PDA

View Full Version : Why such an early maintenance today?

[Ayumi]
Nov 13, 2012, 02:01 PM
I don't get it.

Sp-24
Nov 13, 2012, 02:03 PM
No idea, but the news about it have been on the player's site for the whole week.

Miwako
I am wondering why they need to take the servers down to do maintain their management site

GreenArcher
Probably so Sakai could sit there and laugh as us foreigners are kept out of the game during normal waking hours! They hate us!!!!! /conspiracy

I don't know. At least we had a good heads up on it.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=594

gigawuts
I've been told they've shifted the schedule maintenance to earlier in the day. I believe this is the new scheduled time, so it'll always go down now instead of later in the day.

BIG OLAF
Nov 13, 2012, 02:04 PM
Since I'm gonna be starting to work during the day, this is fine with me.

Not sure why the maintenance is going to last eight hours though.

[Ayumi]
Nov 13, 2012, 02:04 PM
I've been told they've shifted the schedule maintenance to earlier in the day. I believe this is the new scheduled time, so it'll always go down now instead of later in the day.

I hope this is a lie/joke/rumor/bullshitting.

lunarsoul
Nov 13, 2012, 02:06 PM

That sucks, I didnt mind the old time because I am sleeping when the servers are down. :-(

Heat Haze
A better question would be why it's an 8-hour maintenance instead of the usual 6 hours.

Apparently it's something around the lines of "System Maintenance for the SEGA ID Management Page". I always figured the page and the game itself were separate. (I.e: You don't need to take the game servers offline to fix something that isn't in-game.) But I have no idea how Sega, or these things, work.

Ezodagrom
Today is not just maintenance for the game, but also maintenance for the SEGA ID system.

CelestialBlade
Nov 13, 2012, 02:07 PM
I can't see it always lasting this long though, 8 hours is a long routine maint period unless it really is just Sakai's Laughing Time.

[Ayumi]
Nov 13, 2012, 02:08 PM
I can't see it always lasting this long though, 8 hours is a long routine maint period unless it really is just Sakai's Laughing Time.

I know if I was the one behind it, I wouldn't be laughing with it down for a long time.
I would more likely be worrying.

BahnKnakyu
Nov 13, 2012, 02:09 PM
Today is not just maintenance for the game, but also maintenance for the SEGA ID system.

Now that makes more sense.

Must be a one-off. Wonder if it was related in any way to the region block PSO-World PANIC we had the past week.

We'll find out in 8 hours? :D

nadespam
Nov 13, 2012, 02:10 PM
The answer is simple...

8-)

Deal with it.

Miwako
I think it's because they are doing major work on the account management site, maybe they wanted to do it on hours where they didn't have to worry about a large toll of people sending in complaints so they can focus on the task at hand instead of the minor junk. Idk it's 4am in Japan so who knows XD. At least my PS3 games I had sitting on the shelf since release can get some play time from me... I hope this isn't going to be a new time every week.

BIG OLAF

Must be a one-off. Wonder if it was related in any way to the region block PSO-World PANIC we had the past week.

Oh jesus, inb4theoriesthatwewon'tbeabletologinwhentheservers comeback

EvilMag
Nov 13, 2012, 02:11 PM
OMG SAKAI STOMPED ON AN ANT!

CLEARY THIS IS A SIGN THAT HE"LL DO THE SAME TO US FOREIGNERS!

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2012, 02:11 PM

WE DIDN'T LISTEN

Ezodagrom
Nov 13, 2012, 02:14 PM

The maintenance of the SEGA ID system was announced last thursday, I doubt it has anything to do with the weekend region block thing.

Raymee
Nov 13, 2012, 02:16 PM
Well a maintenance never hurts.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 13, 2012, 02:18 PM
Really sucks for me, means from now on no PSO2 on tuesdays if this is to become their new maintance schedule.

On the other hand its wise for sega though, better do it early morning so people who have some time free in the afternoons can still play.

DoubleCannon
Nov 13, 2012, 02:20 PM
"Atempts to log in after maintenance" "Sorry your sega ID is no longer valid as it is not offered in your area"

Be right back hunnie!

Why where are you going?

Rounding up an attack on sega HQ, you will probably see me on CNN.

Ok dear have fun

lol

Miwako
Nov 13, 2012, 02:22 PM
"Atempts to log in after maintenance" "Sorry your sega ID is no longer valid as it is not offered in your area"

Be right back hunnie!

Why where are you going?

Rounding up an attack on sega HQ, you will probably see me on CNN.

