PDA

View Full Version : Rare Boss Hunting Strategy

vPharaohv
Nov 12, 2012, 09:48 PM
Okay so I'm 6 Nero's in my hunt for the Demolition Comet and I have a few questions:

1. How should I approach the runs?
-Should I run straight for the boss or should I kill monsters before heading for boss?
-Once I'm in the boss should I kill Nero last and open his crystal last?

2. What's the best way to get a team together?
-Obviously it's much more time efficient to do boss runs with a team, plus the more people the more bosses which means higher chances of rare one. But I find it is very difficult to get a team together to do boss runs, most people just want to grind in the multi-area's.
-I'm in ship 2 so which block is the best for getting a team for this?
-Are people more likely to join with titles and descriptions?
-I have seen parties that are locked with the password in the description to make sure people read, this seems like a good idea, but then it limits any non-english player from joining. Is that worth it since they rarely join anyway?

3. About how many Nero's did it take anyone here who has dem com to get it?
-I'm just wondering about how long I'll have to do this to get it.

Thanks in advance!

Lostbob117
Nov 12, 2012, 09:52 PM
Usually if you're in a good team you can find boss rush parties with them. Normally I don't open crystals untill we're done and then go around opening them together. Also yes running straight for boss with four people is a good idea for 3gwanas

NoiseHERO
Nov 12, 2012, 09:53 PM
I just run straight to the boss. If you know what you're looking for, then the only reason to dilly dally on the way is if you're hunting rockbears and maybe guwanada if mission rank controls their drops too? (Not sure)

I'm assuming rare bosses have better droprates on rares than normal bosses and rares. or that's usually the case with rare mons and spawns. (even if the drop is still really rare) And sakai & co were confident rare bosses would automatically mean 10 stars didn't need a drop nerf, so I'm guessing that'd be why.

Only 10* rare I've gotten was avenger(10* rifle) from rare quartz. which isn't very interesting looking and I'd be surprised to find out it's not a common drop.

vPharaohv
Nov 12, 2012, 09:58 PM
then the only reason to dilly dally on the way is if you're hunting rockbears and maybe guwanada if mission rank controls their drops too? (Not sure)

I am hunting rare gwanna, so can someone confirm if rank controls drops?

gravityvx
Nov 12, 2012, 10:00 PM
I am hunting rare gwanna, so can someone confirm if rank controls drops?

Rank is how large your meseta circle will be. Does not effect drop rate but the amount of stuff the boss can drop, technically giving it a higher chance I guess.

vPharaohv
Nov 12, 2012, 10:08 PM
So about how many monsters/CO's does it take for an S-rank?

Raymee
Nov 12, 2012, 10:18 PM
For Rockbear, the enemies that spawn in the boss area are good enough.
For Gwanada Nero, the tentacles count as a kill too.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 12, 2012, 10:24 PM
When I was doing the Trick of Treat quest on Very Hard earlier, Guwana Nero spawned in the last room of Area 2

I took like 10 minutes killing him, which means tons and tons of tentacle kills. But, since I only killed like 5 enemies on the way there, he dropped 3 meseta things and a Vita Breaker.

Alenoir
Nov 12, 2012, 10:28 PM
Always kill enough to S rank, since the boss will drop more item, which all have a chance to be a rare.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 12, 2012, 10:57 PM
Always kill enough to S rank, since the boss will drop more item, which all have a chance to be a rare.

I'd like to speculate that getting enough kills to S rank doesn't change anything
I believe it is the extra kills after getting enough for S rank (and things like tentacles seem to not count towards it)

Ezodagrom
Nov 12, 2012, 11:13 PM
Rank is how large your meseta circle will be. Does not effect drop rate but the amount of stuff the boss can drop, technically giving it a higher chance I guess.
It's not exactly like that.

as we all know, the boss drops a minimum of 4 items. Important thing is that the RNG which may give us the rare item from the loot table is happening only with one of those drops. The other 3 are junk items like discs, normal weapons or meseta.

