PDA

View Full Version : A couple of general questions

DZeroX
Nov 17, 2012, 12:13 PM
I've been playing PSO2 for almost a week, and found it to be a really entertaining game. That being said, I've got a couple of questions that I haven't been able to find the answers for, so I hope I could get a hand here:

1. What's the meaning of the acronyms HUnewearl, FOcast, etc? From what I can infer, they indicate class, and race, but in the case of HUnewearl, for example, I can see HU for Hunter, new for Newman, but what's the meaning of the earl at the end?

2. About the subclassing system, is it a one-time affair? Or can we change subclasses as often as we can change our main classes? I've been toying with the idea of going Hunter/Fighter or Fighter/Hunter, but I want to try both before choosing one, so if subclassing was a one-time thing, I would have to make a choice without testing, and that's pretty dumb.

3. For those who play Fighters, is it worth it for me to pump SP into the Wise Stance? I would like access to the Double Saber gear, but also, want to know if I'll be doing enough damage from behind to warrant me going into this Stance.

4. For those who play Hunter/Fighters and viceversa, how do Partizans and Double Sabers stack up next to each other, damage-wise? Is there a big difference between these 2 for single-target DPS? Not really worried about trash mobs, but I want to know if there's a noticeable improvement of one over another in relation to PAs and their normal attacks when fighting bosses. The only thing I know about Double Sabers is that some people swear by Deadly Archer, but I read that others hate it for keeping you static. I would appreciate someone shedding light on this.

Thanks in advance to those who can help me out by solving any inquiries in regards to the game. For the record, I hate Doodoo too :P

TenebriS
Nov 17, 2012, 12:38 PM
to your 1st

classes:
HU = Hunter
FI = Fighter
RA = Ranger
GU = Gunner
FO = Force
TE = Techer

Races/Genders:
Newm = Male newman
Newearl = Female Newman
Cast = Male Android
Caseal = Female Android
Mar = male Human
Marl = Female Human

the rest I think its better if someone else answers :)

Cry0
Nov 17, 2012, 12:57 PM
I play hunter/fighter and fighter hunter. I can do so because my build allows me to switch freely. The only difference is the weapons I can equip. That said:

For single target damage, fighter weapons will always be better. Partisans are a multi-target weapon, so they don't match up to double sabers.

yes, I advise pumping 5 points in both brave and wise stance, and 10 points in brave and wise stance up. Don't invest in critical. Mostly you'll have on brave stance, but some enemies/bosses are beetter attacked from the back. And you'll be happy having it then. I switch between stances quite often.

Lastly, yes, you can switch main/subclasses as often as you want.

DZeroX
Nov 17, 2012, 01:36 PM
Ah, one more thing then. Can you have multiple Stances activated at the same time? Seeing I already have Fury Stance at 10, it seems kind of a waste not being able to use it in conjunction with Brave/Wise Stance.

blace
Nov 17, 2012, 01:48 PM
You are able to use stances from both in conjunction. For example, I can use both Fury Stance and Brave Stance.

It's not that smart of a move against bosses, but still you're able to use stances from both together.

Demonare
Nov 17, 2012, 05:23 PM
1. What's the meaning of the acronyms HUnewearl, FOcast, etc? From what I can infer, they indicate class, and race, but in the case of HUnewearl, for example, I can see HU for Hunter, new for Newman, but what's the meaning of the earl at the end?

To elaborate on what Tene said, although these terms aren't used in the game proper anymore, they were the designations used for the character classes in the first PSO (and in PS Zero). So instead of choosing race/gender and then class, you would be choosing a class/race (which had some racial benefits) and the gender would affect stats. And CASTs couldn't be Forces at all.

Anyway, it's basically a holdover from an earlier time. I believe the acronyms for the three unlocked classes were pulled from PSU though.

Cry0
Nov 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
You are able to use stances from both in conjunction. For example, I can use both Fury Stance and Brave Stance.

It's not that smart of a move against bosses, but still you're able to use stances from both together.

funny fact, I always use both fury stance and a brave or wise stance together. Most times you will be ok, but recently i started playing again, and the new bosses make short work of you in fury stance. It has me wondering if it's worth putting sp into guard stance...
Probably not though. If your play skill is high enough, you won't get hit as much and fury stance isn't really that much of a risk. Also, go for units which give high health and sdef. You'll live a LOT longer.