Ok dear have fun

lol

OMG that would suck... I have Premium till the end of January! ^^;

Ezodagrom
Nov 13, 2012, 02:25 PM
Really sucks for me, means from now on no PSO2 on tuesdays if this is to become their new maintance schedule.

On the other hand its wise for sega though, better do it early morning so people who have some time free in the afternoons can still play.
In the PSO2 page, I don't think it says that this is going to be the new regular maintenance schedule, I think that the time of the maintenance is early just for today, I'm using google translate to check the page, so I can't be completely sure about this.

NoiseHERO
Nov 13, 2012, 02:27 PM
Is that what randomly booted me from the game today?

So much for getting fighter to 45.

Dinosaur
Nov 13, 2012, 02:29 PM
This maint. time makes more sense for JST. Before, maint would start around the noontime JST which is around the time when people actually start playing in the day. So you had Japanese people getting off of school and work, coming home with PSO2 servers down. Not to mention that 12-7pm is a really good time for netcafes. Now it has begun at 4am JST and should be up by noontime so people can actually play on the day of maintenance.

tl;dr previous maintenance schedule was counter-productive for JST

lunarsoul
Nov 13, 2012, 02:31 PM
This maint. time makes more sense for JST. Before, maint would start around the noontime JST which is around the time when people actually start playing in the day. So you had Japanese people getting off of school and work, coming home with PSO2 servers down. Not to mention that 12-7pm is a really good time for netcafes. Now it has begun at 4am JST and should be up by noontime so people can actually play on the day of maintenance.

tl;dr previous maintenance schedule was counter-productive for JST

Though being a SEGA programer must suck now since they have to work earlier and longer hours. :-P

Sp-24
Nov 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
The message at the player's site reads more like this is a one-time thing, and not a new schedule. But yeah, it would make more sense if they started the maintenance at around 7 AM instead of 11 AM. I'm not sure why won't they.

RagolianHunter
Nov 13, 2012, 02:36 PM
Sooo anyone know when it will end?

Sp-24
Nov 13, 2012, 02:37 PM
In 7.5 hours or earlier. Or later. Anyway, it is said to last 8 hours.

firefiore
Nov 13, 2012, 02:41 PM
So, what is it like to be so paranoid?

Eternal255
Nov 13, 2012, 02:53 PM
i'd prefer these hours, i wish theyd do this every week >.<

im at work/school til 7pm tuesday/thursday so i dont get to play at all tuesdays.

Shirokami
Nov 13, 2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks Sakai, now I can stop grinding and study for my finals.

pikachief
Nov 13, 2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks Sakai, now I can stop grinding and study for my finals.

I was thinking the same thing, but with just general homework. I'm not quite near finals yet...

RedRaz0r
Nov 13, 2012, 03:59 PM
I was thinking the same thing, but with just general homework. I'm not quite near finals yet...

I'm at work and was excited to spend the full day playing. Now I don't know what to do here...

And don't say I should go and work, because I work at a small family owned locksmith shop, so all I do is sit here and wait for customers to come in (usually only between 1-10 customers per day, 7 hour days)

Shirokami
Nov 13, 2012, 04:02 PM
I'm at work and was excited to spend the full day playing. Now I don't know what to do here...

And don't say I should go and work, because I work at a small family owned locksmith shop, so all I do is sit here and wait for customers to come in (usually only between 1-10 customers per day, 7 hour days)

How can you even manage to keep the business alive O_O?

NoiseHERO
Nov 13, 2012, 04:03 PM
I...

Can get some drawing done.

And got my WM code for when this longass maint ends. >_>

Reiketsu
Nov 13, 2012, 04:05 PM

If you can still find one, take one of those ancient things people apparently used in the past to kill time... I think they were called 'books', but might be just a myth :-?

Angelo
Nov 13, 2012, 04:06 PM
I guess this makes more sense this way.

The old schedule was afterschool/prime time for Japan. That'd annoy me.

Cyron Tanryoku
Nov 13, 2012, 04:07 PM
;2881646']I don't get it.
Because I said so, of course!

NoiseHERO
Nov 13, 2012, 04:12 PM
If you can still find one, take one of those ancient things people apparently used in the past to kill time... I think they were called 'books', but might be just a myth :-?

Don't over glorify books with that typical suggestion! They're just as bad as TV in the 90's and Internet now! Though a good book is a good book.

But yeah, a portable piece of entertainment can be not-PSO2.

Though being a locksmith sounds cool.

Reiketsu
Nov 13, 2012, 04:26 PM
Don't over glorify books with that typical suggestion! They're just as bad as TV in the 90's and Internet now! Though a good book is a good book.

But yeah, a portable piece of entertainment can be not-PSO2.

Though being a locksmith sounds cool.

