PDA

View Full Version : Party Size and EXP

Heat Haze
Nov 14, 2012, 08:54 AM
Never really noticed, but it seems whenever I'm in a full party I get more EXP than I normally would when I'm running solo. Around 10% to 20% more.

Was it always like this, or just recently added?

Either way, I just think it's a clumsy mechanic that just punishes people who solo rather than awarding people who party up.

Vashyron
Nov 14, 2012, 09:02 AM
Yeah, 20% in a party of 4 apparently.

Though actually I think NPCs fill up this quota too.

Coatl
Nov 14, 2012, 10:28 AM
Uhm...I havent noticed it, no. I know the EXP you gain is dependant on your level though. Like, I was getting 127 EXP per Gilnach kill at lv48 and my friend at lv41 was getting like 89 EXP.

Vashyron
Nov 14, 2012, 10:45 AM
Uhm...I havent noticed it, no. I know the EXP you gain is dependant on your level though. Like, I was getting 127 EXP per Gilnach kill at lv48 and my friend at lv41 was getting like 89 EXP.

That's the EXP penalty coming into play when your level is 5 times lower than the enemy, gets worse the lower you are.

Keii
Nov 14, 2012, 11:47 AM
About parties from one of the Japanese blogs:
Bonuses - 10% with 2 people, 15% with 3 people, 20% with 4 people. You can add NPCs for the same bonuses.
Having 3 NPCs in the party will rise the enemy/emergency code spawn rate by 70% of the amount that a full human party would have (3 NPCs = 2 players in terms of affecting the pop rate).

Macman
Nov 14, 2012, 11:53 AM
That's the EXP penalty coming into play when your level is 5 times lower than the enemy, gets worse the lower you are.

That seems kind of backwards. Shouldn't your EXP scale UP because you are fighting more dangerous enemies?

Shirokami
Nov 14, 2012, 11:57 AM
That seems kind of backwards. Shouldn't your EXP scale UP because you are fighting more dangerous enemies?

Actually it scales with your level, the nearer your level to the enemy is, the more exp you get.
I think it stops giving more exp when you're 2 or 1 levels lower than the enemy.

Link1275
Nov 14, 2012, 12:01 PM
It's there to prevent easy leveling and using hacks to get a level 1 into a high exp area and have them level to the cap in a day.

May0
Nov 14, 2012, 12:56 PM
Any game that offers bonuses to those who chose to play with others in an online environment has the right idea. It'd probably be better if there were less a bonus for using bots in a team to encourage people to play with actual people.