30 AM
No longer blocked over here bros.

Easton West
Nov 12, 2012, 06:58 AM
I can't explain why the isao.net outage only affected people outside Japan, but there's no evidence this was something Sega did intentionally.

The error message didn't say anything about regions or IP blocks. It's one of those polite but pointless "there was an error fulfilling your request" types of message. You get the same error message if, for example, you try to start the game with video settings incompatible with your graphics card.

EDIT: Whoops, I misremembered. PSO2's video settings error is different. Sorry.
お客様の環境は、現在の設定に対応しておりません。
簡易描画設定を調整してお試しください。

Shirokami
Nov 12, 2012, 07:31 AM
I can't explain why the isao.net outage only affected people outside Japan, but there's no evidence this was something Sega did intentionally.

The error message didn't say anything about regions or IP blocks. It's one of those polite but pointless "there was an error fulfilling your request" types of message. You get the same error message if, for example, you try to start the game with video settings incompatible with your graphics card.

So it means we're actually being allowed to play? O_O

Arios
Nov 12, 2012, 07:38 AM

JP Rusty Hearts registration and other Sega ID functions were closed too, they have nothing to do with PSO2's RMTers and cheaters :-P

blackstar
Nov 12, 2012, 09:01 AM
Did anyone even concider there may have been an actual problem with the registration page, and they had to shut it down for repairs? ...Or does it always have to be an "end of the world"scenario when something happens with the game.?

Mike
Nov 12, 2012, 09:18 AM
Did anyone even concider there may have been an actual problem with the registration page, and they had to shut it down for repairs? ...Or does it always have to be an "end of the world"scenario when something happens with the game.?
If it was actually problem with the SegaID registration page, you'd expect Sega to notify us. When Sega was not allowing the changing of details during the period after they detected someone trying a bunch of different usernames and passwords to prevent account hijacking, they told us. When there are problems, we are generally told there is a problem. The fact that there has been no mention of this has been made on the official site or official twitter means that there probably hasn't been any problems. We won't know until Sega says something and Sega probably won't say anything.

Sp-24
Nov 12, 2012, 09:30 AM
Besides, the error message that appeared on that page was saying that the service is not available in your location, but it wouldn't say that when your location is in Japan. That doesn't look like your typical maintenance, to say the least. Of course, it didn't stop people from saying that it is.

[Ayumi]
Nov 12, 2012, 10:13 AM

You expected better?

eharima
Nov 12, 2012, 10:16 AM
well, game over, that was fun while it lasted ^^

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2012, 12:01 PM
I like how people said they'd probably lift it, that this was just a test run, and that whatever they really wanted to implement was going to come later.

As in, whatever it is they actually intend to do is going to be bigger scale. Hopefully just region-locked downloads, but anything is possible at this point. We're not in the clear. Don't go spending a quazillion dollars on AC unless you're still okay with losing access to it.

Just be ready for the worst, is all. I'm not saying the worst will happen, but it's foolish to think we're safe now because of something that was entirely expected.

pikachief
Nov 12, 2012, 12:12 PM
lol they never region-locked anyone to begin with. lol makes this freak out most people had pretty funny. Also makes the "i-told-you-so"-ers pretty funny too.

Nuclearranger
Nov 12, 2012, 01:46 PM
I think they unlocked it again... just an FYI

EDIT: its on PSO-W homepage as well.

firefiore
Nov 12, 2012, 02:38 PM
I am going to be honest and give some of you people some criticism. It is time that you hear it, because everyone else is thinking it anyway when they hear you yahoos panic. To have this illogical fear that SEGA hates us all and wants to ban us is idiotic. Seriously, I know this is going to result in no positive outcome, but somebody has got to tell you people that you are being seriously stupid. Ayumi and what appears to be a handful of others have it right on. SEGA is merely trying to protect themselves, and those gamers who detest cheaters, rmters, hackers, and bots... Just suck it up and quit whining about, I know you are adults, act like it for pete's sake. I know you people can't possibly be that stupid... And if you have such a problem with it, just go back to all those times that you were on a torrent site and looking for that new game or television show... this is the result of your actions.