WTF are you talking about? TV in the 90s was awesome, NOW it's shit!
Besides, as if I was entirely serious, lol
Then again... in that kinda situation, I actually would either read a book, a visual novel or just play PSP xD
Don't think I could concentrate on writing or drawing, if it's possible a customer could come in any second, otherwise I'd do that :/

Shirai
Nov 13, 2012, 04:41 PM
Lol at the paranoia. I have no issue with the time, since this is for a Japanese server. Also, people need to chill down a bit.

lunarsoul
Nov 13, 2012, 04:44 PM
I must be getting old, because I dont see anyone freaking out, more like a "bummer, what to do now.." attitude.

NoiseHERO
Nov 13, 2012, 04:46 PM
WTF are you talking about? TV in the 90s was awesome, NOW it's shit!
Besides, as if I was entirely seri-

You know back in the 90's when everyone was all "stop watching TV and read a book/go outside."

Now it's all "get off the internet and go outside."

And before TV, it was "stop reading books all day and go outside!"

internet = everything combined

telling someone to go outside = lol

Ace-zatzu
Nov 13, 2012, 04:47 PM
I must be getting old, because I dont see anyone freaking out, more like a "bummer, what to do now.." attitude.

lol should we freak out :D

Chik'Tikka
Nov 13, 2012, 05:10 PM
仕方ないが+^_^+ i always wondered why they do maint when they do, i would think they would do maint in the wee hours of the morning (2 am JP time) like Amerikajin servers rather then when servers are half populated+^_^+ doesn't bother me though, they're usually back up when i have time to play+^_^+ besides, won't be on tonight, B-Ops II is out for delivery and when i has it ima take a PSO2 hiatus for a bit+^_^+

DoubleCannon
Nov 13, 2012, 05:18 PM
Back in the 90's was.. Sonic the hedgehog ORIGINAL! Dragon ball > Dragon ball Z. fuck GT lol .. Old school Digimon! REBOOT (Best show in history) .. Oh how I seriously miss the 90's. If I seriously was a multi billionaire, I would buy all the rights of all the good old shows that either never properly finished or even did end without a cliff hanger.. I would revive them all, and host my OWN TV program so I can control my own censor crap! Companies have no idea all the goldmines sitting there and they just laying in waste right now ;_;

NoiseHERO
Nov 13, 2012, 05:29 PM
I needa watch more reboot.

superBlast
Nov 13, 2012, 05:42 PM
Back in the 90's was.. Sonic the hedgehog ORIGINAL! Dragon ball > Dragon ball Z. fuck GT lol .. Old school Digimon! REBOOT (Best show in history) .. Oh how I seriously miss the 90's. If I seriously was a multi billionaire, I would buy all the rights of all the good old shows that either never properly finished or even did end without a cliff hanger.. I would revive them all, and host my OWN TV program so I can control my own censor crap! Companies have no idea all the goldmines sitting there and they just laying in waste right now ;_;

My earliest memories of my life (which was 3) was watching Sonic on TV way back when they was calling the evil guy Robotnik (instead of eggman nowadays). Never stopped being a sonic fan lol. And man I loved all those shows you mentioned. If I could I'd help you be a billionaire so you could make your own station for those shows lol. Though I rather liked GT personally... never got to see all of it though.

WiZ1988
Nov 13, 2012, 05:47 PM
What time should the server be back up? Not sure when it even started but if anyone can tell me thanks.

schnee4
Nov 13, 2012, 05:58 PM
7PM in God's time zone (PST)

Time Zone Conversions (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PSO2+November+14th+Maintenance&iso=20121114T04&p1=248&ah=8)

Ace-zatzu
Nov 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
My earliest memories of my life (which was 3) was watching Sonic on TV way back when they was calling the evil guy Robotnik (instead of eggman nowadays). Never stopped being a sonic fan lol. And man I loved all those shows you mentioned. If I could I'd help you be a billionaire so you could make your own station for those shows lol. Though I rather liked GT personally... never got to see all of it though.

yh same GT had its moments some more bad than good tho lol

pikachief
Nov 13, 2012, 07:00 PM
7PM in God's time zone (PST)

Time Zone Conversions (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PSO2+November+14th+Maintenance&iso=20121114T04&p1=248&ah=8)

as far as I can tell, the servers come up the same time it originally would go down. Which for me, personally, is okay since that was usually the time I decided to try playing lol

DoubleCannon
Nov 13, 2012, 07:13 PM
Dragon Ball GT was alright, like I did enjoy it but it was also very different than Z.. Z was so much more intense and I dunno serious? GT was like it was made for a younger audience. Although the end made me sad in those days because it was like the end of my childhood when the show ended lol. Goddam they need to seriously bring in a new series!

