PDA

View Full Version : Zondeel and Megiverse

terrell707
Nov 12, 2012, 09:31 PM
So i know with Zondeel, you have to use a lightning attack to activate it and from there if you connect Zondeels together, they will cast already activated. But what does Megiverse do? Does anyone know?

Rende
Nov 12, 2012, 09:35 PM
for a short time, all your attacks will regenerate HP or what they call lifesteal in other games as long as u are in the aura.. but it only lasts a few seconds

Shirokami
Nov 12, 2012, 09:37 PM
It's pretty useless.

terrell707
Nov 12, 2012, 09:38 PM
for a short time, all your attacks will regenerate HP or what they call lifesteal in other games as long as u are in the aura.. but it only lasts a few seconds

Ah thats kind of lame, since Zondeel is so beast lol. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Alenoir
Nov 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
If you're standing within Megiverse's radius and is actually dealing any kind of damage, you regen about 20% or so of the damage you deal. Pretty amusing when you have a Cat poisoned and every tick gives you a huge amount of HP back.

Shirokami
Nov 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
If you're standing within Megiverse's radius and is actually dealing any kind of damage, you regen about 20% or so of the damage you deal. Pretty amusing when you have a Cat poisoned and every tick gives you a huge amount of HP back.

Megiverse cast time feels like longer... that's why it's better to just cast resta.
Also, if you only have PP for one more tech, use Resta, because you need to attack to regen with Megiverse...

Zyrusticae
Nov 12, 2012, 10:44 PM
Megiverse is really just for lulz.

You can see absurdly high numbers using Megiverse. 1k+ healing tics if you hit for over 5k, where Resta at the most does some 300 per tic. Pointless, of course, because of how long it takes to cast, but still lulzy.

If it had, say, twice the duration, it'd be my go-to support heal.

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2012, 11:36 PM
Megiverse is really just for lulz.

You can see absurdly high numbers using Megiverse. 1k+ healing tics if you hit for over 5k, where Resta at the most does some 300 per tic. Pointless, of course, because of how long it takes to cast, but still lulzy.

If it had, say, twice the duration, it'd be my go-to support heal.

Agreed. Its issue is its short duration.

Still, it can be handy if you know everyone will be hitting something. For just 20 PP, if you're sitting at less than 30 and have it on the palette you can pop it off.

Although I'm not sure why you'd sacrifice another damage tech option in favor of it, at least in its current form...

terrell707
Nov 13, 2012, 12:19 AM
If it maybe had the opposite effect of zoldeel and created a gravity effect of pushing enemies away from you, I could see it being useful. But like everyone else said, it has such a short duration that its not even worth it.

Eman2417
Nov 13, 2012, 10:38 AM
If it was atually an aoe attack that just did damage then spit the health back at you would be nice.

[Ayumi]
Nov 13, 2012, 12:24 PM
If it was atually an aoe attack that just did damage then spit the health back at you would be nice.

That's what I wanted in the 1st place.

Eternal255
Nov 13, 2012, 12:25 PM
It's pretty useless.

megiverse is the most useful spell ever, if you ask me. I use it more than anything, and never even use resta. maybe for force its useless, but techer sub anything or any caster as a sub for any class, its extremely useful.

quick casting megiverse gives you a shorter duration with a much smaller aura. effects only you. extremely useful when you just launched your PB, launched some other sort of spell, or even just meleeing. As a techer i see melee hits for 600+ plus the damage of wand gear, resulting in well over 100+ health per hit (and this is using a windmil wand xD)

its also 10pp cheaper so easier to use when you actually need it (ie, mid battle having had used a bajillion pp for spells/PA's already)

not to mention the quick cast effect is still just as useful as the full effect, unlike resta (healing for 100x2 is utter garbage for 30pp)

Shirokami
Nov 13, 2012, 03:10 PM
megiverse is the most useful spell ever, if you ask me. I use it more than anything, and never even use resta. maybe for force its useless, but techer sub anything or any caster as a sub for any class, its extremely useful.