Now about the 2 ways to increase the number of drops:

1) Breaking enemy parts - drops added via this way won't give us rares from the main loot table on the boss. That RNG is not happening there, it's just junk and/or RNG for the items that require certain parts to be broken (like Vol units).

2) Killing a set amount of enemies - also known as the S rank clear. Up to 4 items can be added to the boss crystal drop by killing a set number of enemies. There are 2 very important facts about this:
a) Every additional drop added this way has a chance to be a rare. The RNG from the boss loot table is working when generating every single one of them.
b) The reason this way is called S rank clear is because the amount of monsters required to increase the drop rate will net you an S rank. Thing to note - this doesn't mean that the S rank run will guarantee an increase in drops. This is mainly because the quota for increasing the number of drops is sometimes higher than the one for an S grade.http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43475075&postcount=1832

DoubleCannon
Nov 12, 2012, 11:21 PM
It's not exactly like that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43475075&postcount=1832

thanks a ton for that info. So basically getting 8 drops from a nero = 5 chances at a rare to drop rather than 1 from a normal 4 item drop.

I am also on the hunt for this. it seems the mornings is the only time I can have a chance to get parties playing desert because then the japanese all go to bed. Sucks. But atleast I now know those extra 4 drops are very important

vPharaohv
Nov 12, 2012, 11:22 PM
So what's the number of kills I should be aiming for to ensure I get the extra boss drops?

gigawuts
Nov 12, 2012, 11:33 PM
Look me up ingame (gigawuts), I do runs every day with Ce'Nedra. We're also on a demo hunt. I'm up to 10-11, he's up to a flat 20 now. Lots of sa megids, but not one demo yet.

We tend to do 4 players if we can find enough.

vPharaohv
Nov 12, 2012, 11:41 PM
Look me up ingame (gigawuts), I do runs every day with Ce'Nedra. We're also on a demo hunt. I'm up to 10-11, he's up to a flat 20 now. Lots of sa megids, but not one demo yet.

We tend to do 4 players if we can find enough.

Sounds good, I'll definitely do that! Although depending on my work load week to week I'm not on much if at all Monday-Thursday.

Nov 13, 2012, 12:02 AM
Kill all the enemies on the way to boss, that usually about enough, i don't know how many that is but that works for me. If both A1 and A2 have quick exits i stay a bit longer. They take us about 10-12 minutes a run all the runs i did today gave me 8 drops from each crystals.

To answer your last question, I have killed about 20 neros so far, no demo for me yet, but a friend of mine had 2 drop on his first 2 neros. It really all comes down to luck, and if you don't get lucky, dont give up.

Eternal255
Nov 13, 2012, 01:21 PM

statistically speaking, yes, the amount of drops can increase drop rates:

if the drop chance of an item was 5%, and the drop of one item was not effected by another, aka mutually exclusive events, (which its not, considering ive gotten 2x 10* back pieces from one vardha kill)

then you got (5*8 )% chance of the item dropping. Assuming the creature spawned/died with the proper loot pool IE the one that has demo comet in its loot table

so yes, kill creatures if you are hunting rare enemies. from what ive seen, gwana's are effected by ranking, however people claim they may not be. do some testing and see which works for you, but since you are hunting rare spawns, it would definitely be beneficial going for the multi-drop

a teammate of mine was explaining loot pools to me and it seemed to make a lot of sense. I believe that hte drop rate of the items is relatively high if you are in the correct loot pool (considering situations where multiple of the same item have dropped)

however, an enemy spawning with the correct loot pool is rare. which is why you usually see meseta or common items.

and using RDR items as he mentioned does not help at all as it does not increase the likelihood if the correct pool being selected. however, IF the correct pool was selected, then your rare droprate items/drinks help out a lot

Z-0
Nov 13, 2012, 01:37 PM
Lol "correct pool". No, that is not the case. The extra items are also mutually exclusive to the drop before it.

