PDA

View Full Version : Dissapearing items

RadGalaxy
Nov 15, 2012, 06:01 AM
I ran into an odd issue today, and I'm wondering if anyone else has come across it. I was in a cross burst, and a couple rare items dropped. I heard the ding, saw them, but I was full on items and couldn't pick them up. When the chaos was over, I went to go look and they were gone. I kind of wrote it off as I must have been too tired, or must have grabbed them, but I couldn't find them.

A little later, someone in my group mentioned the same thing. They waited until the burst was over to grab their stuff. They saw the red box, but then it was gone. I find it unlikely that we'd both make the same mistake.

The other odd thing was that we had been in the map for a while. After the burst, all the items left all over the area were gone, too. All the stupid little monomates I can't pick up, and meseta or tech discs I didn't grab.

Has anyone else seen this happen? Am I nuts? I think Sega may have put in a cap on the amount of items that can be on the ground at once. Which...is a problem if that cap is hit during a crossburst and stuff disapears before it's over. I'd like to report it as a bug, but I don't know how. Too bad there's not a way to know what it is we lost....if we really did lose stuff.

Shirokami
Nov 15, 2012, 06:11 AM
I ran into an odd issue today, and I'm wondering if anyone else has come across it. I was in a cross burst, and a couple rare items dropped. I heard the ding, saw them, but I was full on items and couldn't pick them up. When the chaos was over, I went to go look and they were gone. I kind of wrote it off as I must have been too tired, or must have grabbed them, but I couldn't find them.

A little later, someone in my group mentioned the same thing. They waited until the burst was over to grab their stuff. They saw the red box, but then it was gone. I find it unlikely that we'd both make the same mistake.

The other odd thing was that we had been in the map for a while. After the burst, all the items left all over the area were gone, too. All the stupid little monomates I can't pick up, and meseta or tech discs I didn't grab.

Has anyone else seen this happen? Am I nuts? I think Sega may have put in a cap on the amount of items that can be on the ground at once. Which...is a problem if that cap is hit during a crossburst and stuff disapears before it's over. I'd like to report it as a bug, but I don't know how. Too bad there's not a way to know what it is we lost....if we really did lose stuff.

Mhhh, maybe it's a way to avoid lag due to a huge ammount of items?

Husq
Nov 15, 2012, 07:31 AM
Happened to me a couple of times. However items which were lying on the ground for a longer time, but on the other end of the map, were still there. I suspect that there is a item limitation on each tile, or it is just a bug. You would think that 7*+ items have a lower disappearance priority than normal items, but i think at the moment it is the other way around or set equally.
Items on the map however do disappear after some time, replaced by new drops.

Aeris
Nov 15, 2012, 07:55 AM
There is a limit number of items the map area can hold, once it hits the limit, it will start taking out items and such and replace it with newer dropped items in a PSE burst if crystals came around, best you grab any red boxes you see while the other people will keep on the killing of mobs around.

darkante
Nov 15, 2012, 08:24 AM
Really, everytime i see something red. I make sure to pick it up just in case.
Done that since start so i haven't really noticed items vanishing.

DoubleCannon
Nov 15, 2012, 10:02 AM
Good to know.. but same, always pick up red items as soon as you see them.. How did you even resist picking it up? lol

Ace-zatzu
Nov 15, 2012, 10:20 AM
yh it happened to me once but never took notice to it until now. thanks for post least i know to pick up while fighting

ReaperTheAbsol
Nov 15, 2012, 10:33 AM
You didn't happen to finish the quest and return to a different instance by any chance, did you? I was once lagging really badly because of a really long PSE Burst and ended up disconnecting. I tried reentering the same area and couldn't do so. I missed out on a lot of drops, but I gained a level and a half.

This is probably unrelated, but some of the drops I had in one cave exploration carried on into the next. I did rejoin the same exploration group, but that was about 10 minutes afterwards. Can anyone confirm that happening to them as well? Maybe my story is a little unclear since it happened a while back...

