PDA

View Full Version : My first 30 minutes of playing PSO2.

superBlast
Nov 13, 2012, 04:15 PM
8 hours waiting to download the game, went to sleep, woke up and had to install the game which didn't take long, got excited, turns out I had to update for 2 hours more, lost excitement, update completed, got excited again, had a login error, reset password with the help of google translate, didn't work, 10 minutes later I find out that one letter in my username is capitalized and was causing it, got in, made my first character on ship 2, completed the tutorial, pretended the red headed guy was a mean as hell jerk (I barely had any idea what was happening so I was making stuff up), explored the lobby, amazed by the lobby, found a bunch of english players dancing and using pictures in the chat (which is pretty cool, I wanna know how to do that lol), one picture was a Miku panty shot that was freakin' hilarious, decided to start my first quest, maintenance kicked on the loading screen and I had no idea what was going on, wasted time, found a thread about today's maintenance, found out I'm gonna have to wait another 8 hours or so, and now I'm writing about how much i had to wait just to play 30 minutes and then have to wait again.

tl;dr I picked the perfect time to decide to play PSO2. I only got to play about 30 minutes of the game but those thirty minutes was quite fun.

Oh I'm new btw, hello everyone! :-D

Ezodagrom
Nov 13, 2012, 04:20 PM
tl;dr I picked the perfect time to decide to play PSO2. I only got to play about 30 minutes of the game but those thirty minutes was quite fun.

Perfect time indeed, the weekly maintenance is being done 7 hours earlier today. ^^;

Anyway, welcome. ^^

superBlast
Nov 13, 2012, 04:25 PM
lol Yeah. Be nice if I just found out about the game a day later.

And thanks for the welcome.

Fox2Tails
Nov 13, 2012, 04:36 PM
Just think, when it's done you'll get to spend more time on it

Heat Haze
Nov 13, 2012, 04:39 PM

Yup, maintenance a lot earlier than usual today.

Also if you're just starting out, be sure to research thoroughly on how you want your Mag and Skill Trees to be. You don't want to mess those up if possible.

Oh, and welcome!

ReaperTheAbsol
Nov 13, 2012, 04:39 PM
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed those 30 minutes of gameplay. The game is well worth the wait.

I was there dancing as well, so it's quite possible that you saw me. I spent the last ten minutes before maintenance dancing, and I too saw that infamous Miku symbol art.

Welcome!

superBlast
Nov 13, 2012, 04:51 PM
Just think, when it's done you'll get to spend more time on it

Man I hate being an inpatient person. I'll just grin and bear the wait some more.

Yup, maintenance a lot earlier than usual today.

Also if you're just starting out, be sure to research thoroughly on how you want your Mag and Skill Trees to be. You don't want to mess those up if possible.

Oh, and welcome!

Yeah I looked up a little about mags. I was thinking of going for the long range mag on the strike branch thingy since I'm gonna be a close range guy most of the time.

Wasn't as intersted in skills so haven't looked at them yet.

Thanks for the advice and welcome!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed those 30 minutes of gameplay. The game is well worth the wait.

I was there dancing as well, so it's quite possible that you saw me. I spent the last ten minutes before maintenance dancing, and I too saw that infamous Miku symbol art.

Welcome!

lol I the only one that stood out from the dancers was someone named pasta... seriously really weird name to go by lol. And that was quite a funny picture wasn't it?

And thanks for the welcome as well!

pikachief
Nov 13, 2012, 05:03 PM
if you haven't already, bookmark Bumped.org. It's very helpful. :) Have fun and I hope you don't have much trouble finding some low levels to run with! I'm struggling a bit in searching for players within my level range, but I think I'll just have to play more during JP prime-times.

superBlast
Nov 13, 2012, 05:21 PM
Yeah bumped.org has helped me out a lot so far. I'm actually a bit too much of a shy person actually in these kind of games so I'm planning to go solo a lot of the time. Plus I'm kinda nervous playing with some of the JP players since this on my first time trying to play a online game thats in japanese lol. So if I do go play with someone I'm gonna want atleast one person who can understand me lol.

Hopefully I'll get over all that soon enough.

pikachief
Nov 13, 2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah bumped.org has helped me out a lot so far. I'm actually a bit too much of a shy person actually in these kind of games so I'm planning to go solo a lot of the time. Plus I'm kinda nervous playing with some of the JP players since this on my first time trying to play a online game thats in japanese lol. So if I do go play with someone I'm gonna want atleast one person who can understand me lol.