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2012, 02:48 PM
Yeah torrenting games promotes RMT, don't you see? It's obvious! OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE!

blace
Nov 12, 2012, 02:49 PM
I don't see why this thread needs to continue, it's already done and over with no need to bring in anymore arguments.

As a reminder, the terms for playing has not been changed since it's August rendition forbidding overseas players, so there may or may not be anything to worry about.

NoiseHERO
Nov 12, 2012, 02:50 PM
I am going to be honest and give some of you people some criticism. It is time that you hear it, because everyone else is thinking it anyway when they hear you yahoos panic. To have this illogical fear that SEGA hates us all and wants to ban us is idiotic. Seriously, I know this is going to result in no positive outcome, but somebody has got to tell you people that you are being seriously stupid. Ayumi and what appears to be a handful of others have it right on. SEGA is merely trying to protect themselves, and those gamers who detest cheaters, rmters, hackers, and bots... Just suck it up and quit whining about, I know you are adults, act like it for pete's sake. I know you people can't possibly be that stupid... And if you have such a problem with it, just go back to all those times that you were on a torrent site and looking for that new game or television show... this is the result of your actions.

Nah, this place IS that bad, sadly.

Though while I am enjoying this game, at this point I don't even care if we get kicked out at some point.

But I don't think that'll really happen, unless they planned to do so for the "international" version.

Inazuma
Nov 12, 2012, 05:05 PM
So glad we can make new accounts again. Looks like it's time to farm more badges for me.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 12, 2012, 05:11 PM
The ppl getting a region block are the ones that would violate the TOS, i don't see the big deal here to be exact, the ppl that are not able to play are the ones that aren't allowed to play.

RedRaz0r
Nov 13, 2012, 04:21 AM
If it was actually problem with the SegaID registration page, you'd expect Sega to notify us. When Sega was not allowing the changing of details during the period after they detected someone trying a bunch of different usernames and passwords to prevent account hijacking, they told us. When there are problems, we are generally told there is a problem. The fact that there has been no mention of this has been made on the official site or official twitter means that there probably hasn't been any problems. We won't know until Sega says something and Sega probably won't say anything.

It was 100% region blocked. I made an account with a Japanese proxy to test, and it worked absolutely fine.

[Ayumi]
Nov 13, 2012, 04:56 AM
I like how people said they'd probably lift it, that this was just a test run, and that whatever they really wanted to implement was going to come later.

As in, whatever it is they actually intend to do is going to be bigger scale. Hopefully just region-locked downloads, but anything is possible at this point. We're not in the clear. Don't go spending a quazillion dollars on AC unless you're still okay with losing access to it.

Just be ready for the worst, is all. I'm not saying the worst will happen, but it's foolish to think we're safe now because of something that was entirely expected.
Don't fuel them again, please.

lol they never region-locked anyone to begin with. lol makes this freak out most people had pretty funny. Also makes the "i-told-you-so"-ers pretty funny too.
I would've thought it was funny too if it wasn't really sad how the whole thing went down.

At times I wonder if this place is sane.
Like one moment everything can seem fine, the next it's literally upside down and I'm wondering since when the ceiling fan for PSOWorld was at my feet.
(Okay I think that made no sense...)

Sp-24
Nov 13, 2012, 05:26 AM
Dug up the message that people from Japan didn't see again, just in case somebody haven't seen it:

お客様の環境からはご利用できません。

Yup, just an error.

Easton West
Nov 13, 2012, 08:30 AM
i don't see the big deal here to be exact, the ppl that are not able to play are the ones that aren't allowed to play.
True, PSO2's terms of service say:
本ゲームサーバーへの接続は、日本国内に存在する端末にインストールされたソフトウェアからの接続に限るも のとします。日本国外から直接接続をすること、及び日本国外から日本国内に所在する端末等を経由して接続す ることを禁止します。

But just because it's written doesn't make it legal.