The way it works:

An enemy has its own loot pool. It's ALWAYS the same. It will always have the same chance of dropping certain rare items.
Body parts (which can be broken) are essentially regarded as a different enemy, and have a completely different drop pool. For example, the back legs of a Banther are able to drop one of its units (not sure which one, but this is why you can see 2 of the same item), but NOT the main rare item from the enemy (such as Lambda Featheredge from Bantha Elena). Taking your Vardha Example, I don't know what body part drops the units, but kill 50 Vardhas without breaking any body parts and you'll get no units. Now kill 50 Vardhs breaking them all, and you'll probably fill your bank with them.

Rank doesn't cause more drops at all, it's enemy kills only. Providing you fill the quota for max drops from an enemy (varies), you will get 8 drops instead of 4, which is +400% chance of the drop you want. They're usually called S-Rank Clear, because as Keii said, they usually go hand in hand. Go die 3 times (thus losing all your points from that), and go kill Gwana. You will still receive max drops despite receiving B Rank.

Eternal255
Nov 13, 2012, 01:48 PM
Lol "correct pool". No, that is not the case. The extra items are also mutually exclusive to the drop before it.

He stands corrected then.

In either case, yeah, more drops, more chances.

I didnt know that broken parts can drop items too. The link posted above says otherwise as well.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 13, 2012, 01:53 PM
I'm at 20 nero's myself spread over 292 boss rush runs (started the moment I could acces VH desert) and what I do myself is just ignore kinda everything except other rare bosses and just rush straight to area 3. There I check the spawns as as soon no Nero appears I abandon and restart.

It gets boring fast but if you have some friends to help its not that bad. Good luck to you.

I also never expierenced much from S-ranking. No matter what rank I get I still get 4 or 8 items at random no matter my ranking. In general Gwanada and Gwanada Nero are very stingy, 9 out of 10 drop a meseta ring.

Tianren
Nov 13, 2012, 03:06 PM
Ce'Nedra; Your method is the best to farm for rare bosses, and is a common method used by the Japanese players themselves when hunting for them.

Now, on to the drop theory... It is funny to see the Western concepts versus the Japanese concepts, and information is still being discovered daily. The only thing that both agree on would be that a certain amount of kills over S rank helps add to the drops, on the other hand, Japanese believe in a 'lottery' akin to loot pools... Which would explain why the ロックナックル are so common being in 4 of the 'lottery' drawings...

Nov 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
How is that the best method? If you run w/ 4 people the 3rd one can be a nero, so you would need to kill at least one, and if you do find a nero with that system, you will not get 8 drops.

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2012, 03:11 PM
How is that the best method? If you run w/ 4 people the 3rd one can be a nero, so you would need to kill at least one, and if you do find a nero with that system, you will not get 8 drops.

This IS something we've been encountering, yes. I personally prefer to run with 3, then we drop the quest if we don't see a nero, but having 4 makes for more more entertainment while we hunt.

That said, we should really make a point to always kill the nero first, so all the kills we got on the way are counted towards it instead of the other gwana.

Alenoir
Nov 13, 2012, 03:15 PM
Gonna throw this (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%89%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E6% 9D%A1%E4%BB%B6%E3%81%BE%E3%81%A8%E3%82%81) here on the drop theory. Have more info than what Keii translated. If anyone feels like it, the link to the said magazine on Enterbrain is on the page, too.

Tianren
Nov 13, 2012, 03:24 PM

I'll correct myself in stating it is the best method for those short on time and that do not always run with a group. ^^;

Ce'Nedra
Nov 13, 2012, 03:29 PM
We always kill 1 Gwana if we are with 4 but since that doesn't happen to often I didn't mention it.

Heat Haze
Nov 13, 2012, 03:35 PM
Been boss hunting for a while.. I'm not even trying to find rare weapons or the like at all. Just level 11+ Technic disks and I'm having trouble even with that. The results I have so far are..

7 out of 75 runs - Crys Draal

3x Ragrants (Level 6, 7, 7)
2x Quick March (Level 14, 10)

1 out of 8 runs - Gwana Nero

Meseta Ring

1 out of 1 run - Burn Draal

Meseta Ring (Didn't expect to find it, boss rushed. So this was an expected result. Also the fact that Diggs give you hardly any points at all towards boss drops.)