Hopefully I'll get over all that soon enough.

My shyness helps me in that I don't talk to people much to begin with, so I just join JP parties and don't say anything other than the few english terms I've discovered they use a lot. They understand basic english for the most part, so if I say anything at all it's usually just "ty", "Thanks for the PT", and "Hello". lol

but yea welcome to PSO2 :D

RagolianHunter
Nov 13, 2012, 05:54 PM
@pikachief look me up man helping an old friend with his leveling you are more than welcome to join us.

gigawuts
Nov 13, 2012, 06:03 PM
My shyness helps me in that I don't talk to people much to begin with, so I just join JP parties and don't say anything other than the few english terms I've discovered they use a lot. They understand basic english for the most part, so if I say anything at all it's usually just "ty", "Thanks for the PT", and "Hello". lol

I'm pretty much the same, except I learned the terms they use most often in japanese and say those instead.

Pretty easy when you get the hang of it.

I'm as lost as can be if they start using full sentences though, unless I feel like copypasting into google translate (which I usually don't).

TERAGON1996
Nov 13, 2012, 06:09 PM
Yeah I looked up a little about mags. I was thinking of going for the long range mag on the strike branch thingy since I'm gonna be a close range guy most of the time.

I presume the fact that you are going to boost your strike defence and range attack, with some skill. You can actually get 4 kinds of mag if you want strike defence, range attack and skill to be 50/50/50.
1st scenario: boost strike defence and get Lyra, then boost range attack and get Cygnus, followed by skill
2nd scenario: boost range attack and get Fornax, then boost strike defence and get Tucana, followed by skill
3rd scenario: boost skill and get Antlia, then boost strike defence and get Leo, followed by range attack
4th scenario: boost skill and get Antlia, then boost range attack and get Corvus, followed by stike defence.
I know you don't care about their skills but you better watch out for Photon Blast. All 4 scenario are best when mpa. But boss kill, best one for is Leo if you don't want to waste the PB. Enemies move in a short radius, while sometimes boss will move in a longer radius and when you activate PB, you might go for a wrong timing, Ex: You activate PB and Vol Dragon dives into ground and go to your direction while your PB go to the last known location of Vol Dragon and wasted the attack at there because they just attack at that spot only. So I am suggesting you to get a mag that moves a lot in PB when boss fight

superBlast
Nov 13, 2012, 06:17 PM

Alright then. Guess I'll find out for my self when maintenance is over lol. And thanks for the welcome!

I'm pretty much the same, except I learned the terms they use most often in japanese and say those instead.

Pretty easy when you get the hang of it.

I'm as lost as can be if they start using full sentences though, unless I feel like copypasting into google translate (which I usually don't).

I wonder how much watching subbed anime would help me... probably not much... unless I wanted call someone cute or an idiot or if i wanted to say sorry lol. I got those words burned into my brain by now lol.

I presume the fact that you are going to boost your strike defence and range attack, with some skill. You can actually get 4 kinds of mag if you want strike defence, range attack and skill to be 50/50/50.
1st scenario: boost strike defence and get Lyra, then boost range attack and get Cygnus, followed by skill
2nd scenario: boost range attack and get Fornax, then boost strike defence and get Tucana, followed by skill
3rd scenario: boost skill and get Antlia, then boost strike defence and get Leo, followed by range attack
4th scenario: boost skill and get Antlia, then boost range attack and get Corvus, followed by stike defence.
I know you don't care about their skills but you better watch out for Photon Blast. All 4 scenario are best when mpa. But boss kill, best one for is Leo if you don't want to waste the PB. Enemies move in a short radius, while sometimes boss will move in a longer radius and when you activate PB, you might go for a wrong timing, Ex: You activate PB and Vol Dragon dives into ground and go to your direction while your PB go to the last known location of Vol Dragon and wasted the attack at there because they just attack at that spot only. So I am suggesting you to get a mag that moves a lot in PB when boss fight

Well I was think of boosting strike attack instead of defense... or both... not sure. Unless strike attack doesn't affect my attack like I'm thinking.

Well either way, thanks alot for the advice.

TERAGON1996
Nov 13, 2012, 07:55 PM
Well I was think of boosting strike attack instead of defense... or both... not sure. Unless strike attack doesn't affect my attack like I'm thinking.
It's your call, unless of course if you plan to use Hunter then split the stike attack and defence 'cause strike attack isn't going to do much for you, the system recognize the attacks for each class, they don't add or minus your range attack even though you max out your strike attack. This whole mag helps you to able to equip higher requirements weapons

superBlast
Nov 13, 2012, 08:13 PM
Ah I see... I think. But yeah I'm planning to be a hunter most of the time.

