PDA

View Full Version : effectiveness of +250% rdr

suzaku0zero0
Nov 18, 2012, 04:23 AM
please tell us how much rares you have gotten with +250% rdr, no spam please

.Jack
Nov 18, 2012, 04:32 AM
When/where would someone use this is what I'd like to know. I've used a few 50% ones during the vardha EQ and I tend to only get about 1 or 2 armor units off of that.

Sirius-91
Nov 18, 2012, 05:08 AM
The RNG seems to hate me when i use them before a burst. When not using them, the RNG seems to like me a tad bit.

gravityvx
Nov 18, 2012, 05:11 AM
Those boosts are freaking useless. I find nothing ever with them on and everything with them off...what is this. I don't think sega bothered making any kind of algorithm for the %, it is either completely random no matter how much you have on, or everythings drop rate is so low you will never tell the difference and only get rares with it on by complete coincidence.

Arika
Nov 18, 2012, 05:42 AM
real luck beats everything else. 250% is more for you to get it with spare excube.

Macman
Nov 18, 2012, 07:47 AM
The fact that it takes almost 6 MILLION EXP (so getting from 1-50 all over again) to have enough excubes for thirty minutes of turning a .001% chance to a .0025% chance doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd rather just buy the 30 stack of grinders and sell'em for the gouged-as-hell market prices.

DoubleCannon
Nov 18, 2012, 09:35 AM
This is why i am spending my excubes on 1000 fun to spam for myshop.. much more effective than a +250% rare drop boost lol. hell maybe they are good but the rng still is king

BIG OLAF
Nov 18, 2012, 09:47 AM
Only things I've ever found off of drop rates tickets were a few shitty little rares that mean nothing, and an untekked Nishiki, which was probably a fluke. Yeah, they don't really do much. I can't speak for the 250% tickets though, since I'm saving my Excubes for the cooler auras that are coming out soon (the Rappy Feathers and the Leaf Bush both look stupid, I think).

consume
Nov 18, 2012, 10:05 AM
I think they work pretty well imo. I bought 3 rdr tickets and the rappy feathers. Found a pumpkin rod and lambda twizler in ruins mpa while it was active. I used my second one for farming Wolgahda and found Cless Digger from the first Wolga crystal and Court Edge from the second....never found Wolga Hands though :[. I used my last one in an urban recovery emergency and found nothing.

CelestialBlade
Nov 18, 2012, 10:10 AM
Mathematically they do work, there's no magic to them and there's no guaranteed increase in rares because of the RNG. It's just a multiplier. But 2.5 x (small number) is still going to be a pretty small number, so don't expect it to work miracles. It's still complete luck, but mathematically the theory is there.

Macman
Nov 18, 2012, 10:38 AM
In retrospect to what consume said, I can see the appeal using them during bosses. They tend to have higher droprates to compensate their lower appearance rate. A drop booster ticket would have greater effect in that regard.

CelestialBlade
Nov 18, 2012, 10:51 AM
In retrospect to what consume said, I can see the appeal using them during bosses. They tend to have higher droprates to compensate their lower appearance rate. A drop booster ticket would have greater effect in that regard.
True. If we say, for argument's sake, that bosses have ten times the droprate regular enemies do, then it can be shown:

2.5 x 0.01 = 0.025 (+0.015)
2.5 x 0.10 = 0.250 (+0.150)

So you'd also get ten times the boost out of using a ticket just for bosses, but you'd have to boss rush to make the ticket efficient as well since it's time-based. More of a boost, but less time efficiency.

Laxedrane
Nov 18, 2012, 10:52 AM
Mathematically they do work, there's no magic to them and there's no guaranteed increase in rares because of the RNG. It's just a multiplier. But 2.5 x (small number) is still going to be a pretty small number, so don't expect it to work miracles. It's still complete luck, but mathematically the theory is there.

This.

Sometimes I think people who play games with RNG need to go out and play a fire emblem. Which is can brutally teach you how % works. Dieing in two hits to a 1% chance of hit with a 1% chance to crit and having that enemy not only land both hits but critical on both... Was... Infuriating but after sitting through situations that have a 0.00001% chance of happening actually happen. You learn the true value of %s as an incident causer in computers.

Eman2417
Nov 18, 2012, 11:41 AM
This.

Sometimes I think people who play games with RNG need to go out and play a fire emblem. Which is can brutally teach you how % works. Dieing in two hits to a 1% chance of hit with a 1% chance to crit and having that enemy not only land both hits but critical on both... Was... Infuriating but after sitting through situations that have a 0.00001% chance of happening actually happen. You learn the true value of %s as an incident causer in computers.
Lol this
1% hit and 1% crit always got me
And I wouldn't even bother with drop rate boosts, 1000 fun ticket for me.