6 out of 81 runs - Bantha Elena/Oran

2x Additional Bullet (Level 12, 8 )
3x Assault Buster (Level 10, 11, 8 )
0x Sabarta (Not a single copy)

3 out of 7 runs - Bantha Donna/Ong

2x Nazan (Level 13, 9)
0x Slash Rave (No luck here.)

MPA - Tranzexia (Code Attack, all 3 were rare. Not sure if that's the norm though.)

1x Zondeel (Level 13 from 1st Mizer)
Xx Meseta Ring (From the rest of the Mizers)

MPA - Dark Agrani (Encountered 3 total)

1x Orchestra (Level 9)
2x Elder Rebellion (Level 7, 8 )

Mostly done with a Duo since I can never find a group. How do you guys approach rare boss hunting? Grinding Area 2 for a while before entering Area 3 or just rushing there and restarting if not rare?

Sealco555
Nov 13, 2012, 03:43 PM
I'm 4 Neros into my own Demolition Comet hunt, and I typically kill everything on my way to Area 3 (espcially Krahdas, since I want a Blade Dance almost as much), then kill the Gwana even if it's not rare. I figured that I probably wouldn't find the Demolition Comet that quickly, and the ~2k meseta you get from the Code: Duel and quest completion adds up. Killing Gwana doesn't usually take much longer than 3 minutes, anyways. This almost always results in S-rank with 8 drops, though it's possible to get S-rank but only 4 drops.

Note: I unfortunately did not do my research on the whereabouts of the English community before starting, so I always do my runs solo on Ship 5.

Nov 13, 2012, 03:47 PM
I'll correct myself in stating it is the best method for those short on time and that do not always run with a group. ^^;

We always kill 1 Gwana if we are with 4 but since that doesn't happen to often I didn't mention it.

Lol, alright just making sure i wasn't missing something. I haven't done many boss rush runs until the rare boss rate increase. ^^;

Eternal255
Nov 13, 2012, 03:51 PM
my groups always just kill the gwana's anyway. they drop some valuable shit (the souls are nice)

and i like to kill the kradha's that spawn too (im still hunting a blade dance, two birds ^.^)

only at 3 neros including the 2 i saw at random pre-spawn nerf. before the rare spawn nerf we killed 50+ and saw no neros. now we found one after only 2-3 runs of 3 spawns.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 13, 2012, 03:52 PM
Like i mentioned before, I started as soon I had acces to VH...when did VH release again? 2-3 weeks ago now? maybe more? Up till the update from last week I only encountered 4 Nero's, now with this update I got 16 more in much lesser runs as well.

My current hunting stats would be

Rush Runs: 292
Gwanadha Kills: 350+ (not counting the many I abandoned)
MPA hours: 25+
Desert EM (trick or treat): 15
Gwana Nero: 20
Demoliton Comets: 0
Samegids: 15

ANyway Nero is a stingy bastard...I want my fav double saber already ;-;

Tianren
Nov 13, 2012, 03:54 PM
Dark, I think you would have better luck getting the ウォルガーハンズ knuckles than Demo Comet or Blade Dance for some odd reason.

EDIT: I am up to 14 Rogbelts now with not even a single rare drop, my best being a level 8 フラッシュサウザンド PA. I am stubborn enough to keep at it though.

Cry0
Nov 13, 2012, 04:24 PM
I'm at 20 nero's myself spread over 292 boss rush runs (started the moment I could acces VH desert) and what I do myself is just ignore kinda everything except other rare bosses and just rush straight to area 3. There I check the spawns as as soon no Nero appears I abandon and restart.

It gets boring fast but if you have some friends to help its not that bad. Good luck to you.

I also never expierenced much from S-ranking. No matter what rank I get I still get 4 or 8 items at random no matter my ranking. In general Gwanada and Gwanada Nero are very stingy, 9 out of 10 drop a meseta ring.

oh you poor sad bastard :( Dont worry ce'nero, I'll be back soon to pull them bad luck mojo more my way ;)

Sealco555
Nov 13, 2012, 04:54 PM
While we're on the topic, anyone want to try to estimate the chances of a rare boss spawn? 1/10 seems about right from personal experience.