TERAGON1996
Nov 13, 2012, 08:23 PM
Ah I see... I think. But yeah I'm planning to be a hunter most of the time.

Let me share my mag info with you 'cause I am Hunter most of the time as well
Strike attack:25
Range attack:25
Skill:50
Strike defence:25
Range defence:25
btw, add me as friend, char:TERAGON
If you need any help, mail me

superBlast
Nov 13, 2012, 08:26 PM
Awesome! I'll add you as soon as I can.

And thanks for the info.

Shirokami
Nov 13, 2012, 08:44 PM
IGN: Satori Komeji, if you need help with anything I'll do what I can.

superBlast
Nov 13, 2012, 08:47 PM
Great! I'll be sure to add you too. Thanks for the future help lol.

Agitated_AT
Nov 13, 2012, 09:51 PM
I'll be following this thread. I'm looking forward to read your thoughts after playing it a little bit longer.

superBlast
Nov 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
Haha maybe I'll start up a "superBlast's Grand Adventures" thread or something. If not then I'll post my thoughts of the game here I guess. Though that does sound kinda fun to do.

Amaranthus
Nov 13, 2012, 10:13 PM
@firstpost: That was funny.... XDD (sry, but srsly. :,D )

Late welcome to PSO2, and to PSOw as well !! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

:bunny:

superBlast
Nov 13, 2012, 10:42 PM
Glad it was funny. Thats exactly what I was trying to do lol.

And thanks for the double welcome!

Voxxvi
Nov 13, 2012, 10:50 PM
I started playing about a month ago and there's been tons of updates and maintenance issues. Bleh so I feel your pain!

supersonix9
Nov 13, 2012, 10:56 PM
Wait 'til you hit 33. Then the real fun starts.

superBlast
Nov 14, 2012, 10:37 AM
I started playing about a month ago and there's been tons of updates and maintenance issues. Bleh so I feel your pain!

lol. So there's probably gonna be a ton more waiting I'll have to end up doing?

I'll remember that so when I do I'll know if your lying or not lol.

@Uh.... @The whole thread, I really am gonna do make a thread about my adventures. Mainly since i wanna try to and a bit out of boredom lol. And I greatly enjoyed my first day. I think everyone is is probably the nicest bunch of I seen. Usually bunches of people aren't so friendly... or atleast no where you guys on PSO2. Atleast in my experience. Though there always a few nice people.

Anyways just consider this thread my intro thread for PSO2 (since my real one didn't have any replies except one guy that's probably part of the "welcome the newbies" committee every forum has lol).

Agitated_AT
Nov 14, 2012, 10:44 AM

May I ask why you think that's the case?

Also good luck with that superblast. Allthough unintentional, glad I triggered the idea

superBlast
Nov 14, 2012, 10:56 AM
lol Thanks. I hope everyone finds it funny.

Link1275
Nov 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
lol. So there's probably gonna be a ton more waiting I'll have to end up doing?

I'll remember that so when I do I'll know if your lying or not lol.

@Uh.... @The whole thread, I really am gonna do make a thread about my adventures. Mainly since i wanna try to and a bit out of boredom lol. And I greatly enjoyed my first day. I think everyone is is probably the nicest bunch of I seen. Usually bunches of people aren't so friendly... or atleast no where you guys on PSO2. Atleast in my experience. Though there always a few nice people.

Anyways just consider this thread my intro thread for PSO2 (since my real one didn't have any replies except one guy that's probably part of the "welcome the newbies" committee every forum has lol).
He's not lying, you can't do hard until about 30. And they used to not have normal for the newer areas(EVERYTHING before Ruins, and starting at Tundra).

Ezodagrom
Nov 14, 2012, 12:26 PM
He's not lying, you can't do hard until about 30. And they used to not have normal for the newer areas(EVERYTHING before Ruins, and starting at Tundra).
Hard mode starts at 20 actually, but only 4 forest quests and the 1st caves quest are available.
At 25, more caves quests, the desert quests, and the free fields for forest, caves and desert become available.
At 30 there's the tundra quests, 33 there's the tundra free field and the first 2 mines quests, and at 35, everything else from hard mode is available.

About normal mode, now there's tundra and mines starting at lvl 20, and there's skyland and ruins starting at lvl 25.

superBlast
Nov 14, 2012, 12:35 PM
Oh.... now I see. Guess I'll be looking forward to that.