PDA

View Full Version : Leveling

Smithee
Nov 15, 2012, 03:26 PM
So I wondering I'm level 19 now do you think i could hit 25 within 16 hours?

Coatl
Nov 15, 2012, 03:27 PM
If you happen to find 4 really good Multiparties within that time frame, sure.
Otherwise, no.

gigawuts
Nov 15, 2012, 03:29 PM
The 20-30 gap used to be the worst grind in the game. It would take ordinary players a week to get to 30, then 2 days to get to 40. This was because of a few factors, mainly no maps made for that level range, very few MPA's being around in that level range, and very few CO's existing that gave good exp for being in the level 20-30 range.

Now with more frequent emergency missions, more levels made for normal (at first only forest->desert had normal options, tundra->FC was hard only), and more players being around it's MUCH better.

Smithee
Nov 15, 2012, 03:30 PM
If you happen to find 4 really good Multiparties within that time frame, sure.
Otherwise, no.

The Multiplayerparty is easy thats all I'll need ?

blace
Nov 15, 2012, 03:36 PM
You'll also want to take on a few client orders for the area you're going to.

Shirokami
Nov 15, 2012, 03:37 PM
So I wondering I'm level 19 now do you think i could hit 25 within 16 hours?

Chill, don't push yourself that much, 20-25 is hell.
They should do something with the exp requirement between those levels.
I went 25-34 faster than what it took me to get from 20 to 25 >_>

Smithee
Nov 15, 2012, 03:37 PM
You'll also want to take on a few client orders for the area you're going to.

Well i havent done xies yet my friend recomended just buying her quest items to boost me up

blace
Nov 15, 2012, 04:00 PM
Well i havent done xies yet my friend recomended just buying her quest items to boost me up

I was talking about client orders for something like Desert Exploration. Before the Halloween update I would grind in the desert MPA with orders from Hans and Revelle as hunting down certain enemies was already a task on its own.

I have three characters two of which advanced to Fighter and Gunner, just some advice for the grind from 19-25. 25+ is easy enough as the emergencies that happen in hard give up to 1,500 EXP from Code: Avoid.

Smithee
Nov 15, 2012, 04:05 PM
I was talking about client orders for something like Desert Exploration. Before the Halloween update I would grind in the desert MPA with orders from Hans and Revelle as hunting down certain enemies was already a task on its own.

I have three characters two of which advanced to Fighter and Gunner, just some advice for the grind from 19-25. 25+ is easy enough as the emergencies that happen in hard give up to 1,500 EXP from Code: Avoid.

Should I run desert or tundra?

blace
Nov 15, 2012, 04:23 PM
Tundra has very little people doing them and there seems to be more mobs in desert even when you play alone.

Smithee
Nov 15, 2012, 04:28 PM
Tundra has very little people doing them and there seems to be more mobs in desert even when you play alone.

ANd what if i run on the japanese blocks ?

blace
Nov 15, 2012, 04:30 PM
I've tried Tundra Exploration on every block and it's pretty dead in general. Even the Japanese rush through it to get to Mines.

Smithee
Nov 15, 2012, 04:37 PM
no mean like doing mpas on their blocks

Z-0
Nov 15, 2012, 04:38 PM
That's exactly what he means though. Nobody is playing Tundra because they'd rather play Mines (higher level enemies must mean more EXP right... ? Well, not until 23 but people don't care, lol).

Smithee
Nov 15, 2012, 04:41 PM
That's exactly what he means though. Nobody is playing Tundra because they'd rather play Mines (higher level enemies must mean more EXP right... ? Well, not until 23 but people don't care, lol).

im talkking about mpas in general

blace
Nov 15, 2012, 04:44 PM
MPA's on those blocks are mostly about efficiency, even the random matchups with random parties. They clear out everything in a section and continue until they run into another code.

Just the other day, I was doing hard caves on my own. Ran into a group of Japanese players that were actively fighting 3 Caterdrans and 2 Dark Ragnes. Throughout the whole hour I was there, everything would die in seconds to minutes. Just look for almost full MPA's with very few bots in the parties.

Even having spent a portion of my time playing with english speaking players, they were nowhere as efficient as the Japanese when it comes to mass murdering everything and gaining you a level or two just by following them.