quick casting megiverse gives you a shorter duration with a much smaller aura. effects only you. extremely useful when you just launched your PB, launched some other sort of spell, or even just meleeing. As a techer i see melee hits for 600+ plus the damage of wand gear, resulting in well over 100+ health per hit (and this is using a windmil wand xD)

its also 10pp cheaper so easier to use when you actually need it (ie, mid battle having had used a bajillion pp for spells/PA's already)

not to mention the quick cast effect is still just as useful as the full effect, unlike resta (healing for 100x2 is utter garbage for 30pp)

Uncharged resta heals 100x2 for you? You must have an awesome ammount of T-ATK here, because with 1.1k T-ATK mine only heals 57x2

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2012, 03:17 PM
I assume 1.1k is not your base. Resta only heals based on your base t-atk (as in, base race/gender/class stats + subclass + skilltree + mag, then also affixes for some reason, but NOT weapon t-atk).

So, higher level characters will heal more with resta regardless of the weapon they have equipped, discounting affixes those weapons may have. Example: My 400-ish t-atk duel gaze with ragne soul heals me for an eensy bit more than my maisen or 600+ t-atk rod.

That said, I consider resta to be a primarily teamwork thing. I heal teammates with it any chance I get. Megiverse won't let me heal people after we clear a room, and it's only useful if I'm in attacking range of something. Generally speaking, I'm only healing if I'm not comfortable with taking 1-2 more hits, and if I do get knocked down resta keeps pinging me for health while I'm disabled. Megiverse does not.

Megiverse's ONLY saving grace is its PP cost, and that it's not linked to your t-atk (to the best of my knowledge).

Shirokami
Nov 13, 2012, 03:35 PM
I assume 1.1k is not your base. Resta only heals based on your base t-atk (as in, base race/gender/class stats + subclass + skilltree + mag, then also affixes for some reason, but NOT weapon t-atk).

So, higher level characters will heal more with resta regardless of the weapon they have equipped, discounting affixes those weapons may have. Example: My 400-ish t-atk duel gaze with ragne soul heals me for an eensy bit more than my maisen or 600+ t-atk rod.

That said, I consider resta to be a primarily teamwork thing. I heal teammates with it any chance I get. Megiverse won't let me heal people after we clear a room, and it's only useful if I'm in attacking range of something. Generally speaking, I'm only healing if I'm not comfortable with taking 1-2 more hits, and if I do get knocked down resta keeps pinging me for health while I'm disabled. Megiverse does not.

Megiverse's ONLY saving grace is its PP cost, and that it's not linked to your t-atk (to the best of my knowledge).

Thanks for the info on resta.
So... how does Shifta and Deband scale... do they even scale or the only way to make them stronger is through techer skilltree?

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2012, 03:40 PM
I don't think they scale at all with t-atk. This is why so many forces were in a hysteria over subclasses granting tech use, a lot of them were claiming forces' only use was S&D.

Which is hilarious and false.

The Walrus
Nov 13, 2012, 03:42 PM
People actually use S&D?

jooozek
Nov 13, 2012, 03:50 PM
When I farked around as HU/FO there was nothing more fun than spamming Megiverse from subpalette between Sonic Arrow spam. It also seemed pretty effective at keeping people full health instead of healing them. YMMV.

Shirokami
Nov 13, 2012, 04:03 PM
I don't think they scale at all with t-atk. This is why so many forces were in a hysteria over subclasses granting tech use, a lot of them were claiming forces' only use was S&D.

Which is hilarious and false.

I can do lots of crazy things with my techs :3
Can't wait to get the new ones :/ so expensive u.u

aug
Nov 14, 2012, 06:13 AM

This.

For RA / GU main, RA launcher atks can get abt 300ish hp and GU's ER PA would restore hp almost fully. This is probably the fastest/most efficient self-healing you can get.

Resta recovers slow and requires some charging which may not be ideal in some situations.

freyt
Nov 14, 2012, 08:37 AM
My Resta heals for 77/240. (For now)

Two ticks of 77 for 154 isn't that bad if you want to save someone right away.

Four ticks of 240... well I haven't heard of anyone with 960 hp yet. But when people get hit after they get healed, it tends to heal them to full anyways with the later ticks.

Coatl
Nov 14, 2012, 10:20 AM
Megiverse is the only tech that is more useful uncharged than it is charged.
That being said, DON'T underestimate megiverse. It's glorious. Costs 10 PP less than resta, doesn't take as long to charge either.
and is faster too.

