PDA

View Full Version : Any1 running PSO2 on Windows 8?

r00tabaga
Nov 17, 2012, 06:44 PM
About to buy an ASUS tower with decent/good specs but unsure about the Windows 8 that comes pre-installed. Does this game run better on Windows 7? Heard that some games are unplayable on it like BF3. Thx in advance.

Reiketsu
Nov 17, 2012, 06:52 PM
For me, it's running even better on Windows 8 than 7 ^^ Don't have any trouble at all!

Artificial Sky
Nov 17, 2012, 07:16 PM
For me, it's running even better on Windows 8 than 7 ^^ Don't have any trouble at all!

My brother is running it on Windows 8 and it works great! Go for it!

NotRankin
Nov 17, 2012, 07:21 PM
Same, I've had a much better performance boost with it on Windows 8.

r00tabaga
Nov 17, 2012, 07:55 PM
welp, that settles it............thx

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 18, 2012, 12:49 AM
+1 to the "Windows 8 runs PSO2 way better than Windows 7" camp.
About the only thing you can hate is the Metro start screen...

Drifting Fable
Nov 18, 2012, 02:56 AM
Holy....a performance boost!?....I-I need to research this.

Inazuma
Nov 18, 2012, 05:47 AM
I'm surprised to hear that it runs better on Windows 8. It has a higher FPS or something?

NotRankin
Nov 18, 2012, 02:36 PM
For me and others yes. I've noticed about 10-15+ better FPS. It's also allowed me to play Vindictus reliably again :D.

On higher end PC's it might not show, but the reason is because it removes the Aero effect, which actually took more resources than most people would think. Not to mention an upgraded engine. Provided you don't keep 50+ apps open like I did, nearly crashing my computer. >.>

May0
Nov 18, 2012, 04:12 PM
I heard Microsoft was going to try to go the xbox route with windows 8 and package every game you could play on PC for a MSpoint equivalent.

Good thing they didn't take the pants on head retarded approach.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 18, 2012, 04:22 PM
I heard Microsoft was going to try to go the xbox route with windows 8 and package every game you could play on PC for a MSpoint equivalent.

Good thing they didn't take the pants on head retarded approach.

Oh, they're still trying to get that all integrated in the new Metro start screen, but you can still run most of your old apps via the old desktop.

NotRankin
Nov 18, 2012, 04:34 PM
I can't remember the last time I opened the metro interface.

pikachief
Nov 18, 2012, 06:43 PM
it must be better performance. I know I was told i could probably only run the game smoothly at the lowest settings with this computer but I run it perfectly fine at 4. :)

Personally I like the Metro interface even though I try to avoid it, but thats because I like trying out completely new things when it comes to technology.

BIG OLAF
Nov 18, 2012, 06:50 PM
I think Windows 8 looks like shit. I'm not into that goofy-looking "tablet" setup. I'm hoping they do a sort of 'upgrade/remodel' akin to the Vista -> 7 thing before I invest in it.

pikachief
Nov 18, 2012, 08:58 PM
I think Windows 8 looks like shit. I'm not into that goofy-looking "tablet" setup. I'm hoping they do a sort of 'upgrade/remodel' akin to the Vista -> 7 thing before I invest in it.

the "tablet" setup is only the new version of the START bar. You can download something that installs the start bar so you never need to bring up that screen ever. It basically feels like 7 with a couple small new additions here and there unless I bring up the START bar. (which like I said I can get rid of whenever I choose to)

May0
Nov 18, 2012, 09:59 PM
Oh, they're still trying to get that all integrated in the new Metro start screen, but you can still run most of your old apps via the old desktop.

That doesn't bode well...

I'm not against consumers having the choice but I hope the XBOX LIVE crowd doesn't turn PC gaming into a live membership. If things get that bad I'll have to jump ship to linnux or unbuto. I don't even know how to install an alternate operating system but I'm pretty sure its better than having to go through the "live" way of gaming.

Link1275
Nov 19, 2012, 12:32 PM
That doesn't bode well...

I'm not against consumers having the choice but I hope the XBOX LIVE crowd doesn't turn PC gaming into a live membership. If things get that bad I'll have to jump ship to linnux or unbuto. I don't even know how to install an alternate operating system but I'm pretty sure its better than having to go through the "live" way of gaming.

Linux and Ubuntu are the exact same thing. Linux is the broad term for any OS that runs on the Linux Kernel. Ubuntu runs on the Linux Kernel, therefore it is a Linux OS.