Tianren
Nov 13, 2012, 04:56 PM
1/10 is incorrect, you are forgetting the factor of other players running it in the same block as you, among other details.

Sealco555
Nov 13, 2012, 05:01 PM
To be more specific, I find a Nero in area 3 about once every 10 runs. I've had a few random Gwana spawns in ECs, but none of them were rare. Counting those, I guess it's a bit lower than 1/10, but no lower than ~1/20. Usually I'm the only one running VH Desert on my block.

consume
Nov 13, 2012, 05:05 PM
For most bosses you should always S rank. However i've noticed that with Gwana you almost always get 4-5 drops.

So most parties i've been in just run to the boss area and restart if it's not the rare version. I've seen about 15 nero over the past 3 days doing this and i've also gotten samegid almost every time.

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2012, 05:13 PM
1/10 is incorrect, you are forgetting the factor of other players running it in the same block as you, among other details.

Honestly, 1/10 doesn't sound that far off from the runs I do with nedra. Maybe 1/20, which might sound like a big difference, but with the nature of the RNG in this game and how it loves its streaks that's just 3-ish boss rushes on average. We'll have 2 neros in as many fully party rushes, then 2 without, then 1 with, then 6 without.

It's hard to accurately say, but 1/10 feels right to me.

Tianren
Nov 13, 2012, 05:29 PM
I would say around 1/15, just from the amount of Rockbear runs I have done alone.

Z-0
Nov 13, 2012, 05:43 PM
Oh no, a slightly different number!

Not like anyone actually knows the rate.

Coatl
Nov 13, 2012, 05:57 PM
Always S rank it.
Though I find Transmizer giving me 4-6 drops regardless of the rank. Possibly because he has no breakable parts.

Tianren
Nov 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
Oh no, a slightly different number!

Not like anyone actually knows the rate.

Oh no, a smart ass. Of course that's why I stated earlier there are other factors and details that we just don't have.

Link1275
Nov 13, 2012, 06:40 PM
It's 0.01%.

consume
Nov 13, 2012, 06:45 PM
It's 0.01%.

.06% on ship 10 ^_^

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2012, 06:48 PM
Gwana neros were up to .08% last I saw on ship 2, a couple days ago I believe. It should have only gone up since then. Before the boost to spawnrates it was .01%. Demo comets have gone up from 3 to 10, the same time I checked gwana nero spawnrates as well.

Link1275
Nov 13, 2012, 06:55 PM
.06% on ship 10 ^_^

Gwana neros were up to .08% last I saw on ship 2, a couple days ago I believe. It should have only gone up since then. Before the boost to spawnrates it was .01%. Demo comets have gone up from 3 to 10, the same time I checked gwana nero spawnrates as well.

I'm on ship 8, which has enough players that we seem not to have our rates affected by the amount of people running stuff. Or in other words, our ship probably has so few people running on it that we see close to the base rates. Other ships' rates for stuff would be accurate for them though.

Tianren
Nov 13, 2012, 07:05 PM
Ship 9 had .06% for Rogbelt last I checked...

vPharaohv
Nov 14, 2012, 05:26 AM
Okay so I got another nero today in a boss room with a regular gwanna. I killed plenty of monster and did plenty of EC's, in fact it was a rather long run. I killed the krahda and regular gwanna first, the gwanna dropped 8 drops, but the nero only dropped 4. Why? What did I do wrong?

GoldenFalcon
Nov 14, 2012, 05:42 AM
Okay so I got another nero today in a boss room with a regular gwanna. I killed plenty of monster and did plenty of EC's, in fact it was a rather long run. I killed the krahda and regular gwanna first, the gwanna dropped 8 drops, but the nero only dropped 4. Why? What did I do wrong?