Just cast it uncharged, cast a tech (or melee, megiverse is amazing for melee), and you should be able to recover a good 70-80% of your HP.

Shirokami
Nov 14, 2012, 10:39 AM
That being said, DON'T underestimate megiverse. It's glorious. Costs 10 PP less than resta, doesn't take as long to charge either.
and is faster too.

Just cast it uncharged, cast a tech (or melee, megiverse is amazing for melee), and you should be able to recover a good 70-80% of your HP.

It will be in my subpallete as a techer.

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2012, 11:15 AM
and is faster too.

Hmm, I'll give it another go then.

terrell707
Nov 14, 2012, 12:41 PM
I guess it could be useful as a support tech also. Throw a talis in a group of enemies or at a boss, cast it, and all the close range melee people get healed as they're are fighting.

Zyrusticae
Nov 14, 2012, 12:42 PM
It has interesting synergy with -megid techs, since they all have a delay before hitting the target. Especially charged Megid. Thing takes forever to land, giving you plenty of time to tap an uncharged megiverse (and usually heal to full in the process).

Can't believe I never thought to try that before. Now I know...

ShilohSham
Nov 14, 2012, 01:51 PM
I'd like to toss my 2 cent in to this pot

I wouldn't say Megiverse is useless giving it PP cost

back before I re-rolled I had 10/10 Territory boost and that Megiverse can be great for when you need to Heal an MPA fast!

Now I understand that yes for 10PP more Resta will heal more. but I find that Megiverse can get about 5 people without the territory boost then say Resta that may get 2 or 3 people that adding myself in the mix. with territory boost it felt like I could get about 7 or 8 people healed, but that coulda been a placebo effect

also megiverse is nice uncharged too for that quick window of healing

so I wouldn't say Megiverse is useless but then when I used it I had Territory boost on so Im a bit bias

Neith
Nov 14, 2012, 02:18 PM
Megiverse is fine. It certainly has its uses; I use it whenever I get trapped in a Rescue code. Cast Megiverse, then spam Gifoie and nothing can touch you.

If anything, make it last longer but the tech itself is useful enough.

Gen2000
Nov 14, 2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah the main thing that hurts Megiverse for me is its duration, it's not flatout useless but at the moment it's really low priority on techs I find a need to have on my palette at all times.

Zondeel on the other hand is amazing out of the gate and has that benefit of being better when other lightning tech FO users are in your group because you don't need to set the tech off yourself. It came at a good time too since Sega apparently thought adding more Capture alerts was a good idea. Hording all the uncooperative bosses with Zondeel into the Capture rings is a good feeling.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 14, 2012, 05:21 PM
I would honestly prefer for it to cast like Shifta, with 4 ticks, and make each tick give 4 seconds of Megiverse buff (max 15 second duration) but make the healing amount like half due to it sticking to people

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
I would honestly prefer for it to cast like Shifta, with 4 ticks, and make each tick give 4 seconds of Megiverse buff (max 15 second duration) but make the healing amount like half due to it sticking to people

That would be a perfect fix. I love it.

eharima
Nov 14, 2012, 05:54 PM
As a wand fanboy, the thing that irks me most is that you can't cast any distance with these techs.
It should be; no lock on, cast on self (if it really has to have this option)
When locked on, CAST ON THE FUCKING TARGET.
Same with sazonde. Piece of crap.
I'm in amongst it and more up in enemy's faces than the HU with my wand ... >_>…

GoldenFalcon
Nov 14, 2012, 06:03 PM
As a wand fanboy, the thing that irks me most is that you can't cast any distance with these techs.
I'm in amongst it and more up in enemy's faces than the HU with my wand ... >_>…

How is this different than Rod?

eharima
Nov 14, 2012, 06:06 PM
Techer / force main is the difference...
You like that 'feature'?

GoldenFalcon
Nov 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
Techer / force main is the difference...
You like that 'feature'?

I am not sure what you're getting at by saying 'feature'

eharima
Nov 14, 2012, 07:34 PM
The 'feature' of not being able to cast certain techniques any range with wand/ rod...

terrell707
Nov 14, 2012, 07:37 PM
The 'feature' of not being able to cast certain techniques any range with wand/ rod...

Thats what Talis are for.

