PDA

View Full Version : Vita i cant be the only that thinks this

adonis565
Nov 16, 2012, 08:16 PM
that its a really bad idea for the ios@android/vita version to be online only. online only games and handheld consoles dont do well together

Smithee
Nov 16, 2012, 08:18 PM
I honestly don't agree

RedRaz0r
Nov 16, 2012, 08:41 PM
That makes no sense. If it's on a smart phone, you most likely have a data package. If not, you shouldn't have a smart phone. So you're good to go.

For vita, you need internet to download the game and play for free anyways. Its not like you gotta pay for it and then can only play online. Its 2012 not 1995, everything is connected to the internet now.

drixil
Nov 16, 2012, 08:45 PM
online only games and handheld consoles dont do well together

Like what?

Griffin
Nov 16, 2012, 08:47 PM
that its a really bad idea for the ios@android/vita version to be online only.

So the smart thing to do would be to make an offline version of PSO2 for the iOS, Android, and Vita? Is that what you're going at?

Maronji
Nov 16, 2012, 08:48 PM
Well, with how PSO2 is set up in the first place, how else are they going to do it? There's no inherent off-line mode in the first place, and adding one (unless it's completely separated from online) would just make this a repeat of PSO all over again (unless they locked the offline version's client down like a maximum-security prison, and come on, this is SEGA we're talking about).

Besides, with the way the game was designed in mind, how in the world would you make an offline mode, anyway? I just can't see it.

Smithee
Nov 16, 2012, 08:55 PM
Well, with how PSO2 is set up in the first place, how else are they going to do it? There's no inherent off-line mode in the first place, and adding one (unless it's completely separated from online) would just make this a repeat of PSO all over again (unless they locked the offline version's client down like a maximum-security prison, and come on, this is SEGA we're talking about).

Besides, with the way the game was designed in mind, how in the world would you make an offline mode, anyway? I just can't see it.

same way PSU's free mode worked

Alenoir
Nov 16, 2012, 09:06 PM
same way PSU's free mode worked

Then all the data will need to be present in the client, thus repeating the same problem they had with previous games?

Smithee
Nov 16, 2012, 09:13 PM
Well I mean I still play the free mode so I think it'd work fine.

May0
Nov 16, 2012, 10:10 PM
While the game may not of been built with an offline mode in mind, the fact that you can bring CPU partners along seems like it work well for those who did play offline.

In regard to "why should it have offline?"- I have high speed now so its not an issue for me but a surprisingly large number of people have limited access...or in some cases no acess (read dial up) to high speed internet. I only recently got high speed myself and that was because I moved to a more "connected" place.

The original PSO worked well enough with dial up but I can't imagine the new one working that well since a lot of the work is done server side. Then again World of tanks worked pretty well with dial up so maybe I'm mistaken. :-?

Keep in mind that Japan has really good internet infrastructure so its not really an issue for them. For someone statside however they'll have to have high speed to play the game more than likely.

[Ayumi]
Nov 17, 2012, 04:30 AM
That makes no sense. If it's on a smart phone, you most likely have a data package. If not, you shouldn't have a smart phone. So you're good to go.

For vita, you need internet to download the game and play for free anyways. Its not like you gotta pay for it and then can only play online. Its 2012 not 1995, everything is connected to the internet now.

I do personally wish it had an offline mode.
I'll be getting a Vita and the Vita version one day. I know I won't have a way to play the game outdoors though on the Vita as I doubt I'll have internet connection out there.

Keii
Nov 17, 2012, 04:36 AM
The iPhone/Android version is (atm) aimed at the Japanese market and if you have a smartphone there you probably have "unlimited" Internet 3G access for a set price. Thus, you're able to play it anywhere anyway.

jooozek
Nov 17, 2012, 04:58 AM
It's still confused as to why would they bother releasing PSO2 on Vita when it sells so awfully (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/181594/3DS_outsells_Vita_47to1_in_Japan.php).

blace
Nov 17, 2012, 04:59 AM
It's all about the publicity, and probably Sony paying them in advance to have it be shoved onto the Vita.

Keii
Nov 17, 2012, 05:10 AM
It's still confused as to why would they bother releasing PSO2 on Vita when it sells so awfully (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/181594/3DS_outsells_Vita_47to1_in_Japan.php).
Because it was announced a lot earlier and it's the only handheld that is able to run it.

Alisha
Nov 17, 2012, 05:57 AM
the only reason i played infinity offline was to unlock stuff. in fact maximum attack infinity was gimped offline. 150% drop rate versus 300% online.