I wouldn't want to be the Sega lawyer who has to explain to a court how a 外国人お断り (foreigners refused service) policy is racial discrimination and illegal if posted in a shop window in Japan (google Ana Bortz), but okay to post on a commercial website in Japan. I guess I could claim discrimination against people outside Japan is different from discrimination against non-Japanese, but I don't think I'd pass the laugh test.

Sp-24
Nov 13, 2012, 08:40 AM
True, PSO2's terms of service say:
本ゲームサーバーへの接続は、日本国内に存在する端末にインストールされたソフトウェアからの接続に限るも のとします。日本国外から直接接続をすること、及び日本国外から日本国内に所在する端末等を経由して接続す ることを禁止します。

But just because it's written doesn't make it legal.

I wouldn't want to be the Sega lawyer who has to explain to a court how a Japanese only policy is racial discrimination and illegal if posted in a shop window in Japan (google Ana Bortz), but okay to post on a commercial website in Japan. I guess I could claim discrimination against people outside Japan is different from discrimination against non-Japanese, but I don't think I'd pass the laugh test.

Licensing laws have nothing to do with discrimination. Try listening to random American music on Youtube using a Middle Eastern proxy for a nice example. Or, even better, try suing them for discrimination.

firefiore
Nov 13, 2012, 08:51 AM
Licensing laws have nothing to do with discrimination. Try listening to random American music on Youtube using a Middle Eastern proxy for a nice example. Or, even better, try suing them for discrimination.

Yup, and companies have been doing this for years anyway. The only reason people have such a tude about it, is because it just happens to be PSO2. Do you think I throw a tantrum everytime a gundam game comes out over in Japan and not here?

Chik'Tikka
Nov 13, 2012, 10:50 AM

mm-hmm, international laws are a little different then being discriminated against locally, if your a foreigner just visiting as a tourist then that little ToS statement doesn't apply in that wya, it's there more to protect the Company then anything else+^_^+ heck even I'm allowed to deny service to people at whim where i work (i don't boss wouldn't like it, but i can) i can be like "Madam, please quieten your infractious child or please leave the premises" meaning i dislike mothers that insist on bringing loud obnoxious children to the store then don't watch them, I'm not a babysitter /rant but that's more protecting the company again, different term, same reasoning (not our fault)+^_^+ as for Ana Bortz, look up Japanese internment camps and the Gentleman's Agreement keeping in mind the USA has no official Race or Language+^_^+ also look up Nukes+^_^+ *Japan's revenge, refusing to takez our moneyz*

Griffin
Nov 13, 2012, 11:12 AM
This thread is no longer valid and I sense more tirades. :U

Easton West
Nov 13, 2012, 11:24 AM
Licensing laws have nothing to do with discrimination.
Perhaps copyright provides a loophole in discrimination law. It's certainly defensible when multiple distributors provide an identical good or service to different regions.

But there's no licensing or distribution at issue here. Sega developed the game, Sega runs the Japanese servers, Sega will most likely run the English servers.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 13, 2012, 11:32 AM
Perhaps copyright provides a loophole in discrimination law, but there's no licensing at issue here. Sega developed the game, Sega runs the Japanese servers, Sega will run the English servers, Sega decided it doesn't want foreigners playing for now.

Sega of Japan and Sega of America are two different corporate entities+^_^+ kinda parent/child like relationship i think, i just know that legally, they're separate+^_^+

BIG OLAF
Nov 13, 2012, 01:27 PM
This thread is no longer valid and I sense more tirades. :U

That's because -certain people- just have to keep letting you know that, even though we dodged the bullet this time, someday we will be IP banned, and there's no getting around it PUNY MORTALS ASFEBGFRHERAGFRFHNNRGX!!!!

etc.

[Ayumi]
Nov 13, 2012, 02:06 PM
That's because -certain people- just have to keep letting you know that, even though we dodged the bullet this time, someday we will be IP banned, and there's no getting around it PUNY MORTALS ASFEBGFRHERAGFRFHNNRGX!!!!

etc.

Give it a weak or 2. It will die again...
Then someone at Sega will sneeze and every english speaker will panic to hell again.