Eman2417
Nov 14, 2012, 07:44 PM
Megiverse is still downright useless, i'll stick with resta to guarantee my teammates safety. I guess the range can be compensated with territory boost but... it's not as efficient as resta. And lol because 10 pp is so tough to deal with.

eharima
Nov 14, 2012, 08:00 PM
Thats what Talis are for.

WAND FAN BOY

This space is intentionally blank because post too short.

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2012, 09:52 PM
uh, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't wands and rods functionally identical with casting techniques?

barring a very slightly slower casting speed for wands, which drives me bonkers as I constantly miss JA by that fraction of a second's difference when I main techer to level it up

GoldenFalcon
Nov 14, 2012, 09:56 PM
Yes, he said the only difference between wand and rod (for spells) is which main class you are

However,

first of all, Sazonde is a ball you throw at them, so that example doesn't make sense
And the whole point of point-blank techs like Gigrants is that they are more powerful. If you want to cast Gigrants at any range like Grants... wand isn't for you.

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2012, 10:02 PM
Oh, I thought he was saying there WAS a difference.

Wands just need:

Explosion charges gear
Explosion contributes to recovered PP
Mirage attack, a strike you can do during mirage escape to end it earlier, functionally similar to step attack. Maybe only wands would get it, I don't know.
A new skill, Normal Tech PP Restore. 1 PP per level restored upon firing off an uncharged tech
Territory boost given new, secondary bonus tied to wand gear - more gear bar = larger casting radius, no activation of skill required, but activating forces the radius to max for normal duration like it does right now

techer fixed

GoldenFalcon
Nov 14, 2012, 10:14 PM
Wands just need:
Mirage attack, a strike you can do during mirage escape to end it earlier, functionally similar to step attack. Maybe only wands would get it, I don't know.

lol, adding a Mirage Attack next to Just Reversal (so that there is no requirement) would be cool. Heck, give it to Force too, why not
Being able to click before you start fading back in, in order to instantly appear while doing the 3rd combo slap would be amusing. Although, maybe it would be too good in that you could spam Mirage like a Hunter's step dash and it would break Talis even more

Rien
Nov 14, 2012, 11:41 PM

I think you mean Razonde.

eharima
Nov 15, 2012, 12:12 AM
I probably do mean RAzonde then, thanks for correction.
You cast it with a wand and its like a tent shape lightning over you...

Shadowjesse626
Nov 15, 2012, 01:12 AM
anyone have video of zondeel? i havent seen it

freyt
Nov 15, 2012, 01:12 AM
Oh, I thought he was saying there WAS a difference.

Wands just need:

A new skill, Normal Tech PP Restore. 1 PP per level restored upon firing off an uncharged tech

techer fixed
OP.

Make it like 25% of the cost and we're in.

Also I just wanted Wand Gear to replicate the techs effects. So if I used Rafoie, it'd make an explosion, if I use Foie, it just did fire damage. Etc. With VARYING degrees based on the level of the charge on the gear.

gigawuts
Nov 15, 2012, 01:21 AM
OP.

Make it like 25% of the cost and we're in.

Also I just wanted Wand Gear to replicate the techs effects. So if I used Rafoie, it'd make an explosion, if I use Foie, it just did fire damage. Etc. With VARYING degrees based on the level of the charge on the gear.

Not really OP given how most uncharged techs are direly useless, and if dealing worse DPS than the foie tree is OP then I don't know what's balanced anymore.

A slow death by 3pp uncharged zondes is still nothing next to charged zondes, which wind up with minimal downtime already.

edit: also your idea for wand gear is a thought I had too, your last tech would influence a weapon's extra effect. I would have preferred that, but this IS a lot simpler to set up I guess.

Alenoir
Nov 15, 2012, 01:39 AM
anyone have video of zondeel? i havent seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xKt9Ah3hkg&t=1m35s

Skip to around 1:35 for one of Zondeel's feature in effect. If you cast another Zonde tech while Zondeel is in effect it amplifies the thunder damage or something.

It's the best tech ever. I don't have it, but my friend does. Ahhh all those wonderful damages from Cluster Bullet.

freyt
Nov 15, 2012, 02:04 AM
Not really OP given how most uncharged techs are direly useless, and if dealing worse DPS than the foie tree is OP then I don't know what's balanced anymore.