Punisher106
Nov 15, 2012, 04:45 PM
Should I run desert or tundra?

Actually, at 20, you also unlock the mines. I'd recommend that.

Smithee
Nov 15, 2012, 04:47 PM
MPA's on those blocks are mostly about efficiency, even the random matchups with random parties. They clear out everything in a section and continue until they run into another code.

Just the other day, I was doing hard caves on my own. Ran into a group of Japanese players that were actively fighting 3 Caterdrans and 2 Dark Ragnes. Throughout the whole hour I was there, everything would die in seconds to minutes. Just look for almost full MPA's with very few bots in the parties.

Even having spent a portion of my time playing with english speaking players, they were nowhere as efficient as the Japanese when it comes to mass murdering everything and gaining you a level or two just by following them.

Thats what I wanted to hear

Smithee
Nov 15, 2012, 04:49 PM
Actually, at 20, you also unlock the mines. I'd recommend that.

I didn't know that no one ever said anything

Macman
Nov 16, 2012, 04:59 AM
He still has to play through Tundra's quests and Koffie's orders (and face it, soloing the Snow twins is no easy feat without some serious preparations) to get to tunnels.

Shirokami
Nov 16, 2012, 06:01 AM
He still has to play through Tundra's quests and Koffie's orders (and face it, soloing the Snow twins is no easy feat without some serious preparations) to get to tunnels.

Pffft haha, they are just some rough kitties :P

Saffran
Nov 16, 2012, 06:35 AM
to be honest, the first time I had to level up this range, I didn't even notice it. I was busy trying to do the different client orders and somehow got level after level. I don't remember being stuck anywhere just "trying to grind". Back then at least.

Nowadays I'd just run whatever lv range is appropriate. At 19, you only have desert. At 20, you open up Thundra and you will get a level by the time you've done all the quests to unlock mines anyway. For 21-22 in theory Thundra is best, either find a multiparty or bring 3 NPCs and an Axion gunslash with you. It will still take quite some time though.

Shirokami
Nov 16, 2012, 06:38 AM
to be honest, the first time I had to level up this range, I didn't even notice it. I was busy trying to do the different client orders and somehow got level after level. I don't remember being stuck anywhere just "trying to grind". Back then at least.

Nowadays I'd just run whatever lv range is appropriate. At 19, you only have desert. At 20, you open up Thundra and you will get a level by the time you've done all the quests to unlock mines anyway. For 21-22 in theory Thundra is best, either find a multiparty or bring 3 NPCs and an Axion gunslash with you. It will still take quite some time though.

The problem comes when you're leveling your subclass :P Some one time only good exp giving COs will be missing and that really hurts your leveling speed.
So, fuck everything, I'll level my force to max :D

Saffran
Nov 16, 2012, 06:59 AM
You can try doing the high exp CO from... what's her name? Purple hair punk girl near the transporter, behind Xeno. Cla... Clessida?
What I mean by that is, to those CO with your main, change class, get the reward as your sub, of course.

Miraclearrow
Nov 16, 2012, 09:54 AM
Go to block 5 for the hard quests. Thats where people usually are doing anything on hard. Then block 9 is Very Hard. At least thats the way the ships are designated. And people seem to follow that :D

Smithee
Nov 16, 2012, 10:27 AM
Go to block 5 for the hard quests. Thats where people usually are doing anything on hard. Then block 9 is Very Hard. At least thats the way the ships are designated. And people seem to follow that :D

Well i hit twenty two and also slept for 6 hours and I also dont have to earn caves beaccause ill just play with others

Link1275
Nov 16, 2012, 11:36 AM

I have to second this. I was in one of those MPAs in Desert last night, and they would kill everything before I could even see it(leveling ranger, and this was probably my first time in one of their MPAs). I got to level 19, and got enough cash to clear out a huge exp reward CO from Afin(and cleared almost all of Hans' Desert related COs). Bottom line is, if you play in the JP MPAs you'll level faster.

Miraclearrow
Nov 16, 2012, 11:58 AM
My point is, regardless, even if you're playing with others, go onto block 5 where you will get into multi party areas to maximize mst/exp etc.