Sp-24
Nov 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
Compare this:

ご迷惑をおかけし誠に申し訳ございません。
ただいまサーバーのメンテナンス中でございます。

and this:

お客様の環境からはご利用できません。

Go on and guess which message are we getting now, and which one appeared 2 days ago.

But yeah, Sega representatives have only hinted at the IP block 2 times. What are the odds of it happening? Let's just rage at anybody who even thinks that maybe there is a chance that possibly Sega will unleash an IP block someday.

Sierhiet
Nov 13, 2012, 02:46 PM
Compare this:

ご迷惑をおかけし誠に申し訳ございません。
ただいまサーバーのメンテナンス中でございます。

and this:

お客様の環境からはご利用できません。

Go on and guess which message are we getting now, and which one appeared 2 days ago.

But yeah, Sega representatives have only hinted at the IP block 2 times. What are the odds of it happening? Let's just rage at anybody who even thinks that maybe there is a chance that possibly Sega will unleash an IP block someday.
Agreed.

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2012, 03:01 PM
The only thing worse than crying wolf is claiming wolves don't exist.

Use your head and realize saying it might happen is not saying it will, nor is it panicking, nor is it fearmongering. It's acknowledging reality.

Stormwalker
Nov 13, 2012, 03:31 PM
For my part, I don't doubt that the IP ban might happen eventually.

I don't think it will happen right *now*, however, for the simple reason that Sega is making a pretty fair chunk of money off of some of us... and now that we're all forced to use Webmoney, they shouldn't have any trouble collecting that money, either. Companies tend to not want to turn away paying customers unless they have to, and I haven't seen any evidence that the JP players are clamoring to have us banned.

If we DO get banned anytime soon, I suspect it won't so much be because of "those darned rude Americans playing our game" as "we banned EVERYBODY outside of Japan in an effort to get rid of the RMT botters".

That said, once the English version is out? I wouldn't be surprised at all if they banned us from the JP version just to get more of us to play the English version.

At any rate, I'm not going to sit around worrying about it. If I get banned, well, that just means I have more free time for other pursuits until the game comes out in the US. Or else I find a Japanese proxy I can use to get in.

That isn't to say I wouldn't be disappointed and annoyed, because I certainly would. But it's not the end of the world if it happens.

EDIT: I also wouldn't be surprised if they DID go ahead and stop all new account registrations outside of Japan in an effort to prevent RMT'ers from creating new accounts after they get banned. This wouldn't necessarily require banning existing accounts from the game.

Sierhiet
Nov 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
The only thing worse than crying wolf is claiming wolves don't exist.

Use your head and realize saying it might happen is not saying it will, nor is it panicking, nor is it fearmongering. It's acknowledging reality.

Also agreed.

It's much less of a panic train, and more so an echo chamber of deliberate denial... No one here is punching the scatter button for everyone to flip out every time a situation like this arises. It's a simple acknowledgment of potential or inevitable trouble. A discussion and heads up...

Of course, your going to have that handful of people who swear they won't care if there is a motion to IP block. That's fine, whatever you say. However, not everyone is alright with investing 5 months worth of time and money into something, just to have it rightfully revoked due to a specific clause in a TOS. And the whole argument of inevitable server shutdown is sort of moot. 5 months of invested time and money being cut short doesn't equal up to 5 years of experiencing everything the game has to offer, whilst investing time and money, cut off due to an official shutdown. And no one with a serious argument has even brought up the whole discrimination crap. We're working with the facts given, not any stupid conspiracy theory.

New players interested in the franchise are consistently forwarded here by numerous other gaming outlets such as gamespot, kotaku, ect. From reading some of garbage perpetuated here, you'd get the false sense that nothing could possibly happen, potentially leading more unsuspecting players off the cliff due to false information, or a lack there of.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 13, 2012, 07:14 PM
Seeing as this forum topic has veered off topic, and since the current conversation seems to be a repeat of a conversation we've had probably dozens of times before...

I humbly suggest a thread lock. Please mods?

NoiseHERO
Nov 13, 2012, 07:24 PM
You know that report button surprisingly works.

Just report the OP and say the thread has served it's purpose and has become an inflammatory hot mess.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 13, 2012, 07:30 PM
You know that report button surprisingly works.