A slow death by 3pp uncharged zondes is still nothing next to charged zondes, which wind up with minimal downtime already.

edit: also your idea for wand gear is a thought I had too, your last tech would influence a weapon's extra effect. I would have preferred that, but this IS a lot simpler to set up I guess.

The scary part is all the hidden possibilities. Such as just Spamming Megiverse, or Megid itself to get the poison ailment in. Or Barta to freeze, and then use Freeze Ignition. Or just spamming area attacks to get in the hit stun.

Though, when I get to the point where I can one-hit normal mode non-darker enemies with Rafoie uncharged, I would really appreciate it costing virtually nothing.

gigawuts
Nov 15, 2012, 03:02 AM
Meh, applying status effects instead of just outright damaging things is kind of...pointless. So you tag things with effects sooner. I'm not seeing the big deal. Even on bosses that's only marginally useful. With sa megid they've made it pretty clear they don't care if you poison things more frequently.

You seem to be making a bigger deal out of it than it is. But, fine, whatever, 25%. I don't care about the exact number.

Shirokami
Nov 15, 2012, 04:36 AM
[PSO2]10/10????????????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xKt9Ah3hkg&t=1m35s)

Skip to around 1:35 for one of Zondeel's feature in effect. If you cast another Zonde tech while Zondeel is in effect it amplifies the thunder damage or something.

It's the best tech ever. I don't have it, but my friend does. Ahhh all those wonderful damages from Cluster Bullet.

Hoooow on earth does she deal so much damage? O.o

Rien
Nov 15, 2012, 05:49 AM
The scary part is all the hidden possibilities. Such as just Spamming Megiverse, or Megid itself to get the poison ailment in.

Megiverse alone doesn't apply poison now does it?

Shirokami
Nov 15, 2012, 06:26 AM

It doesn't.

Zyrusticae
Nov 15, 2012, 08:55 AM
T-Atk Boost I&II + Tech Charge Advance I&II + Dark Mastery I&II + Shifta Drink + Technique III + Soul + T-Atk Mag

Dinosaur
Nov 15, 2012, 09:49 AM

You can get poison procs on quartz's parts. It won't show on the enemy data(upper left hand corner of the screen), but you can visually see poison dripping from the part. This part will take double damage for a limited amount of time.

Also, that's a level 30 Quartz vs a level 45 w/ subclass

PS: it's a guy.

Shirokami
Nov 15, 2012, 10:51 AM
PS: it's a guy.

He must be infected by Justin Bieber syndrome then.

freyt
Nov 15, 2012, 11:19 AM

No. It heals. It's two different points. I'm sorry it confused you so badly.

And status effects can be pretty powerful. You could also spam Megid on Quartz just to get that weakness of his going. Everything is double damage from there, including from your party I believe.

Eternal255
Nov 15, 2012, 12:17 PM
Uncharged resta heals 100x2 for you? You must have an awesome ammount of T-ATK here, because with 1.1k T-ATK mine only heals 57x2

sorry i meant 100 total, yeah mine heals for about 57 as well. /late response

People actually use S&D?

50% of the reson im subbing techer on fighter. other 50% is megiverse

I guess it could be useful as a support tech also. Throw a talis in a group of enemies or at a boss, cast it, and all the close range melee people get healed as they're are fighting.

this is why i love it too. this way you're not healing people who arent doing anything (ie afk/following or just wandering not attacking). they can go heal themselves xD

& yes, poisoning quartz increases damage for everyone. really nice when you're a dagger fighter hittin the wings before the crystals break cuz they have a lot of defense xD

Kanade
Nov 16, 2012, 02:35 PM
Slightly off-topic... leveling my Force and I just got Zondeel disc, should I just use the lightning tech right away after the first Zondeel or charge it?

terrell707
Nov 16, 2012, 03:14 PM
Slightly off-topic... leveling my Force and I just got Zondeel disc, should I just use the lightning tech right away after the first Zondeel or charge it?

It doesn't really matter, any lightning tech will activate the damaging side of Zondeel. Also if you activate Zondeel and then cast another one near it, it will automatically activate the one you just casted as well.

Just know that once you activate Zondeel, it loses it effect of holding the enemies in one spot.