You're supposed to kill the Nero first, which is what the discussion in the middle of the thread was (saying that having a third Guwana spawn in a full party is useless since the drops will only be 4 no matter what)

vPharaohv
Nov 14, 2012, 06:49 AM
You're supposed to kill the Nero first, which is what the discussion in the middle of the thread was (saying that having a third Guwana spawn in a full party is useless since the drops will only be 4 no matter what)

Oh my bad! Thank you!

Golto
Nov 14, 2012, 10:28 AM
If you're using enemy records then it does seem around 7~10% rare boss appearence.

Free forest| Rockbear 1.6% Rogbelt 0.19% = 10.6% Rogbelts
Free Volcanic Caves| Vol Dragon .96% Burn Draal .08% = 7.7% Burn Draals
Free Desert| Gwanahda 1.18% Gwanahda Nero .09% = 7% Gwanahda Nero

Others follow the same patterns except can't tell Ruin Free because enemy list goes over the number of different mobs they can show (30 different mobs max).

Coatl
Nov 14, 2012, 10:38 AM
Hey guys, if this theory is true, should we instead kill mr. banther first instead of ms. banshee if we want the valuables from mr. banther?

Link1275
Nov 14, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hey guys, if this theory is true, should we instead kill mr. banther first instead of ms. banshee if we want the valuables from mr. banther?
It's a little hard to pull that one off actually. Unless you can kill them when they are on the ridge watching...

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2012, 11:20 AM
Meh, grants makes targeting just one easy, and for non-forces some aggro management and tree hugging (for fangs) makes that easy too.

Not that I expect I'll bother, though.

Link1275
Nov 14, 2012, 11:24 AM
Meh, grants makes targeting just one easy, and for non-forces some aggro management and tree hugging (for fangs) makes that easy too.

Not that I expect I'll bother, though.
I'm just saying that 4 well geared people can take out a Banshee before Banther even jumps down to help fight.

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2012, 11:27 AM
Well, wait, surely if you're in a party of 4 people you're at least somewhat coordinating...

edit: Besides, we all know the best way to farm snow banthers is the naberius TA!

Rare snow banthers on the other hand...not so much.

Link1275
Nov 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
Well, wait, surely if you're in a party of 4 people you're at least somewhat coordinating...

edit: Besides, we all know the best way to farm snow banthers is the naberius TA!

Rare snow banthers on the other hand...not so much.
Me coordinate in a random party of 4 people on ship 8? I wish. The amount of people that speak English and are consistently on is very few actually.

Crysteon
Nov 14, 2012, 11:39 AM
I'm just saying that 4 well geared people can take out a Banshee before Banther even jumps down to help fight.

That awkward moment when I've done the very same thing....alone.

Sealco555
Nov 14, 2012, 03:10 PM
Now that I think about it, I don't remember ever seeing an infected boss in VH. It seems like rare bosses in VH replace the infected bosses of lower difficulties. Is it still possible to get red Code: Duels in VH? Not that they drop anything good, as far as I know.

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2012, 03:13 PM
Now that I think about it, I don't remember ever seeing an infected boss in VH. It seems like rare bosses in VH replace the infected bosses of lower difficulties. Is it still possible to get red Code: Duels in VH? Not that they drop anything good, as far as I know.

I see infected all the time, and have seen infected rare bosses too.

Sealco555
Nov 14, 2012, 03:15 PM
I guess I've just been "unlucky" then. Out of the ~50 VH Desert runs I've done not one Ragne, Gwana, or Nero has been infected.

Macman
Nov 14, 2012, 04:11 PM
My luck is different, but still bad. I found 2 infected king vardhas in a row once and they both dropped garbage. Not even any unique disks. I want Glorious Rain, dammit!

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2012, 04:16 PM
Anyone else noticing rare bosses are, uh, way rarer after yesterday's patch? In 20-ish runs we've only found 1 nero, which is 1 in about 50 given the players we had across the runs.

Macman
Nov 14, 2012, 04:18 PM
I'd wait until a week to get some solid statistics from the quest records before jumping to conclusions.

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2012, 04:20 PM
Which is why I came here to ask if other people are noticing the same thing.