Kanade
Nov 15, 2012, 10:53 AM
This is probably unrelated, but some of the drops I had in one cave exploration carried on into the next. I did rejoin the same exploration group, but that was about 10 minutes afterwards. Can anyone confirm that happening to them as well? Maybe my story is a little unclear since it happened a while back...

Same happened to me in the caves as well... I was going to stop for the night but a PSE Burst happened so I stayed for that... I was really tired that when I went to sell items I left the campship and "lost" my loot so I decided I'd farm a bit extra and ende d up in the same MPA by luck and found my Burst loot xD

Golto
Nov 15, 2012, 10:56 AM
I think it is caused by server lag and you seeing other character's drops. Just like how you can sometimes see other's telepipes. I've seen rares appear then disappear rather quickly w/o a lot of items on the ground before.

Alenoir
Nov 15, 2012, 11:55 AM

Happens to my group once in a while when we're running for say, S rank boss room or something. We would sometimes end up in a room where it gives the deja vu feeling and turns out to be an old map we ran earlier.

RadGalaxy
Nov 15, 2012, 12:29 PM
It's good to know I'm not crazy. I guess it's possible lag caused other players drops to show up temporarily, but I've never seen that happen before so I'm disinclined to think that happens. The items was there for a while, and it was one of the first to drop during the burst. It was certainly the same map and quest, too. We were on the verge of leaving a couple times, then bursts happened and we stayed. I'm pretty sure all I lost was a daylight scar, which I'm not concerned about.

I hadn't seen the lag get all that bad recently, which makes me wonder if they lowered the amount of items allowed since the last update. If a new item eventually replaces the oldest item, then the number of items that drop during a 4 minute crossburst is higher than the limit, which is a problem and should be reported. The problem is, I don't know Japanese well enough to make a coherent bug report, nor do I know where to go to do that in the first place, or how I'd go about documenting the absence of something after the fact.

As far as why I didn't grab the items right away? I guess I never saw them disappear before, so I didn't think it would happen. If it seems like it could be something I'm specifically looking for, I might grab it sooner.

Macman
Nov 15, 2012, 12:32 PM
PSO1 had a 50 item-per-area limit. Once you passed that, it started removing the oldest dropped item to make room for new drops.

Doesn't really surprise me if PSO2 has a similar system to alleviate server load.

GoldenFalcon
Nov 15, 2012, 02:02 PM
I noticed this in full force when I had client orders which made Darkers drop shells and stuff during my Cross Burst.

Because of that, I specifically run around and try to pick up all of the meseta whenever possible, so that it isn't taking up the space of real items on the floor

Stormwalker
Nov 15, 2012, 02:58 PM
I've grabbed stuff ASAP during cross bursts ever since the time I disconnected during an EQ crossburst and couldn't get back into the quest because the EQ window had ended.

CJ Johnny
Nov 15, 2012, 07:16 PM
SEGA had 'Reduced' item cap from 200 to 160 during "PSE".

This is almost 2 months ago.

Old News, may be.

Acel
Nov 15, 2012, 07:57 PM
SEGA had 'Reduced' item cap from 200 to 160 during "PSE".

This is almost 2 months ago.

Old News, may be.

Exactly. 200 items limit.

The question is "DOES MESETA crystals COUNT?"

TheszNuts
Nov 16, 2012, 01:35 AM
I would assume meseta counts as it did in PSO1, in terms of meseta though just hold the pick up button during the burst. It's what I do to keep the field clean.

Miwako
Nov 16, 2012, 02:19 AM
I have noticed it too but then I also noticed that it will make the sound if you picked up the item and its still lagged on the ground it makes the same sound as if your full but it was already picked up... I've checked a few times to make sure and I wasn't full and I was getting the "your inventory is full" sound anyway but then the item will disappear and it will be in my inventory. So I think its a mix between the two, the lag while picking up and also the limit amount on the ground.