PDA

View Full Version : 12x +50% rare items = +600% Rare items buff

suzaku0zero0
Nov 14, 2012, 06:55 AM
If everyone in mpa uses the +% rare items, will it stack? E.g. Each of the 12 players use +50% rare items = everyone get +600% Rare items buff per person

jooozek
Nov 14, 2012, 07:00 AM
Seeing how Meseta and EXP boosts affect only the person using them it's only safe to assume that rare drop rate up works for the person using the boost. So no, 99.999999999% chance that only you get the effects of it.

suzaku0zero0
Nov 14, 2012, 07:18 AM
So no 12x 250% rare item buff per person?

Since so many of you want the demo comet ds, why not test this out?

Galax
Nov 14, 2012, 08:08 AM
Because logic says SEGA wouldn't make it that easy on us and since the other booster items are on a per-player basis, not a per-party or anything else basis, common sense comes in and joins with logic to say no, they won't affect the party. I don't recall my friends in the party getting more rares when I used a 50% booster.

suzaku0zero0
Nov 14, 2012, 08:13 AM
I do, I ask cuz I had +65% (+50%, medicine drink and luck rise affix), I got nothing and my friend in same party (with no rare item increase) got ruin charm and 10 star assult

Galax
Nov 14, 2012, 08:24 AM
And that kind of thing happens. That's just the RNGod laughing at you - a friend of mine on PSOBB killed over 3,000 Mil Lilies on his purplenum FOmar, and never found a psycho wand. He recorded every lily and each one's position on the map and what run it was and what NUMBER run it was. This kind of shit happens...It does not mean your rare booster was affecting him. That's how rumors got started on PSU, too. "Well I played this mission hundreds of times and every time I got (Certain map number) and went left first, rare enemies spawned. But if I ever go right they don't show up. That must mean going left on this map is a promise of rare enemies, I better go tell everyone." <--- That. I can only guess they assumed it had to be true for everyone...But your report on that is the first I've heard of that kind of thing. If you can provide me a way to believe that this is NOT the RNGod laughing at you - and several hundred others who play the game, no doubt - I'll be happy to test it as soon as I possibly can. However, logic and common sense and past proof of how hunting seems to work in PS say that this is NOT the case.

Shirokami
Nov 14, 2012, 10:35 AM
Anyways... 600% drop rate is 6 times more.
6x 0.0001 = 0.0006 -> Still not a lot.

Link1275
Nov 14, 2012, 11:16 AM
Unless the item's drop rate is higher than that....

Skye-Fox713
Nov 14, 2012, 11:22 AM
I don't think they stack.

BIG OLAF
Nov 14, 2012, 11:30 AM
They don't stack. Any ticket you use benefits you, and only you.

Crysteon
Nov 14, 2012, 11:35 AM
If tickets would be stackable among present players in MPA, dont you think drop rates might a much worse to begin with? Sega pulled out some dick move back in PSU with those drop tickets...where a party of 4 people using 150% boosters might barely see stuff dropping, while a party without boosters pretty much didnt see anything at all, thus you were sorta obliged to buy those tickets to see anything worth selling drop.

Shirokami
Nov 14, 2012, 11:35 AM
Unless the item's drop rate is higher than that....

Some items here are as rare as a non corrupt president.

GreenArcher
Nov 14, 2012, 12:54 PM

I'm so sick of hearing people say this. Six times as more likely to find something is still six times as more likely to find something.

Seraphus
Nov 14, 2012, 01:08 PM
I'm so sick of hearing people say this. Six times as more likely to find something is still six times as more likely to find something.
This.

However, we don't get 600% boosts. And 5% isn't a lot, but it is something (but not close to 100%, 250%, or 600%)

supersonix9
Nov 14, 2012, 01:45 PM
One could only wish.

GCoffee
Nov 14, 2012, 05:02 PM

Amen, took the words out of my mouth.

Yden
Nov 14, 2012, 08:55 PM

True, but just because a person has a 6x bonus chance to get something doesn't mean they'll get it. Bonus chance is good and all, but you also have to stay grounded realizing that the chance of you actually getting the item is still low, just not as low as before.

Resanoca
Nov 14, 2012, 09:25 PM
Sega pulled out some dick move back in PSU with those drop tickets...where a party of 4 people using 150% boosters might barely see stuff dropping, while a party without boosters pretty much didnt see anything at all, thus you were sorta obliged to buy those tickets to see anything worth selling drop.That rule did not apply to me and my noob luck. :| Yes, a badass. Watch out.

Macman
Nov 15, 2012, 12:15 PM

Go buy 6 lotto tickets everyday, then.

Sure it's six times the odds, but it's not worth obsessing over for something with such an infinitely small chance of happening anyway.

Eternal255
Nov 15, 2012, 12:27 PM

Sure it's six times the odds, but it's not worth obsessing over for something with such an infinitely small chance of happening anyway.

quit playing the game.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 15, 2012, 02:05 PM

The difference in PSO2 is that you impact your own success through effort, and don't pay anything other than time. And can "buy" hundreds of "tickets" without worry, you just get free tickets, which always helps

Miraclearrow
Nov 15, 2012, 02:19 PM
The difference is, so many people need to learn the math behind odds and statistics!

GreenArcher
Nov 15, 2012, 02:54 PM

>Chance of getting your desired rare is no where near the chance of winning the lottery
>Number of chances at getting your rare is much greater than a number of lottery tickets any normal person will buy
>The "cost of a chance" of getting your desired rare drop (killing a mob) is no where near the cost of a lottery ticket

If someone gave me some magical lotto ticket booster, I'd be happy to get 6 lotto tickets for the price of 1.
Our drop boosts are only +50%, stacking boosts can get you in the 70%-80% range I believe (drop boost ticket, medical drink, lucky rise gear, team buff). I'd be happy to have that too.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 15, 2012, 03:21 PM
The difference is, so many people need to learn the math behind odds and statistics!

I do. What is your point?

Unless this wasn't directed at me