Griffin
Nov 14, 2012, 04:20 PM
Yea I'm confused as shit. I really don't know where everyone is getting their information. Please alleviate my ignorance.

gigawuts
Nov 14, 2012, 04:24 PM
I get my information from firsthand experience. The .08% spawnrate & 10 demo comets in 7 days statistics come from quest information in-game, right below the option to search existing parties for the given quest.

Griffin
Nov 14, 2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks, Giga. I'll check it out. Wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, I just wanted to know what made everyone smart all of a sudden. >:U

Macman
Nov 15, 2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah what giga said. That'll give you the counts of all rare items found in the quest in the last 7 days, the count of affixes found, and the spawn ratio of all the monsters. For rare enemies you can just compare the current ratio of the rare version with the normal version.

Eternal255
Nov 15, 2012, 12:23 PM
Anyone else noticing rare bosses are, uh, way rarer after yesterday's patch? In 20-ish runs we've only found 1 nero, which is 1 in about 50 given the players we had across the runs.

ya know you're right, didnt think of that. teammate was huntin 6+ rogbelts a day, last 2 days he hasnt seen a single one. i havent found any gwana nero's either.

maybe they un-nerfed the nerf o.O

gravityvx
Nov 15, 2012, 12:25 PM
Seeing as how rare bosses went from rare to just uncommon, I wouldn't put it past sega to have nerfed it a little. Although, I ran into 3 of those darker rockbear things yeterday & rare ragne. Just for the record.

Tajima Hirago
Nov 15, 2012, 02:25 PM
Only 10* rare I've gotten was avenger(10* rifle) from rare quartz. which isn't very interesting looking and I'd be surprised to find out it's not a common drop.

Been hunting for that darn thing for a few days now and with no success. Killed at LEAST 30+ of the things and still going. *Uses 50% rare boosters* Nope. *Uses 250% rare boosters* Lolnope. Guess I gotta just keep at it but man, that RNG :-?

NoiseHERO
Nov 15, 2012, 02:37 PM
Been hunting for that darn thing for a few days now and with no success. Killed at LEAST 30+ of the things and still going. *Uses 50% rare boosters* Nope. *Uses 250% rare boosters* Lolnope. Guess I gotta just keep at it but man, that RNG :-?

Yeah and I can't even USE it!

I should just trade it or sell it- OH WAIT I CAN'T DO THAT EITHER!!

At least make it so that you can only get rares that your class can use. I dunno SOMETHING! It's kinda bullshit to get an ultra rare and your only use for it would be some form of "recycling" that we won't see for months or building a new character/class around trying to use it. >_>

gigawuts
Nov 15, 2012, 05:25 PM
I had a decent haul of neros last night, but can't remember how many I killed with Rock and his buddees. We churned through gwanas to find them like a hot knife through butter with some very well placed weak bullets every rush, so the spawn rate wasn't nearly 1/10 or even 1/20 despite the number we went through.

Today, however, yielded only 2 out of easily 100-150 gwanas.

There's random, and then there's a trend that surfaces in large enough numbers. I have a feeling they either intentionally or accidentally rolled back the update. They probably would have announced intentional adjustments. That said, this IS seemingly more frequent than before the update, so it's possible they nerfed spawnrates without announcing it.

I just hope they also boosted 10* spawnrates on rare enemies. I'm not holding my breath, though.

edit:
Yeah and I can't even USE it!

I should just trade it or sell it- OH WAIT I CAN'T DO THAT EITHER!!

At least make it so that you can only get rares that your class can use. I dunno SOMETHING! It's kinda bullshit to get an ultra rare and your only use for it would be some form of "recycling" that we won't see for months or building a new character/class around trying to use it. >_>

I want some new feature where you can select a weapon class you're hunting, and your next 10* will be of that class. It would either force a drop after exceeding the average droprate X times, but in exchange you won't find any other 10*'s, or it would be a big boost to that weapon type (also at the exclusion of all others). It would either be very cheap feature as a way to balance not being able to trade, or a very expensive feature that costs ac scratch costumes because fuck you give us money.