And same as I also watched the original sonic show when I was like 3-5? I never knew how it ended so one day I got smart and went holy crap I bet youtube has all the episodes lol. sure enough I find them, watch half the show to the end and massive cliff hanger.. im like FFFFUUUU REBOOT IMPERSONATOR! NOW YOU AND REBOOT END IN CLIFF HANGERS. " Goes to room and shoves a wii Remote up my arse" lmfao! WHO HASNT SEEN THAT! just sayin lol

NoiseHERO
Nov 13, 2012, 07:20 PM
reboot ended on a cliff hanger?

That explains why I swear I sat through the whole thing like 4-5 times and I don't remember the ending...

Shirokami
Nov 13, 2012, 07:22 PM
Dragon Ball GT was alright, like I did enjoy it but it was also very different than Z.. Z was so much more intense and I dunno serious? GT was like it was made for a younger audience. Although the end made me sad in those days because it was like the end of my childhood when the show ended lol. Goddam they need to seriously bring in a new series!

That made me drop a huge tear of feels.

DoubleCannon
Nov 13, 2012, 07:38 PM
reboot ended on a cliff hanger?

That explains why I swear I sat through the whole thing like 4-5 times and I don't remember the ending...

lol yeah like the biggest cliff hanger a show could possibly do! friggin megabyte comes back from the web and is now a trojan horse virus.. kicks the shit out of everyone, takes over the main office and says prepare yourselves for the hunt! DING SHOW ENDS! ;_; brutal just brutal.

P.S. the one who had a tear of feels of dragon ball GT.. you could hear that music playing didn't you? that sad music as you watched goku walk off and fly into the clouds saying goodbye. tis the day it was like he said goodbye to my childhood and real life smacked me in the face and suddenly the markets crashing and all hell breaks loose lol

Shirokami
Nov 13, 2012, 07:41 PM
P.S. the one who had a tear of feels of dragon ball GT.. you could hear that music playing didn't you? that sad music as you watched goku walk off and fly into the clouds saying goodbye. tis the day it was like he said goodbye to my childhood and real life smacked me in the face and suddenly the markets crashing and all hell breaks loose lol

You're trying to make me cry, but I won't, I will no-
Damn.

Reiketsu
Nov 13, 2012, 08:12 PM
You're trying to make me cry, but I won't, I will no-
Damn.

*hands out a handkerchief*
lol, you guys... this is kinda getting depressing xD
And I've already been in quite a nostalgic mood over the past couple of days... you're making it worse, again!! lol

Ace-zatzu
Nov 13, 2012, 09:25 PM

That will be a sad memory that will stick with me always :(

MissMalice
Nov 13, 2012, 10:08 PM
SERVER'S UP.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/547/1248546877237.png

Enforcer MKV
Nov 13, 2012, 10:09 PM
SEVER'S UP.

What is this 'sever' you speak of and where can I find it?

DoubleCannon
Nov 13, 2012, 10:12 PM

Shits about to get real

MissMalice
Nov 13, 2012, 10:13 PM

Me severing your head from your neck and using your skull as my jello cup. c:

pikachief
Nov 13, 2012, 10:14 PM
Mmm, Jello.

Enforcer MKV
Nov 13, 2012, 10:23 PM
Me severing your head from your neck and using your skull as my jello cup. c:

Three things:

1st: [SPOILER-BOX]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/4/44953/2307890-anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly_super.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

2nd:
Considering I'm a cast, and have no skull, that won't work.

3rd: [SPOILER-BOX]http://fun256.com/photos/927.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

consume
Nov 13, 2012, 10:30 PM
So...when are people going to get their excubes? I should have like 6 right now..

GoldenFalcon
Nov 13, 2012, 10:38 PM
So...when are people going to get their excubes? I should have like 6 right now..

They are probably in the wierd part of storage where item passcode rewards go

consume
Nov 13, 2012, 10:40 PM
They are probably in the wierd part of storage where item passcode rewards go

I don't have anything in my storage....:[ And I meant that I had like 25 mil exp before the patch...so I should be getting excubes right?

Ezodagrom
Nov 13, 2012, 10:41 PM
I don't have anything in my storage....:[ And I meant that I had like 25 mil exp before the patch...so I should be getting excubes right?
It's not in the normal storage, it should be in the system storage.

consume
Nov 13, 2012, 10:42 PM
It's not in the normal storage, it should be in the system storage.

Oh god i see them..i have 22 of them LOL

Link1275
Nov 13, 2012, 10:54 PM
Oh god i see them..i have 22 of them LOL
Happy Shopping! :D