Just report the OP and say the thread has served it's purpose and has become an inflammatory hot mess.

Mmm....I generally only report people when they've done something wrong. Though, never thought of doing that. Not a bad idea.

Vintasticvin
Nov 13, 2012, 08:09 PM
Damn of all time Gamer X isnt here D: Well I for one could say this was bound to be the fate of those outside the server's home region with all the "cute funny" manipulation of NPCs and stuff going on well least you all could say it was a blast while it lasted +^_^+

unicorn
Nov 13, 2012, 08:52 PM
getting a little ridiculous.

G.A.M.E.R-X
Nov 14, 2012, 02:44 AM
Damn of all time Gamer X isnt here D: Well I for one could say this was bound to be the fate of those outside the server's home region with all the "cute funny" manipulation of NPCs and stuff going on well least you all could say it was a blast while it lasted +^_^+

Sups? You rang? =D

I haven't been playing PSO2 since around the time floating islands hit, since I kinda want a decent chunk of content to play through so i'm not burning through it in a day and then getting bored. Pretty much at the point now where enough new stuff has dropped where I can get back into it.

As far as this topic, I didn't really read it all since its all the same junk that always happens here when people feel their freedoms in pso land are being taken away. Chest puffing, defensive posturing and entitled barking. I'd read the whole thing but I've already read this topic in other forms every single time psoworld over reacts about a game they technically shouldnt even be playing yet and get all entitled about.

That said, 2 points:

1. I just recently learned Chikka Tikka or w/e the hell the name is, is a male. Dude if you were a girl all those cheeseball emotes, it would KINDA be excusable, but now? Just sayin.......I think you need to cut back and do some soul searching lol. If thats not a troll account used to annoy, hell....I dont even know what to think about that >_>

And 2. The block on new accounts was a glitch, and no longer exists. Once again, PSO world pals, use the goddamn news and info resources available. ESPECIALLY BUMPED.ORG. PLEASE. JUST DO IT. CHECK IT. DAILY. ALL OF THE TIME. DO IT DAMMIT.

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-sega-id-registration-page-error/

Everybody can stop hyperventilating now, Gamer X has entered "M Night Shymalans The Village" and brought you guys knowledge from the world outside the bubble that apparently doesn't let you ever leave it. Have a nice day =)

G.A.M.E.R-X
Nov 14, 2012, 02:56 AM
Though at second glance the info about the account block glitch is days old, mods on vacation or something? This should of been locked and thrown off a cliff ages ago lol

Easton West
Nov 16, 2012, 10:23 AM
Yeah, it veered a little off topic, and I apologize for my part in that.

But hopefully it cools down. It'd be nice to keep the thread open, in case and until an official source settles the one remaining question of whether the weekend outage was Sega's doing or not.

Seraphus
Nov 16, 2012, 03:03 PM
That said, 2 points:

1. I just recently learned Chikka Tikka or w/e the hell the name is, is a male. Dude if you were a girl all those cheeseball emotes, it would KINDA be excusable, but now? Just sayin.......I think you need to cut back and do some soul searching lol. If thats not a troll account used to annoy, hell....I dont even know what to think about that >_>

And 2. The block on new accounts was a glitch, and no longer exists. Once again, PSO world pals, use the goddamn news and info resources available. ESPECIALLY BUMPED.ORG. PLEASE. JUST DO IT. CHECK IT. DAILY. ALL OF THE TIME. DO IT DAMMIT.

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-sega-id-registration-page-error/

1. Wow, just wow...maybe you need to do some soul searching +^_^+

2. You realize this was in discussion before/the same time bumped talked about it? And was also resolved before/when bumped reported on the 11/12/2012 update?

Someone lock this already

andrewall
Feb 20, 2013, 09:50 AM
Yes,SEGA ID got region was blocked and I think it might be due to some licensing and copyright issues.

Zefirus
Feb 20, 2013, 10:30 AM
Nice necro there bud.

That said, I don't know if it's still blocked. I made one at around the beginning of the month with all of my friends.